Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Bell Springs was solid for a brew-winery. Nice spot as well. Its far out there tho

Fitzhugh was also extremely nice. Central TX farmhouse style setup. Gigantic playground and outdoor area. The IPA and the Australian Sparkling Ale werent half bad. Food was claimed to be made in house, but a Poke E Joes employee delivered the food to our table. 

Meanwhile is a gigantic setup. Crazy lines for beer. Got a few to go in some crowlers.... werent many spots to sit/hang out because it was so busy. Location is awful (between Orf brewing and Independence), but they seem to have some strong initial hype. The IPAs I had were strong for a brand new venture.

I knew what I was getting myself into with Double Horn. Wasnt expecting much. The food was better than I expected and the beers were pretty meh. Had two different IPAs and a Pale Ale.

Bear King is literally across the street. Awesome place for Marble Falls. Food looked good (didnt order any) and the place was pretty busy. Had a little too much to drink at Double Horn and so we got some crowlers to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Real Ale blew me away with their Bomber variety pack last Winter.  This is a nice offering going into Fall.  Glad they put their Black Quad in there in the place of some lighter stuff from the past few years.

s262718511491905087_p374_i1_w547.png

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Real Ale blew me away with their Bomber variety pack last Winter.  This is a nice offering going into Fall.  Glad they put their Black Quad in there in the place of some lighter stuff from the past few years.

s262718511491905087_p374_i1_w547.png

Heh, you know the comparison is strong, when Devil's Backbone is considered "lighter stuff." :)

Real Ale does good Belgians, that's for sure.

17 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Primus, imo.

379668F6-1CF9-4D44-8766-592E1D44A674.jpeg

Look at you, always looking for cheap "likes." :)

I want to bust into my Treehugger tonight as a celebration, but I'm not sure I should drink it if the Horns win, or if the Horns lose and usher out the Tom Herman era.  It's truly a dilemma.

That's the beauty of the Bomber and Belgian VP's by Real Ale.  0% shitty beer factor.

First thing I do when looking at a VP in the store is , "Ok how many IPA's, blueberry ales, and bullshit are in this?  Oh, zero?  Ok.   I am interested."

Edited by slorch

Yeah, if I had realized it was I might have skipped it.  I saw Spacedust and Immortal and figured whats the worst that could happen.  I found out.

Also another thing COVID has fucked up is my strategy to get rid of those stragglers.  Normally throw them in the beer cooler for a big barbecue or hang out and they disappear.  Of the two that are gone I drank one and pawned one off on my unsuspecting brother during Superbowl.

Edited by Incredulity