Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

9 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Screw that.  The company will get multiple drugs approved, conquer cancer, and the stock will make us a shitload of money. 

I worked for a company that was working on doing just that; only problem was they were 10+ years and about $120 million in primarily VC funds into actually delivering  financial results. I left when they were 90+ days behind on payables, and struggling to meet payroll.

But awesome science

14 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I worked for a company that was working on doing just that; only problem was they were 10+ years and about $120 million in primarily VC funds into actually delivering  financial results. I left when they were 90+ days behind on payables, and struggling to meet payroll.

But awesome science

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

$8.42. Close enough. Canwehaz the $11 you promised?

The price of uranium has risen from $49/lb at the beginning of the year to today’s price of $66/lb.  Yes, we can have $11.  Holding 20,000 shares of UUUU with a cost basis of $6.19.  This stuff is fun when it works.

EOSE +.34 to $2.62.  This doesn’t hurt…..

“Eos Z3™ Energy Storage System Selected by Dominion Energy Virginia for Groundbreaking New Pilot Project

Globe Newswire10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time Sep 19, 2023

EDISON, N.J., Sept. 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eos Energy Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: EOSE) ("Eos"), a leading provider of safe, scalable, efficient, and sustainable zinc-powered long-duration stationary energy storage systems, has been selected by Dominion Energy Virginia (Dominion Energy) to provide 16 MWh of storage to participate in a groundbreaking pilot project that is expected to strengthen the resiliency of the region’s electrical grid. 

The Darbytown Storage Pilot Project would measure the performance of the Eos Z3™ zinc-hybrid energy storage system across multiple use cases. Eos’s manufactured in America system is focused on providing safe, reliable, and flexible long-duration storage that is critical to efficiently harness power from clean energy sources like wind and solar. The Eos Z3 energy system strives to address the intermittency of renewable energy by storing energy when there is excess supply and then discharging that energy when the sun is not shining, or the wind is not blowing. In this project, the Eos Z3 system’s primary use case would provide Dominion Energy customers with four hours of discharge capacity; however, the Eos Z3 battery provides the flexibility to be configured for discharging energy across a wide operating range that can be as little as three hours and up to twelve hours.

“We are proud to have been selected for this critical project. Eos was founded on the belief that renewable energy sources require long duration storage to fully maximize their contribution to the energy mix. Dominion Energy understands that challenge and also that meeting those needs requires multiple storage technologies,” said Marshall Chapin, Chief Customer Officer of Eos Energy Enterprises. “We’re excited for the opportunity to showcase the performance of our zinc-hybrid Eos Z3 energy system to one of the country’s premier utilities, Dominion Energy.”

“Battery storage is a key component in making the grid increasingly clean,” said Ed Baine, President of Dominion Energy Virginia. “We are excited about this pilot project and partnering with Eos Energy Enterprises on its zinc-hybrid technology, which provides a safer alternative to conventional lithium-ion batteries.”

If approved by both the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) and Henrico County, construction on the project would begin at the Darbytown Power Station by late 2024 and be operational by late 2026. The total project would store up to 11 MW of electricity and power up to 2,750 homes in the region, with Eos contributing 4 MW or 16 MWh.

The Darbytown project, proposed in a filing made on September 18th to the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC), comes as Dominion is in the process of developing the largest offshore wind project in the U.S. and continuing to grow the second-largest solar power fleet nationwide.

In addition to a longer duration, Eos Z3 batteries present several other advantages over more traditional energy storage systems. Eos Z3™ modules are inherently nonflammable. With a water-based electrolyte and flame-retardant polymer framing, there’s minimal risk of thermal runaway. When fully charged, they’re at most mildly acidic (pH 2-4 range). Even when overcharged, the predominant outgassing component is water vapor.”

The biggest red flag to me is that the company has been around since 1987, they have been publicly traded since at least 2007, they have changed business plans multiple times, and yet somehow they are still a pre-revenue company. Go to their website and try to find any conclusive statements about revenue projections, or even when they expect to start generating revenue? As far as I can tell, their actual business plan is just to continue to issue OTC stock and keep a handful of people employed.

image.png.8b9c591ba4646edfe14d7754410de5e5.png

Its possible that battery recycling will finally be the homerun they have been searching for the last 40 years, but until they start generating revenue I'd probably hold off. I also strongly suspect they only have less than 10 employees. Probably closer to 5.

https://recyclico.com/team/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/recyclico-battery-materials-inc/people/

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

The biggest red flag to me is that the company has been around since 1987, they have been publicly traded since at least 2007, they have changed business plans multiple times, and yet somehow they are still a pre-revenue company. Go to their website and try to find any conclusive statements about revenue projections, or even when they expect to start generating revenue? As far as I can tell, their actual business plan is just to continue to issue OTC stock and keep a handful of people employed.

image.png.8b9c591ba4646edfe14d7754410de5e5.png

Its possible that battery recycling will finally be the homerun they have been searching for the last 40 years, but until they start generating revenue I'd probably hold off. I also strongly suspect they only have less than 10 employees. Probably closer to 5.

https://recyclico.com/team/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/recyclico-battery-materials-inc/people/

My whiskey fund thanks you.

19 minutes ago, NYTransplant said:

My whiskey fund thanks you.

Despite what I said, like any thinly traded penny stock you can absolutely hit a 50% gain in one day if you time it correctly just because of a press release. But as a buy and hold candidate that will keep sustained gains and eventually become a player in the battery recycling game, I don't see it. There are plenty of well funded competitors in the space that hire actual engineers and stuff as opposed to a CFO, two marketing guys, a PR person and a handful of consultants/advisors.

Compare and contrast with a company like Li-Cycle (LICY). I'm certainly not recommending them as I dont know shit about their tech. But over the last 4 years, they have grown revenue to $20M+, they are building out infrastructure, they partner with companies I have actually heard of (Glencore), and they have hundreds of employees on linked-in including many with titles that include the word "engineer".

https://www.linkedin.com/company/li-cycle/people/

Most importantly they have money: 

At June 30, 2023, Li-Cycle had cash on hand of $288.8 million. During the quarter, the Company's capital spend was $78.4 million, primarily driven by the procurement of equipment and construction materials and services for the Rochester Hub. On February 27, 2023, the Company entered into a conditional commitment with the DOE for a loan of up to $375 million through its Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Program, in support of the Rochester Hub development. The Company progressed the loan documentation to final stages and is currently on track to execute and close in September 2023.

Li-cycle may fail as well, but at least its a serious venture that's actually trying to build a business. The fact that AMYZF has a market cap about half the size of LICY just goes to show you that OTC stocks are the wild west. 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials and Zenith Chemical Announce a US$25 Million Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Joint Venture in Taiwan

Published on

June 12, 2023

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. (“RecycLiCo”), a battery materials company specializing in the development of novel and environmentally friendly lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technologies, is pleased to announce it has entered a 50-50 joint venture with Zenith Chemical Corporation (“Zenith”) to build a 2,000 metric ton per year lithium-ion battery recycling plant in Taiwan. The initial plant, estimated to cost US$25 million will be dedicated to processing and converting lithium-ion battery waste into valuable resources such as lithium-ion battery precursor cathode active material, lithium hydroxide monohydrate, and lithium carbonate. 

The parties have agreed to build their first commercial scale battery recycling facility and contribute 50% of the required capital in three initial stages, with the balance being advanced as required to fund construction and start-up costs. The Zenith contribution (50%) will be funded in cash and RecycLiCo will receive a 10% interest in the joint venture company in return for a license of its technology, with the balance (40%) of its interest in cash. 

In building the first commercial battery recycling plant, based on RecycLiCo’s technology, the joint venture combines the extensive expertise, resources, and novel technology of both RecycLiCo and Zenith. The joint venture facility will leverage RecycLiCo’s lithium-ion battery recycling process and Zenith’s existing land, infrastructure, and labor resources in Taiwan. 

Since signing a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) in February 2022, RecycLiCo and Zenith have successfully collaborated with a leading battery materials company to validate the RecycLiCo process and to confirm the quality of its high-nickel cathode precursors and lithium chemical products.  

Zenith specializes in the production of nickel-based chemicals, including high-purity nickel sulfate for lithium-ion batteries. Zenith’s products have gained recognition and qualification from major cathode producers worldwide. Zenith also has a shareholding partnership with Hanwa Co., Ltd, a large publicly traded Japanese distribution company known for its expertise in lithium-ion battery-related materials. Additionally, Zenith collaborates, through a joint venture, with Central Glass Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese publicly traded company specializing in fluorine-based chemicals, and cater to the semiconductor and lithium-ion battery markets. 

Zarko Meseldzija, CEO of RecycLiCo, comments, “By leveraging our collective strengths and expertise, we are confident in our ability to make a significant impact in the battery recycling industry, supporting the circular economy, and demonstrating the efficiency of our process on a commercial scale. This partnership signifies a crucial step forward in our business plan and represents an exciting opportunity for the battery recycling landscape.” 

Paul Hildebrand, Chairman of RecycLiCo, added:  “Zenith is an ideal partner for our first joint venture on several levels. They have deep technical expertise in chemical processing, and established infrastructure, which will enable us to move swiftly and efficiently toward production.   Zenith has extensive contacts in the lithium-ion battery field, and as a private company, they possess a dynamic and flexible management team capable of reacting quickly to emerging opportunities. I extend my gratitude to the management teams from both Zenith and RecycLiCo for their commitment and dedication in bringing this agreement to fruition.” 

James Fang, Chairman of Zenith Chemicals, comments, “I am pleased to announce our joint venture and look forward to working closely with RecycLiCo to establish the first commercial recycling plant in the world, based on RecycLiCo’s proprietary technology.” 

As an incentive to enter the joint venture, RecycLiCo will receive a royalty on net product sales and Zenith will receive 4,000,000 RecycLiCo shares and 6,000,000 share purchase warrants. The warrants will have a five-year term, and an exercise price based on the weighted average trading price for the 30-day period preceding the agreement. All securities issued under the joint venture agreement will have a four-month hold period, and the joint venture agreement is subject to acceptance by the TSX Venture Exchange and Investment Commission, Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Republic of China (“ICMOEA”).

About RecycLiCo
RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. is a battery materials company specializing in sustainable lithium-ion battery recycling and materials production. RecycLiCo has developed advanced technologies that efficiently recover battery-grade materials from lithium-ion batteries, addressing the global demand for environmentally friendly solutions in energy storage. With minimal processing steps and up to 99% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel,and manganese, the patented, closed-loop hydrometallurgical process turns lithium-ion battery waste into battery-grade cathode precursor, lithium hydroxide, and lithium carbonate for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries.

About Zenith
Zenith Chemical Corporation, a Taiwanese company, specializes in the production of nickel-based chemicals, including high-purity nickel sulfate for lithium-ion batteries. With a strong focus on serving the lithium-ion battery industry, Zenith’s products have gained recognition and qualification from major cathode producers worldwide. The company also has a shareholding partnership with Hanwa Co., Ltd, a large publicly traded Japanese distribution company known for its expertise in lithium-ion battery-related materials. Additionally, Zenith collaborates, through a joint venture, with Central Glass Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese publicly traded company specializing in fluorine-based chemicals, and cater to the semiconductor and lithium-ion battery markets. 

For more information, please contact:

Investor Services
Telephone: 778-574-4444
Email: InvestorServices@recyclico.com

The plant is expected to be completed in 2024.

9 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Now it only has to get to $17-$20 to cover up the IBRX, AMYZF, BPTH, etc mess in my portfolio FML/LOL/LSIDC

Well, Miss America is on your side.

IMG_2103.jpeg.5380b42185c043a0a0388b6d99da96c9.jpeg

https://themessenger.com/entertainment/miss-america-grace-stanke-fronts-us-nuclear-energy-efforts

When did these pageant ladies become so damn intelligent?

• Hook 'Em 1