CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I can't find anything about anything like that happening in Portland. I did find some stories about an attempt to burn down a police precinct in Seattle and the police claimed protesters sealed a door with cement, but as far as I can gather that was never corroborated. And no, I don't trust a thing the police have to say about it.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN25T32R#referrer=https://www.google.com&csi=1

Now, if only Reuters would say what was the final nail in the coffin to make him leave.

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1300678248611807233?s=20&t=fOZ9po09LCH_c3dVW4iwYQ

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Curiously enough, not a peep about cement and fire.  Hmmm.  Can you point it out?

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

What do either of those have to do with the post you're responding to? 

Yeah, I don't think he knew what he was talking about.  All the footage I saw of those despicable assholes starting fires in Portland, I never saw any of 'em pushing a cement mixer around.  You can move concrete around easier than you can move around cement, but I'm pretty sure there'd be ample evidence on Social media of some dues toting around a battery/generator powered cement mixer through urban streets, at night, in the middle of a riot.  That probably would have made national news.  Now they could have had a van nearby with large concrete blocks and moved 'em fast 'n dirty with a handtruck, but that would still take a small army of people and would have shown up on footage.  

Other Antifa guy, "Dude, what the fuck are you wearing that safety vest and hard hat?  You stick out like a sore thumb here!" 
Antifa guy in charge of cement, "Man, you rent enough shit from Home Depot...they'll give you anything you want!" 

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I don't think he knew what he was talking about.  All the footage I saw of those despicable assholes starting fires in Portland, I never saw any of 'em pushing a cement mixer around.  You can move concrete around easier than you can move around cement, but I'm pretty sure there'd be ample evidence on Social media of some dues toting around a battery/generator powered cement mixer through urban streets, at night, in the middle of a riot.  That probably would have made national news.  Now they could have had a van nearby with large concrete blocks and moved 'em fast 'n dirty with a handtruck, but that would still take a small army of people and would have shown up on footage.  

Other Antifa guy, "Dude, what the fuck are you wearing that safety vest and hard hat?  You stick out like a sore thumb here!" 
Antifa guy in charge of cement, "Man, you rent enough shit from Home Depot...they'll give you anything you want!" 

Perhaps this was all an unfortunate mix-up involving a break to consume some delicious frozen custard?

concrete-mixers.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

You’re yet to backup your claim but yes he’s the one with fingers in his ears

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/spd-rioters-tried-trap-officers-inside-burning-precinct-using-rebar-concrete/5AERWGBGYJE7DC6CLW3PEKKAEE/?outputType=amp

referred to as both concrete and cement in this news story. Also including rebar.  I’m not saying it is a sound idea.  Point is ANTIFA tried to seal people in buildings in PDX and SEA and started them on fire.

of course it will be minimized by the resident Leftists.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/spd-rioters-tried-trap-officers-inside-burning-precinct-using-rebar-concrete/5AERWGBGYJE7DC6CLW3PEKKAEE/?outputType=amp

referred to as both concrete and cement in this news story. Also including rebar.  I’m not saying it is a sound idea.  Point is ANTIFA tried to seal people in buildings in PDX and SEA and started them on fire.

is that a real article? it reads like it was written by a middle schooler

13 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

^
That's incredibly fucked up, surprised it wasn't picked up by more news outlets.  Not to minimize the potential horror of burning alive, but I wouldn't worry about the quick dry cement.  I mean, I would worry in the moment and those responsible should rot in prison.  But given how hastily those guys probably spread that shit around...you can push through a few bags of quickrete with broad shoulders.  What I did not ever hear more about on the news was using rebar to pin doors closed.  That is beyond fucked up, and you're not blasting your way through that, I don't care what kinda toys you have.  So glad that didn't cause more pain and death.   

Still, these people in Portland and Seattle did awful shit and they're being punished.  Likewise, these Canadian truckers are doing bad shit and should be punished.  One of the few bright spots of North American case law is "but other people did something similar awhile back and not enough people commented on the political nature of it" cannot be used as a valid defense.  So lots of people on "both sides" are gonna be in serious shit over this.  I think I take arson way more serious than most people, and thank god it's a rarity in civilized society.  But not only is the potential harm so great, but the tortuous severity of that potential harm is so awful to me.  

It's never acceptable, but to me there's a difference in getting caught up in a riot and helping torch a trash can or even a parked car.  But bringing rebar to a riot to pin people into a building you plan to set ablaze, that's a special kinda fucked up.  

Edited by Lobo

21 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So where’s the video? Because from reading that article the only source for the claim is the police. They have security camera footage of everything except the front door? 

Edited by hobbes2702

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

One of the few bright spots of North American case law is "but other people did something similar awhile back and not enough people commented on the political nature of it" cannot be used as a valid defense.

Do you even "legitimate political discourse," bro?

We don't have to create a straw man to say that an entire political movement actually supports and excuses violence -- they proudly claim that ground at the GOP headquarters.  Again, the same people who are complaining about shitheels starting fires in Portland are loudly proclaiming people who actively sought to stop Congress from performing its Constitutional duty, beat the everloving fuck out of multiple cops, and sought out the Vice President of the United States with the stated intent of killing him......were engaged in "Legitimate Political Discourse."  And they vote for the party that makes that pronouncement with near perfect consistency.

Cognitive dissonance is the most important foundational quality of the modern "conservative" movement.

• Hook 'Em 2

And here I thought Trump citing L.P.D. as a defense was because he and his followers have Little Penis Disorder.  

Ask your doctor if "Insurerection 1.6" is right for you.  Side effects?  Oh, that's for another drunken Lobo post later.

32 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So where’s the video? Because from reading that article the only source for the claim is the police. They have security camera footage of everything except the front door? 

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Just now, Incredulity said:

Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

I haven’t minimized anything. I’m asking for proof of the claim that rioters sealed police in a building.

People trying to light buildings on fire is bad. Im not sure why that needs to be explained to you. You made a claim, I’m asking for the evidence of it. Why are you so bad at this?

• Hook 'Em 1

If there's video of somebody using rebar, fry the fucker.  

It does seem odd though that they wouldn't have a camera on their front door.  Unless Johnny Jacobs pulled the plug on it, "kidding, joking, playing!" 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If there's video of somebody using rebar, fry the fucker.  

It does seem odd though that they wouldn't have a camera on their front door.  Unless Johnny Jacobs pulled the plug on it, "kidding, joking, playing!" 

That’s my point. Everyone involved should be locked up. It just seems like we would get more evidence than a single picture with no context if someone was trying to lock police in a building and set them on fire. Arson is bad. Attempted Murder is worse. It would be nice to get some evidence if there was an attempted murder.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I haven’t minimized anything. I’m asking for proof of the claim that rioters sealed police in a building.

People trying to light buildings on fire is bad. Im not sure why that needs to be explained to you. You made a claim, I’m asking for the evidence of it. Why are you so bad at this?

here you go.  

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

here you go.  

This is pointless to the thread at large so this will be my last post on the subject but I don’t see where in that video the cementing or barricading happens. Maybe I just missed it due to the poor video quality.

When cement is outlawed, only outlaws will have cement.

I can't make out shit in online videos worth a damn.  Definitely looks like the guy in the background is tossing shit in front of that other vestibule entry.  But it doesn't look like cement.  Or it is, and he slings it like I sling 12-packs a beer into my shopping cart.

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Welcome, brother.  It ripped thru my entire family over the last 12 days or so.  The little ones were only down for about 2 days, then unaffected.  Wife and I got knocked down pretty hard, but am on the way back.  Not to be overlooked, if you are a food lover (me) is the depression that comes along with not being able to taste or smell anything. On top of work mounting due to the “fog”.  I realized it added a nice little added depression/anger to the whole ordeal.  Hope Brisket Jr is done with it ASAP. 

I can imagine with kids it’s hard. But def take the time to rest… that’s really what I needed. 2-3 days of sleep to knock out the fog and lethargy. 

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Your friends tried to murder a lot of people last night:

So they claim they called the police last night, but the head of the arson unit was unaware of such a high profile case? Interdasting. 

I look forward to them tracking these people down. 

Should be pretty easy. Great shots of their face. 

39 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is pointless to the thread at large so this will be my last post on the subject but I don’t see where in that video the cementing or barricading happens. Maybe I just missed it due to the poor video quality.

It's not on the video.

What our resident trolls don't understand is that everyone left of Nazi (hey!  Hitler!) on this forum agrees that burning buildings is bad, m'kay?  Those people should be prosecuted.  Arson is arson.  They desperately want that behavior to be rubberstamped, as they have done the Capitol insurrection, but it won't happen.  Sucks to be bereft of morals and ethics, I guess.  I wouldn't know.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Think it gets lifted if Magic doesn’t post those pics?

They are watching what’s happening in Canada and it’s scaring them. There’s no other reason so many of these lib controlled areas are all of a sudden rolling back mandates.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They are watching what’s happening in Canada and it’s scaring them. There’s no other reason so many of these lib controled areas are all of a sudden rolling back mandates.

What a totally fucked up viewpoint about all that. Psychopathic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He's saying the reasoning is awful, because it makes total sense to me.

So you knew exactly what he was talking about. You just disagree. 

Of course, I'd argue the science and involving information on Omicron and vaccination could be another basis for rolling back mask mandates. Whatever the reason, I don't think Canada features prominently. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So you knew exactly what he was talking about. You just disagree. 

Of course, I'd argue the science and involving information on Omicron and vaccination could be another basis for rolling back mask mandates. Whatever the reason, I don't think Canada features prominently. 

I don't understand how it's a fucked up view point.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I guess they can read polls in advance of the midterms.  

Not that well. 

what a chickenshit policy at this point. Triple vaxxed Gavin is, I believe, at higher risk than unvaxxed small children. They’re just sciencing so hard out there. 

It’s just hard to imagine living in a state that two years into the pandemic is requiring all schoolchildren to mask up. We really live in two different countries. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

He's saying the reasoning is awful, because it makes total sense to me.

Anti vaxxers and anti maskers have gone completely insane. They are not normal functioning members of a rational society. They are psychopathic and it’s time to start treating them as such. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Not that well. 

what a chickenshit policy at this point. Triple vaxxed Gavin is, I believe, at higher risk than unvaxxed small children. They’re just sciencing so hard out there. 

It’s just hard to imagine living in a state that two years into the pandemic is requiring all schoolchildren to mask up. We really live in two different countries. 

Go fuck yourself.