2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

On 10/17/2020 at 10:00 AM, stork642 said:

Watched Magnolia beat Lufkin last night.  Pretty entertaining game.  My nephew had a 85 yard punt return TD for Magnolia.  CSB.  

https://www.yourconroenews.com/neighborhood/moco/sports/article/FOOTBALL-Who-should-be-The-Courier-s-Player-of-15653217.php

Oops I was wrong..his punt return TD was for 81 yards.  He had 234 all purpose yards and he’s also the punter.  

Calallen vs Alice is cancelled thanks to one student at Alice coming down with Covid who attended a party with 100 students on Saturday and many of them were football players. They closed down their whole school system for the next two weeks.  Overkill????  I don't know?

Really I think Alice was trying to avoid a butt whooping this week and next when they play Port Lavaca.  

On 10/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, Beau Vine said:

Best matchups of the week:

LBJ @ Lampassas

CC Miller @ PL Calhoun

Wimberley @ Navarro

La Vega @ Midlothian Heritage

Mansfield Summit @ Ennis

Yoakum @ Hallettsville

Paul Pewitt @ Dangerfield

Pampa @ Canyon

Roho -- Old High

Blanco @ Llano

SA Johnson @ Brandeis

Johnson beats Brandeis 19-7 and is now 4-0. That coach I assumed was terrible from San Marcos has them off to what I believe is their best start in school history. 

Other news: Mcallen Memorial-Sharyland Pioneer game was cancelled about an hour before kickoff. McMemorial will now play Harlingen tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Johnson beats Brandeis 19-7 and is now 4-0. That coach I assumed was terrible from San Marcos has them off to what I believe is their best start in school history. 

That coach was 2-18 over the past two years with both wins over 0-20 NB Canyon, so everyone assumed he was terrible.

9 hours ago, stork642 said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/1/57a0c2b7a006263358c2e3f8/5f91ce8f1600bc08b88e28c1

Ok last brag on my nephew I promise but he had the #1 rated punt return for HUDL this past week.  Check it out. 

Sweet return. Near the end it looks like there are at least 20 players for each team on the field.  Amazing he made it through.

• Hook 'Em 2

i haven't been able to watch HS football in years due to always working my own team's games on friday nights, but our season was canceled this year, so i went out to The Pfield (ugh) last night and watched Pflugerville take on Manor. whole lotta athletes in that one, and it was a good game too. PHS came from behind to win by 1 in OT (Manor kicker missed two PAT's, including one in OT).

It's taken a couple of years, but the stink of George Hermann is finally gone from the program, and with most of the team being sophomores and juniors, Pville looks to be a program on the rise. they're now 4-1 this year with their only loss being on the road vs Leander where they lost 42-41 due to a botched snap on a PAT. that's the best start they've had since maybe 2006 or 07. 

also, not sure why Manor didn't just exploit this matchup on literally every play:

4ecc7843aca4d80fcb4976d79f5e5d8a.jpg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i haven't been able to watch HS football in years due to always working my own team's games on friday nights, but our season was canceled this year, so i went out to The Pfield (ugh) last night and watched Pflugerville take on Manor. whole lotta athletes in that one, and it was a good game too. PHS came from behind to win by 1 in OT (Manor kicker missed two PAT's, including one in OT).

It's taken a couple of years, but the stink of George Hermann is finally gone from the program, and with most of the team being sophomores and juniors, Pville looks to be a program on the rise. they're now 4-1 this year with their only loss being on the road vs Leander where they lost 42-41 due to a botched snap on a PAT. that's the best start they've had since maybe 2006 or 07. 

also, not sure why Manor didn't just exploit this matchup on literally every play:

Damn.  That looks photoshopped.

29 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I kind of figured Pville was done as a competitive program with those new schools that district has opened. Would be cool to see them make a comeback.

• Hook 'Em 1

edit: this is replying to Stork:

lol for real. they went to that matchup a handful of times that i remember, but not nearly as much as they should have. one of them was for a 40 yard TD, and to #15's credit he was in perfect coverage- he was all over him, and it just didn't matter. the kid for Manor caught the ball and then just shrugged #15 off of him and then just very calmly walked off, lol. it was kind of hard to watch. but give 15 credit, he can really cover a WR. 

also, Manor has some real size among their skill position players. i've heard that they're supposed to be good in basketball, and i don't doubt it with some of those athletes. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I kind of figured Pville was done as a competitive program with those new schools that district has opened. Would be cool to see them make a comeback.

that's exactly how i've felt/feel now. we had a really nice run during the aughts, but i thought it was over for us with all of these huge Wilco schools + Westlake and LT being great every year while we continue to dilute our talent pool. the HC seems to be the real deal though. Pville will always have athletes, so coaching is hugely important. my dad and i noticed that the tackling was a lot better, the team was more under control, and the stupid penalties/unsportsmanlike conduct flags that plagued the program for so long were gone. plus they never panicked at all when they got down, and sort of calmly came from behind to win. it was encouraging to see. 

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

haha, looking back at that photo, it's almost like the wideout isn't looking at the official, but looking at the Pflugerville sideline going, "really? this who y'all are going with?" lol.

I was thinking, "ok, you gonna pay for this"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but does anyone know where I can get a current weekly schedule for the Austin area high schools? With location? Trying to see who is playing at Burger tonight. Thanks.

max preps will have schedules by school, but I don't think they list them by stadium in the metros.

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

max preps will have schedules by school, but I don't think they list them by stadium in the metros.

Yeah, checked there - no stadium info.

edit. Looks like it was supposed to be Bowie and Westlake, but the game has been moved to November because apparently I touch myself or something.

Edited by Steel Shank

10 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Yeah, checked there - no stadium info.

yeah I put out an APB on 6ATexas Football.    Looks like Westlake at Bowie was originally scheduled but it was moved to later in the season.   I'll keep looking.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

yeah I put out an APB on 6ATexas Football.    Looks like Westlake at Bowie was originally scheduled but it was moved to later in the season.   I'll keep looking.

Wonder who's teeing it up at Lowery Field tonight?

Edited by Steel Shank

Spurs Game

Lubbock High vs Monterey

Edit:   The Burger Stadium game was Westlake @Bowie, but rescheduled due to Cv-19.

Edited by slorch

On 10/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, Beau Vine said:

Best matchups of the week:

LBJ @ Lampassas

CC Miller @ PL Calhoun

Wimberley @ Navarro

La Vega @ Midlothian Heritage

Mansfield Summit @ Ennis

Yoakum @ Hallettsville

Paul Pewitt @ Dangerfield

Pampa @ Canyon

Roho -- Old High

Blanco @ Llano

SA Johnson @ Brandeis

Lamp 35-18

Calhoun 77-63 middle 4th

Navarro stops a 2-pt conversion with 1:30 left to win 24-22

Midlothian Heritage 31-21 in the upset of the night.

Ennis 63-26  Holy shit.

Halletsville 42-13

Daingerfield 49-17 in 4th

Canyon 21-7

Rider 53-17  Ronnie Williams celebrates somewhere.

Llano 42-26  Llano is 8-0 and ranked #8, enjoying 3A.

Johnson 19-6

Also,

Winnsboro 30 Fuck you Art 28

Abilene 27 Permian 25

Steele 22 NB 21

Magnolia West 97 Caney Creek 0!

PNG 22 Nederland 21 on a TD after a Hail Mary PI call.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

Port Lavaca 77 Corpus Christi Miller 76

Miller recovers an on side kick with 1:35 on the clock and then scores 20 seconds later.   Goes for two and the probable win and gets stuffed.   Miller attempts a second on side and recovers but an offsides penalty results  re-kick.  PLC recovers and game over.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Harlingen - 21 

McMemorial - 6

Game played on 24 hours notice. Watched about 1.5 quarters of it on the livestream. Cards a little sluggish but what can you expect. Wondering if I had Memorial ranked too high at #9 in the HeloPoll, they looked horrible. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Port Lavaca 77 Corpus Christi Miller 76

Miller recovers an on side kick with 1:35 on the clock and then scores 20 seconds later.   Goes for two and the probable win and gets stuffed.   Miller attempts a second on side and recovers but an offsides penalty results  re-kick.  PLC recovers and game over.  

See, this is the coaching idiocy that I just hate.  If you're going to go for the win, why not go for 2 after the first TD when it's 77-69?

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Harlingen - 21 

McMemorial - 6

Game played on 24 hours notice. Watched about 1.5 quarters of it on the livestream. Cards a little sluggish but what can you expect. Wondering if I had Memorial ranked too high at #9 in the HeloPoll, they looked horrible. 

What high school did you go to in the RGV?

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Not a long list of good matchups this week:

A&M C @ Huntsville

Dumas @ Canyon

Kennedale @ Wimberley

Harlingen-South

Dickinson @ Katy

Columbus @ Hallettsville

Pottsboro @ Fuck you Art

Grandview @ Glen Rose

Boerne @ LaVernia

Bird Bowl getting the recognition it deserves.

Was SA YMLA vs Austin Eastside Memorial an intentional omission or a mistake? I’m driving up to Austin Friday and hoping to scalp a ticket for that one. 

• Haha 1

I can't help but pull for Lee Fedora at AMC.  Dude was killing it in Navasota before off-field politics caused a huge rift.   Dude can straight up coach football.