Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Drove over to Burnet this morning for UIL marching contest, wife (color guard director for our h.s. band) wanted to check out some of their competition, on the way back home stopped off at Hell or High Water Brewing in Liberty Hill.  Food was good, beer was meh.  It suffered from the same problem Granger City Brewing has for me, the beer has taste, but there's like this upper layer of water taste to it.  Not watered-down, but like the first thing you taste is just plain water, then the beer flavor hits.  Just didn't have any punch to it.  The citra IPA was the only one that I would probably drink again (1st beer in the flight), although the Irish Red wasn't horrible (2nd picture)... (1st pic, hefe, wife had a Kolsch; 2nd pic, Irish Red, another Kolsch for the wife; 3rd pic, l-r IPA, Oktoberfest, 2 pumpkin stouts, 1 for each of us) 

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

beer3.jpg

Edited by UTCzech III
fat fingers
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I dreamt last night I won a pallet of Treehugger.  I had to drive to Live Oak and they said I could have the 88 cases of TH or 2 cases of Primus.

Damn I love Primus... and miss it!!!

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

I dreamt last night I won a pallet of Treehugger.  I had to drive to Live Oak and they said I could have the 88 cases of TH or 2 cases of Primus.

Damn I love Primus... and miss it!!!

It's out in stores.  All you have to do is get to Austin, and find an HEB that's open.

I'm already stocked up on Primus, and I'm hitting the brewery this afternoon and am grabbing as much Treehugger as they'll let me.

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

It's out in stores.  All you have to do is get to Austin, and find an HEB that's open.

I'm already stocked up on Primus, and I'm hitting the brewery this afternoon and am grabbing as much Treehugger as they'll let me.

Fucking Circle C HEB had zero primus yesterday.  I was very disappointed. I've never had the Treehugger so will be making a run this afternoon as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Fucking Circle C HEB had zero primus yesterday.  I was very disappointed. I've never had the Treehugger so will be making a run this afternoon as well.

Seeya there.  I'll be the guy in a mask drinking beer and buying other beer to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thats how I picture a NE/Hazy IPA should look.

Pivo is about 15 miles from Toppling Goliath, and while they don’t have the flash and rep, they make a lot of great beer. Diverse breadth of styles. Tomorrow is their 3rd anniversary and they will have 54 of their own on tap