Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Lol poor aggy

EJHolland247 28663 posts 115 seconds agoVIP

— IMG Academy (Fla.) offensive lineman Chris Akporoghene will be on campus for a visit tomorrow. Texas offered him during the evaluation period.

— There is a report out there that Zach Evans will not be in this weekend. I just exchanged messages with his brother, who told me that is false. They are slated to be in Austin tomorrow.

Edited by cdain3

The more I look at how recruiting is shaping up, if guys like Evans and Demas commit, I think this will be the class that puts the program over the top and has it competing for titles again (following a great 2018 and a slightly less good but overall good 2019 signing class).

50 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anyone know what false media reports he's talking about?

Look within first. If there’s nothing from our $9.95ers, then check aggie $9.95ers, and then assume he has rabbit ears and is reading boards where, on the aggie boards, they’re probably speaking definitively about “Brew’s got’em in his sights” or some shit. I doubt the smoking gun could be anywhere but three places.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Look within first. If there’s nothing from our $9.95ers, then check aggie $9.95ers, and then assume he has rabbit ears and is reading boards where, on the aggie boards, they’re probably speaking definitively about “Brew’s got’em in his sights” or some shit. I doubt the smoking gun could be anywhere but three places.

Enough recuits show up on E.J.s periscope to let people know that these kids are on these sights listening to whats said. 

Its Why im thankful everyday, that we aint as crazy as aggy boards. 

On 6/6/2018 at 9:16 AM, DeathTongue said:

I can see one of the freshmen leaving, but do you really think that Buechele transfers as a senior?  Is he planning to graduate early?

Buechele would be gone no matter what in 2020 anyways, he has no affect on the 2020 QB calculus.

By: Eric Nahlin and Justin Wells

As the summer heats up, so too Texas Football recruiting for 2019 and 2020. After last weekend's Heat Wave, the Horns generated positive vibes with its pool party and put themselves in a great position with a number of its top targets. Latest on a hot and humid weekend and where the Horns stand with some of the nation's top prospects in the Scoop.

CHAD LINDBERG

Lindberg is undoubtedly celebrating Sweden's win over South Korea in the World Cup with a julebord of virgin Aquavits and lutefisk.

The state's top offensive line in what promises to be a very good 2020 class is UT's primary target. It's very early but Texas is in solid shape. It won't be a deciding factor, but it also doesn't hurt that his brother will begin classes at the school this upcoming fall.

This past weekend Lindberg made his second of what should be many visits to campus throughout his process.

Highlights from the visit:
"I had a good time because last time I came up here for the spring game I didn't get to see as much stuff as I would have liked to. Today I came here a little bit earlier and got to see all of the stuff that I missed. And then I had a good time talking to the current players at the pool."

On Hand:
"Yeah, definitely [could see himself playing for Hand], I mean I like him so far. It's too early to tell at the moment. I like every coach I talk to but I do feel a connection with him."

What stands out about Texas at this early point:
"The future. I definitely see a big upside with the relatively new coaching staff and all the players they've been getting."

Texas needs to undergird his optimism in the program's future with wins this season to help improve its case as his best destination.

MORE POST-HEAT WAVE NOTES/QUOTES

Saturday was exactly what the Texas staff needed; some summer momentum as we approach the dead period (June 25th). With over 30 prospects on campus this weekend, UT's 2nd annual Heat Wave pool party hosted some of the best in the nation. It also capped off a hot and humid Saturday with a pledge from a rising defender. Let's get to it.

Card and Cooper...

Texas' lone commit from the C/O 2020 and Lake Travis QB, Hudson Card, had one job last weekend; recruit fellow junior and St. Louis (MO) APB Mookie Cooper. Mission accomplished.

“It was really good and we had a lot of fun,” Card said, of his and Cooper's weekend on campus and at the Heat Wave pool party. "Yeah, I hung out with him for quite some time," said Card. "I think really high of (Cooper), we got along real well and his tape is crazy.”

As for Cooper, he arrived on Friday and couldn’t get enough of the atmosphere, the vibe, and the City of Austin. He said UT moved up a few notches on his personal favorites list and hopes to return for a game this fall.

Texas' Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington has made Cooper a priority. It's still early here, but UT is building a great relationship with the 4-star speedster, whose teammate Marcus Washington is a top WR target for the Horns in 2019.

As for Card's recruiting skills, it's starting to sink in his leadership will be an asset to the program for 2020 and beyond.

Rivals 2020 top 10

1. QB D.J. Uiagalelei (California)
2. LB Justin Flowe (California)
3. DE Bryan Bresee (Maryland)
4. LB Sav’ell Smalls (Washington)
5. OT Myles Hinton (Georgia)
6. RB Zach Evans (Texas)
7. DT McKinnley Jackson (Mississippi)
8. LB Mekhail Sherman (DC)
9. ATH Arik Gilbert (Georgia)
10. WR Leonard Manuel (Florida)

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Rivals 2020 top 10

1. QB D.J. Uiagalelei (California)
2. LB Justin Flowe (California)
3. DE Bryan Bresee (Maryland)
4. LB Sav’ell Smalls (Washington)
5. OT Myles Hinton (Georgia)
6. RB Zach Evans (Texas)
7. DT McKinnley Jackson (Mississippi)
8. LB Mekhail Sherman (DC)
9. ATH Arik Gilbert (Georgia)
10. WR Leonard Manuel (Florida)

Definitely want Justin Flowe.

TFB Open Post: http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/06/open-post-monday-june-18th/

– Texas has offered a handful over prospects over the last week or so.

Spring Woods (TX) ’20 DE Vernon Broughton

Lakeland (FL) ’20 RB Demarkcus Bowman

Madison Prep (LA) ’20 ATH Joel Williams

Covington Catholic (KY) ’20 TE Michael Mayer

We will have some more info on these guys as we get in contact with them. Don’t expect too much movement from any of the new offers as they are 2020 recruits and their recruiting process is just starting to heat up. – (Andrew)

– It’s impossible to schedule a summer recruiting event and have it on the weekend where nothing is going on with recruits. The same can be said about Texas’ recruiting event this past weekend. The Pylon 7on7 championships in Atlanta took place over the weekend. It kept some recruits away from Austin that would have likely made it in otherwise.

– 2020 RB Zachary Evans: One of the top running backs in the ’20 class, was not able to make it to the event due to travel issue as we had been reporting all week. Evans has been to campus many times and we expect him to make several more trips to Austin prior to his commitment down the line. It would have been a boost to get him on campus with a bunch of the other 2020 kids. – (Andrew)

– Out of the guys we had on the visitor list, Duncanville (TX) ’20 ATH Ja’Quinden Jackson was the main one who didn’t make it in for the event.

– ’20 QB commit Hudson Card was making the rounds with some 2020 targets for Texas. Building relationships and doing some recruiting. Two guys I was told he was around a lot were ATH Mookie Cooper and WR Demond Demas. Two elite play-makers on the offensive side of the ball in 2020. I will have more on those two later this week.

– Texas looks like the clear leader for ’20 OT Jaylen Garth. He added a Texas offer recently, and two other huge ones from Alabama and Ohio State. Though I was told Texas QB commit, and his high school teammate, Roschon Johnson is helping the Longhorns out a lot in this one. And he showed Garth why he thinks Texas should be his home this weekend.