so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Had it 3 years ago? Wonder if that was pre election? Covering for Bill and Hillary. This is my shocked face.  

also heavily pressured by the royals...heaven forbid they don't get access to some baby pictures or some other useless bullshit. 

Amy Robach and whoever leaked this video to PV are in mortal danger 

yeah, this isn't about clinton or anything remotely partisan. 

this is a class thing, with the wealthiest people on the globe having a lot to lose.

i don't doubt that he was murdered or allowed to commit suicide, a la frank pentangeli. 

but he had to go for the most powerful to keep their secrets, and some of them have already been collateral damage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

FIFY

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a class thing, with the wealthiest people on the globe having a lot to lose.

i don't doubt that he was murdered or allowed to commit suicide, a la frank pentangeli. 

but he had to go for the most powerful to keep their secrets, and some of them have already been collateral damage.

I’m just going off who she specifically mentioned if you watch the clip.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

So the mainstream media doing elite’s bidding?

Enemy of the People?

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m just going off who she specifically mentioned if you watch the clip.

i just watched the clip. she mentioned the palace first.

i also would not be surprised if a few c-suite execs at media companies weren't also a part of this sick little circle.

it is a class thing. the uber wealthy get away with terrible crimes, and always have.

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I mean, you're using project veritas as a 100% trustworthy source. It's not like they have a documented history of pushing misleading stories and narratives or anything. 

so posting a video of a major network anchor saying with her own mouth that her own employer squashed a story that would have incriminated certain people is misleading...hmm 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so posting a video of a major network anchor saying with her own mouth that her own employer squashed a story that would have incriminated certain people is misleading...hmm 

I didn't say that the video was misleading, but I appreciate you trying to put words in my mouth. I'm saying you should take ANYTHING that comes out of PV with a mountain of salt. Okeefe/Veritas have pled guilty to violating wiretapping/recording consent laws, they have been caught selectively editing videos, and has previously tried to set up a littany of failed "sting" operations and embedding agent provocateurs

So yeah, I'm not disagreeing that the singular released video doesn't raise major concerns (because honestly, it wouldn't be surprising to hear that mega-media companies protected epstein). However, you should really tread carefully when drinking his kool-aid because he has a documented history of taking idiots for a manufactured outrage ride.

But you're right, fuck me for being skeptical of the "name-brand" jacob wohl.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I didn't say that the video was misleading, but I appreciate you trying to put words in my mouth. I'm saying you should take ANYTHING that comes out of PV with a mountain of salt. Okeefe/Veritas have pled guilty to violating wiretapping/recording consent laws, they have been caught selectively editing videos, and has previously tried to set up a littany of failed "sting" operations and embedding agent provocateurs

So yeah, I'm not disagreeing that the singular released video doesn't raise major concerns (because honestly, it wouldn't be surprising to hear that mega-media companies protected epstein). However, you should really tread carefully when drinking his kool-aid because he has a documented history of taking idiots for a manufactured outrage ride.

Lol so is the video credible or not?

• Like 4

Just now, Alvin89 said:

Lol so is the video credible or not?

The video is what the video is my dude. I'm simply saying that 1) project veritas is demonstrably NOT a trustworthy organization (which I even provided evidence to back my claims), and 2) it's very easy to withhold other context/information to shape the narrative to meet your agenda. If it were more than a singular known right-wing provocateur organization with original reporting on this, I'd be much less hesitant to believe it's as bad as it appears.

Again, I'm simply pointing out that PV is very very good at getting low information rubes with bad critical thinking skills to believe whatever they want them to believe. But go right on ahead and live your life my dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I‘m aware of the history, but the video is so straightforward that it’s inconsequential.  

I knew there’d be at least one poster to try to deflect towards that. Congrats, El Capitan. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I‘m aware of the history, but the video is so straightforward that it’s inconsequential.  

I knew there’d be at least one poster to try to deflect towards that. Congrats, El Capitan. 

I'm simply saying that perhaps it isn't as nefarious and (((conspiratorial))) as project veritas would like you to think. And wouldn't ya know, ABC has indeed commented on it saying that it didn't meet their reporting standards and they've kept investigating and will have significant reporting to put out in the coming year. 

Funny how you don't take the same "it doesn't matter the context, look at the one point of straightforward evidence in front of you" stance when it comes to other matters...

I agree, Epstein is a fucking animal who got away with hurting kids for far too long. It's curious why trump nominated acosta to be the secretary of labor (who is responsible for fighting human trafficking) after he let epstein walk easy and continue to hurt kids for years more. But you're right, let's focus on a media organization's decision to not run a story they weren't fully confident in. 

6 hours ago, GRHorn said:

So the mainstream media doing elite’s bidding?

Enemy of the People?

Hey! Look at me! Forcing a story down a partisan line until I can't and then using it to discredit the news media who are the only reasons we know about this!

The news media are not monolithic. This ABC anchor tape is evidence that at least the story got explored and was sadly killed due more to the power of those threatened by the story than any political persuasion. She and others dug up the story (like the Me Too stories starting with Weinstein) and were silenced by worried management afraid of losing lawsuits and (actually this is shameful) not getting crowd-pleasing puff pieces with foreign royals.

Enemy of the people? Like tort lawyers, unions, and Congress, the press is one of the few allies the regular guy can occasionally get help from. Railing against those entities has been part of the right's hate engine strategy for decades and look at where we are.

Idiot World populated by idiots who can't tell a thieving hand from a helping hand.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

I'm simply saying that perhaps it isn't as nefarious and (((conspiratorial))) as project veritas would like you to think. And wouldn't ya know, ABC has indeed commented on it saying that it didn't meet their reporting standards and they've kept investigating and will have significant reporting to put out in the coming year. 

69-A8-AC93-1-B0-E-44-D0-A377-40-A5805-D8

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Enemy of the people? Like tort lawyers, unions, and Congress, the press is one of the few allies the regular guy can occasionally get help from. Railing against those entities has been part of the right's hate engine strategy for decades and look at where we are.

What a fascinating perspective. Now I know who to go to when I need someone to stand up for tort lawyers, unions, Congress, or the mainstream media. At least 3 of those are some of the most unpopular things in existence. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

What a fascinating perspective. Now I know who to go to when I need someone to stand up for tort lawyers, unions, Congress, or the mainstream media. At least 3 of those are some of the most unpopular things in existence. 

They don't have to be loved or revered to be useful in the small man's fight against the great powers of industry and wealth. A lot of the disdain you mention is the result of the hate engine. But go along with the crowd. You're good at it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They don't have to be loved or revered to be useful in the small man's fight against the great powers of industry and wealth. A lot of the disdain you mention is the result of the hate engine. But go along with the crowd. You're good at it.

I’ll give you unions, maybe even some tort lawyers if I’m feeling charitable, but Congress and the mainstream media FIGHT AGAINST THE GREAT POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND WEALTH?!!? 

B2-C4-E15-F-E8-BC-4189-B935-2-BB9-B01-F6

They are the tools of the greats powers of industry and wealth. Holy fuck. 

• Like 2

LMAO.  Bag O'Hammers shows up just when some rando network gal goes into an in-depth Q&A on a "hot mic" (nudge nudge wink wink) to further his "the media is the enemy of the people" talking point, but he couldn't be bothered to raise his pointy little fivehead when (oh God where do I start) Trump's foot soldier does an about face "oh wow did you mean THAT quid pro quo"?

End yourself, metaphorically.

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll give you unions, maybe even some tort lawyers if I’m feeling charitable, but Congress and the mainstream media FIGHT AGAINST THE GREAT POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND WEALTH?!!? 

B2-C4-E15-F-E8-BC-4189-B935-2-BB9-B01-F6

They are the tools of the greats powers of industry and wealth. Holy fuck. 

Sometimes they do. If you're trying out new avatars, I think you've found a great one.

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

ABC says the reporting wasn’t ready and they’re still working on it and will have the story in 2020.

2a6a1a269c35ae1b4ee16752d68c9050.jpg

You mean it didn't meet the same standards as the footage of the Kentucky air show they claimed was from an attack on Kurds in Syria?  ABC's statement is about as believable as the conclusion that Epstein killed himself.

• Like 7

What's better than one dead pedo?  A hundred of them.  The hope was that the authorities could get more information on the alleged international trafficking ring from Epstein.  The realization that he was never going to be allowed to speak has pissed some people off, and rightly so.  There are a whole lot of wealthy, powerful, and influential people out there breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing he is dead and their secrets are still safe, and that sucks. 

• Like 7

By the way this would be the same ABC News whose most recognizable face is George Stephanopoulos.  The same George Stephanopoulos who was one of Bill Clinton's top political advisors during the 1992 campaign and served four years in the Clinton Administration as the White House Communications Director.  I see absolutely no conflict of interest whatsoever in ABC killing an investigation into a story that would make Bill Clinton look like a giant ball of shit.  Shit runs downhill and ABC would have to take steps to keep Stephanopoulos from being splattered by it.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

lol I don't care who gets taken down or who would've been taken down by Epstein.  Left, right, middle, etc.. all of them pedos can die a painful death for all I care.  

Just a question(legit question): Was ABC the only news outlet that was going to push the story or were the other news outlets also pushing one that got shotdown?  I'm just curious about the hate towards ABC for the hot mic (also hard to trust their statement after that whole Kentucky shit).  Did the other outlets get their stories on the matter shutdown as well?

19 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Negged for lying. There has not been one corroborated account. Just because MSNBC prints the word in their paper doesn’t make it so. 

Blasey Ford's story was generslly corroborated by notes taken by her couples therapist in 2012, and her husband has claimed that she used the name Kavanaugh in her description of the allegation during those sessions.

Yes, there were no eyewitness corroborations, but it doesn't appear she made up the claim out of whole cloth during the nomination process. Moreover, she also provided the results of a polygraph test indicating she was not lying.

I understand these facts may not rise to your standard of "corroboration," but take them however you will.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for repeating the lie that the story is uncorroborated. The victim had told others. Further, the witness had nothing to gain and much was lost by coming forth.

Hey dumbass, pretty sure the tweet was referring to gang rape allegations by Julie Swetnick and her star attorney Michael Avenatti. Uncorroborated, but media ran with it immediately.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/kavanaugh-accuser-julie-swetnick-speaks-out-sexual-abuse-allegations-n915641

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-avenatti-client-allegations-kavanaugh/story?id=58097092

Wonder how that met their high “editorial standards”?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-gang-rape-claim-falls-apart/

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Hey dumbass, pretty sure the tweet was referring to gang rape allegations by Julie Swetnick and her star attorney Michael Avenatti. Uncorroborated, but media ran with it immediately.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/kavanaugh-accuser-julie-swetnick-speaks-out-sexual-abuse-allegations-n915641

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-avenatti-client-allegations-kavanaugh/story?id=58097092

Wonder how that met their high “editorial standards”?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-gang-rape-claim-falls-apart/

So now we're going with ignoring one seemingly credible alledged assault victim of a Supreme Court nominee while focusing solely on another lesser-so one based on a tweet that doesn't specify which one in order to accuse the "lamestream media" of covering up allegations against a very rich and well-connected accused pedophile to point out that the Clinton's were the real perpetrators?

0330chewbacca.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Today maybe, but not back in the day (not that long ago) when women actually said if bill tells you to suck it you do.  Don't even try to make the democrats out to be anything other than the other team engaging in the same shit republicans do.

What in the blue hell are you babbling about?

No.