Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

It honestly makes me sad to read your recruiting takes on LT players. I know you're a nice enough guy, and that adds to my sympathy. I have this image in my head of you being told whatever fantasies people conjure or want others to hear and there you are, taking it all in, hook, line, and sinker. Meanwhile, others are watching or standing nearby and laughing hysterically. You're the most gullible poster I've ever encountered on these boards, and that's saying something. 

Have you ever heard of the concept of "kennel blindness"? Look it up. You have it.

Dude, I didnt even give a "recruiting take" on an LT player in the post you quoted. I simply stated facts. 

Me? gullible? Hahahahaha! ok dude, put the meth down and get back to work. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:
4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It honestly makes me sad to read your recruiting takes on LT players. I know you're a nice enough guy, and that adds to my sympathy. I have this image in my head of you being told whatever fantasies people conjure or want others to hear and there you are, taking it all in, hook, line, and sinker. Meanwhile, others are watching or standing nearby and laughing hysterically. You're the most gullible poster I've ever encountered on these boards, and that's saying something. 

Have you ever heard of the concept of "kennel blindness"? Look it up. You have it.

Dude, I didnt even give a "recruiting take" on an LT player in the post you quoted. I simply stated facts. 

Recruiting board be like
giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Texas was getting Wilson, right up until they weren't. "EVEN HIS PARENTS WERE SURPRISED - YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!! " Right. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas was getting Wilson, right up until they weren't. "EVEN HIS PARENTS WERE SURPRISED - YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!! " Right. 

OMGERD I was wrong about the college choice of a high school kid!!!! GTFOH

Edited by Longhorn94

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Are we collectively letting the Bryce Young ship sail? 

I think that one is trending against us, at least for now. Hornsby doesn't seem to be in any hurry to decide, though, so if Herman and Beck can turn it around on that front it could get interesting.

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

That would be an amazing class. By the time they would get to campus, it would be Sam, Rising, Thompson, Johnson, Card, Hornsby?

that would be an amazing QB room.

Long way off, but in their first year, Ehlinger would be a senior, Rising and Thompson would be third year guys, and Roschon a sophomore. Chances are at least one transfers, probably either Thompson or Rising, although that might not be until the spring after Ehlinger graduates and Thompson, Rising, and Roschon are vying for the starting spot. If Roschon wins the job, then both probably transfer. Long way off, of course.. 

6 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I think you and I both know that I was citing an example, not the example. You've been gloriously and perpetually wrong about recruiting and recruits involving Lake Travis. I think it dates all the way back to Hornfans. 

I'm suddenly recalling a trip to Houston for the last UT/UH game at their crappy Robertson stadium with rickety stands that was later demolished.  And that served beer which will become evident in a moment *.

* Long story short, 2 drunk Longhorn fans were punching each other in the stands over a Simms/Applewhite argument.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think that one is trending against us, at least for now. Hornsby doesn't seem to be in any hurry to decide, though, so if Herman and Beck can turn it around on that front it could get interesting.

I could be wrong, but the Hornsby offer and recent Card momentum reads like the staff might be giving up on Young, their plan-a, and focusing on presumably their plan-b; Card and Hornsby.  

12 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

You were mocking people who doubted Wilson would even think of going elsewhere. 

You deserve all the mocking regarding Wilson for eternity. You made your bed. 

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think you and I both know that I was citing an example, not the example. You've been gloriously and perpetually wrong about recruiting and recruits involving Lake Travis. I think it dates all the way back to Hornfans. 

Dude, grow up and move on. This is stupid. I was "wrong" about Garrett Gilbert along with most of the rest of the world. Again,  WTF? I have not been wrong about any other LT recruits. I dont think I have recommended any others except for Cade Brewer (Texas), Brendan Jaimes  (Nebraska), and Austin Hiller (Northwestern). I didnt even recommend Charlie "Fuckin Freshman Offensive Player of the Year" Brewer for Texas. Nor did I recommend Shaun Nixon a few years ago. Yes, I am a LT homer as a HS team but not as to players. And certainly not for those players going to Texas. I am a Longhorn first and foremost and will always choose my alma mater over my kids' school.

As for your example, it was nothing more than an attempt to dogpile. My info on Wilson was as direct and real as it gets. I told you who and where it came from. In Wilson's case, it was from three different sides. I am fucking apologetic it turned out to be wrong. If my information isnt appreciated, I will just keep it to myself. 

Edited by Longhorn94

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Long way off, but in their first year, Ehlinger would be a senior, Rising and Thompson would be third year guys, and Roschon a sophomore. Chances are at least one transfers, probably either Thompson or Rising, although that might not be until the spring after Ehlinger graduates and Thompson, Rising, and Roschon are vying for the starting spot. If Roschon wins the job, then both probably transfer. Long way off, of course.. 

Yeah, and my money is on Roschon long term. So the '20 QB probably doesnt matter. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I could be wrong, but the Hornsby offer and recent Card momentum reads like the staff might be giving up on Young, their plan-a, and focusing on presumably their plan-b; Card and Hornsby.  

I don't see it as completely giving up, but rather hedging their bets. If Hornsby were the type of guy to commit on the spot or relatively soon, then maybe the writing's on the wall.

I, too, could be wrong.

2 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This man gets it. By the way, who's gonna drive over to LT and tell us if Hudson's wearing a burnt orange shirt today?

All I know is this guy being the Shhh from yesterday and the big news for the day is pretty fucking meh for me. This is the 2020 bellcow? That's a wet fart. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

All I know is this guy being the Shhh from yesterday and the big news for the day is pretty fucking meh for me. This is the 2020 bellcow? That's a wet fart. 

Higher ranked than that total JAG RoJo from this year though /BartonSimmons

3 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Dude, grow up and move on. This is stupid. I was "wrong" about Garrett Gilbert along with most of the rest of the world. Again,  WTF? I have not been wrong about any other LT recruits. I dont think I have recommended any others except for Cade Brewer (Texas), Brendan Jaimes  (Nebraska), and Austin Hiller (Northwestern). I didnt even recommend Charlie "Fuckin Freshman Offensive Player of the Year" Brewer for Texas. Nor did I recommend Shaun Nixon a few years ago. Yes, I am a LT homer as a HS team but not as to players. And certainly not for those players going to Texas. I am a Longhorn first and foremost and will always choose my alma mater over my kids' school.

As for your example, it was nothing more than an attempt to dogpile. My info on Wilson was as direct and real as it gets. I told you who and where it came from. In Wilson's case, it was from three different sides. I am fucking apologetic it turned out to be wrong. If my information isnt appreciated, I will just keep it to myself. 

Who cares if one or two posters are dicks to you. It isn't like a bar room brawl. Bend his ass over and make him cry.

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

So I guess we've learned from that weirdo I posted in the aggy thread that Brewster loves Hornsby's game. Hopefully he's ready to come to ATX and compete with athleteback Card.

Pfft....Bryce Young has something to say about all that noise.