The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Predicted to Sell Soon

Only 1 available and 5 other people have this in their carts

On 8/20/2023 at 6:59 AM, Chad Fuck said:

I'm sorry, but $150 shipping.  Get outta here.

• Haha 1

As a vintage Gibson owner (as discussed upthread) I feel like I belong here, finally.

Anyway, I pulled out my pristine Peavey T60, and I haven't opened that case in a very long time.  I went to the googles to learn more, and WTF do I see?  

Carl Fucking Perkins playing a Peavey

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

As a vintage Gibson owner (as discussed upthread) I feel like I belong here, finally.

Anyway, I pulled out my pristine Peavey T60, and I haven't opened that case in a very long time.  I went to the googles to learn more, and WTF do I see?  

Carl Fucking Perkins playing a Peavey

I have a shit brown T-15 that I inherited from a friend.  I may've plugged it in once.  

• Like 1

Rochester was awesome and House of Guitars is something else. Just piles and piles of new and vintage guitars in the front everywhere you look. You walk through a hall on one end and wind up in a big warehouse space full of records, CD's, t-shirts, etc.walk down another hall and you come into the amp room. Its like the place never ends. The whole thing is a complete mess, I have no idea how they inventory, but evidently they do. I look up and see a Martin D45 just leaning against some wood shelf like it was a cheap import.

I guess 2 brothers opened it around 1980 and fuck if I know how they do it. One of them was there, nice guy. Looked like he hadn't been outdoors since they opened and he was cleaning dog shit from the carpet by pouring a bucket if soapy water on it. They have personalized signed memorabilia from when just about any musician you can think of visited.

20230821_155117.jpg20230821_164411.jpg20230821_155432.jpg20230821_155923.jpg20230821_155928.jpg20230821_160734.jpg20230821_160708.jpg20230821_164542.jpg20230821_164845.jpg20230821_164529.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

So whats the consensus here about airline travel with a guitar?  Hard case and check?  Carry with you to the gate and hope they have a spot for it in the cabin?  Don't do it at all unless you have an anvil case for it?  Buy a second ticket and make sure its seat belt is tightly fastened?

So whats the consensus here about airline travel with a guitar?  Hard case and check?  Carry with you to the gate and hope they have a spot for it in the cabin?  Don't do it at all unless you have an anvil case for it?  Buy a second ticket and make sure its seat belt is tightly fastened?
Here's the deal. Obama signed a bill that says they have to let you carry a musical instrument aboard if there is room for it when you board by law.

I always get to the gate early and get an early boarding group. The gate agent is gonna try to bullshit you that you need to check, but tell her you want to wait until your on board to check with thenflught crew.

Flight crew has always found space, sometimes in a closet, sometimes by being that dick who takes up a whole overhead section.

I flew back last night and the agent told this guy he needed to check his guitar and he went along with it. Got on board and it was the emptiest flight I've been on on years.

https://www.cabinzero.com/blogs/our-journey/guide-to-flying-with-musical-instruments#:~:text=Rules%20On%20Travelling%20With%20Musical%20Instruments&text=According%20to%20the%20Transportation%20Rules,carry%2Don%20or%20checked%20baggage.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Here's the deal. Obama signed a bill that says they have to let you carry a musical instrument aboard if there is room for it when you board by law.

I always get to the gate early and get an early boarding group. The gate agent is gonna try to bullshit you that you need to check, but tell her you want to wait until your on board to check with thenflught crew.

Flight crew has always found space, sometimes in a closet, sometimes by being that dick who takes up a whole overhead section.

I flew back last night and the agent told this guy he needed to check his guitar and he went along with it. Got on board and it was the emptiest flight I've been on on years.

https://www.cabinzero.com/blogs/our-journey/guide-to-flying-with-musical-instruments#:~:text=Rules%20On%20Travelling%20With%20Musical%20Instruments&text=According%20to%20the%20Transportation%20Rules,carry%2Don%20or%20checked%20baggage.

Good info, thanks.

31 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Or, buy the seat next to you and you get to avoid having the unwashed masses sitting next to you as a bonus!

• Hook 'Em 1

I have travelled with my acoustic in a Mono padded soft case in the overhead on Southwest many times. I always get a good boarding number on Southwest so I find an empty overhead and sit there. Sometimes people complain but not my problem. Never had an issue.

Did have one Delta flight where the overhead bins weren’t big enough and the flight attended put it in a closet by the front door. That was the only non-Southwest flight.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know about traveling with guitars, and I haven't been on a plane with equipment in a couple of decades. But pro photographers with expensive equipment typically ship their gear to the chosen hotel or HQ to where they are destined ahead of time.

Hard case inside box and checked worked for me. With AirTag hidden in case for bonus points. I am constantly looking for guitar boxes in case I have to get out of the country fast. Lol.
  • Hook 'Em 1