Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

5 hours ago, George Clooney said:

27-F0-BD82-57-D4-45-F0-A594-B6-AACA0-C21

Otis Kirk is one of the mods on hogville. I have no idea if he’s one of their more credible insiders. Also, the post by RowNorseRow is hilarious.

A force to be reckoned with down in the cellar with the other losers

On 6/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, TommyGufano said:

Bama just put a rb in the first round with fewer career carries than Ehlinger has right now. You go there precisely because you aren't going to be overused. There's gonna be four other 5* RBs on campus who will split the workload. And you get to run behind an OL that makes your look good.

That Bama backs haven't looked great (I'd somewhat dispute that, but whatever) should only serve as a credit to what they are doing. Bama gets them paid in the draft despite this shortcomings as players.

their RB distribution is hilarious (from 247):

HNQx5rPI.png

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Whoa. I must have missed the Miami ones. Wonder if Georgia is behind that fog.

Thanks. 

Ohio State is currently trending and are arguably the favorite, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up picking Miami, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Missouri, or Illinois 

We should go all in on Achane instead of messing around with this one 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Ohio State is currently trending and are arguably the favorite, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up picking Miami, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Missouri, or Illinois 

We should go all in on Achane instead of messing around with this one 

I don't think Achane comes here even if we push.  From his quotes I read on an update here not too long ago.. he seemed locked in on the sec sell

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

I don't think Achane comes here even if we push.  From his quotes I read on an update here not too long ago.. he seemed locked in on the sec sell

I get the sense that his recruitment is just getting started, and it's too early to draw conclusions from whatever quote you saw 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Per Justin Wells, Jackson might be pushing back his commitment to late June

I mean what is a commitment really mean anymore? Even if they sign with you they might transfer to Texas and then back to USC before the season even starts.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Broughton doesn’t surprise me. If he loves Texas so much and Texas is recruiting him the hardest....he would have committed already. He still might, but not going to be the slam dunk like everyone thought.  

Hopefully JQJ is just waiting for someone to make a video. 

3 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Broughton doesn’t surprise me. If he loves Texas so much and Texas is recruiting him the hardest....he would have committed already. He still might, but not going to be the slam dunk like everyone thought.  

Hopefully JQJ is just waiting for someone to make a video. 

Video is already made.

Just now, Luka Skywalker said:

Why weren't the coaches in Austin with all the big names that came in this weekend?

Well, it was two big names. They probably just jetted up to the camp and back, and let BC/Chang and the student hosts handle things while they were away, which is pretty normal for a visit anyway.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Well, it was two big names. They probably just jetted up to the camp and back, and let BC/Chang and the student hosts handle things while they were away, which is pretty normal for a visit anyway.

Mehringer and naivar were both on campus. 

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Whats the longest amount of time we've gone without a commitment in the post-Mack era?

No idea.  But the 2017 class's dry spell from after we got the commitment from (I think) Major Tennison, until Herman took over and started landing some recruits was waaaay more painful than this.  You had the highs of the Notre Dame win and thinking we were going to land 3-5 five star players, followed by the miserable 5-7 campaign and loss to KU and TCU to end the year.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

No idea.  But the 2017 class's dry spell from after we got the commitment from (I think) Major Tennison, until Herman took over and started landing some recruits was waaaay more painful than this.  You had the highs of the Notre Dame win and thinking we were going to land 3-5 five star players, followed by the miserable 5-7 campaign and loss to KU and TCU to end the year.

Haha holy crap. Haven’t heard than name in forever. In case anyone’s curious, Major is killing it down in Tuscaloosa. Here’s Bama’s recap of his sophomore season:

“Reserve tight end for the Crimson Tide ... saw time in five games as a freshman and built on that experience to play in four games in 2018 (Arkansas State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Tennessee).”

• Like 1

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

I never post recruiting news cuz I'm a clueless dipshit. But I'll pass on the only tidbit I've heard. There's a feeling among some students at HP that Prince is going to OU to be with his brother. Granted, not a great source, but can't be much worse some of the 9.95ers. Perhaps someone who knows his situation better can expound or explain why this is totally erroneous. I'll shut the fuck up now.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Haha holy crap. Haven’t heard than name in forever. In case anyone’s curious, Major is killing it down in Tuscaloosa. Here’s Bama’s recap of his sophomore season:

“Reserve tight end for the Crimson Tide ... saw time in five games as a freshman and built on that experience to play in four games in 2018 (Arkansas State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Tennessee).”

He does look like the composite sketch for "University of Alabama student" though.

Major Tennison

7 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

I never post recruiting news cuz I'm a clueless dipshit. But I'll pass on the only tidbit I've heard. There's a feeling among some students at HP that Prince is going to OU to be with his brother. Granted, not a great source, but can't be much worse some of the 9.95ers. Perhaps someone who knows his situation better can expound or explain why this is totally erroneous. I'll shut the fuck up now.

Lol Giles

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I mean he was behind a 2nd round pick ( which we also should have gotten)

Edited by Hank_Hill

22 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

True, we had to suffer for the Strong era to finally come to an end. I guess this drought is just more odd, it makes sense in transition years. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol Giles

The brother being at OU is something we always should’ve been worried about imo. Also, is he a Giles guy even though he ain’t gonna be a pure DL here, and if he is, why?

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Weren't there rumors when he was a commit that he was addicted to meth or cocaine or something wild like that?