The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Plugged in and began noodling around. "Ok, I really am going to start putting some more serious time in."

Fast-forward 4 hours. Walking across the kitchen, I hit a spot of water from the pup who spills more water than she gets in her mouth. I reach out to catch myself with the hand I broke, and slam it across a shelf. Half my hand is purple and swollen. FML.

Maybe I should just sell everything. 

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Plugged in and began noodling around. "Ok, I really am going to start putting some more serious time in."

Fast-forward 4 hours. Walking across the kitchen, I hit a spot of water from the pup who spills more water than she gets in her mouth. I reach out to catch myself with the hand I broke, and slam it across a shelf. Half my hand is purple and swollen. FML.

tenor.gif?itemid=4918616

Wait, you broke your hand again? Same hand?

Also, same pup that already cost you thousands in vet bills? Plus a broken hand? Must be quite a pup!

16 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Also, same pup that already cost you thousands in vet bills? Plus a broken hand? Must be quite a pup!

Yep, and yep. 

I reached out instinctively to catch myself and hit the side of my hand right where it broke the first time. It hurt like hell, but I thought it was ok. It doesn't really look ok. Someone at work asked, "Should it look like something angular is pushing up through your skin?" 

It's not a severe as the first time, but I think I may have broken off a few pieces that they had just let calcify back together, as there was a lot of damage they just left to heal as best it could. 

Edited by Deej

2 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Vet bills were enough I might have had a shot at a piece from that Gilmour auction. *sigh*

A bit nerdy, but here a guy takes a new Les Paul to the nearby shop where I got my PRS and has it PLEK'd to see if Gibson has made any improvements. Ben from Righteous Guitars does the work (and has nice things to say about the new LPs):

Some interesting stuff about string angle and action with the nut slot too high and bridge too low.

• Like 2

Well, this is cool, and surely qualifies as "guitar pron".  KLM is funding Delft Technological University's concept called the "Flying V" airliner.  Yes, it was named after the guitar.  Similar wingspan as existing planes but is predicted to use 20% less fuel.  Seats 314 passengers:

A stunning 'V-shaped' craft developed by researchers at Delft Technology University in the Netherlands has been financially backed by KLM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noharleyyet said:

Believe it's been touched on but how many of you guys play at your work office? I'm on a practice kick lately....

48007661177_ee27ae8c0f_z.jpg  

I could never get away with it.  But dang, that is a beauty.  What model is that again?  The anodized pick guard looks great against that white.

I have my Martin DM up there. There’s a ping pong room that I will very rarely take it to and zone out for a bit. I guess there’s a Fender 12 string that stays in there that theoretically belongs to me as well.

That guitar is 23 years old now, sounds great even in comparison to my HD-28. I should get a D18 or a 000-18. Or a mahogany J45. Or a Hummingbird.

I have my Martin DM up there. There’s a ping pong room that I will very rarely take it to and zone out for a bit. I guess there’s a Fender 12 string that stays in there that theoretically belongs to me as well.

That guitar is 23 years old now, sounds great even in comparison to my HD-28. I should get a D18 or a 000-18. Or a mahogany J45. Or a Hummingbird.
000-28

Believe me.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, Deej said:

I busted my left hand a few months ago breaking a fall.  Per the doc it was not broken and my thumb was black and blue.  I still have wrist pain and it is difficult to play, but slowly getting better I think.  But if I move it just right it hurts like a bitch.

2 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I busted my left hand a few months ago breaking a fall.  Per the doc it was not broken and my thumb was black and blue.  I still have wrist pain and it is difficult to play, but slowly getting better I think.  But if I move it just right it hurts like a bitch.

I feel your pain. I dislocated my wrist when I broke the hand, and even that still gives me trouble, and it's been three years. Give it time. Recommend physical therapy. 

On 5/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, Buzzrock said:

A bit nerdy, but here a guy takes a new Les Paul to the nearby shop where I got my PRS and has it PLEK'd to see if Gibson has made any improvements. Ben from Righteous Guitars does the work (and has nice things to say about the new LPs):

Some interesting stuff about string angle and action with the nut slot too high and bridge too low.

I got my early 90's Tele plek'ed at Straight Frets in Austin.  It made a big difference, and it was a pretty cool process.  I'm always interested in the intersections of art and engineering.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I got my early 90's Tele plek'ed at Straight Frets in Austin.  It made a big difference, and it was a pretty cool process.  I'm always interested in the intersections of art and engineering.  

I spoke with Danny last week about doing an R6. Interesting indeed..

three years, two months. I remember it like it was yesterday. 
Mine will be 4 years exactly on the 20th of this month. Its 95% back to normal. I still have trouble reaching the 7th with my pinky in the lower frets. I've adapted by just letting the bass pick up the root. Plus I got a gnarly ass scar to look at on my wrist.