2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

6AD2

Cedar Hill 27 Guyer 17  CH trailed 10-7 after the 1stQ, but got rolling after that.  Salter and Stowers both put up similar number of yards, but Salter had a much higher completion percentage and Stowers threw threw 3 picks.  

Katy 63 Hays 7  Just a complete mismatch, but I hope there's not a single person associated with the Hays program who's not completely thrilled with their season.  This will be Katy's 16th state championship game appearance, but the first since 2015.  Cedar Hill and Katy played for the title three years in a row (12-14) with CH winning the last two.  

6AD1

Westlake 24 North Shore 21  Westlake breaks NS's 29-game winning streak and 16-game playoff win streak thanks to a TD with 1:40 left.  It seemed like the Chaps' D-line was dominating, but NS ended up  with over 260 yards rushing, 144 by Banks, who primarily played RB for some reason. I was also really surprised NS didn't bubble-screen Banks more.  

SLC 34 Duncanville 27  This was a bigger upset than Westlake, as SLC was severely undersized on both sides of the ball, but manned up and physically beat the huge, athletic Panther team.    Ewers didn't even play that well (11-25-168 1 TD), but soph RB Owen Allen had 192 yards and 2 TD and 53 receiving.  Duncanville actually had more total yards (barely), but were held scoreless in the second half.  The Panthers had eliminated the Dragons two years in a row, by scores of 49-35 and 51-7.

Edited for SLC.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

As a Rice alum, I'm also stoked to see Michael Taaffe play for the Owls (I heard he was committed, but 247 doesn't say "committed").  Since my Highland Park Scots have already been eliminated, I'll cheer for the Chaps.

DJ Arkansas, MLB for Ryan, is also a Rice commit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, cafe society said:

Most of you here are too young to remember the old Celtics announcer, Johnny Most.  He was hysterically biased.  "Parish with the rebound... Parish up for the follow, HACKED, no call... HACKED again, still no call... HACKED a third time, still no call."

Obviously you've never listened to Sean Elliott call a Spurs game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Katy vs Westlake would have been a great match matchup between two of the best coaching staffs around. 

Ironically Katy has a higher enrollment than both teams in the D1 game. 

How do they assign schools to Divisions? I thought higher enrollment schools were D1?

How do they assign schools to Divisions? I thought higher enrollment schools were D1?

Of the four teams to make the playoffs from each district, the larger two go Division 1. But there are districts where the smaller schools are larger than all or most of the schools in other districts.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I didn't know this was still a thing. This was popular when I was in high school (99-03). Hell, I even took part in it my freshman year. Not sure where the fad came from. Maybe Eminem? 

did you go to southlake?  and did you play football?

Edited by futureman

18 minutes ago, futureman said:

you friends with dabryan blanton?

Nope but he was one year ahead of me. He was starting on varisty halfway into his freshman year. One of the fastest players I have seen in person. He went to OU on a track scholarship. I saw him run at the Texas Relays when I was in college. No idea what he is up to these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Here are some stats for the 2020 Westlake Chaps.

Of course, we could still lose to Southlake Carroll and their esteemed QB, (whom I am grateful to for contributing to Turtle's demise,) but this is still one of our best teams ever.

Westlake Chaps 2020

Record 13-0

Current win streak: 23

Points scored:   685

Points against:  72

Average score 52-5

Points scored against San Antonio Stevens: 71

Shutouts: 6

Minutes trailing this season: 3 minutes 13 seconds

Times Cibolo Steele crossed the 50 yard line: 1

North Shore 2020 average score: 48-14

Points scored vs Westlake: 21

North Shore winning streak before Westlake game: 27 games

Southlake Carroll record 13-1

Average score 46-25

Chaps.png

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Every time we get to this point in the season and it's time for the championship games, I think to myself "damn...Ric Renner is weird looking."

His hair gets weirder every year. Wonder if it has its own Twitter account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Here are some stats for the 2020 Westlake Chaps.

Of course, we could still lose to Southlake Carroll and their esteemed QB, (whom I am grateful to for contributing to Turtle's demise,) but this is still one of our best teams ever.

Westlake Chaps 2020

Record 13-0

Current win streak: 23

Points scored:   685

Points against:  72

Average score 52-5

Points scored against San Antonio Stevens: 71

Shutouts: 6

Minutes trailing this season: 3 minutes 13 seconds

Times Cibolo Steele crossed the 50 yard line: 1

North Shore 2020 average score: 48-14

Points scored vs Westlake: 21

North Shore winning streak before Westlake game: 27 games

Southlake Carroll record 13-1

Average score 46-25

Chaps.png

Impressive stats no doubt. Worth noting however that Steele had a putrid offense this year. Held under 26 points in 9 out of 13 games this year. Shutting them out isn’t saying much. I don’t know what it’ll take but them being down like they’ve been is bad for SA. 

I’m pulling for SLC in the title game since they’ll be huge underdogs, no disrespect to the Chaps. The trailer trash look is pretty funny as well so that nets them some points. 

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

Impressive stats no doubt. Worth noting however that Steele had a putrid offense this year. Held under 26 points in 9 out of 13 games this year. Shutting them out isn’t saying much. I don’t know what it’ll take but them being down like they’ve been is bad for SA. 

I’m pulling for SLC in the title game since they’ll be huge underdogs, no disrespect to the Chaps. The trailer trash look is pretty funny as well so that nets them some points. 

Dang it. I was hoping that you wouldn't continue to reveal that we've only beaten crummy teams. As you said before, if only we had beaten those unstoppable powerhouses, Katy Tompkins and Atascocita. Maybe the season could have been a success.  

Edited by TreatyOak
I misspelled the name of that perennial powerhouse whose name alone strikes fear in high school coaches across America, Katy Tompkins.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2