The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Posted (edited)

The Gibson Custom Shop designed it to be Epiphones latest version of a 59. One piece neck and long neck tenon. The one upgrade that wouldn't be "correct"  is real mother-of-pearl inlays on the board. 

It feels, plays, and sounds better than the 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard I had. 

Edited by Deej

Posted (edited)

I don't think I'll be selling this one. She's the best LP I've owned. Plus, the color reminds me of Page's #1. Just looking for a dragon suit, now.

And only weighs 8 pounds 2 ounces.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Goredho said:

So what says the Surl on 12 strings?  Acoustic or electric?

I’m anti electric 12 string. I can’t hear much difference. Whereas I love an acoustic 12. Really fun to play live, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Deej said:

The Gibson Custom Shop designed it to be Epiphones latest version of a 59. One piece neck and long neck tenon. The one upgrade that wouldn't be "correct"  is real mother-of-pearl inlays on the board. 

It feels, plays, and sounds better than the 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard I had. 

Nice guitar..

Posted (edited)

I can only imagine what they want for that one. My regular Strummer Tele from last year is still the best playing and sounding Tele I've laid my hands on. The pickups are well-voiced, the guitar is lively, and the neck is fantastic. That one was $1700. 

(Shit...$20k)

Edited by Deej

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Where have these Gibson Custombuckers been all my life? Exactly the tone I want from a Les Paul. 

Do you have any experience with the SD Seth Lovers?  I’m curious how they compare. Haven’t had an opportunity to play around with the Custombuckers yet. 

The Custombuckers are a bit less output than the Burstbuckers. I have no experience with the Seth Lovers. These thing stay articulate when you crank them. Bridge pickup has a Tele thing going on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Deej said:

I can only imagine what they want for that one. My regular Strummer Tele from last year is still the best playing and sounding Tele I've laid my hands on. The pickups are well-voiced, the guitar is lively, and the neck is fantastic. That one was $1700. 

(Shit...$20k)

I saw a video of a sommelier the breaking down wine cost, storage, and economics for small restaurants.  One comment that has stayed with me is "You can't sell a $10k bottle of wine if you don't have one on the menu"

I love the Clash, but relicing isn't my thing.  I'm also slavishly compelled by the concept of marginal return.  

Edited by locodos
  • Like 1

We really should get Billy Duffy on this chatroom.

He always posts from various places around the world, always chiliin’ sometimes with famous people. Has to be one of the coolest rock stars on the planet
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

He always posts from various places around the world, always chiliin’ sometimes with famous people. Has to be one of the coolest rock stars on the planet

Yeah, I'm far from the world's biggest fan of The Cult, but I saw them at La Zona Rosa maybe 15 years ago, and they killed it.  Billy came out of the womb a rock star.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I wish Billy Duffy was my spirit animal.

• Like 2

Listening to the Beatles Sirius channel today.  Peter Asher was talking about the Beatles connection to Country music, and particularly to Chet.  He played Chet covering a couple of songs, and discussed George's Chet fandom, and the fact that he played a Country Gentleman on Ed Sullivan. 

In the week after the Ed Sullivan show, Gretsch got 20,000 orders for that model. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Home alone this afternoon.  Drinking a cold one.  Pulled the Gibson out to play for a bit.  Geez, she's a beauty, and holy shit do I suck. 

Welcome to the club. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Just ordered this to have an electric to doodle on. Anyone familiar with them? Reviews were pretty good.

image.thumb.png.88435dc244e92dfa2e83607c0dc8c2d6.png

The fretboard radius is likely flatter than 12” and the fretboard edges will likely need to be rolled to smooth out the edge. Other than that, it should be fine. 

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/share/3GhKTJCUqYEC2QrY/?mibextid=79PoIi
this is fucking cool. Is 81 a shit year? Would love a vintage black beauty. This has late 70s original pickups and I love how beat up it is. Is this a deal?

I had an 85 custom. Now have a 96 custom. Loved both.

$5k seems pricey to me though, but based on not much research. Maybe check Reverb.

Is 81 a Norlin year?

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I think what all this means is that bogey should buy that 81

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I think what all this means is that bogey should buy that 81

I want it but I also want a Martin D41. I do not have a high end acoustic but I also don’t have any vintage yet. What do I do??)$?!?!?