Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

If the price is that high for guys like Ramsey and Adams, bad teams should be trading their best players every year. 

Jax turned the #4 pick into two ones and a four, 3 years later?

or is this more the jets knowing Jerry has paid 2 ones for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams in the past and thought they could fleece him?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Fuck the Jets.

More like fuck the Rams. The rams have really fucked us in a lot of ways besides beating us in the playoffs last year. Gurley’s contract in relation to Zeke, Goff’s contract in relation to Dak, and fucking up the entire defensive back market by trading 2 first round picks. 

He’s worth more than a first, for sure. He’s in his 3rd or 4th year (I forget) and he still has a 5th year option. So we wouldn’t have had to turn around and trade him right away. I am curious to see what we offered though. Because a first was never going to get it done.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the price is that high for guys like Ramsey and Adams, bad teams should be trading their best players every year. 

Jax turned the #4 pick into two ones and a four, 3 years later?

or is this more the jets knowing Jerry has paid 2 ones for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams in the past and thought they could fleece him?

The nfl is so far behind the nba and the nfl when it comes to thinking outside of the box. The fact that it’s taken this long for teams to really approach the trade deadline as buyers and sellers is pretty laughable. 

• Like 1

That deal wasn't gong to happen for a safety. Not with the Cowboys.
This front office thinks they can win with Heath as starting safety. That's how much they value that position.

They were never serious about this. They probably offered NY and 4th Rd pick. That way they can try and sell to the fans that they tried.

They have had years and years to upgrade that position but they don't care to.

The nfl is so far behind the nba and the nfl when it comes to thinking outside of the box. The fact that it’s taken this long for teams to really approach the trade deadline as buyers and sellers is pretty laughable. 

This. It was considered a major innovation when the Texans sent Osweiler to the Browns a few years back in a salary dump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

More like fuck the Rams. The rams have really fucked us in a lot of ways besides beating us in the playoffs last year. Gurley’s contract in relation to Zeke, Goff’s contract in relation to Dak, and fucking up the entire defensive back market by trading 2 first round picks. 

He’s worth more than a first, for sure. He’s in his 3rd or 4th year (I forget) and he still has a 5th year option. So we wouldn’t have had to turn around and trade him right away. I am curious to see what we offered though. Because a first was never going to get it done.  

*pay

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The nfl is so far behind the nba and the NFL when it comes to thinking outside of the box. The fact that it’s taken this long for teams to really approach the trade deadline as buyers and sellers is pretty laughable. 

*MLB

JFC I’m losing it today 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This front office thinks they can win with Heath as starting safety. That's how much they value that position.

They were never serious about this. They probably offered NY and 4th Rd pick. That way they can try and sell to the fans that they tried.

1st and 4/5th apparently.  

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I disagree with this. I think they may have had faith before, but now that we’re sitting at 4-3 and Jeff heath is partially responsible for one of the worst losses in cowboys history (giving up the 92 yarder to Anderson), I think they were trying to help Garrett out however they could. They know this team isn’t a nfc championship caliber team, but there was no way we could give up 2 firsts, or a first and end 2 seconds. That’s just too much, especially for a team that’s going to need to keep building through the draft after we pay everyone.

where we really fucked up was not going harder after Fitzpatrick. He could’ve been had for a 1st and a 4th probably. We’d have him under team control for longer than we would’ve had Adams, and he could’ve played FS or slot corner in the future. At THAT time, I think they thought we could get by with heath.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

He got another sack last night.

So maybe the player/pick wasn't bad...maybe the coaching?

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, C-Man said:

Probably wrote it clunky but meant Hill since he was the first player the Cowboys took last year. First two picks -- 2nd and 3rd -- from last year aren't working out very well.

McGovern is hurt. All signs point to him being a pretty good OL though.  People are ready to write the book on Hill when he was always going to be a project this year.  He's supposed to be a factor next year, either replacing Collins or playing with him.

22 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Knew this was too good to be true. We really only trade for washed up folks. 

Amari was washed up?  This is what I hate about this fan base at times.  People only look at NOW, and not what's been going on.

Like on social media yesterday, idiots were saying how the Cowboys don't ever do anything to improve during the year, they'll never add anyone of importance or to help at all...absolutely ignoring what they did last Friday, and last fucking year with Amari.  Just crazy.

Sucks they didn't get the Adams deal done. but a first and 2 seconds is way too much for a Safety.  And I'm not downgrading the position, but it's not NEARLY the disaster people seem to think.  They're not losing games because of the safety spot. They're also not winning because of them either, and that's why they should improve that position.

Unless you’re taking them in the first round, you have to give lineman (both offensive and defensive) at least 2 years. What’s frustrating is outside of Jonathan abrams, we had our pick of the litter for safeties in last years draft. Rapp or Thornhill were the obvious picks, but we tried to get cute and reached a little bit because we didn’t think we could get a quality DT in the 3rd. The jury is still out on hill, but we still fucked up that pick.

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Just fucking waive that garbage can Trysten Hill right now. Send a fucking message to the rest of these bums.

So another wasted draft pick? Seems to be a trend here. Hill was a fucking god awful pick and it's not his doing. He had no business being picked there but hey, Marinelli wants his guys! And then has no idea how to develop or coach them at all. Taco goes to Miami and now playing fine. And they are one of the worst teams in recent history. What does that say about this staff? There was some really good safeties to be had at the pick where Hill was taken. 

• Like 1

Drafting is always a roll of the dice, and we do it better than 90% of the teams in the nfl. With that being said, we blew this 2019 draft. It happens to every team. Dust off, learn from your mistakes, and move on. But you can’t just cut Hill....yet.

Although I will say, when you don’t pick until pick 58, it kinda puts you in a bind. Because we definitely needed a DT. We still need a DT. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

You can definitely just cut Hill. Fuck him. I'm sure Garrett thinks he's being a hard ass disciplinarian by sending them home for the day, but a better move would have been to call in the Star janitorial staff, have Hill put on one of those uniforms, and spend the rest of the day scrubbing toilets. Because that's exactly what his future has in store for him if he can't even show up to fucking work on time.

You cut Hill if he’s an actual cancer and causing problems in the locker room. He doesn’t seem like that. He just seems immature and seems like he isn’t ready to play yet. Different type of situation than Taco. Cutting a 2nd round pick before the end of year one would be pretty stupid IMO. Even if deep down you don’t think he’s going to pan out, you almost have to give him at least one more year. 

Yeah it's a bit of a jump of the gun.  Woods was also there with him, and he's been pretty good for them.  As said above, Hill seems immature but is talented.  Ya'll are way overreacting on him, as you did on Jaylon Smith, and Byron Jones before him.  Maybe we were wrong on Taco too seeing what he's doing now.

52 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yeah it's a bit of a jump of the gun.  Woods was also there with him, and he's been pretty good for them.  As said above, Hill seems immature but is talented.  Ya'll are way overreacting on him, as you did on Jaylon Smith, and Byron Jones before him.  Maybe we were wrong on Taco too seeing what he's doing now.

Woods has 0 sacks and 4 tackles, and don’t recall him doing much of the non stat DT things when I watch. 

He's a true 1 Tech, a space eater, block filling guy. That's why you don't pay for those guys in general...they don't have the stats that you guys would want, and why the cowboys basically never spend any resources on it.

You did see him recover a nice fumble in the last game though...

I didn’t mind the Jaylon pick, in fact kind of liked it. Jones was a combine warrior that’s been better than I expected. The Hill pick appears to be an abortion.