The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

18 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Help identifying any of these pedals is appreciated. This bass player I saw last night sounded incredible and I'm trying to figure out how he got his sound. Screenshot_20230910_195043_Photos.jpg

the nearest one is an ethereal pedal by wampler.  as goredho can attest, it is by far my favorite pedal ever.  it is a combo delay-reverb pedal that i fucking love.  i would strongly recommend it to anyone.

eta: i use it anytime i want to sound like sigur ros or explosions in the sky...but i also love pairing it with my big muff fuzz for the sweetest hard rock sound...kind of a jimi sound.  super great pedal...even for bass.  get it.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Player's series axes on sale at Adorama through the slickdeals link.

Adorama has Fender Player Stratocaster Electric Guitars (Various Models) on sale from $579. Shipping is free.

Thanks to Deal Editor iconian for finding this deal.

Available Deals:
Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:11 PM, Celery Man said:

I never saw this before, looks like it’s from 7 years back. I’ve been a fan of Taylor’s since she first came out but this is fairly respectable rhythm playing and I didn’t know she had that skill

another thing that's great about this is the perfect amount of drive she's got there where it's near clean when soft and a bit distorted when she digs in.

not gonna lie - on the "once every couple of years or so" occasion that I get put in front of a karaoke mic I either roll hard musical numbers or 100% Tay Tay starting with You Belong With me and rolling into Wildest Dreams. 100% of the time it works 90% of the time. I just sat down for 3 minutes to figure out what she's doing (super duper simple) and I'm going to work that into my acoustic guitar playing/singing catalog.

15 hours ago, sidis said:

the nearest one is an ethereal pedal by wampler.  as goredho can attest, it is by far my favorite pedal ever.  it is a combo delay-reverb pedal that i fucking love.  i would strongly recommend it to anyone.

eta: i use it anytime i want to sound like sigur ros or explosions in the sky...but i also love pairing it with my big muff fuzz for the sweetest hard rock sound...kind of a jimi sound.  super great pedal...even for bass.  get it.

love delay reverb homies, i'd be tempted to hunt that down if I didn't already have a flint and an el capistan on my board.

i can help with the one on the far right - some sort of tuner.

i can help with the one on the far right - some sort of tuner.

I actually have that little tuner. Ordered it by mistake, then couldn't find after I had the return label.

The only question left is the red pedal between the tuner and fuzz. Some sort of drive I'd assume.

The band was Brant Bjork Trio. Brant is former Kyuss - OG stoner rock from the palm desert. They sounded incredible and the guy playing bass had me taking notes.

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I love a blood red translucent finish.  I had an Ibanez that looked kinda like that in the late 80's, until I realized I looked like an idiot playing an Ibanez without being a shredder.

I'm not a shredder, but I've accepted that I look like an idiot, so I'm probably in the market.  My deal was I never could get used to that wide, flat shredder neck on the pointy 80s Ibanezes(sp?).

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Somewhere along the way we must have had this debate. But if you are only allowed to have one guitar (oh the humanity), what would it be?

man I'm having a hard time being impartial because it's been my "go-to" since I bought it earlier this year but.... goldtop les paul, p90s.

I think a strong argument can be made for a strat in the SSH configuration as the most versatile guitar. Tele is also a very good choice - remember that Led Zep 1 was recorded on a tele if you're wondering about "mai humbucker tones".

On 9/10/2023 at 10:54 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

Help identifying any of these pedals is appreciated. This bass player I saw last night sounded incredible and I'm trying to figure out how he got his sound. Screenshot_20230910_195043_Photos.jpg

Bottom to top you got your green one, your round one, your sorta purple one and your black one.

Hope that helps!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Somewhere along the way we must have had this debate. But if you are only allowed to have one guitar (oh the humanity), what would it be?

It would be my parts made Jazzocaster.  The best feeling and playing guitar I've ever owned.

It has SD Antiquity II Surfer Strat ups in it, with the middle pup in reverse polarity so I can get hum cancelling in the 2 and 4 positions.  It does Strat tones (natch) but also can muster up some twangy Tele and smooth jazz.  The only thing it won't do is the high gain metal sounds.  As established earlier, like JJ, I'm no shredder so that doesn't bother me too much.  

4 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I mostly play acoustic (Taylor Big Baby I fitted an LR Baggs M1A onto) but I have this Yamaha SHB-400 from 81'-'83-ish a friend had randomly given to me years ago and I haven't really messed with much. Always thought it looked interesting. Just not my style, I guess. 

Captureyamaha.PNG.620cc9c08c738f81a234f910b8dea253.PNG

I’ll give you three-fiddy for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Deej said:

New pups in the Tele today.

Holy shit, that SD Vintage 54 neck pickup is a revelation. Best Tele neck pup I've ever played through. I want to make a reverse Esquire with just that in the guitar.

So tell us more about it.  I went from twisted tele to a 51 Nocaster set in my 52 AV and was glad for the change, but the neck pickup is nothing like my 64 AV or my 90.  Much more subdued, but not in a bad way.  And it's a definite improvement over the stratiness of the TT neck pickup.

Edited by dcbc

It just has a bite I'm not used to with a Tele neck pickup. I had a twisted Tele neck pickup in the Baja, and I agree it was too strat-like. 

This thing, when I really dig in to it, just surprises me. 

Not as impressed with the bridge pickup. It's bright and twangy, which isn't a bad thing, but I think I'll end up finding a better match for the neck. 

Edited by Deej