The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

How much should I pay for a hummingbird?
15 to 20% less than the sticker price plus no tax.

Go to sweetwater and find the one you like, the click the contact sales engineer or whatever and tell them your interested and if they can offer a deal. For best results do it at the end of the month. Then if you dot buy from them, at least you have a number to negotiate at a local shop for; even if you end up paying a little extra in a local shop for the advantages of playing it 1st and local service.

There is a MIJ Strat at a pizza place / bar a block away from my place in Montrose (H-Town) that is signed by everyone in Nirvana. Y'all wanna organize a heist, Ocean's 11 style? It's just sitting in a cheap glass case so I think our net expenses would just be a brick and some ski masks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Jack White is now playing EVH Wolfgang guitars.

I did not see that coming.

I read an interview with him about it and the gist was he was tired of fighting poorly made guitars.  Which was funny, because I really reading interviews with him 15 years ago saying having poorly constructed guitars made you work hard on getting something out of them.  Like it was the struggle that made the music.  

Countdown to "Jack White sold out!!!" rants.

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I read an interview with him about it and the gist was he was tired of fighting poorly made guitars.  Which was funny, because I really reading interviews with him 15 years ago saying having poorly constructed guitars made you work hard on getting something out of them.  Like it was the struggle that made the music.  

Countdown to "Jack White sold out!!!" rants.

That's exactly what he was saying in "It might get loud".  Very interesting.

$350 for G&L ASAT Deluxe carved top and this little Vox modeling amp. Buzzrock can vouch for quality of this guitar because I had both of them at my house at one time.

Prob a $450 guitar and $150 amp. Rarely played. Dude is selling his stuff, his house, buying an RV and touring the country.

PM if interested. This is a great deal.

$350 for G&L ASAT Deluxe carved top and this little Vox modeling amp. Buzzrock can vouch for quality of this guitar because I had both of them at my house at one time.

Prob a $450 guitar and $150 amp. Rarely played. Dude is selling his stuff, his house, buying an RV and touring the country.

Forgot the picaa6fae74a973e58b90e764292b3bb8ee.jpg

Yup. It’s a winner. Brickhorn has one too.

Caught this in the news but I didnt see the episode. I'm in your corner, Annie! We're going to make it famous.
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/jack-white-played-st-vincents-signature-ernie-ball-guitar-on-snl/
jack-white-on-saturday-night-live.png

That one isn’t as surprising due to its art-deco looks and Annie’s alt rock street cred. The EVH is just so unexpected. It’s just this side of a day glow Charvel on the “last guitars I’d ever expect Jack White to play” spectrum. The HHH layout is quirky though, so that fits.

Screw the haters. I like the way JW plays and I’d love to have either of those guitars.

Somebody learn me on that amp. I LOVE Vox tubes but I’ve heard mixed reviews on the modelers. I’m thinking buy it and either give it to my son or give him another guitar and my little Fender Mustang II modeler.

If the info is in the amp thread, please be so kind as to point the way.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

He's bucking for PRS to invent the Airline Res-o-glass guitar for him. 

..which will take PRS 2 years to do.  And in 40 years, kids will make a big deal about the PRS Airline because it wasn't a big deal today.  Time is a flat circle.

4 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Forgot the picaa6fae74a973e58b90e764292b3bb8ee.jpg

I had a Valvetronix amp like that. It's a really good practice amp, but I didn't need it after I got a Super Champ and I needed the space. It also has a knob in the back to turn down the wattage for playing at low volumes.

Guitar is sweet. Where he at?

2 hours ago, the idoit said:

Somebody learn me on that amp. I LOVE Vox tubes but I’ve heard mixed reviews on the modelers. I’m thinking buy it and either give it to my son or give him another guitar and my little Fender Mustang II modeler.

If the info is in the amp thread, please be so kind as to point the way.

That one looks like probably the 30watt, which is what I had. It is one of the earlier hybrid amps with a tube pre-amp. Cleanish sounds are really nice. Dirty sounds OK, but back then I would switch to my Roland Cube for crunchy stuff, back when that's what I had.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

wait, Bogey actually posted pics of his Martin that linked to full size images... I was about to give him shit about that again and try and get him to post large images because they were just showing up as thumbnails in tapa.  So, I'm posting them again.  Bogey, I stole your pictures, tell me to take them down and I'll consider it.

29407_EAB_9501_46_CD_A514_9_ADADF7_B77_B

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Celery Man said:

wait, Bogey actually posted pics of his Martin that linked to full size images... I was about to give him shit about that again and try and get him to post large images because they were just showing up as thumbnails in tapa.  So, I'm posting them again.  Bogey, I stole your pictures, tell me to take them down and I'll consider it.

I had a Valvetronix amp like that. It's a really good practice amp, but I didn't need it after I got a Super Champ and I needed the space. It also has a knob in the back to turn down the wattage for playing at low volumes.

Guitar is sweet. Where he at?
He is in Atlanta. Guitar has rarely been played. Also, I'm getting the info on exactly which amp that is.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

I have $30.00 to spend at Amazon. Looking for any trinkets, guitar straps or any other suggestions, I'd be much obliged.

Side note: I have about 20-30 sets of strings

Here's about $15 worth that could change your life. Rory fn' Gallagher, in one of the coolest concert videos I've ever seen.

%D0%A8%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B0_3D(1)_53.

And then I always strongly recommend these, the best earbuds you can buy without spending stupid money. $8.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER