Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I continue to hold IBRX, UUUU, AMYZF, RVPH, EOSE, & GERN as the reasons for buying these stocks haven't changed.  Upcoming catalysts include:

IBRX - Resolving the manufacturing issues and re-filing with the FDA for approval of their bladder cancer drug, Anktiva.  

UUUU - Improving the separation of the rare earths they're producing or moving on a Uranium price spike.

AMYZF - Production at the Zenith joint venture.  AMYZF receives a royalty on all recycled material sold.  

EOSE - DOE loan approval

RVPH - Top line results are due at the end of September with their drug, brilaroxazine, for the treatment of schizophrenia

GERN - Filed NDA on June 20.  FDA has 60 days to answer.  PDUFA date is generally 10 months after NDA filing.  Geron expects to submit a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) in the EU in the second half of 2023.

Waiting for the tumblers to click (finger drumming sfx).

UUUU closes +.50 at $7.  Uranium extended gains for a fifth week to $57 per pound, approaching the 14-Month High of $57.75 touched in June amid growing supply risks and bullish demand in the long term. Utilities across the US and Europe continued to take measures against the risk of a supply halt from Russia amid ongoing risks of sanctions against its nuclear fuel supply.  The last time UUUU closed north of 7 was Feb. 21.  

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 4:04 PM, Blotto said:

Getting to be that time for my annual hurricane gamble. HCI is an insurance provider that focuses on the Florida market. Last year around this time, the stock was trading over $70 and by the time Hurricane season was over, the stock bottomed out under $30 due to Hurricane Ian. Since that time, the stock has recovered and spiked to almost $70 on earnings this week, before settling down in the low 60's. 

Its been a pretty quiet tropical storm season so far, but with the water temperatures at an all time high, the potential for devastating hurricanes the next couple of months is there. Latest update from NOAA released today

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/noaa-forecasters-increase-atlantic-hurricane-season-prediction-to-above-normal

HCI's options aren't real liquid, but they tend to trade in higher volumes when a hurricane enters the picture. Its a pure gamble that has worked out for me in the past, but I usually wait until a named storm is on the horizon before pulling the trigger. This year I'm keeping my eye on those October puts in the $45-$50 range, and may just keep throwing out low bids everyday to see if I can get any takers. Its pretty much a binary gamble. No Florida Hurricane(s) = options loser. Big Florida Hurricane(s) = Options winner. Its like a moneyline bet on an underdog, but I'm thinking to myself how much of an "underdog scenario" is the possibility of a beastly hurricane popping Florida this fall? 

image.png.3b1baf34d942d33928676e42cc238368.png

Funny Ben Roethlisberger GIFs | Tenor

No takers yet on my bids. Might have to get more realistic first thing Monday if the forecast is still intact. 

On 8/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, Wally Fairway said:

🚀

EOSE +.14 to $3.68.  So, I sold 100 EOSE August 5 calls at .63 for a net credit of $6,100 back in March.  That worked so well I sold 100 EOSE Sept 5.50 calls at .40 for a net credit of $3900 last week.  Should those shares get called away, I still have an ample position.  As long as the premium’s decent, I’ll do it again and again.  Besides, worse things could happen than selling 10,000 EOSE shares at 5.50 

• Hook 'Em 2

EOSE up hugely after hours. Sounds like the loan is closer to getting over the goal line, but interesting that it has not been fully approved.

U.S. Department of Energy issues conditional commitment for a loan to finance up to 80% of Project AMAZE – American Made Zinc Energy

Highlights:

Project AMAZE — American Made Zinc Energy, is a $500 million expansion program designed to scale annual production to 8 GWh storage capacity by 2026 to meet the demand for Long Duration Energy Storage (LDES).

The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Loan Programs Office (LPO) has issued an up to $398.6 million conditional commitment for a loan guarantee, which, if the loan is finalized, is expected to fund 80% of the expansion in Pennsylvania.

Eos’ American workforce, over 300 strong, is expected to grow to nearly one thousand green-collar careers upon the successful completion of Project AMAZE in 2026 — spurring economic growth in the Monongahela (Mon) Valley region and honoring a local history of industrial manufacturing that dates back to the founding of Westinghouse.

Project AMAZE would expand U.S. supply chain, which Eos believes features domestic sourcing sufficient to qualify for the Domestic Content Bonus awarded by the IRA’s Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Eos aims to move to 100% U.S-sourced material by 2026.

Eos recently announced a partnership with Wisconsin-based ACRO Automation Systems to design, develop, and implement its first state-of-the-art high-output manufacturing line.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.23bd75e888989dfb26649a35839ede0b.png
EOSE closed at $3.25 and is currently up AH $1.93 to $5.18. That’s a 55% move.  The price is jumping around, but is staying north of $5.  I try not to get too excited with AH action because too often the pump or dump is in the rear view mirror when the market opens the next day.  Having said that, EOSE, RVPH, AMYZF, IBRX, UUUU, & GERN all have looming catalysts that can send the stocks higher.  As my broker would say, “I’m cautiously optimistic.”

On 8/31/2023 at 4:43 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

image.png.23bd75e888989dfb26649a35839ede0b.png
EOSE closed at $3.25 and is currently up AH $1.93 to $5.18. That’s a 55% move.  The price is jumping around, but is staying north of $5.  I try not to get too excited with AH action because too often the pump or dump is in the rear view mirror when the market opens the next day.  Having said that, EOSE, RVPH, AMYZF, IBRX, UUUU, & GERN all have looming catalysts that can send the stocks higher.  As my broker would say, “I’m cautiously optimistic.”

Nothing like a kick in the dick to wake you up before market open. EOSE at 2.52 now.

7 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Nothing like a kick in the dick to wake you up before market open. EOSE at 2.52 now.

If you are posting in this thread then it is likely that you should be used to it by now.

For reference see - IBRX, BPTH, AMYZF, etc, etc, etc ...

Kevin Bacon GIF - Kevin Bacon Lampoon GIFs

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 3:18 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Interesting that Schwab lists ABML today with this name "AMERICAN BATTERY TECHNOLREVERSE SPLIT EFF: 09/11/23 

I see no company information about a split, but it had to come from somewhere, or can Chuck just make this stuff up?

15:1 reverse split. They want to get on the NASDAQ but knowing my stonk history I assume they'll be back under $1 in no time

5 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

So IBRx just got another half billion infusion from PSS.  I assume we’re getting diluted again but otherwise this has to be good news.  I’ll just own even less of the rocket to the moon.

Also on September 11, 2023, the Company, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary NantCell, Inc., Nant Capital, NantMobile, LLC (“NantMobile”) and NantCancerStemCell, LLC (“NCSC” and together with Nant Capital and NantMobile, the “Purchasers”), entered into a Stock Purchase Agreement (the “SPA”) pursuant to which the Purchasers exchanged certain existing convertible promissory notes, identified in the SPA as the “Notes,” representing approximately $270 million in aggregate principal amount and accrued and unpaid interest, in exchange for an aggregate of 209,291,936 shares of Common Stock. As a result of the exchange, the Company is forever released and discharged from all its obligations and liabilities under the Notes.

Based on an outstanding share count of ~440M shares in their last quarterly report, an additional 210M shares is certainly a non-trivial dilution, but what other choice does IBRX have? They have ~700 employees and no revenue, so either go bankrupt or keep diluting the beast. The latest debt they are taking on from PSS ($200M) is also convertible to stock, so count on continual dilution. If they ever get to market with a product, PSS will be one of the few that makes any money on this one. There's no real point in selling now that their runway has been extended another year, but I'll be fucking thrilled if I can ever get out close to my average price of $9. 

On 9/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, Hefeweizen said:

So IBRx just got another half billion infusion from PSS.  I assume we’re getting diluted again but otherwise this has to be good news.  I’ll just own even less of the rocket to the moon.

PSS has given the company a 3 year financing package to continue all their programs and converted their existing debt to equity. Sounds like he is "all in" on this company's prospects. He says he is confident in the science but realizes it has a way to go

• Hook 'Em 1