The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

8 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Oh shit. and a black jack plate.

Jack_Plate_for_Strat.jpg

And a black Gotoh tremolo and fuck it, tuners also. 

Wilkinson_Gotoh_VS-100N_Tremolo.jpg

Grover_Mid-Size_Rotomatics_305_Series_6-

Ok, I just made this guitar like $900 more dollars. 

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I just gotta have that big fat black CBS headstock though. It's key. 

There are also some black MIJ strats from the 80's that are killer. Especially the Fuji Jen plant strats. All they'd need is some pup cover or pickguard adjustment (depending on color) and a luthier tune up/adjustment.

pdycupbxikfdg0rbrqin.jpg

fdfnsmzkqebqjexdjiac.jpg

zf1ht9crlqpmax9mzjg8.jpg

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

iwselxqivmnssbrgjwg9.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/22918917-fender-stratocaster-blacked-out

Looking at this blacked out job, leaving a little chrome or a middle ply color for the pick guard may help stylistically.  

Or fender needs to tweak and rebrand the Ryan Adams strat (like JHS did with his VCR pedal) and release that shit. Leave the pickguard alone but change that trim to red and/or pearl.

DgkTy4DVQAANMWc.jpg

s9vnuc7wju3zsthjvqwu.jpg

14 hours ago, Deej said:

Have them paint the neck pocket black. I'd hate for any of that light color to leak out. 

I was waiting for you to advise replacing the hideous non-black magnet single coil pickups with black P90s with black screws.

But obviously, paint in the neck pocket would destroy the tone.

Edited by DougO

9 hours ago, Mileslong said:

This is how DougO makes a guitar from scratch...after growing the tree of course

In about 50 years I plan on doing that with one of the live Oak trees I bought from HEB.

• Like 4

I've gotta disagree with that one.  I hate capos.   Personal preference and all, but IMO they are generally only acceptable if you are playing something that requires an open-chord structure, like bluegrass-style transitions between the chords with alternating open notes in the bass.   Using them just to avoid having to play barre chords is a crutch that prevents improving. 

• Like 1

of course using capos to avoid a barre chord doesn't even make sense.  You use it to shift up the neck.  If you were using it to avoid barres you'd still be minus a whole bunch of what you need to not suck.

was just fooling around trying to figure this out - shifted it down from either 3 or 4.  It's always fun realizing how something that sounds a bit more interesting is still just a basic sequence with some fancy notes added or left out (in this case, Am | C | Dm C | F , but doing a bit of walking, leaving the bottom half of the second C off, and leaving the high e open on the F).