2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

27 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Crosby takes down #3 Marshall 37-28
Crazy game. Marshall was up something like 14-9 going into the 4th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unranked Crosby has beaten the #5 ranked, the #4 ranked, and now the #3 ranked 5aD2 teams in consecutive weeks. Crazy run they're on.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ryan -17 

HP -7 

Final. That’s an upset imo, didn’t think Ryan could pull it off.

I mean yea I guess if the number 1 team in the state in 5A winning is an upset.  I get there is HP mystique but this is now I believe second season they have bowed out in round 4.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean yea I guess if the number 1 team in the state in 5A winning is an upset.  I get there is HP mystique but this is now I believe second season they have bowed out in round 4.  

I don’t put much stock in high school rankings. It’ll always be an upset anytime HP, Westlake, NS or Dville loses. But yeah 2 years in a row now for HP, they may be losing their luster somewhat. I used to have LT in that category but I have no idea what’s going on there. They haven’t won state in 4 years now I think & got bounced in round 1 this year. Westlake has passed them up big time.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t put much stock in high school rankings. It’ll always be an upset anytime HP, Westlake, NS or Dville loses. But yeah 2 years in a row now for HP, they may be losing their luster somewhat. I used to have LT in that category but I have no idea what’s going on there. They haven’t won state in 4 years now I think & got bounced in round 1 this year. Westlake has passed them up big time.

It was a pretty good thumping. 4th down stops kept score close-ish

Edited by TommyGufano

Today's been really fun.

The Red Oak-Summit district rematch was a sloppy, enjoyable game.  Jalen Rock had two KOR TDs to lead Summit to their first region title.  Summit rallied from 10 down with 6 minutes left.

Summit will get Ryan, which beat Highland Park in a 17-7 slugfest.  Ryan's D was dominant and the HP D kept the Scots in it by getting stops when they absolutely had to.  What it really came down to was that Ryan's talent edge was just way too much.  

The other 5AD1 game was Cedar Park outlasting Manvel 52-42.  CP was supposed to have one the best defenses in the state.  They seemingly led by 2 TDs nearly the whole first half, but Manvel blew up in the 3rd quarter, and actually took a 42-38 lead before CP's running game put it away.

Game of the day was in Bryan in 5AD2.  #3 FB Marshall led 21-9 with 10 minutes left, but the never-give-up kids from Crosby rallied for a 37-28 shocker.  RB Reggie Branch had 4 TDs and nearly 300 yards of total offense.  QB Deniquez Dunn (who's maybe my favorite player left in the playoffs) did his thing and also had an INT on D.  Marshall lost this game in the first quarter when they had 1st-and-goal on their first three possessions and didn't score.  Crosby has now beaten #5, #4, and #3 in consecutive weeks.  They'll get LH-Pioneer winner next week.

In 6A, North Shore beat Ridge Point 56-14.  I flipped it on only one time and saw Shad Banks score on a 91-yard TD.  The Mustangs finished with 545 yards, 383 on the ground.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Denton Ryan's talent is pretty overwhelming. Double digit FBS guys on that roster, 3 of which are top 50ish national type players and two more who are top 150ish national types. I get HP has the pedigree, but no, that is not an upset. Especially when Ryan is the one that made it to state last year, not HP.

Today's been really fun.
The Red Oak-Summit district rematch was a sloppy, enjoyable game.  Jalen Rock had two KOR TDs to lead Summit to their first region title.  Summit rallied from 10 down with 6 minutes left.
Summit will get Ryan, which beat Highland Park in a 17-7 slugfest.  Ryan's D was dominant and the HP D kept the Scots in it by getting stops when they absolutely had to.  What it really came down to was that Ryan's talent edge was just way too much.  
The other 5AD1 game was Cedar Park outlasting Manvel 52-42.  CP was supposed to have one the best defenses in the state.  They seemingly led by 2 TDs nearly the whole first half, but Manvel blew up in the 3rd quarter, and actually took a 42-38 lead before CP's running game put it away.
Game of the day was in Bryan in 5AD2.  #3 FB Marshall led 21-9 with 10 minutes left, but the never-give-up kids from Crosby rallied for a 37-28 shocker.  RB Reggie Branch had 4 TDs and nearly 300 yards of total offense.  QB Deniquez Dunn (who's maybe my favorite player left in the playoffs) did his thing and also had an INT on D.  Marshall lost this game in the first quarter when they had 1st-and-goal on their first three possessions and didn't score.  Crosby has now beaten #5, #4, and #3 in consecutive weeks.  They'll get LH-Pioneer winner next week.

In 6A, North Shore beat Ridge Point 56-14.  I flipped it on only one time and saw Shad Banks score on a 91-yard TD.  The Mustangs finished with 545 yards, 383 on the ground.

Lovejoy had Aledo down 10 in the 4th quarter, but then gave up a blocked QB pooch punt return TD and a KO return TD by Demarco Roberts. Roberts had over 250 rushing and 3 TDs and Aledo will win 52-48.

Aledo will get WF Rider, who won a 21-13 slugfest against rival Lubbock Cooper thanks to 2 rushing TDs from QB Jacob Rodriguez.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Aledo will get WF Rider, who won a 21-13 slugfest against rival Lubbock Cooper thanks to 2 rushing TDs from QB Jacob Rodriguez.

Didn’t think we had too many homies up in Wichita Falls. Kid seems pretty good, wonder what position he’ll play at UVA. 
Aledo has to be favored big in that matchup right? They always have a few D1 guys, I don’t think Rider has any outside of QB.

• Like 1

Didn’t think we had too many homies up in Wichita Falls. Kid seems pretty good, wonder what position he’ll play at UVA. 
Aledo has to be favored big in that matchup right? They always have a few D1 guys, I don’t think Rider has any outside of QB.

Rider has 2 D1 DE's and a WR.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Lovejoy had Aledo down 10 in the 4th quarter, but then gave up a blocked QB pooch punt return TD and a KO return TD by Demarco Roberts. Roberts had over 250 rushing and 3 TDs and Aledo will win 52-48.

I meant to ask this before, isn't Roho your AM? I seem to recall you mentioning that?

I meant to ask this before, isn't Roho your AM? I seem to recall you mentioning that?
No, Denton, but Rider was our big rival when I was in HS, especially in basketball, my sport.

We have had a Roho grad on here in the past, but I can't remember who, but he should show up this week. Edit: Googles tell me that it is @Redneck Mutha.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guyer beat Prosper 30-24 in 3 OT.  Future Heisman Trophy winner Eli Stowers went 4-11 for 64 yards and 2 INT and rushed 11 times for 24 yards in regulation, which ended 10-10, but he rushed for all 3 Guyer TDs in OT.

Hays is fucking blistering Vandegrift, 38-10 with 5 minutes left.  The game was 7-6 at halftime, then Hays got a lead and Vandegrift felt like they had to pass and have thrown 3 INTs.  Hays will kick Katy's ass next week!

• Hook 'Em 1