2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When is the last time South won the Bird Bowl?

2007, Gomez’s first year with the Cards. This years group at South has been beating the Harlingen high group since middle school though. We’ll see if it carries over to varsity. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

2007, Gomez’s first year with the Cards. This years group at South has been beating the Harlingen high group since middle school though. We’ll see if it carries over to varsity. 

That was also the year that South went undefeated and 3 rounds deep. Widely considered the #1 team in the RGV that year.

Can't believe it's been that long since South won the Bird Bowl

Edited by TheBryMan81

14 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

That was also the year that South went undefeated and 3 rounds deep. Widely considered the #1 team in the RGV that year.

Can't believe it's been that long since South won the Bird Bowl

Yeah I never saw them play that year but I know they were salty. Would’ve loved to have seen Mishak and y’all matchup with them. 

I know injuries are part of sports, but it sucks when a high school player loses that time that they can never regain.

That doesn’t mean I don’t wish Art Briles would fall off a 20 foot ladder or something, because fuck him.

Not a long list of good matchups this week:
A&M C @ Huntsville
Dumas @ Canyon
Kennedale @ Wimberley
Harlingen-South
Dickinson @ Katy
Columbus @ Hallettsville
Pottsboro @ Fuck you Art
Grandview @ Glen Rose
Boerne @ LaVernia

Huntsvegas 27-7
Dumas 23-9
Kennedale 17-14
Helobious High 27-0
Katy 49-7
Halletsville 45-14. Wow
Pottsboro 49-43 MV fans crying about getting screwed by refs. Excellent!
Grandview 31-28
Boerne 40-32

Guyer scored on last play from 1 to beat Prosper 24-23.

Smithville 29 Cuero 27
Lampasas 40 Canyon Lake 34

BTW, Mount Vernon will be the 4th seed out of their district, so whoever that was a couple of weeks ago whose buddy was saying that MV would win state, tell him I said that he's a dumbass, just like I did a couple of weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Smithville 29 Cuero 27

BTW, Mount Vernon will be the 4th seed out of their district, so whoever that was a couple of weeks ago whose buddy was saying that MV would win state, tell him I said that he's a dumbass, just like I did a couple of weeks ago.

On it! I don’t follow anyone but Longview (kinda) so happy to trash anyone there. 

• Like 1

KeaMondre Horace from Center is a damn good 3  star running back.  His OL sucks and he makes a lot of defenders miss.  Good back.  UTSA and Traylor should reel him in.  He has some game like Sincere McCormick.  BEast Texas.  Carl Limbrick is also an underrated big back.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Damn, guess that Weigmann kid is the real deal

He definitely is. 21-25 paasing last night.. He didn't run that much last night but its already documented.  Bridgeland 's next 3 opponents are a combined 1-14 at this moment so that will probably continue so his stats will probably not overwhelm anybody.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I watched this game on my way back to the city again and it was a great game to watch as it was back and forth the entire game! It would be cool to see Lampasas win every game by 20 or more, but this game came right down to the end. If that pass had been just a foot or so closer on 4th down they would have beaten the Badgers. I remember 20 years ago I was at a Gatesville game when they had Taurean Henderson. They went 15-0 and won state that year, but during the regular season they almost lost to La Vega. The next game they had that was decided by single digits was the state title match-up they won against Abilene Wylie. Perhaps this game will help Lampasas in the same way that one helped Gatesville.

I also saw the LBJ game the week before. Hoo boy did the officials have a not fun performance all night in that one. They cost Lampasas a defensive TD and stopped another drive on a fumble call well after the RB was down. Neither coaching staff seemed happy with the officials at all though. LBJ's DB's were legit though and I can see why they are going to Clemson and OU. Lampasas just had a massive advantage in line play in that one, especially on the offensive line. They ran it over 50 times in the game if I remember right. It was good to see that they can find ways to win like that when they have to.

My best games list is top-heavy this week...

Desoto at Cedar Hill

Tascosa -- Amarillo

Cisco @ San Saba

Calallen @ PL Calhoun

Tompkins -- Katy tonight

Pleasant Grove @ Gilmer

Winnsboro @ Pottsboro

Pampa @ Dumas

Highland Park @ Longview

RGV SPecial for Helobius:  Sharyland @ Pioneer

Desoto at Cedar Hill
Tascosa -- Amarillo
Cisco @ San Saba
Calallen @ PL Calhoun
Tompkins -- Katy tonight
Pleasant Grove @ Gilmer
Winnsboro @ Pottsboro
Pampa @ Dumas
Highland Park @ Longview
I'd like to add tonight's Wagner-Steele game to this list.

Also Tompkins leads 14-10 at half.

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Desoto at Cedar Hill

Tascosa -- Amarillo

Cisco @ San Saba

Calallen @ PL Calhoun

Tompkins -- Katy tonight

Pleasant Grove @ Gilmer

Winnsboro @ Pottsboro

Pampa @ Dumas

Highland Park @ Longview

I’ll be at the Port La Caca vs Calallen game.    It will be over by 9:30.   PLC’s Triple option vs Calallen’s WingT.  Not one pass will be thrown.  Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
49 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:
Tompkins 24
Katy 19
Final.  Katy's 75 game district win streak is over. 

2008 last loss to Cinco Ranch. Good for Tompkins and Milroe. Fuck you Tom Herman.

Agreed, but we weren't going to get both Milroe and Ewers no matter what 

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
9 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:
Agreed, but we weren't going to get both Milroe and Ewers no matter what 

And now we're getting neither, so fuck you Tom Herman. Capiche?

Yeah I get it. But I was posting about the Katy- Tompkins game, not Ewers.

Katy qb situation had a lot to do with the outcome. Pretty much no passing game for Katy. Tompkins loaded the box to stop the run and brought too many to block on pass plays. 

• Like 1