Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

14 minutes ago, Longhornlax said:

e3e57bbb7007e814d8b0420b8f14004d.jpg
Good choice. It is really good

Did it come in the two pack? Did you drink the second? I'm tempted to, it's delicious, but it's 12% and I have manual labor to do around the house tomorrow. Switched to Real Ale's imperial black ale which is a responsible 8.2%.

Edited by BradInATX

12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Damn, that site has some cool stuff. Some really expensive cool stuff. Saw a beer that piqued my interest... $20 for a half bomber. Nah I'm good.

Tonight
Bad pic, Tupps barrel aged stout. It's great. 599d9e406b1fb857c51eb2ca580086de.jpg

I like that one.  it is sufficient...LOlz.

I get it in a 4pk at local small grocery store that has the best beer selection in town.

Edited by slorch

Three breweries opened in austin this weekend: Meanwhile, Fitzhugh,  and Willard. We were in the pville area for an errand so we hit willard. Beers tasted like old flying man leftovers. Patio is chill, but a missable beer program. Going to the other 2 tomorrow with high expectations for Meanwhile given their pedigree from Breakside.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Oh also Last Stand opened their austin location this week I believe, so, 4 total? Real underrated brewery.

Yes, everyone check out the new taproom!

*I may have a financial interest in their success and if we ever get rid of Covid I promise to host a surly HH there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Did it come in the two pack? Did you drink the second? I'm tempted to, it's delicious, but it's 12% and I have manual labor to do around the house tomorrow. Switched to Real Ale's imperial black ale which is a responsible 8.2%.

I bought mine as singles, but I’m sending the rest I bought with some of the regular full grown scallywag to my cousin in DC.  I really like the full grown jack or the bourbon barrel aged full grown man as well.  

18 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Late start today, so didnt make it to Fitzhugh,  but Meanwhile is SOLID. Bonus rep to them for brewing a great ESB, which is possibly my favorite style outside of a pale ale. Super family friendly for those of us saddled with a bunch of gross kids.  

Love ESB, so few places do it, at least here in Texico.

I'll definitely give it a try.

dropped by meanwhile to get some pints to go earlier.  that is really one of the more impressive breweries i've been to.

looks awesome on instagram. breakside is a great pedigree but typically youngish brewers aren’t flush with cash. curious where all the $$$ comes from. more than a couple million into this place already.

7 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

looks awesome on instagram. breakside is a great pedigree but typically youngish brewers aren’t flush with cash. curious where all the $$$ comes from. more than a couple million into this place already.

Lots of money chasing too few assets in the world today.  

1 hour ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

Yeah, 4 acres in any part of Austin ain’t cheap. They took so long to build it that today was our last day down the street so I felt I had to take advantage. When I left work at 5:30 there was a traffic jam of cars trying to get in. 

Yeah, 4 acres in any part of Austin ain’t cheap. They took so long to build it that today was our last day down the street so I felt I had to take advantage. When I left work at 5:30 there was a traffic jam of cars trying to get in. 

wow, i didn’t realize it was that big. after reading a couple more articles about them, i wouldn’t be shocked if they’re in for $4-5M to get the place open.