2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

I see two playoff upsets tonight

Waskom 28 #9 Daingerfield 27 in 3ad2. Thomas Everett is sad.

Beckville 41 #10 Hearne 38 in 2ad1. John Randall is sad.

Wow I missed the Waskom/Daingerfield score. I’ve got a contractor that played at Daingerfield during their heyday I will have to give some shit to.

Great playoff games in 4A ...

D1

Boerne 27 PL Calhoun 24

Canyon Lake had a 31-21 lead in the 4th, but Calallen rallied to win 37-31

El Campo couldn't run at all and lost 27-14 to Kilgore

Melissa 43 Kennedale 17 in a shocker.

Paris upset #6 midlothian heritage 38-28

D2

China Spring 35 WOS 22

Salado beat Bellville 28-23 in a slugfest

Wimberley and Navarro both beat Helobius-favored teams by 40, so all is well.

3A

D1

Bushland 28 Wall 27 Not sure that's that much of an upset, but it's still surprising to see Wall go out in the 2nd round

Malakoff 52 Pottsboro 0 WTF?

FuckArtBriles 24 West Kolaches 21

D2

Mostly chalk, but Paul Pewitt 44 Newton 36 is notable.  That's the Newton's first game of the season with less than 30 point margin.  And their 3rd loss.

2A

D1

Looks like chalk to me, but I don't know 2A well.

D2

Wellington 34 Wink 28 in a good one, and Hamlin and Mart both won big, and that's all that matters.

6A

Westlake 62 Austin 0

Round Rock beat Vandegrift 28-24

Dawson beat Shadow Creek in OT.  I believe that's SC's 3rd loss; they lost one game in their first two seasons.

Judson 28 Steele 16

FW Paschal 30 LD Bell 29  WTF has happened to Bell?

5A 

Lovejoy 38 #5 Frisco 28

Edited by Beau Vine

“Helobious-favored”... don’t tell me you confused Hondo for Rio Hondo. In fairness I might’ve pulled for Hondo anyway, it’s cool seeing majority-homie teams advance in the playoffs. 

I think you guys will beat Sinton in a close one before Navarro packs your bags for you. Pirates had a rough start but are rolling of late. Starting RB for Sinton is committed to play catcher for UT.

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Helobious-favored”... don’t tell me you confused Hondo for Rio Hondo. In fairness I might’ve pulled for Hondo anyway, it’s cool seeing majority-homie teams advance in the playoffs. 

I fully know that Rio Hondo is a much shittier version of Hondo.  But you love that district with Crystal City and Carrizo Springs and Pearsall, and Hondo is its big dog now.

Calallen jumped out on Canyon Lake early and I thought it was on the way to being a blow out, but to Canyon Lake’s credit, they clawed back and turned the tables on Cal.  So we found ourselves down by two scores and we found our nuts and live to play another day.   Why I thought this game might be easier was kind of a dumb assumption because looking CL’s body of work with the W/L not withstanding, they took Lampasas to the wire a few weeks ago and their other loses were not ugly by a stretch  

PLC losing to Boerne High was  a. surprise, but in context they lost their stud player and key cog in that triple option to concussion in Steve Johnson.  

Anxious to see CC Miller vs Lampasas tonight.  High scoring for sure.  

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Calallen jumped out on Canyon Lake early and I thought it was on the way to being a blow out, but to Canyon Lake’s credit, they clawed back and turned the tables on Cal.  So we found ourselves down by two scores and we found our nuts and live to play another day.   Why I thought this game might be easier was kind of a dumb assumption because looking CL’s body of work with the W/L not withstanding, they took Lampasas to the wire a few weeks ago and their other loses were not ugly by a stretch  

PLC losing to Boerne High was  a. surprise, but in context they lost their stud player and key cog in that triple option to concussion in Steve Johnson.  

Anxious to see CC Miller vs Lampasas tonight.  High scoring for sure.  

Canyon Lake is one of the most schizo teams I've ever seen and last night they went schizo in one single game.

Lampassas-Miller seriously might be a 77-68 kind of game.

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

If they both keep winning, I want to see China Spring vs. Carthage.  China Spring has already pounded Jasper and beat WOS.  

Watched some of CS again last night.  That Abdallah kid was unstoppable again -- 171 yards.  I hope SMU is looking at him, because he's apparently slipping under the recruiting radar and looks like he could eventually dominate at a G5 school.

WOS looked like garbage, especially the offense and special teams.  

Windthorst beat arch rival Archer City 42-7, after squeaking by 21-20 at AC during the regular season.

Denny Faith's Lions from Albany await the Trojans this week.  It seems like these two teams have matched up at this round or later every other year or so. I call it 28-24, WHS.  It's gonna be close.

Should Windthorst prevail, a rematch with #1 Seed in Region I, Hamlin, most likely happens.  The Pied Pipers took down WHS by the church, 14-0 during the regular season.  That was Hamlin's lowest score of the year... but their defense prevented any resulting issues that day.

If they both keep winning, I want to see China Spring vs. Carthage.  China Spring has already pounded Jasper and beat WOS.  

Could be an interesting game. Carthage has beaten #3, #4 and #5. CS beat #2 and #4 and lost to #6.

CS beat Jasper 45-19
Carthage beat Jasper 35-18

Haven’t seen CS play but have seen a number of the top ten 4A teams play. Carthage is very, very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Miller's qb is a freaking stud, and he's committed to Tx Southern???
He looks like a little Vince Young out there.

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-body-46082788/

Verified Results

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-body-46082788/

Verified Results

His YouTube highlights from last year are reminiscent of Joe Hamilton. Looks like a really good get for Texas Southern.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

North Dallas ca. 1922.  DISD, mostly hispanic.  Latinx.  Whatever.

I fucking hate “latinx”. It makes me sound like an exotic species of cat. So stupid. 

Was pulling for Lampasas to finish that comeback against CC Miller. Miller’s coach is a cocky douchebag and his teams play stupid football a lot. They’ve got some superstar athletes that bail him out.