Cowboys vs Eagles: SNF Edition

Vic Mackey

And this is exactly why field position is huge. See what happens when the defense pitches in and the offense does not need to drive the length constantly? Efficient scoring. Hell of a start but the NFL is like the NBA more and more. Big leads dwindle and most games are one possession in the final 6 minutes.

That should have never been a TD. Won’t be talked about and buried in Monday’s headlines. But a simple bullshit roughing call may have changed  a game, a Division, playoffs. They won’t look into it that deep, but these horrific calls the refs are dishing out every week are having major ramifications. It can’t go on. 

I don’t want to see one person say the refs don’t fuck Dallas ever again. This game was about to get out of hand and they made sure to keep the eagles driving.

It’s just made worse because you just know dallas will not get those same calls. But they’ll get 5 holding penalties killing drives I bet.

Just now, hundredTT said:

That should have never been a TD. Won’t be talked about and buried in Monday’s headlines. But a simple bullshit roughing call may have changed  a game, a Division, playoffs. They won’t look into it that deep, but these horrific calls the refs are dishing out every week are having major ramifications. It can’t go on. 

Eventually the core fan will start turning it off and that coupled with the mom's keeping the kids out will be the death of football.  The second part is going to happen anyway.

Football is starting to become hard to watch.  At any time the refs will just take over a game . 

I mean it’s horrible when you’re just waiting for a flag to be thrown after every good play for your team. Sack? Was it roughing or DPI/Holding?

Get a bit run or pass...is there a flag for holding coming?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hundredTT said:

It will go on. This is a part time gig for these refs. It matters zero to them if they are disciplined or fired. They already have full time jobs. And they are not the only problem. The league loves this controversy and want the refs to control the games to keep them close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I mean it’s horrible when you’re just waiting for a flag to be thrown after every good play for your team. Sack? Was it roughing or DPI/Holding?

Get a bit run or pass...is there a flag for holding coming?

Yep. I don't get excited in the moment at all and this goes for college, too. I make sure there are no flags at all. Then I have a tempered joy after if the play stands. Refs have ruined the raw passion of games.

• Like 1