2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I've been quietly waiting to comment on your uninformed post for a week now.

Actually, I usually really like your posts in general, but I am gloating. Let's see if you come on and eat crow. 

Our Chaps are going to STATE baby!!!! Never count out Todd Dodge!!!!

I didn't say it, but I was thinking it 😬

Westlake won this game hands down, no fluke. They looked every bit as athletic as NS.

• Hook 'Em 3

6AD2

Cedar Hill 27 Guyer 17  CH trailed 10-7 after the 1stQ, but got rolling after that.  Salter and Stowers both put up similar number of yards, but Salter had a much higher completion percentage and Stowers threw threw 3 picks.  

Katy 63 Hays 7  Just a complete mismatch, but I hope there's not a single person associated with the Hays program who's not completely thrilled with their season.  This will be Katy's 16th state championship game appearance, but the first since 2015.  Cedar Hill and Katy played for the title three years in a row (12-14) with CH winning the last two.  

6AD1

Westlake 24 North Shore 21  Westlake breaks NS's 29-game winning streak and 16-game playoff win streak thanks to a TD with 1:40 left.  It seemed like the Chaps' D-line was dominating, but NS ended up  with over 260 yards rushing, 144 by Banks, who primarily played RB for some reason. I was also really surprised NS didn't bubble-screen Banks more.  

I'm watching SLC-Dunc on tape delay.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, @Helobious I also really like your posts, but are you still gonna stand by this gem from this week, lol?

NS has blown out 5 teams this year (Manvel, Atascocita, Dawson, Tompkins, Ridge Point) that would crush anyone Westlake has played. CE King & Shadow Creek were no slouches either. 

To be fair, that's still a true statement.  Just because you've played a shitty schedule doesn't mean you're the worse team.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, @Helobious I also really like your posts, but are you still gonna stand by this gem from this week, lol?

NS has blown out 5 teams this year (Manvel, Atascocita, Dawson, Tompkins, Ridge Point) that would crush anyone Westlake has played. CE King & Shadow Creek were no slouches either. 

Surly-Please.jpg

Yes? How is that not still a true statement? I picked NS to win by 7 points and they lost by 3 points. Not exactly wildly off base.

Yeah Ewers looks rather mediocre today, can’t imagine what the chap defense will do to him now that they’re battle tested. I’ll put it down right now, Westlake wins state 31-7. Literally doesn’t matter if SLC wins or Duncanville pulls off the miracle, same prediction. North Shore is better than both those teams by a considerable margin. 

Katy - Cedar Hill part IV will be the fun game to watch. Beau is right, Salter is salty. That’ll be a close game.

43 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I've been quietly waiting to comment on your uninformed post for a week now.

Actually, I usually really like your posts in general, but I am gloating. Let's see if you come on and eat crow. 

Our Chaps are going to STATE baby!!!! Never count out Todd Dodge!!!!

Surly-Worthy-Pose.jpg

Will eat crow. Please provide recipe and rub my face in it 

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’d love some championship revenge against those guys. Can’t believe they still do the hair shit. 

I didn't know this was still a thing. This was popular when I was in high school (99-03). Hell, I even took part in it my freshman year. Not sure where the fad came from. Maybe Eminem? 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Samples is never going to win it all. If he could not win a title with these teams he had at Dville and the ones he had at Skyine, there is no hope for him.

The heartbreaks were the last 2 years when he had JQJ. He didn’t have the best team this year. Even if they had beaten SLC today, they weren’t going to beat Westlake or North Shore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The heartbreaks were the last 2 years when he had JQJ. He didn’t have the best team this year. Even if they had beaten SLC today, they weren’t going to beat Westlake or North Shore.

Don't forget the heartbreaks he had at Skyline. Had a big lead on SLC in 2011 in the semis. SLC won after recovering a controversial onside kick. I was at that game at SMU's stadium. In 2014 had a big lead on Allen in the semis and blew that.

And lost at Lincoln in state where the opposing team disrupted a 2pt or extra point and took it the other way for the win. The hail mary 2 years ago. He's cursed.

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Don't forget the heartbreaks he had at Skyline. Had a big lead on SLC in 2011 in the semis. SLC won after recovering a controversial onside kick. I was at that game at SMU's stadium. In 2014 had a big lead on Allen in the semis and blew that.

And lost at Lincoln in state where the opposing team disrupted a 2pt or extra point and took it the other way for the win. The hail mary 2 years ago. He's cursed.

Yeah, the Samples curse is alive and well. I used to kill him for the gaffes at Skyline, but when JQJ blew his knee out in the semis last year, I just felt bad for him and stopped piling on. He has the worst luck.

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yeah, the Samples curse is alive and well. I used to kill him for the gaffes at Skyline, but when JQJ blew his knee out in the semis last year, I just felt bad for him and stopped piling on. He has the worst luck.

And weren't they up 28 or 35 on Rockwall when it happened? He didn't even need to be out there but it's hard to think like that as you can get injured on any play of any game.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And weren't they up 28 or 35 on Rockwall when it happened? He didn't even need to be out there but it's hard to think like that as you can get injured on any play of any game.

They were up big, but I think it was only the 2nd qtr. I don’t blame him for that, most coaches aren’t pulling guys in the 2nd qtr. Just shit luck.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I didn't know this was still a thing. This was popular when I was in high school (99-03). Hell, I even took part in it my freshman year. Not sure where the fad came from. Maybe Eminem? 

Some RGV schools do it, Harlingen included. I think we started doing it in the mid 2000s.

San Antonio Lanier's basketball team famously still does it for the playoffs, almost as a joke. It's a trip seeing a bunch of short blonde hispanic kids take the court, but they can really ball. Fun team to watch play. 

ratio3x2_1150.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Some RGV schools do it, Harlingen included. I think we started doing it in the mid 2000s.

San Antonio Lanier's basketball team famously still does it for the playoffs, almost as a joke. It's a trip seeing a bunch of short blonde hispanic kids take the court, but they can really ball. Fun team to watch play. 

ratio3x2_1150.jpg

I am not sure if SLC does it just for the playoffs or year around. This was popular when I was in high school year around. Actually started popping up when I was in  middle school. I think Eminem going mainstream had some to do with it for the white kids. But it could have evolved to just something like hockey players never shaving in the playoffs.

I watched the North Shore / Westlake game - I seriously thought Westlake had no chance coming in.  Westlake's D was legit, and Klubnik made the plays to win.  My hat's off to those guys. 

As a Rice alum, I'm also stoked to see Michael Taaffe play for the Owls (I heard he was committed, but 247 doesn't say "committed").  Since my Highland Park Scots have already been eliminated, I'll cheer for the Chaps.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yes? How is that not still a true statement? I picked NS to win by 7 points and they lost by 3 points. Not exactly wildly off base.

Absolutely, that is a legit statement and I always like your takes. I just so proud of our team and I told you guys that we had a really special team this year and not to be surprised if we beat beat North Shore. 

It's been such a disconnect watching Westlake on Fridays and the Horns on Saturdays and wondering why our freaking HS team is so much better coached than a college team. That's what really helped me to focus my hate onTom Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 2