Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

This was done so sloppily that the Twitter keyboard warriors pretty much figured it out with plenty of receipts within 3 days.

It’s been alluded to on message boards for months. Ohio State, Tennessee, Georgia and Oregon fans have all been posting about this for a while. Curious who or what tipped off Thamel that it was legit and not just speculation 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Would be fascinating to hear the conversations inside other programs right now about shutting down whatever sign-stealing operations they have. A few Conor-Stalion-alikes for other programs being fitted for concrete shoes.

Every time I see a coach come out saying it's no big deal, I imagine this is what's going on behind the scenes.

14 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

This was done so sloppily that the Twitter keyboard warriors pretty much figured it out with plenty of receipts within 3 days.

Having flashbacks of Shia Labeouf being tracked down in a day from just a livestream of the sky.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s been alluded to on message boards for months. Ohio State, Tennessee, Georgia and Oregon fans have all been posting about this for a while. Curious who or what tipped off Thamel that it was legit and not just speculation 

Are the big cigars at Michigan tired of Harbaugh's shit for some reason? I can't see that they would be because beat tOSU and all, but? Maybe he screwed the wrong guy's wife?

Here come the death threats 

It’s weird because Stapleton has been mentioned for a few days and mgoblog keeps scrubbing any mention of him.

Now that the patron Saint John I bacon has reported it will be interesting to see if they keep scrubbing mentions of him.

Apparently MGo is deleting doxxing threads left and right

Yeah it’s weird. They apparently have no connection to Stapleton but because the original mention of him came from a “banned source” (yes those are a thing on mgoblog and there are like a dozen of them) Yoder they kept scrubbing

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

It’s weird because Stapleton has been mentioned for a few days and mgoblog keeps scrubbing any mention of him.

Now that the patron Saint John I bacon has reported it will be interesting to see if they keep scrubbing mentions of him.

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah it’s weird. They apparently have no connection to Stapleton but because the original mention of him came from a “banned source” (yes those are a thing on mgoblog and there are like a dozen of them) Yoder they kept scrubbing

Are they known to scrub doxxing posts?

I know some forums are worried about liability for stuff like that.

12 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

There’s no way Harbaugh didn’t know. 0% chance. 

There’s photos of other Michigan staff (in addition to CS) holding the cheat sheets on the sidelines. The whole team was likely in on it- the video from the Ohio State game is pretty telling- half the sideline is signaling pass after the sideline audible at the line.

No doubt in my mind more evidence will trickle out in the next few days. Could get ugly- who knows though. 

Yeah.  I've changed my mindset from when this originally broke.  This was an integral part of their scouting.  The players obviously prepare with it, so it's clearly known by everyone.

12 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Funny enough I could most of the analytics and code breaking if we want to do proof of concept…. Would be worthwhile to look at maybe OU/KU for a filming options to do proof of concept on 

A high school team could do this with tools they already have.  Modern scouting already works this way.  A HS assistant coach watches hudl and plugs the plays and whatever information is being tracked into a database.  The computer does all the checking for correlations and outputs whatever and however you want it.  All you would do extra is input the various signs.

Responding to other posts as I catch up:

1) You couldn't do the same thing with public information.  By rule, all-22 can't show the visitor sideline and home teams hide their own.  You could make an effort to gather as much as possible from broadcasts, but you'd end up with more uncertainty and holes than useful information.

2) A team can't simply "change signals" to combat this.  Teams might have different sets of signals, but if your sideline is being recorded every play across several games, the opponent is going to have all of them.   And you can't like go in at halftime and completely change with no prep or practice.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Are they known to scrub doxxing posts?

I know some forums are worried about liability for stuff like that.

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is it really Doxxing is Stapleton is a public figure?

Yeah this is what I would think? He is a public figure and on the NCAA. its not like he is a poster there. Obviously its a unique situation but at this point it seems like a valid point of discussion so continued scrubbing seems like it has some other motivation. 

Nothing to see here guys. Apparently this was all a big conspiracy set in motion by ohio state. This from one of the owners of MgoBlog. 

https://mgoblog.com/comment/245020449#comment-245020449

The anger I feel right now that Ohio State was allowed to run both the investigation and the reporting into Michigan is fierce, and I know this is true for a lot of our readers. That much anger can become dangerous. If a reader in that state of mind decides to go harass Stapleton, or worse, and then it turns out it was because he read something about Stapleton on my message board, I would not feel comfortable with that.

Sam Webb exposed OSU as the B10 school that gathered the information, informed other B10 schools, and tracked Michigan's sign-stealing over the course of the season. Thamel is Ryan Day's man, and broke the story. Also Bill Greene, the former 11W writer who got broomed for paying and OSU walk-on for insider information, was the first to be saying anything public about this stuff, and other OSU insiders were the ones who knew there was a story about to break. The NCAA has not conducted an investigation yet, so everything out there is what was handed to them by Ohio State's investigation. The reporting on this subsequently has been mostly broken by, shaped by, and added to by Pete Thamel. The weird interpretations of NCAA rules are being copied from him. Nobody else has anything to add because the only source of information right now is what Ohio State investigated.

You guys may think, I am delusional but this is next level. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/25/michigan-connor-stalions-texts-stolen-signals

while nothing related to michigan here is illegal, being a michigan man and describing your writing as a manifesto is certainly a choice

Holy shit. I know I joked about him being a crazy super fan earlier but it looks like Stalions was a legit crazy person. I guess it is a good think he was developing a "good" manifesto instead of some detrimental type shit. But yikes. 

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Nothing to see here guys. Apparently this was all a big conspiracy set in motion by ohio state. This from one of the owners of MgoBlog. 

I appreciate that bothering to actually read the NCAA rules is considered a "weird interpretation"

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I guess it is a good think he was developing a "good" manifesto instead of some detrimental type shit. 

Let's not jump to conclusions yet...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Holy shit. I know I joked about him being a crazy super fan earlier but it looks like Stalions was a legit crazy person. I guess it is a good think he was developing a "good" manifesto instead of some detrimental type shit. But yikes. 

Came here to drop this...dude had a 550+ page manifesto for Michigan Football...ho-ley shit

Guess you are right though, at least its a Michigan Football Manifesto and not a "Hey wouldn't things be swell if we just killed all of the __________" manifesto...

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Came here to drop this...dude had a 550+ page manifesto for Michigan Football...ho-ley shit

Guess you are right though, at least its a Michigan Football Manifesto and not a "Hey wouldn't things be swell if we just killed all of the __________" manifesto...

Going to be 100% honest here and say it sounds like this dude was groomed by Harbough in a cult like manner.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Sam Webb is a known shill and idiot.  Believing anything posted by that clown is crazy.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's better than getting shit canned, he's on paid leave. lol

Michigan has to be careful. If they fire him and piss him off, he might really start talking. 

You can argue how big of a deal this sign stealing is, but when Michigan is acting like Jackie Sherrill TAMU, it’s a really bad and disappointing look. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan