Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I feel like I should give everyone a heads up that I am mostly getting out of stonks - only keeping UUUU, BPTH, AMYZF, so dumping things like IBRX, ABML and a few others because it is time to clean up my act, focus on investments over speculation, and reevaluate what I've done with my life and my money (or what there is left of the money)

tldr: buy IBRX, ABML, HMBL, TSNP, ALPP, MSNVF, CLOV, FLYLF, TNXP, TNYFF, SNVP, WDLF, PFMS  (I am sure there were a few others, that is from my account summary, and a couple of spreadsheets that tracked how I lost money from sometime in 2017 through today)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yeah a short report alleging their biggest current buyer on back log is fraudulent.  If real it is pretty serious.

https://iceberg-research.com/2023/07/27/62-of-eoses-backlog-is-with-financially-distressed-bridgelink-whose-renewable-energy-assets-were-foreclosed-and-auctioned-off-in-may/

EOSE is basically a binary situation now. They get a fat loan from the government  or they go out of business. In the TTM, they had revenue of $23.5M and the COGS on that revenue was $144M. In addition to that bleak picture, the interest service on their mountain of debt was another $35M. And then go ahead and tack on another $80M in operating expenses, and you have a money losing machine.

If their backlog is bullshit, and I tend to believe it is highly inflated, there really isn't justification for keeping it alive. The IP might have some value, but sell it to a company that knows how to get shit done other than issue more stock options to management. 

11 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Iceberg Research also did a hit piece on EOSE in January 2021.  They probably shorted more into the “news” to trigger stop losses.  The stock’s recovered from a low today of $1.24 to the current sp of $2.66.  Not.  Selling. 

Everything Is Fine Goodbye GIF

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Iceberg Research also did a hit piece on EOSE in January 2021.  They probably shorted more into the “news” to trigger stop losses.  The stock’s recovered from a low today of $1.24 to the current sp of $2.66.  Not.  Selling. 

I used the opportunity to buy a bunch at 1.85.  Stonks for life baby!

• Hook 'Em 2

Eos Energy Enterprises Provides Preliminary Results & Issues Statement Regarding Its Customer Commitments and Backlog

Globe Newswire8:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time Jul 27, 2023

EDISON, N.J., July 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eos Energy Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: EOSE) (“Eos” or the “Company”), a leading provider of safe, scalable, efficient, and sustainable zinc-based energy storage systems, today announced that it expects to record revenue of $0.2 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, as the Company transitions manufacturing to the Eos Z3™ battery, with expected second quarter gross margin to improve by 20% to 50% over the prior quarter, cash balance (excluding restricted cash) of $23.2 million as of June 30, 2023, and booked orders of $86.9 million for the first half of 2023.

The Company also issues the following response to statements made about its customer backlog in external reports, republished and amplified on social media, regarding two of the Company’s customers:

International Electric Power, LLC (“IEP”), who was referred to as a “dubious counterparty”, has partnered with Eos since 2020 to co-develop two energy projects in Texas, with Eos providing upfront funding that was repaid when the project secured financing. The first of these projects is currently scheduled to break ground later this summer with product shipments expected in 2023.

The report also referred to legal proceedings involving multiple Bridgelink legal entities. The Company believes that its customer, Bridgelink Commodities, LLC, is a separate legal entity which is not implicated in the legal matters highlighted in today’s statements. This customer, representing 45% of the Company's backlog, reconfirmed today that it continues to build pipeline and is actively seeking financing for energy storage projects covered by Eos’s multi-year Master Supply Agreement.

Eos’ commercial pipeline remains strong and continues to grow in line with independent third party market forecasts. The Company believes its long-term business fundamentals are strongly supported by the secular shift occurring in the energy industry requiring long duration energy storage.

The Company continues to progress through the Department of Energy (DOE) Loan Programs Office’s (LPO) process for its Title XVII loan and is awaiting a conditional approval decision which may be taking longer due to changes from the recent Interim Final Rule announced in May. If approved, the conditional commitment would be the result of a thorough and rigorous due diligence program conducted by the LPO and multiple external industry experts to evaluate the Company’s technology and its ability to meet certain market and financial expectations.

The Eos Z3 transition is fully underway, and the first semi-automated battery manufacturing line is installed and ready to start commercial production. Eos Z3 batteries utilize the same chemistry, which has over 3 million cycles, that incorporates a new mechanical design aimed at improving performance, lowering cost and increasing manufacturability. The Company expects to deliver its first customer orders from this line in the third quarter. Eos’s progression to the Z3 battery incorporates valuable lessons learned from the past 15 years into a new system design which the Company expects to result in efficiencies as it develops its new state-of-the-art manufacturing line.

Eos will release its full second quarter 2023 financial results after the U.S. market closes on August 14, 2023. A conference call to discuss its results will take place the following morning on August 15 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.

A live webcast of the call will be available on the “Investor Relations” page of the Company’s website at  https://investors.eo.... To access the call by phone, please register in advance using this link ( registration link), and you will be provided with dial in details via email upon registration. To avoid delays, we encourage participants to dial into the conference call fifteen minutes ahead of the scheduled start time.

The conference call replay will be available via webcast through Eos’ investor relations website for twelve months following the live presentation. The webcast replay will be available from 11:30 a.m. ET on August 15, 2023, and can be accessed by visiting  https://investors.eo....

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

If you have to use a decimal point, things aren't great.

Also, 200K with 23.2 million of free cash? That's pretty poor cash management or else it's hiding a bunch of losses. 

I'm to lazy to see when they received the cash; I'd be more interested in the story of $200k in sales with $86.0 million in orders>
Investor reaction to this release is not very good, but then again a 15% drop is nothing for a true stonk investment.

3 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Eos Energy Enterprises Provides Preliminary Results & Issues Statement Regarding Its Customer Commitments and Backlog

Globe Newswire8:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time Jul 27, 2023

EDISON, N.J., July 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eos Energy Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: EOSE) (“Eos” or the “Company”), a leading provider of safe, scalable, efficient, and sustainable zinc-based energy storage systems, today announced that it expects to record revenue of $0.2 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, as the Company transitions manufacturing to the Eos Z3™ battery, with expected second quarter gross margin to improve by 20% to 50% over the prior quarter, cash balance (excluding restricted cash) of $23.2 million as of June 30, 2023, and booked orders of $86.9 million for the first half of 2023.

The Company also issues the following response to statements made about its customer backlog in external reports, republished and amplified on social media, regarding two of the Company’s customers:

International Electric Power, LLC (“IEP”), who was referred to as a “dubious counterparty”, has partnered with Eos since 2020 to co-develop two energy projects in Texas, with Eos providing upfront funding that was repaid when the project secured financing. The first of these projects is currently scheduled to break ground later this summer with product shipments expected in 2023.

The report also referred to legal proceedings involving multiple Bridgelink legal entities. The Company believes that its customer, Bridgelink Commodities, LLC, is a separate legal entity which is not implicated in the legal matters highlighted in today’s statements. This customer, representing 45% of the Company's backlog, reconfirmed today that it continues to build pipeline and is actively seeking financing for energy storage projects covered by Eos’s multi-year Master Supply Agreement.

Eos’ commercial pipeline remains strong and continues to grow in line with independent third party market forecasts. The Company believes its long-term business fundamentals are strongly supported by the secular shift occurring in the energy industry requiring long duration energy storage.

The Company continues to progress through the Department of Energy (DOE) Loan Programs Office’s (LPO) process for its Title XVII loan and is awaiting a conditional approval decision which may be taking longer due to changes from the recent Interim Final Rule announced in May. If approved, the conditional commitment would be the result of a thorough and rigorous due diligence program conducted by the LPO and multiple external industry experts to evaluate the Company’s technology and its ability to meet certain market and financial expectations.

The Eos Z3 transition is fully underway, and the first semi-automated battery manufacturing line is installed and ready to start commercial production. Eos Z3 batteries utilize the same chemistry, which has over 3 million cycles, that incorporates a new mechanical design aimed at improving performance, lowering cost and increasing manufacturability. The Company expects to deliver its first customer orders from this line in the third quarter. Eos’s progression to the Z3 battery incorporates valuable lessons learned from the past 15 years into a new system design which the Company expects to result in efficiencies as it develops its new state-of-the-art manufacturing line.

Eos will release its full second quarter 2023 financial results after the U.S. market closes on August 14, 2023. A conference call to discuss its results will take place the following morning on August 15 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time.

A live webcast of the call will be available on the “Investor Relations” page of the Company’s website at  https://investors.eo.... To access the call by phone, please register in advance using this link ( registration link), and you will be provided with dial in details via email upon registration. To avoid delays, we encourage participants to dial into the conference call fifteen minutes ahead of the scheduled start time.

The conference call replay will be available via webcast through Eos’ investor relations website for twelve months following the live presentation. The webcast replay will be available from 11:30 a.m. ET on August 15, 2023, and can be accessed by visiting  https://investors.eo....

LawyerLie.gif.55052649363c0876ed26a299a9f4e06a.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

LawyerLie.gif.55052649363c0876ed26a299a9f4e06a.gif

They seem to say the short thesis on both companies is BS. IEP has already refunded EOS money that EOS put up front on two projects that are being started this year. They seem to be saying the Bridgelink cited by short sellers isn’t the BridgeLink Commodities LLC c\EOS does business with and confirmed they are still working on funding more projects per the master supply agreement.  Does that help?

47 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

They seem to say the short thesis on both companies is BS. IEP has already refunded EOS money that EOS put up front on two projects that are being started this year. They seem to be saying the Bridgelink cited by short sellers isn’t the BridgeLink Commodities LLC c\EOS does business with and confirmed they are still working on funding more projects per the master supply agreement.  Does that help?

Lulz. I can read...... I was just equating EOSE's response to Nathan Sturm from SNL. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

gotta admit, I was hoping that starting up the new nuclear power plant in Georgia would stimulate UUUU and the whole related base of nuke power stocks. Guess this is a case of sell the news, because it is old news.

If things in Niger continue to go south, I bet it'll spike. They are a major exporter of uranium.

I imagine the near-constant drip of threats to the ZNPP over the past year have depressed prices. 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Stonk "investor/gambler" question of the day - if you have a stonk that is down over 90% do you:
a) sell and get a little cash out of it, because that is better than nothing
b) hold and hope to recoup some of your losses
c) double or triple down because when it comes back it will certainly be worth it
d) buy at least 5x at these low prices, so you can trade into the coming upside and still keep more than your original investment

What say you Surly (for the record not IBRX, but rather BPTH)

oh, I almost forgot - asking for a friend

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Stonk "investor/gambler" question of the day - if you have a stonk that is down over 90% do you:
c) double or triple down because when it comes back it will certainly be worth it
d) buy at least 5x at these low prices, so you can trade into the coming upside and still keep more than your original investment

Monkey Puppet GIF

e) never log into the STONK account and act like it never happened

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

^^^

i find most retail investors hold their losers way to long and sell their winners way to quickly. The psychology of this is you sell winners because it makes you feel good and smart. But you hold losers because you don’t want to admit a mistake and feel bad. But it makes no sense to sell a stock that’s doing what you anticipated but keep a holding stuff that doesn’t   You end up with a portfolio of nothing but losers 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

e) the opposite of whatever Wally does.

I usually hold and forget it exists, unless I actually think it has a future (most of my stonks I don't think have a real future). If I do, I'll buy in more and forget it all exists. So, something c or d. But when you say 2x or 5x, are you referring to dollar value or to number of shares?

Getting to be that time for my annual hurricane gamble. HCI is an insurance provider that focuses on the Florida market. Last year around this time, the stock was trading over $70 and by the time Hurricane season was over, the stock bottomed out under $30 due to Hurricane Ian. Since that time, the stock has recovered and spiked to almost $70 on earnings this week, before settling down in the low 60's. 

Its been a pretty quiet tropical storm season so far, but with the water temperatures at an all time high, the potential for devastating hurricanes the next couple of months is there. Latest update from NOAA released today

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/noaa-forecasters-increase-atlantic-hurricane-season-prediction-to-above-normal

HCI's options aren't real liquid, but they tend to trade in higher volumes when a hurricane enters the picture. Its a pure gamble that has worked out for me in the past, but I usually wait until a named storm is on the horizon before pulling the trigger. This year I'm keeping my eye on those October puts in the $45-$50 range, and may just keep throwing out low bids everyday to see if I can get any takers. Its pretty much a binary gamble. No Florida Hurricane(s) = options loser. Big Florida Hurricane(s) = Options winner. Its like a moneyline bet on an underdog, but I'm thinking to myself how much of an "underdog scenario" is the possibility of a beastly hurricane popping Florida this fall? 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

EOSE latest 10Q from this afternoon. they already pre-warned revenue would be negligible. Of note:

- The registrant had outstanding 133,994,506 shares of common stock as of August 9, 2023. (That compares to 59,650,960 shares of common stock as of July 27, 2022) 

- Operating loss for the quarter was $34.6M (on revenue of $249K)

- As of June 30, 2023, the Company had $23,243 of unrestricted cash and cash equivalents available to fund the Company’s operations, no additional borrowings available to fund its operations under pre-existing financing arrangements.

EOSE is authorized to sell up to 300M shares, so considering their burn rate and available cash, additional dilution can be expected sooner rather than later.