Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

Eagles may have been rejuvenated and galvanized by the Scandrick thing. Cowboys better take care of business because the Eagles' last 5 games are 2x Giants, Washington, Miami, and Cowboys. If they're within a game or two going into that stretch where they can realistically pull off 5-0 they can steal the division. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, Trey3216 said:

Church’s spicy is pretty solid. 

Had some yesterday. Their management is typically terribad, but the spicy chicken and fried okra is groovy.

A lot like the Cowboys. Quality ingredients but shitty management.

Edited by DougO

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Eagles may have been rejuvenated and galvanized by the Scandrick thing. Cowboys better take care of business because the Eagles' last 5 games are 2x Giants, Washington, Miami, and Cowboys. If they're within a game or two going into that stretch where they can realistically pull off 5-0 they can steal the division. 

Yup. They also get Seattle at home. The bills are kinda frauds though but it doesn’t matter. That jets loss is looking worse and worse by the day. We should not be tied with this team in the win column  

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yup. They also get Seattle at home. The bills are kinda frauds though but it doesn’t matter. That jets loss is looking worse and worse by the day. We should not be tied with this team in the win column  

Pats at home too.  Also the Bears next week who look like frauds.  We didn't take care of business with the Jets and the Saints without Brees.  They could easily go 11-5.  They could also easily go 8-8 but I don't think they go any worse than 8 losses unless major injury.

23 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Oh, without question. Even though it makes no fucking sense, I’ve already chalked up at Chicago or at Detroit as a loss. 

stafford is quietly having a great year.  the lions have been straight hosed on a couple games and they are better than their record. 

On 10/25/2019 at 2:18 PM, Drew said:

I didn’t realize that the Pats basically went from a 4 -3to a 3-4 over of the offseason. No wonder Bennet wasn’t getting as much playing time and didn’t fit well. Probably lead to his griping.

I don’t know how anyone sees this as a win for the Pats(other than the idiot “pats can’t do nothing wrong” folks). They traded a 5th rounder for him 6 months ago, and now traded him for a 7th, maybe a 6th if it works out. That’s a loss.

Belichick has always been able to scheme 3-4 to 4-3, even during the season, depending on matchup. He has that team completely trained to do whatever he wants to game plan for. It's why he keeps going to Superbowls.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Pats at home too.  Also the Bears next week who look like frauds.  We didn't take care of business with the Jets and the Saints without Brees.  They could easily go 11-5.  They could also easily go 8-8 but I don't think they go any worse than 8 losses unless major injury.

No one beat the Saints without Brees, though. That loss was not that bad. The Jets loss might be the worst loss this decade by Dallas. Jets are historically bad. And not only did we lose, we got dominated and made Darnold look like Tom Brady. And he clowned our defensive scheme on record. Then next week he's "Seeing ghosts". You can excuse the Saints and Packers losses (although the effort in the Packers game was pathetic). That Jets game will probably come back to bite us. Had we won that, we still have wiggle room over the Eagles right now.

The Bills were always frauds, though. Josh Allen is not that good and they don't have an offense to sustain and consistent success. 

Bears and Trubisky have no offense either and their defense is not even as good as it was last year. Eagles should win that, too.

But...Wentz and that offense is not consistent. Like us, they will drop games they should not. They lost to the shit ass Falcons this year. For their only win of the year. I expect them to drop another game like that this season.

We need to steal a game we should not win. Like the Pats. To make up for the brutal Jets loss. Rams are also not as potent as we thought before the season started, either.

And we need to nut up and go beat Philly on the road later this year. That will help a shit ton. That would essentially give us 2 extra games since we would then hold the tiebreaker.

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

No one beat the Saints without Brees, though. That loss was not that bad. The Jets loss might be the worst loss this decade by Dallas. Jets are historically bad. And not only did we lose, we got dominated and made Darnold look like Tom Brady. And he clowned our defensive scheme on record. Then next week he's "Seeing ghosts". You can excuse the Saints and Packers losses (although the effort in the Packers game was pathetic). That Jets game will probably come back to bite us. Had we won that, we still have wiggle room over the Eagles right now.

The Bills were always frauds, though. Josh Allen is not that good and they don't have an offense to sustain and consistent success. 

Bears and Trubisky have no offense either and their defense is not even as good as it was last year. Eagles should win that, too.

But...Wentz and that offense is not consistent. Like us, they will drop games they should not. They lost to the shit ass Falcons this year. For their only win of the year. I expect them to drop another game like that this season.

We need to steal a game we should not win. Like the Pats. To make up for the brutal Jets loss. Rams are also not as potent as we thought before the season started, either.

And we need to nut up and go beat Philly on the road later this year. That will help a shit ton. That would essentially give us 2 extra games since we would then hold the tiebreaker.

Go back and rewatch that game. I get what you’re saying, and it’s easy to say that in hindsight, but that was a pretty horrific loss. After 3 games of motion and misdirection, it was almost like Garrett went to Kellen Moore and said “alright, all that shit is cute but we aren’t going to be able to do that on the road in the superdome. Don’t even try it.” Then there was the bad drops, the missed Dak to Cobb wide open td connection in the red zone, missed field goal(s?). I don’t care how you slice it. I know the saints have a good d, but when your defense gives up 12 points, you absolutely have to win that game. Even against the patriots. That’s a bad loss. Especially when you consider the fact that we were never going to beat GB. I’m not sure if we looked ahead to GB, or if we thought we could sleepwalk into that game and beat teddy two gloves (because he looked like shit the week before against the rams when he had to come in). Either way, bad loss. A lot worse than GB in my opinion.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

stafford is quietly having a great year.  the lions have been straight hosed on a couple games and they are better than their record. 

Stafford has always been really good. His lack of success in the playoffs and against winning teams is a byproduct of being drafted by arguably the worst organization in nfl history. That’s what sucks for a lot of qbs that have/had potential. Shit, if he gets drafted by Andy Reid he might be a hall of famer 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Go back and rewatch that game. I get what you’re saying, and it’s easy to say that in hindsight, but that was a pretty horrific loss. After 3 games of motion and misdirection, it was almost like Garrett went to Kellen Moore and said “alright, all that shit is cute but we aren’t going to be able to do that on the road in the superdome. Don’t even try it.” Then there was the bad drops, the missed Dak to Cobb wide open td connection in the red zone, missed field goal(s?). I don’t care how you slice it. I know the saints have a good d, but when your defense gives up 12 points, you absolutely have to win that game. Even against the patriots. That’s a bad loss. Especially when you consider the fact that we were never going to beat GB. I’m not sure if we looked ahead to GB, or if we thought we could sleepwalk into that game and beat teddy two gloves (because he looked like shit the week before against the rams when he had to come in). Either way, bad loss. A lot worse than GB in my opinion.

I get the playcalling and gameplan was terrible but I was really replying to the statement of "we lost to the Saints backup QB" remark. That game was on our offense. Had really nothing to do with Teddy B. We held them to 12pts. That should be good enough to get a win. But in the big picture, losing to the one loss Saints team was not a terrible thing. But yes, the offensive approach was god awful. 

25 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

He plays 6 games a year against the AFC East which has taken the last 20 years off from football. 

I heard some ridiculous stat that said only like 3 teams have failed to win a wildcard game since the turn of the millennium. The pats were one of them. They always get a bye. I swear man. Brady is the goat, I get it, but he has a completely different career if he played in the nfc. Just ask Rodgers and Brees.

im sure I’m a little off on that stat, but it’s something along those lines. They haven’t played in a wildcard game in forever. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

44 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I heard some ridiculous stat that said only like 3 teams have failed to win a wildcard game since the turn of the millennium. The pats were one of them. They always get a bye. I swear man. Brady is the goat, I get it, but he has a completely different career if he played in the nfc. Just ask Rodgers and Brees.

im sure I’m a little off on that stat, but it’s something along those lines. They haven’t played in a wildcard game in forever. 

Last season was the first time the Belichick Patriots won a road conference championship game during his tenure. In a 16 game season, going 6-0 or 5-1 against your division every year is a boon, And it's the difference between home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and playing on the road for at least one or two games in those playoffs. The couple of times Rex Ryan's Jets stepped up were the only bit of friction in their division the Patriots have had over the last 20 years.   

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Last season was the first time the Belicek Patriots won a road conference championship game.. In a 16 game season going 6-0 or 5-1 against your division every year is the difference between home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and playing on the road for one or two games in those playoffs. The couple of times Rex Ryan's Jets stepped up were the only bit of friction in their division the Patriots have had over the last 20 years.   

I think mark sanchez tied the all-time record for road playoff wins by a starting quarterback in NFL history in his second year out of college.

the record has since been surpassed. 

I still see people downplaying safety like the position doesn't matter much. Maybe they have been brainwashed and conditioned for long watching our shit ass safeties for so long they don't realize that position actually matters. And so does DT. We don't value either position and wonder why we get torched time and time again in the playoffs against good offenses. We can skate by against Seattle last year and Lions from years ago but that's about it for this defense. Upgrade both safety and DT and watch how much of a difference it makes.

Seeing as how the Cowboys have flubbed two of their last three first picks in a draft, I don't see a problem trading next year's 1st in a package for Adams. Let's throw in Tristan Hill. Adams is from Carrollton and reportedly would love to come home and play for Dallas.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I still see people downplaying safety like the position doesn't matter much. Maybe they have been brainwashed and conditioned for long watching our shit ass safeties for so long they don't realize that position actually matters. And so does DT. We don't value either position and wonder why we get torched time and time again in the playoffs against good offenses. We can skate by against Seattle last year and Lions from years ago but that's about it for this defense. Upgrade both safety and DT and watch how much of a difference it makes.

I never understood this,. You could have Rod Marinelli, Kris Richard and Bill Belichick standing in front of me right now arguing why they are right and I'm wrong and I'd just laugh at their stupid faces. 

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I never understood this,. You could have Rod Marinelli, Kris Richard and Bill Belichick standing in front of me right now arguing why they are right and I'm wrong and I'd just laugh at their stupid faces. 

yeah but marinelli and richard have marginal credibility.  what belichick says is correct. 

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Seeing as how the Cowboys have flubbed two of their last three first picks in a draft, I don't see a problem trading next year's 1st in a package for Adams. Let's throw in Tristan Hill. Adams is from Carrollton and reportedly would love to come home and play for Dallas.

spacer.png

Taco and who?  Hill was a late 2nd rounder.

1st and 3rd is supposedly the floor for a deal but we'll see....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Taco and who?  Hill was a late 2nd rounder.

1st and 3rd is supposedly the floor for a deal but we'll see....

Probably wrote it clunky but meant Hill since he was the first player the Cowboys took last year. First two picks -- 2nd and 3rd -- from last year aren't working out very well.