North Carolina @ Wake Forest; ESPN, 5pm CT

TexasMan

They called forward progress stopped in bounds. The linesman was signaling the wind the clock motion at the end of the play. 

That means out of bounds didn't happen. Clock stops momentarily on a first down but the mechanic is to first signal whether the clock winds after the chains move. The clock doesn't stop until the second signal that it stops to move the chains. No way they would have gotten a play off legally anyway. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What happened? Wasn’t watching.

1) 4th & 1, clock running, UNC runs the ball

2) RB makes the first down and loses his mind trying to fight for an extra yard instead of just stepping out and gets out of bounds too late, game over.

3) Refs call the game over

4) On replay, there WAS a second left, but the refs already left the field! They're gone!

5) Mack is red, Wake's playing the fight song, it's all over

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

They called forward progress stopped in bounds. The linesman was signaling the wind the clock motion at the end of the play. 

That means out of bounds didn't happen. Clock stops momentarily on a first down but the mechanic is to first signal whether the clock winds after the chains move. The clock doesn't stop until the second signal that it stops to move the chains. No way they would have gotten a play off legally anyway. 

Ah brutal, that's a quick trigger finger on forward progress on that kind of play

Just now, Dbeasy said:

What happened? Wasn’t watching.

North Carolina was doing stupid shit like running slow plays of the middle with 20 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts and the clock ran out after a stupid running play, again a running play.

Some talk that the refs didn't stop the clock with about 2 seconds left & Carolina at their own 40 (after possibly making a first down) but that is arguable.

I'm any  event, some of the dumbest couple of plays to end a game I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This, had he fallen forward out of bounds, they probably would have gotten the second and the stopped clock, but the RB gave up and in doing so, gave up yardage and a stopped clock for a reset and running one.

Y'all wanna know how excited about UNC football this town is right now?
I swear, I'm not makin' this up: at the doctor's office this morning, sitting there in the lobby, I overhear a woman wondering if she can give her tickets to anybody because she just found out it's the last weekend of the summer for some puppet show theater they do every year.
#TheHillIsLit
Link to puppet show?
  • Like 1

North Carolina was doing stupid shit like running slow plays of the middle with 20 seconds left on the clock and no timeouts and the clock ran out after a stupid running play, again a running play.
Some talk that the refs didn't stop the clock with about 2 seconds left & Carolina at their own 40 (after possibly making a first down) but that is arguable.
I'm any  event, some of the dumbest couple of plays to end a game I've ever seen.
Same ol fupm shit.

David Venable is NOT gonna be happy.

Wake fan here, I post on these boards all the time though. After having to deal with insufferable UNC fans and "Mack is Back" nonsense after beating two crappy teams, it was great to shut their fans up for a while. Went way too conservative in the second half instead of going for the KO. Clawson is the real deal and it's fun complaining when you're 3-0.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Bullshit but I like you. Take a rep and fuck off. 

Ha, not really here but in the Other Sports section. It's a great board. Good luck to the Horns this season, never been to Austin but really want to get there sometime since I heard it's an amazing city.

1 hour ago, iodeac said:

Ha, not really here but in the Other Sports section. It's a great board. Good luck to the Horns this season, never been to Austin but really want to get there sometime since I heard it's an amazing city.

Bring your own tent.

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

Just saw the replay above. That was the wrong call by the official.

Conference agrees. 

The Atlantic Coast Conference says the replay official erred on the final play in Friday's North Carolina-Wake Forest game by failing to initiate a review that would have put 1 second back on the clock.

In a statement Saturday, league supervisor of football officials Dennis Hennigan says officials determined that UNC running back Michael Carter's forward progress had been stopped and time had elapsed. But he said a replay review would have resulted in the officials spotting the ball at the Wake Forest 43-yard line with a second left, then restarting the clock on their signal.

Hennigan says "all disciplinary measures" would be handled internally and the matter is closed.

The Demon Deacons held off the Tar Heels 24-18.