Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

True, we had to suffer for the Strong era to finally come to an end. I guess this drought is just more odd, it makes sense in transition years.Ā 

Ā 

The brother being at OU is something we always shouldā€™ve been worried about imo. Also, is he aĀ Giles guyĀ even thoughĀ he ainā€™t gonna be a pure DL here, and if he is, why?

Because the other option is having Orlando be the position recruiter and that might actually be worse.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Tim Beck is taking part in Dorbah's recruitment if I recall correctly, and while I wouldn't dismiss the OU brother out of hand, Prince hasn't even scheduled an OV to OU (the planned visits right now are USC, Texas and LSU)

Yeah, that post sounded like it came from the guy that was seen wearing UT gear the days leading up to Little's announcement.

From Suchomel on JQJ:Ā 

"11: 45 a.m. update -Ā I had texted Jackson this morning asking if it was accurate that he was pushing his decision back until later this month. He just responded ...

"Nahh"Ā 

So it looks like it MIGHT still go down today."

Sounds like he's just playing games with everyone on the day of his decision

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

From Suchomel on JQJ:Ā 

"11: 45 a.m. update -Ā I had texted Jackson this morning asking if it was accurate that he was pushing his decision back until later this month. He just responded ...

"Nahh"Ā 

So it looks like it MIGHT still go down today."

Sounds like he's just playing games with everyone on the day of his decision

That's cool.Ā  I can go back to liking his film now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fud said:

PJ Fleck, who had an affair who he eventually dumped his wife for, thinks society has a problem with commitmentĀ 

And correct me if I'm wrong but I doĀ not think Fleck is coaching at his original school, either. Coaches are the biggest whores when it comes to leaving for a bigger paycheck. Players should be able to change their mind if the situation changes if coaches do the very same thing.Ā 

38 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I remember when Mack used to recruit a full class by May and shut it down.Ā  Oh how we moaned and complained then.

We actually did NOT moan and complain then. At the time we thought we were masters of the universe and the 9.95 sunshine pumping idiots thought Mack was rewriting the rules of recruiting.Ā 

It just turned out he was lazy and was not rewriting anything. We just did not know it at the time.Ā 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Has Carrington tweeted out the shhh lately?

Are there any that have gone out that are unaccounted for? I doubt he would tweet one the day that a kid announced he's going to commit to the world. BC is good at not giving it away so blatantlyĀ 

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:
On 6/2/2019 at 2:18 PM, Neonmoon said:

watching JaQuinden Jackson highlights, heā€™s kind of great fit for Hermanā€™s offense .Ā 

That may be, but I'm skeptical, because we haven't heard nearly enough about his hand size. ļ»æ

For those who have bemoaned Jerrod Heard languishing at WR, this is a peek into what he would've looked like at QB coached by Herman.Ā  Their playing styles/high school offenses/physical traits are similar (although JQJ is a few inches taller and several pounds heavier).

Just now, Katfid54 said:

He's visiting ND this weekend, Texas OV on the 14th, and tOSU OV later this month.Ā  Don't think this is going to be a commitment.

I know we are not used to having a kid shut it down after a visit but what if....

1 minute ago, trythisathome said:

Top 5?Ā 

He's already taken two OVs and has the other three scheduled.Ā  That's, basically, a Top 5...Ā  On the other hand, he's already playing the Army AA Game, so he can't "commit" to an all-star game.Ā  And he seems unlikely to be making a decision.Ā  So, maybe?

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Would feel a lot better if he'd fully adopted central time Ā post-visit. And shouldn't it be EDT? And the fact that he's from AZ adds another layer of confusion. What fucking time is this big announcement at!?!?!

The fact that he's from AZ actually makes his use of EST (and not EDT) make sense.Ā  EST is the same as CDT.Ā  So he is using central time.

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Would feel a lot better if he'd fully adopted central time Ā post-visit. And shouldn't it be EDT? And the fact that he's from AZ adds another layer of confusion. What fucking time is this big announcement at!?!?!

EST = EasternĀ Standard Time.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

For those who have bemoaned Jerrod Heard languishing at WR, this is a peek into what he would've looked like at QB coached by Herman.Ā  Their playing styles/high school offenses/physical traits are similar (although JQJ is a few inches taller and several pounds heavier).

Except Jackson has a cannon and spins the ball, while Heard had a popgun arm and threw ducks, and Jackson can actually run inside because he'll probably play at least in the 230sĀ