2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

Quite a few great matchups this week, but fewer good games as districts start:

Carthage at Pleasant Grove; state championship preview

Guyer-Ryan; see two posts above this.

Lone Star @ Aledo, was a top-2 matchup before LS got upset last week.

Melissa @ Argyle; we'll see if Melissa is for real

Spearman @ Canadian; Bren Thompson takes on the top 3A program in the state

Judson @ Desoto

Atascocita @ Allen

Tascosa @ Midland L.E.E.  Yeah, that's what they did

Cedar Hill @ Arlington

Stream list: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/10/06/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-6?ref=article_preview_title

Carthage 35-7. Holy fuck, they're good.

Argyle winning 34-7 late

Westlake 56-0 over Midway

Stephenville leading Brownwood 38-21

CH 28 Arlington 21

Jim Ned 24 Halletsville 21

Allen 52-27

Desoto 37-0 no scoring after half.

Ryan 23 Guyer 20

Aledo 34-32

Midland Lee 31 Tascosa 21

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Bridgeland 27

Shadow Creek 21-F

Conner Weigman 4 td passes

Drones didn't play.

Also:

Eastland 91, Panhandle 71. Both teams combined for over 1,500 yards. Texas Tech commit Behren Morton threw for 425 yards and five touchdowns and had over 100 yards on the ground as well. It’s the fourth-highest scoring 11-man game since 1951.

Apparently, my horeshit-assed district doesn't allow for the purchase of tickets this season.  I was able to see them (Garland) play last week as it was in Richardson.  They only give two tickets to students participating in games which, I'm assuming, would be for parents.

At least I have a decent alternate for this week.  Southlake Carroll is playing at Rockwall.  Not a bad game to take my visiting daughter and her boyfriend to to witness a TX high school game.  (He's a football coach in TN.)

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Apparently, my horeshit-assed district doesn't allow for the purchase of tickets this season.  I was able to see them (Garland) play last week as it was in Richardson.  They only give two tickets to students participating in games which, I'm assuming, would be for parents.

At least I have a decent alternate for this week.  Southlake Carroll is playing at Rockwall.  Not a bad game to take my visiting daughter and her boyfriend to to witness a TX high school game.  (He's a football coach in TN.)

And you get to watch the best Junior in the nation play

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Paying for NFHS isn’t a guarantee either.  Sometimes there’ll be a game announced but it doesn’t get streamed for whatever reason.

That's correct.  I've missed a couple of my daughter's boyfriend's game because of that.  I'm kind of good, though.  If I don't get my own alma mater, I have several other games each week that I'll watch.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Stream list:https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/10/08/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-8

An unusually small list of good games on the docket:

SLC@Rockwall

Prosper @ Desoto

Allen @ Cedar Hill

La Vega @ Stephenville

Sundown @ Post

Tyler Lee Legacy @ Longview

WOS @ Silsbee

Tascosa@ Permian

Mineola @ FuckArtBriles

Martin @ Temple

Edited by Beau Vine

I didn't know he was missing a receiver.  Makes sense because I wasn't impressed with the receiving unit.

SLC played extremely conservative after getting up 21-0.  When Ewers was given the green light, it was on obvious passing downs.

His first int was a contested ball down the sidelines.  Really good plau by the db.

After my last vid, SLC stopped Rockwall and got the ball back with a min left.  Own 10.  Ewers completed 2 quick passed for 25 yds.  He then threw a deep ball down the sideline, which was picked.  The receiver lost the ball.  The DB turned and it was right there.

Austin High trailed Bowie the entire game last night before UT commit Charles Wright threw 3 4th qtr touchdowns and a 2-point conversion for the win.  496 yards, 6 passing TDs, and one 39 yard rushing TD on the night.  

I know they're not powerhouses but it was fun to see my two neighborhood schools go at it in a good game.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I didn't know he was missing a receiver.  Makes sense because I wasn't impressed with the receiving unit.
SLC played extremely conservative after getting up 21-0.  When Ewers was given the green light, it was on obvious passing downs.
His first int was a contested ball down the sidelines.  Really good plau by the db.
After my last vid, SLC stopped Rockwall and got the ball back with a min left.  Own 10.  Ewers completed 2 quick passed for 25 yds.  He then threw a deep ball down the sideline, which was picked.  The receiver lost the ball.  The DB turned and it was right there.

yeah, his #1 target is a 3️ committed to Minnesota, but I believe he broke his wrist last weekend so I assumed that hurt him last night. still solid numbers, and it seems like the defense didn’t help him out too much either.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thanks.  I don't know enough about football to know if Rockwall just made really good adjustments after the 1st qtr or what.  It was 21-0 and everything looked machine-like.  After that, it kind of looked like a Texas game.  Everything seemed so difficult.  Get a lead, dick around and go 3 and out.  Need a yard.  Get, barely a yard.  Need a 3rd and 7, drop a pass.  Hell, Rockwall was running so well late in the game, that they went tempo with the ball on SLC's 20, with the lead, and with 2 1/2 mins left. It almost cost them.  IIRC, they were snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock.  They scored a TD.  SLC scored a TD on the first play, then stopped Rockwall, got the ball back, then threw the last int.

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Austin High trailed Bowie the entire game last night before UT commit Charles Wright threw 3 4th qtr touchdowns and a 2-point conversion for the win.  496 yards, 6 passing TDs, and one 39 yard rushing TD on the night.  

I know they're not powerhouses but it was fun to see my two neighborhood schools go at it in a good game.  

He’ll never start here