so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article234108307.html

Reveal hidden contents

That investigation is separate from the Justice Department probe looking at why then-federal prosecutor Alexander Acosta decided to shelve a 53-page sex trafficking indictment against Epstein, which could have put him away for life. 

And now there is yet another pending investigation, this one looking at how Epstein, rearrested at 66 in early July on renewed sex trafficking charges, was able to hang himself last Saturday in a New York City jail cell while awaiting trial. The new charges were filed after the Miami Herald published a series on Epstein’s 10-year-old case, Perversion of Justice, that examined, among other things, Acosta’s decision to give in to a defense demand that victims not be told about the earlier federal charges being dropped.

The Manhattan cell where he took his own life — in a hardscrabble lockup notorious for bugs, rodents and rough jailmates — was a stark contrast to his surroundings in Palm Beach County in 2008.

What’s clear from the Palm Beach sheriff’s records is that Epstein’s wealth provided him extraordinary privileges during his 13-month stay in Palm Beach stockade from June 30, 2008 toJuly 22, 2009 — an unlocked cell door, almost unlimited access to a TV, and a perhaps uniquely generous work release program that meant he spent almost as much time outside the jail as in it.

The longer he stayed, the cushier things got. Six-day-a-week work release was extended to seven. Hours outside the cell were extended from 12 to 16. He was permitted to pass some of the time at home. Records that once referred to him as an inmate now called him “client.” 

Deputies, required to wear business suits, provided “security” for Epstein while he was on work release. They guarded the door to his office or home, sometimes from the outside, rather than keeping an eye directly on Epstein, while the inmate was on structured leave from the jail. Some deputies expressed relief in their daily reports that he seemed pleased with services rendered. 

The records from Palm Beach suggest the local sheriff’s office never intended to treat the convicted sex offender as a typical inmate — explicitly because of his extraordinary wealth.

In an email on the day Epstein reported to jail, Capt. Mark Chamberlain wrote that the new inmate was a person of “unusual means” and expressed concerns that other prisoners might try to extort or manipulate him.

“His financial status lends itself to his being victimized while in custody and as such, he has been placed in special management,” Chamberlain wrote. “He is poorly versed in jail routine and society and his adjustment to incarceration will most likely be atypical. For the time being, I am authorizing that his cell door be left unlocked and he be given liberal access to the attorney room where a TV will be installed.”

All this while serving time for soliciting sex with a minor — a charge Epstein agreed to plead guilty to only after Acosta, then the U.S. attorney for Southern Florida, killed an already drafted sex-trafficking indictment that could have put him away for life. 

During his stint in Palm Beach County custody, Epstein was required to be physically present in the jail for about 60 percent of the time during the 13 months he served, far less time than originally reported by PBSO when questioned by the Miami Herald and other media outlets. According to calculations based on internal emails describing his work release, Epstein was approved to spend over 40 percent of the time at his office, at home, or at a variety of doctor appointments. 

Bradley Edwards, an attorney for some of the women who accuse Epstein of having recruiters lure girls to his Palm Beach estate for massages that turned into sexual assaults, has alleged that Epstein used his work release hours to engage in sexual exploits behind closed doors. A release of court records earlier this month quoted a young female college student allegedly recruited by Epstein’s associates saying he required “three orgasms a day” to function. “It was biological. Like eating,” she said Epstein told her. 

The record of who visited Epstein while on work release — a daily log maintained by deputies and tucked away in a safe — has been destroyed. Explaining that decision, the sheriff’s office cited legally prescribed retention schedules that allowed for the book’s destruction. But many records from that time remain for investigators to examine, including the thousands of pages of just-released records. 

The records provided Friday list every deputy assigned as plainclothes “security” for Epstein during his work release. The deputies, paid for by Epstein, are potential witnesses in what is an ongoing Florida FDLE investigation of Epstein’s treatment by PBSO and its longtime sheriff, Bradshaw.

Purchase records from the jail’s commissary are a reflection of the hedge fund manager’s eclectic personal habits, which included an insatiable sweet-tooth, and a focus on physical appearance and personal hygiene. The prisoner’s purchases, $2,000 worth in all, included hundreds of snacks, from large Hershey’s almond bars to Sour Cheddar Ruffles, hair gel, seven bottles of shampoo, and 22 tubes of toothpaste. 

Early during his jail stretch, one of Epstein’s paralegals was caught bringing Epstein a book titled “Face Exercises that Prevent Premature Aging.” Someone also smuggled in more hygiene products, including three additional tubes of toothpaste — brands that weren’t available on the jail shelves. All of that was confiscated as contraband, records show.

After three and a half months in the stockade, Epstein was granted work release by the sheriff’s office, allowing him 12 hours a day, six days a week at his private office, as well as permitting regular trips to a chiropractor. While on work release, Epstein was supervised by off-duty deputies who were required to wear business suits, not uniforms. They were paid hourly by Epstein, according to work release records. Epstein also paid $84 per week to PBSO as a standard work release fee.

The arrangement came to the attention of Assistant U.S. Attorney A. Marie Villafaña, who wasn’t pleased. On July 3, 2008, she wrote a letter to PBSO Deputy Chief Mike Gauger that letting Epstein spend time in a private office “making telephone calls, web-surfing, and having food delivered to him is probably not in accordance with the objectives of imprisonment.”

Villafaña noted that the situation seemed to violate PBSO’s own policies and asserted that the financier had misrepresented details about the made-to-order charity where he purportedly worked while on work release. 

Work release programs are meant to help inmates maintain their lives outside jail walls and reintegrate into society. But Epstein’s was loaded with perks.

"The record of who visited Epstein while on work release — a daily log maintained by deputies and tucked away in a safe — has been destroyed."

Of course it has. 

• Like 2

Epstein Signed Will Two Days Before Jail Cell Suicide

Jeffrey Epstein signed his will just two days before he died by suicide in his jail cell, leaving behind nearly $600 million.

According to the New York Post, he put all of his holdings in a trust. There are no details about the trust’s beneficiaries in the documents.

The will was filed at a court in the Virgin Islands.

Read Epstein’s will here:

so...not a murder

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Good thing his first attempt was unsuccessful.

Not really, everybody knows the only way to make money in Estate/Probate Law is to find people between their first and second suicide attempts and craft their Will and Power of Attorney documents then.  Anything before or after that is just a waste of Order of the Coif talents.  i should know, I finished almost 1.5 years of law school.  

You know the old billionaire pedophile saying, "Careful there Jeffrey or you'll end up a cell so small, you can't Swing a Dead Cat." 

I know the Mafia used to send dead fish, but what's the significance of a Cat Head?  

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Yeah, we'd really need to ask Smax to know for sure

Was Smax also the guy who told the Shaggy collective about his elaborate plans for murdering squirrels (that is, if I'm remembering that weird story correctly)?

IN my next life remind me to manufacture and sell cameras to U.S. law enforcement.  

Folks-it's easy to yell, "Shut up conspiracy theorist!"  at most people who are questioning what happened here with Epstein.  But c'mon.  This is like Keystone Cops, Col. Klink, and my junior high A/V club president all got together and opened up a Federal Prison for our most sensitive and protected state's witnesses.  

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

IN my next life remind me to manufacture and sell cameras to U.S. law enforcement.  

Folks-it's easy to yell, "Shut up conspiracy theorist!"  at most people who are questioning what happened here with Epstein.  But c'mon.  This is like Keystone Cops, Col. Klink, and my junior high A/V club president all got together and opened up a Federal Prison for our most sensitive and protected state's witnesses.  

There is no issue in questioning what happened. There’s an issue with saying that you know it’s X with no evidence other than your existing bias.  X can be Clinton, Trump, Jews/Mossad, Bill Barr, the royal family  or any one else.  Not sure if you have done that here, but that’s where I see the nut job line.

It’s tragically funny that our Presidont is squarely on the wrong side of that nut job line.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

At this point, I think it's more conspiratorial to think he wasn't murdered.  Taken off suicide watch (despite just having committed attempted suicide)? Check. Guards asleep and not routinely checking in on the most high profile prisoner in the jail? Check. Cameras magically not working? Check. Relationships and potentially damaging information on lots of powerful people? Check.  I mean, WTF.

• Like 4

Let me add to your checklist, if I may...

Excruciatingly detailed list of how he spent every minute in/out of prison last time he was sent to jail?   Check.

Excruciatingly detailed list of how he spent every last cent in the commissary?  Check.

Excruciatingly detailed log of his prison visits/visitors up until the final two weeks?  Check.

Vague understanding of where he might be located in the current jail?  Nope.

Rough idea of who may or may not be on guard shift that day?  Not a clue.

Possibly identity of mystery woman who spent two hours in his cell with him?  We dunno.  

6-page article in the New York Times about every detail of both his jail stints?  Got it.  But will any media outlet (that I trust like NYT/WaPo/CNN) go to any fucking trouble to dig just a little bit into the list of legitimate non-conspiratorial questions posed by Keef?  Nope, they wouldn't stoop to the whack-job Conspiracy theorist levels.  Particularly CNN, never has any trouble getting into pissing contests with President Fuckstick, and he's thrown out all kinds of ludicrous shit about Epstein.  And do these journalists of record get off their asses to go do typical gruntwork and request lists of guards on duty that day and start doing interviews?  Find out which guard mysteriously bought a new boat the following week.  Go interview the reassigned warden.  Do some old fashioned reporter footwork and get a legitimate angle on why the most high-profile federal prisoner since Oswald was taken off suicide watch, had his visitor logs escaped, had his cameras down for repairs, and his guards playing hide-n-go-seek the day of his death.  There's a massive story just staring you in the face but you won't touch it because you don't want to play around in the mud with the nutjobs.  Of course people are listening to our idiotic President when he talks about Epstein and the Clintons, because he's the only high-profile person/institution talking about it.  Top three sites when I google "Epstein last days" are from Business Insider, Radar Online (whatever the fuck that is), and the NY Post.  Not exactly the who's-who of the Peabody Awards.  Somebody just do a fucking proper reporting job on this so Trump will shut up.  

Did Epstein have anyone dear to him who could have been threatened for leverage? He seems to be something of loner outside of his elaborate social event schedule.

I ask because I wonder what leverage could have been used to force a suicide. In lieu of that, we must believe that the suicide was related to the end of his lifestyle with prospects of only dreariness at best and horror at worst. Such an act for such reasons makes sense. However, does that fit the pattern of an egotistical criminal who had the balls to set up a sex ring with the richest most powerful people in the world? I'm not sure he's the type to think he can't handle adversity and risk.

Add the absurd lapses in prison personnel and procedure, and this gets really smelly. I agree with Keef that the weight of evidence makes murder more believable than suicide. 

If hard characters had access to his cell, they can threaten a spectrum of pain and mutilation to get Epstein to comply to being strangled. You're gonna die anyway. You wanna do it with your balls in your mouth, your eyes poked out and a burning cigarette in your anus?

You have the guards standing there showing that there is no appeal. They may have promised to knock him out with a choke hold to make his exit easier.

Aside from showing the corners of my own dark soul, it's not hard to imagine murder to look like hanging or intimidation to force suicide.

There is a lid covering a tunnel ladder. At the bottom of the ladder, the rich and powerful indulge any appetite or whim with no regard for whomever they use up. Epstein was the key to the lid. The denizens of that underworld use up teenage girls and who knows who else. They wouldn't scruple at murder or much of anything else to protect themselves.

We're fat and happy watching the football, gossiping, reading fiction, or going out in our boats. We're fine, why should we care about stirring up the rich.

This is why I worry about the safety of Elizabeth Warren should she become the presumed candidate for the Dems. There seems to be no dirty story or even mildly dirty story that could be distorted to discredit her as a person. What if she becomes an inevitability?

I'll have to swallow another harsh dose of impotent fury. I will come to actively despises my own country. And I won't know who to strike at.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Did Epstein have anyone dear to him who could have been threatened for leverage? He seems to be something of loner outside of his elaborate social event schedule.

I ask because I wonder what leverage could have been used to force a suicide. In lieu of that, we must believe that the suicide was related to the end of his lifestyle with prospects of only dreariness at best and horror at worst. Such an act for such reasons makes sense. However, does that fit the pattern of an egotistical criminal who had the balls to set up a sex ring with the richest most powerful people in the world? I'm not sure he's the type to think he can't handle adversity and risk.

Add the absurd lapses in prison personnel and procedure, and this gets really smelly. I agree with Keef that the weight of evidence makes murder more believable than suicide. 

If hard characters had access to his cell, they can threaten a spectrum of pain and mutilation to get Epstein to comply to being strangled. You're gonna die anyway. You wanna do it with your balls in your mouth, your eyes poked out and a burning cigarette in your anus?

You have the guards standing there showing that there is no appeal. They may have promised to knock him out with a choke hold to make his exit easier.

Aside from showing the corners of my own dark soul, it's not hard to imagine murder to look like hanging or intimidation to force suicide.

There is a lid covering a tunnel ladder. At the bottom of the ladder, the rich and powerful indulge any appetite or whim with no regard for whomever they use up. Epstein was the key to the lid. The denizens of that underworld use up teenage girls and who knows who else. They wouldn't scruple at murder or much of anything else to protect themselves.

We're fat and happy watching the football, gossiping, reading fiction, or going out in our boats. We're fine, why should we care about stirring up the rich.

This is why I worry about the safety of Elizabeth Warren should she become the presumed candidate for the Dems. There seems to be no dirty story or even mildly dirty story that could be distorted to discredit her as a person. What if she becomes an inevitability?

I'll have to swallow another harsh dose of impotent fury. I will come to actively despises my own country. And I won't know who to strike at.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Let me add to your checklist, if I may...

Excruciatingly detailed list of how he spent every minute in/out of prison last time he was sent to jail?   Check.

Excruciatingly detailed list of how he spent every last cent in the commissary?  Check.

Excruciatingly detailed log of his prison visits/visitors up until the final two weeks?  Check.

Vague understanding of where he might be located in the current jail?  Nope.

Rough idea of who may or may not be on guard shift that day?  Not a clue.

Possibly identity of mystery woman who spent two hours in his cell with him?  We dunno.  

6-page article in the New York Times about every detail of both his jail stints?  Got it.  But will any media outlet (that I trust like NYT/WaPo/CNN) go to any fucking trouble to dig just a little bit into the list of legitimate non-conspiratorial questions posed by Keef?  Nope, they wouldn't stoop to the whack-job Conspiracy theorist levels.  Particularly CNN, never has any trouble getting into pissing contests with President Fuckstick, and he's thrown out all kinds of ludicrous shit about Epstein.  And do these journalists of record get off their asses to go do typical gruntwork and request lists of guards on duty that day and start doing interviews?  Find out which guard mysteriously bought a new boat the following week.  Go interview the reassigned warden.  Do some old fashioned reporter footwork and get a legitimate angle on why the most high-profile federal prisoner since Oswald was taken off suicide watch, had his visitor logs escaped, had his cameras down for repairs, and his guards playing hide-n-go-seek the day of his death.  There's a massive story just staring you in the face but you won't touch it because you don't want to play around in the mud with the nutjobs.  Of course people are listening to our idiotic President when he talks about Epstein and the Clintons, because he's the only high-profile person/institution talking about it.  Top three sites when I google "Epstein last days" are from Business Insider, Radar Online (whatever the fuck that is), and the NY Post.  Not exactly the who's-who of the Peabody Awards.  Somebody just do a fucking proper reporting job on this so Trump will shut up.  

3 hours ago, Keef said:

At this point, I think it's more conspiratorial to think he wasn't murdered.  Taken off suicide watch (despite just having committed attempted suicide)? Check. Guards asleep and not routinely checking in on the most high profile prisoner in the jail? Check. Cameras magically not working? Check. Relationships and potentially damaging information on lots of powerful people? Check.  I mean, WTF.

so, whodoneit?

interesting point alluded to in the last several posts.  The reason the shift change and guard on duty questions are so obfuscated it’s likely because one or two guards were present in his cell when the bad news was delivered so that he would know there would be no recourse and that the next step would be inevitable on his part.  To mask the identity of those one or two guards,  this game of three card Monty ensued where nobody knows who was supposed to be on duty suddenly a new shift change procedure clock in and clock out scans are all messed up to shit etc. 

Think of it as a more fucked up version of the closing montage to the Thomas Crown affair    

It almost doesn’t matter whether Epstein was murdered, committed/was forced/was allowed to commit suicide.

Guards being changed, cellies being removed, cameras not working, etc etc etc. 

There is one inescapable conclusion in the whole thing. People in power wanted him dead, and made damn sure it would happen. That’s where the focus needs to be. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zork said:

so, whodoneit?

I have no idea.  His roladex was pretty big and any number of persons could have wanted him dead.  There are so many questions about this guy.  Where did he get his money?  Why did Acosta let him off with a slap on the wrist?  Who are his clients?  This is a huge political scandal IMO that isn't getting near the attention it deserves.

Edited by Keef

I live about 30 miles from his "ranch" out near Gallisteo, NM. Drove down the road near there the other day and there was a black SUV with dark tinted windows parked at entrance of road headed out to ranch. You can see it from Hwy 41 up on the mesa, huge spread.

Image result for epstein ranch

Edited by Mapache

Hundreds of third parties named in currently sealed court document.

From Forbes and other sources, I heard it on NPR:

Topline: Hundreds of other people” could be implicated in still-sealed court documents pertaining to Jeffrey Epstein's alleged sex ring of underage girls, as a Wednesday court hearing over those documents’ proposed release turned contentious.

• According to reports, U.S. district judge Loretta Preska was irritated with the lawyers present for not having a plan to review the documents for release.
  • The hearing ended with Preska ordering the lawyers to create a schedule for releasing the documents, as well as a process to determine how much information should be released to the public.
  • It’s unclear who is named in the still unreleased court records, but Ghislaine Maxwell's attorney Jeffrey Pagliuca said they include “literally hundreds of pages of investigative reports that mention hundreds of people.”
  • The new document trove is part of a 2015 defamation lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffre, an alleged Epstein victim, against Maxwell, the disgraced financier’s ex-girlfriend and confidante. Giuffre claimed in the lawsuit that Maxwell, by publicly calling her a liar, forced her to endure “public ridicule, contempt and disgrace.”
  • Giuffre alleges she was trafficked to a number of Epstein’s famous and wealthy friends⁠—and that Maxwell recruited her and other underage girls as well as participating in their sexual abuse herself. Maxwell has denied all allegations.
  • 2,000 pages of documents pertaining to the case were already unsealedby the court a day before Epstein killed himself in his Manhattan jail cell.

What we don’t know: The number of pages that haven’t yet been released. When issuing its order, the appellate court wrote that the media and members of the public should “exercise restraint” when reviewing new allegations and information in the unsealed records. And despite rampant media speculation (and an odd outing at a Los Angeles burger joint), Ghislaine Maxwell’s whereabouts are largely unknown.

This'll work like all arithmetic statistical analysis.  They'll throw out the top 10 outliers and the bottom 10 outliers. But if your teen-age fucker in that middle 80...lawyer the fuck up.  And not your usual lawyers.  Also, practice making shivs.