Longhorns @ Rapists - FS1/Surly Discord 2:30 Central

Surly Bevo

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I only saw Okafor.

Regardless of actual position, since we shuffle them like crazy anyway, Anderson brought some leadership or instruction or something that Braun apparently lacks.

Braun played at GT.  he's good on run blocking but not good in pass pro.  bottom line is the OL has gotten worse but I think it is because Herman's O is harry high school.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is this a fucking joke. I know everyone wants to say that was a great run, but it actually wasn't he should have had 7 there. Then he's hurt after the play. What the actual fuck is wrong with all these running backs made of glass. 

His career long before that was 34 yards. He doesn't have breakaway speed. It was a great run.

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If we'd put a fullback in the backfield, we could ram the ball down the throats of these bastards. Fuck this offense

It would be interesting to see someone play a pure fullback role out of spread set instead of the whole "is Brewer/Leitao/whoever an H-back? Is he a tight end? LOL no - they don't really do anything except get ignored in coverage when we go empty set. 4D CHESS, BITCHES!" thing we always do. IIRC, Holgorsen used to that sometimes and it seemed like it worked reasonably well.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

The first part when he made a couple of guys miss with cuts was good.  Admittedly, the second part when he broke into the open and Baylor guys who were behind him were already ahead of him again by midfield was a little surprising in a bad way.  I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was hurt and trying to wait on WRs to block too much instead of just running as fast as he could.

He could've fucked it up real bad and ran for 5 more seconds and then get tackled and there's no FG.

After all that sucking, the defense is playing pretty good - give up 7 points in a half is awesome.

The offense SUCKS SHIT.

ZERO URGENCY

NO HURRY UP

NO RUN GAME

FUCK YOU MENSA

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The first part when he made a couple of guys miss with cuts was good.  Admittedly, the second part when he broke into the open and Baylor guys who were behind him were already ahead of him again by midfield was a little surprising in a bad way.  I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was hurt and trying to wait on WRs to block too much instead of just running as fast as he could.

In a healthy Texas RB room, Ingram is 3rd team or starting for Arkansas or Houston.  He's not fast and not that shifty but I don't see any lack of effort.

Just now, John Smith2 said:

dude, you take the fucking point there. there's no scenario where you don't take the point there. none 

I'll take things losers say for $1,000, Alex.  Fortune favors the bold.

Kicking the FG there was indicative of the puckered anus our O has had the past few weeks.   

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Braun played at GT.  he's good on run blocking but not good in pass pro.  bottom line is the OL has gotten worse but I think it is because Herman's O is harry high school.

I know.

Apparently ACC, though.  It's conceivable that the Big XII has more athletic DL across the board that challenge an option run blocker who can't pass protect.

And yes, I know the playcalling sucks, but it sucked last year too, perhaps without every d knowing what's coming.  It's an issue but not the entire reason the OL appears to have regressed.

Cosmi might be pretty decent by the time it's all over, but the rest are JAGs, apparently to include Braun.

• Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

I'll take things losers say for $1,000, Alex.  Fortune favors the bold.

Kicking the FG there was indicative of the puckered anus our O has had the past few weeks.   

what fucking drugs are you on man?  theres 4 seconds left and the ball is at the 29 yard line.    on what planet do you run a play that scores a TD other than a hail mary?