2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wimberley leading Manor New Tech 88-0 in the 3rd quarter with a running clock.  

San Marcos has spotted Lake Travis a 58-3 lead but will be beginning a miraculous comeback at any time now.

All those schools in Wimberley & Navarro’s district have no business whatsoever fielding football teams. Like ever. 

On 10/8/2020 at 5:40 PM, Beau Vine said:

Stream list:https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/10/08/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-8

An unusually small list of good games on the docket:

SLC@Rockwall

Prosper @ Desoto

Allen @ Cedar Hill

La Vega @ Stephenville

Sundown @ Post

Tyler Lee Legacy @ Longview

WOS @ Silsbee

Tascosa@ Permian

Mineola @ FuckArtBriles

Martin @ Temple

Rockwall 44-42 last night

Prosper had da Covid

Allen had da Covid

La Vega 42-24

Post 51-6

Longview 37-14

WOS game is tomorrow

Tascosa 40-18

MV 23-20

Martin 43-25

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

SA Marshall is 2-0 after a huge upset win over SA O’Connor tonight. Rams haven’t been shit since Priest Holmes was there, looks like they may be rising from the dead. 

Playing Harlan (0-2) next. Harlan played great last season but moved up. 

Denton Ryan forced to take two forfeit losses after Frisco ISD voting block swerves them in district executive meeting...if I was a betting man I would pick Ryan to cover in the remaining games against Frisco schools

https://dentonrc.com/sports/steve-gamel-ryan-forfeit-vote-shines-light-on-bigger-issue/article_0d20c477-d7b3-5771-b44d-a7e7bda32aff.html

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Denton Ryan forced to take two forfeit losses after Frisco ISD voting block swerves them in district executive meeting...if I was a betting man I would pick Ryan to cover in the remaining games against Frisco schools

https://dentonrc.com/sports/steve-gamel-ryan-forfeit-vote-shines-light-on-bigger-issue/article_0d20c477-d7b3-5771-b44d-a7e7bda32aff.html

This one sucks.  Look for Ryan to try and hang 100 on every Frisco school they play.  The DEC met on Thursday night and voted to make the games a no-contest.  Frisco rethought that move Thursday night and wanted a re-vote on Friday, changing their votes to forfeits.

This one sucks.  Look for Ryan to try and hang 100 on every Frisco school they play.  The DEC met on Thursday night and voted to make the games a no-contest.  Frisco rethought that move Thursday night and wanted a re-vote on Friday, changing their votes to forfeits.
Can't believe the 2 schools who got forfeits got the other 4 who still have to play Ryan to vote with them. Is one of them Lone Star?

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
4 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Can't believe the 2 schools who got forfeits got the other 4 who still have to play Ryan to vote with them. Is one of them Lone Star?

One of the schools that gets a forfeit is Denton High and they voted against the forfeits.  Reedy hs is the only  Frisco school that gets a forfeit, now the other 5 will hopefully take some savage ass whippings. 

One of the schools that gets a forfeit is Denton High and they voted against the forfeits.  Reedy hs is the only  Frisco school that gets a forfeit, now the other 5 will hopefully take some savage ass whippings. 
Fuck yes, my Broncos finally get a win against Ryan!!!

HUZZAH!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Fuck yes, my Broncos finally get a win against Ryan!!!

HUZZAH!!!

spacer.png

https://dentonrc.com/sports/quarantine-ended-ryan-will-play-denton-on-saturday/article_763be3ef-46ff-52c0-8fea-11f095bb7568.html

Ryan, the No. 1 team in Class 5A Division I, will face Denton at 2 p.m. Saturday in a District 5-5A Division I contest at C.H. Collins Athletic Complex, Denton ISD spokeswoman Julie Zwahr confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

This game and Ryan’s Oct. 9 matchup against Frisco Reedy were originally canceled last week when the district announced that Ryan had lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases in its program and would need to suspend all activities for 14 days.

In a statement Tuesday, Zwahr said representatives from Denton ISD met with representatives from Denton County Public Health to review contact tracing information and determined that the 14-day quarantine can expire at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16.

• Rage+1 1

Games to keep an eye on:

North Shore @ Manvel

Cedar Hill @ Aledo

Highland Park @ Rockwall

Katy-Tompkins

Carthage @ Jasper

Lub Coronado @ Rider

China Spring @ Salado

Calallen @ Miller

Pottsboro @ Mineola

Martin - Arlington

Dawson - Pearland

Wall @ Jim Ned

Graham @ Iowa Park

Lee @ Permian

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Games to keep an eye on:

North Shore @ Manvel

Cedar Hill @ Aledo

Highland Park @ Rockwall

Katy-Tompkins

Carthage @ Jasper

Lub Coronado @ Rider

China Spring @ Salado

Calallen @ Miller

Pottsboro @ Mineola

Martin - Arlington

Dawson - Pearland

Wall @ Jim Ned

Graham @ Iowa Park

Lee @ Permian

How could you ignore ZaRaivion Armendarez vs AJ Gonzaque tomorrow? Raymondville vs Mission Vets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

How could you ignore ZaRaivion Armendarez vs AJ Gonzaque tomorrow? Raymondville vs Mission Vets. 

Rumor is Wimberley is trying to pick up a game with Raymondville to fill an off week.

Also, Port Isabel has *ONE* game scheduled this season?

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Rumor is Wimberley is trying to pick up a game with Raymondville to fill an off week.

Also, Port Isabel has *ONE* game scheduled this season?

Didn’t realize PI just has the one game scheduled. Rio Hondo cancelling football season definitely threw a wrench in that district’s zone plan. So PI & Raymondville will play one game, winner goes to playoffs it looks like.

Went to the Stanford vs OK State Fiesta Bowl several years ago (my 9 year old at the time was a big Andrew Luck fan)

While there walking through the concourse saw Jim Plunkett taking a pic with an elementary aged OK State fan holding a sign that said, "My dad's secretary went to Stanford".

Pretty funny visual as the kid surely had no idea who Plunkett was and Plunkett had full failed smile.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/10/20/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-8?ref=article_preview_img

Tonight's games.    

On 10/15/2020 at 1:23 PM, Beau Vine said:

Games to keep an eye on:

North Shore @ Manvel

Cedar Hill @ Aledo

Highland Park @ Rockwall

Katy-Tompkins

Carthage @ Jasper

Lub Coronado @ Rider

China Spring @ Salado

Calallen @ Miller

Pottsboro @ Mineola

Martin - Arlington

Dawson - Pearland

Wall @ Jim Ned

Graham @ Iowa Park

Lee @ Permian

#ValleyFootballMatters
Sucks that Raymondville-Mission Vets got cancelled. Sharyland Pioneer laying it on McAllen Rowe. Marburger is a machine. 

Mercedes blowing out PSJA North in their season opener. Remember the name Tyrell Trevino for Mercedes, sophomore WR. He’s the cousin of legendary Mercedes RB/sprinter Alex Trevino. Hopefully he makes some wiser choices.

• Like 1

I was on the train back to the city from Long Island tonight and was watching the Lampasas-Burnet game that the Badgers won 45-7. Whitehead gave Troy (I use his first name because I remember him as a player) the kicking motion because he wanted to try a field goal. He nails a 46 yarder. There does not appear to be much he cannot do on the football field.

• Fuck You 1

I was on the train back to the city from Long Island tonight and was watching the Lampasas-Burnet game that the Badgers won 45-7. Whitehead gave Troy (I use his first name because I remember him as a player) the kicking motion because he wanted to try a field goal. He nails a 46 yarder. There does not appear to be much he cannot do on the football field.
Or baseball. He must really suck at basketball, though.

Games to keep an eye on: North Shore @ Manvel

Cedar Hill @ Aledo

Highland Park @ Rockwall

Katy-Tompkins

Carthage @ Jasper

Lub Coronado @ Rider

China Spring @ Salado

Calallen @ Miller

Pottsboro @ Mineola

Martin - Arlington

Dawson - Pearland

Wall @ Jim Ned

Graham @ Iowa Park

Lee @ Permian

NS 49-14

CH 27-17

HP 46-18 wow!

Katy game postponed? Help? Anyone know?

Carthage 35-14

Coronado 51-13. Wow.

Salado28-14 huge win for that program

Calallen 34-27

Pottsboro lost 55-49 in OT

Martin 52-21

Dawson 17-6. Whoa.

Jim Ned 28-8 huuuge

Graham 45-21. Big upset

Mojo 55-44

Also

Judson 34 Clemens 28

Spring 27 Westfield 23

Sealy 31 Bellville 28

Navarro 82 Achieve (sic) 7

Columbus 35 Yoakum 14

Hondo 41 Devine 26

Austin LBJ 35 Fred 13

Aledo couldn’t get off the field on multiple 3rd and 20+. Had the ball with less than five minutes to go down 20-17 and all three TOs They started moving the ball decently. Then QB looked like he was throwing the ball to Jojo Earle (LSU WR commit) no matter what. He was triple covered and safety made the pick.

CHill’s Qb was pretty impressive. I’m going to look him up. Can’t imagine he’s not playing in the next level. Strong runner with a cannon. At the end of the first half he was rolling right on the 50 and made an off balance throw to the middle of the end zone. He missed some open passes but overall was good.

Edit: CHill SE Qb Kaidon Salter is going to Tennessee

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

#ValleyFootballMatters
Sucks that Raymondville-Mission Vets got cancelled. Sharyland Pioneer laying it on McAllen Rowe. Marburger is a machine. 

Mercedes blowing out PSJA North in their season opener. Remember the name Tyrell Trevino for Mercedes, sophomore WR. He’s the cousin of legendary Mercedes RB/sprinter Alex Trevino. Hopefully he makes some wiser choices.

Played against Alex. Maybe it's my Weslaco bias, but as big as his talents were, his ego was bigger.

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Hook 'Em 1