Black people arrested for sitting in a Starbucks

Pancho

Fondren, I don’t want to quote because longcat, but you can understand JSack’s situation is .000001%?  White or black, it is a situation so extremely few Americans know, I don’t see why it’s weighed so heavily in this discussion.  Lucky sperm club. No different than Snoop Dogs kid or being born Michael Jordan   Dude could (or sounds like couldn’t) be a total shithead rich kid but instead became a lawyer from a prestigious university. 

Maybe I lean too much on my experience. My grandparents were not college educated, however all four (4) worked steady jobs (until one of my grandfathers basically succumbed to alchoholism)  My mother paid her own way thru college then thru medical school, and has since worked for the last 35 years. From what I understand, there wasn’t any inheritance from their parents to speak of when all had passed. In fact, late in life illnesses pretty much took care of it all.  I was raised well within our means, in the house my mother was born in. Think 1950’s petrochemical town - white flight had happened 15 years before I was born.   They moved to a much nicer house on land the year after I graduated. 

Sack might see it different because while he had a “head start” , it sounds like he still worked his ass off to get where he is today. Will he be able to retire early once his grandfather passes? Probably. But going by the way he’s approached his life so far, maybe not.  His burden will be keeping his kids grounded and productive citizens (no affluenza) 

My company brings the Dutch down here because they are head quartered in NL.  They already think Americans are stupid, I assume they could have a bias against AA engineers as well. 1) most of the decision makers are aggy. 2) about half of the AA employees we do have in the office don’t do anything to curb some of the negative stereotypes. 

I will say I’ve never seen open racism like I did when I was O&G  b

*i figured UH would have have more AA engineers. I’ve only been on the campus for brief moments but their AA population was considerably than where I went. 

I get what you say about small town police.  There are many many large towns other than NYC that could start the process?  Sounds like it wasn’t as stupid a question as was painted. I’m not a demographic intellect, but large populations of AA tend to live in densely populated cities?  Atlanta, LA, Houston. Start there, see where it goes. Fuck I don’t know. But if roles were reversed, I would hope some of my demographic would be in there to mix it up. 

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Yup, calling him a moral coward isn't EXACTLY calling him a racist...........

Why do white conservatives cry about being called racist when no one calls them racist? What's the mental pathology involved with that?

I think it's because white conservatives are extremely fragile when it comes to racial discussions, so even having to talk about racial issues makes them emotional and, when people are emotional, they tend to imagine they are under attack even when they aren't. One person can be called "racist" for being obviously racist, and that person's political fellow-travelers will all feel like they were also called racist.

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fondren, I don’t want to quote because longcat, but you can understand JSack’s situation is .000001%?  White or black, it is a situation so extremely few Americans know, I don’t see why it’s weighed so heavily in this discussion.  Lucky sperm club. No different than Snoop Dogs kid or being born Michael Jordan   Dude could (or sounds like couldn’t) be a total shithead rich kid but instead became a lawyer from a prestigious university. 

Maybe I lean too much on my experience. My grandparents were not college educated, however all four (4) worked steady jobs (until one of my grandfathers basically succumbed to alchoholism)  My mother paid her own way thru college then thru medical school, and has since worked for the last 35 years. From what I understand, there wasn’t any inheritance from their parents to speak of when all had passed. In fact, late in life illnesses pretty much took care of it all.  I was raised well within our means, in the house my mother was born in. Think 1950’s petrochemical town - white flight had happened 15 years before I was born.   They moved to a much nicer house on land the year after I graduated. 

Sack might see it different because while he had a “head start” , it sounds like he still worked his ass off to get where he is today. Will he be able to retire early once his grandfather passes? Probably. But going by the way he’s approached his life so far, maybe not.  His burden will be keeping his kids grounded and productive citizens (no affluenza) 

My company brings the Dutch down here because they are head quartered in NL.  They already think Americans are stupid, I assume they could have a bias against AA engineers as well. 1) most of the decision makers are aggy. 2) about half of the AA employees we do have in the office don’t do anything to curb some of the negative stereotypes. 

I will say I’ve never seen open racism like I did when I was O&G  b

*i figured UH would have have more AA engineers. I’ve only been on the campus for brief moments but their AA population was considerably than where I went. 

I get what you say about small town police.  There are many many large towns other than NYC that could start the process?  Sounds like it wasn’t as stupid a question as was painted. I’m not a demographic intellect, but large populations of AA tend to live in densely populated cities?  Atlanta, LA, Houston. Start there, see where it goes. Fuck I don’t know. But if roles were reversed, I would hope some of my demographic would be in there to mix it up. 

So your mom worked hard and made something of herself, and you benefited from that just as Johnny Sack benefited from his grandfather.  This is an immigrant country.  99% of us don't come from the King of England, so at some point one of our ancestor's got off his/her dirt patch and insured a better life for his/her offspring.  Its great that your mom made something of herself, but how many generations of fattyflatties floundered before your grandparents worked hard and your mother broke free?  What Johnny doesn't understand is that African American's have only had 3 generations of even getting a shot at the plate.  He's standing on the shoulders of giants but believes he's just 20 feet tall by himself.  Very few African Americans have had a chance to put their grandchildren in Johnny's position.  It isn't that Johnny hasn't worked hard.  It isn't even that he was born on 3rd base like Trump.  Its that he watched his grandpa play the game, he learned how to hit, and he was given the right equipment to play.  African Americans have not had that.  And to carry on the baseball metaphor, sometimes they even knew their dad could hit but they watched him get a called strike 3 on a ball that was 15 feet outside.  Gen X was the first generation that made big inroads in fairness at the plate.   The next generation will be the first that was born with a fair shake.  In a few more generations, there will be more black Johnny's and fattyflatties.  And maybe they will take their "golden ticket" for granted just as Johnny takes his for granted now.

And other police forces will come around.  The NYPD push is for community policing and much of that is modeling the force around the makeup of the community it polices, and its worked much better than Stop and Frisk did, much to the chagrin of Trumpers.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

One person can be called "racist" for being obviously racist, and that person's political fellow-travelers will all feel like they were also called racist.

You've called several posters on this thread racist - one explicitly and at least one other by suggestion. Would you care to point out them being "obviously racist?"

Now that you've made constant and reflexive racism accusations, you're pivoting to white fragility to explain away your unrelenting need to call disagreement racism.

Stay woke. You've got it all figured out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

You've called several posters on this thread racist - one explicitly and at least one other by suggestion. Would you care to point out them being "obviously racist?"

So I've called one poster racist and you feel like others have been called racist without actually being called racist. This is a web forum and you can actually read all the posts. You can search "racist" and see how many different people have been called racist. No feelings needed.

I am very happy to call Chrispy a racist for his repeated statements. When characterizing black arguments he says "whitey" and "blue eyed devil" like a white minstrel wearing blackface and he has openly stated that black people do not value family ("good luck with that"). He's a racist.

He's the only person in this thread who has been called racist, because he is racist.

Stop crying.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:49 PM, bad_teammate said:

If you find yourself being called racist a lot, there's probably a reason.

I guess you weren't suggesting Spanky is a racist here, it's just my white fragility and feelings acting up. If you find yourself being called a liar a lot, there's probably a reason.

Edited by Mole

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So I've called one poster racist and you feel like others have been called racist without actually being called racist. This is a web forum and you can actually read all the posts. You can search "racist" and see how many different people have been called racist. No feelings needed.

I am very happy to call Chrispy a racist for his repeated statements. When characterizing black arguments he says "whitey" and "blue eyed devil" like a white minstrel wearing blackface and he has openly stated that black people do not value family ("good luck with that"). He's a racist.

He's the only person in this thread who has been called racist, because he is racist.

Stop crying.

Chrispy is more of a pussy because he is afraid to post with his shaggy screenname.

Edited by FondrenRoad

22 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Chrispy is more of a pussy because he is afraid to post with his shaggy screenname.

My shaggy name was Teddy Duchamp I believe, the character from Stand by me. I never posted really because I was more interested in chasing tail at the time and the Austin night life. If that makes me a pussy, so be it. 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

So your mom worked hard and made something of herself, and you benefited from that just as Johnny Sack benefited from his grandfather.  This is an immigrant country.  99% of us don't come from the King of England, so at some point one of our ancestor's got off his/her dirt patch and insured a better life for his/her offspring.  Its great that your mom made something of herself, but how many generations of fattyflatties floundered before your grandparents worked hard and your mother broke free?  What Johnny doesn't understand is that African American's have only had 3 generations of even getting a shot at the plate.  He's standing on the shoulders of giants but believes he's just 20 feet tall by himself.  Very few African Americans have had a chance to put their grandchildren in Johnny's position.  It isn't that Johnny hasn't worked hard.  It isn't even that he was born on 3rd base like Trump.  Its that he watched his grandpa play the game, he learned how to hit, and he was given the right equipment to play.  African Americans have not had that.  And to carry on the baseball metaphor, sometimes they even knew their dad could hit but they watched him get a called strike 3 on a ball that was 15 feet outside.  Gen X was the first generation that made big inroads in fairness at the plate.   The next generation will be the first that was born with a fair shake.  In a few more generations, there will be more black Johnny's and fattyflatties.  And maybe they will take their "golden ticket" for granted just as Johnny takes his for granted now.

And other police forces will come around.  The NYPD push is for community policing and much of that is modeling the force around the makeup of the community it polices, and its worked much better than Stop and Frisk did, much to the chagrin of Trumpers.

To add on, there theoretically could be a lot more black people today who had successful grandparents and great grandparents, except for the fact that successful black people who would now be grandparents or great grandparents were sometimes brutally murdered for being black and successful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mole said:

Now that you've made constant and reflexive racism accusations, you're pivoting to white fragility to explain away your unrelenting need to call disagreement racism.

Stay woke. You've got it all figured out.

You know how some preachers decry homosexuality to a point it gets weird? And then it comes out they hang out in airport restrooms? That’s how BT is with racism. He’s fighting this internal battle and trying to come to grips with his racism, so he’s obsessed with it. 

I have faith in him though, I think he’ll persevere  through these dark times and realize there’s no reason to be ashamed of who he truly is and the anger will simply fade away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

In a few more generations, there will be more black Johnny's and fattyflatties.  And maybe they will take their "golden ticket" for granted just as Johnny takes his for granted now.

Progress is measured by what we take for granted.

14 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is Chrispy  a sock or is this a name change from Shaggy?

I had an account on shaggy that I lurked with under a different name. Was there a previous Chrispy I’m unaware of? I do know people are making socks to down vote my posts, which is pretty funny. 

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I had an account on shaggy that I lurked with under a different name. Was there a previous Chrispy I’m unaware of? I do know people are making socks to down vote my posts, which is pretty funny. 

Strange that a shaggy lurker would suddenly decide to make 190 political posts in short order on the new board.  Meanwhile, there are a few prolific Cloak Room posters who post exactly like you, but aren't here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do white conservatives cry about being called racist when no one calls them racist? What's the mental pathology involved with that?

I think it's because white conservatives are extremely fragile when it comes to racial discussions, so even having to talk about racial issues makes them emotional and, when people are emotional, they tend to imagine they are under attack even when they aren't. One person can be called "racist" for being obviously racist, and that person's political fellow-travelers will all feel like they were also called racist.

Horseshit.

its a serious accusation you and yours are all too comfortable using it casually as a political cudgel.

Laying back and playing innocent after repeated accusations and innuendos is particularly heinous.

43 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Strange that a shaggy lurker would suddenly decide to make 190 political posts in short order on the new board.  Meanwhile, there are a few prolific Cloak Room posters who post exactly like you, but aren't here.

You counted my posts? Well be still, my heart. Like I stated earlier, my priorities and lifestyle changed, so I post more. They would be wise to emulate my style, but I can’t take any credit for them doing so. 

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You counted my posts? Well be still, my heart. Like I stated earlier, my priorities and lifestyle changed, so I post more. They would be wise to emulate my style, but I can’t take any credit for them doing so. 

Your post count is right by your name on every post you make. Interesting that your lifestyle changed exactly when shaggy did. Clearly, you aren't trying to turn over a new leaf. May as well admit who you were. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Dip-shit,  post count is under your avatar.  (He's stupid enough to be Swam)

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I said this on the Shag but I will repeat it here. My mom graduated right after the Civil Rights act. She never had a chance to make something of herself. She went to Nursing school in the late 70's. I am the first generation of AA's to live their entire life with equal rights. My daughter is 9. She has been to Hawaii 10 times. She has doesn't even understand the word struggle, and likely never will. It take a few generations to climb the ladder. It doesn't happen overnight. That seems to be something these guys don't understand. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Your post count is right by your name on every post you make. Interesting that your lifestyle changed exactly when shaggy did. Clearly, you aren't trying to turn over a new leaf. May as well admit who you were. 

It’s not on my mobile device, I would have to click your name and I’m not that interested. I’m not firing up the laptop to talk to you knuckleheads. I was Teddy Duchamp on shaggy, you’re just wrong on this one. 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I said this on the Shag but I will repeat it here. My mom graduated right after the Civil Rights act. She never had a chance to make something of herself. She went to Nursing school in the late 70's. I am the first generation of AA's to live their entire life with equal rights. My daughter is 9. She has been to Hawaii 10 times. She has doesn't even understand the word struggle, and likely never will. It take a few generations to climb the ladder. It doesn't happen overnight. That seems to be something these guys don't understand. 

I would assume the vast majority of the country are second generation college educated.  Like the things you've noticed in your daughter, I've also noticed things in my oldest (6)   She sees color, differences.  It doesn't mean anything to her, it's really amazing.  I think this generation may be the one to make the most progress.  Then I think, I probably was the same exact way at that age.  I wasn't raised in a racist home.  Then, I worry when I think that she'll have to learn all of this through history lessons.  She may end up being the least racist person on earth, but she'll still have to learn and discuss, like we are going here.  I don't think it can be escaped

And to the posts upthread. I wasn't comparing my situation to Mr Sack. I grew up straight middle class, likely even lower middle class. Mom did ok but all that schooling had to be paid for and life happens, right? 

I don't ever remember JS posts from scat site being racist.  I remember thinking he was an ag at first tho.  

Im going to bow out now. I never even dabbled in CR back at the scat site, I remember now why. A few solid posts surrounded by shouting and name calling. 

To whoever said BT sounds like the homophobic preacher, I would be lying if I didn't get the same vibe at times. I don't think that is the case though.  I do wonder why he thinks so little of his own race though. Every single color has shitheels. Just part of it. 

*edit to add - I hope black dudes from OP get paid from Starbucks. Personally I would have left when asked, but I can understand why they didn't want to. Kudos to them for going peacefully instead of being dicks. 

Edited by fattyflattie
Starbucks needs to $$$
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It doesn't happen overnight. That seems to be something these guys don't understand. 

Except we do and that’s not the argument being made by anyone here. It’s whether or not white people are preventing you from achieving that goal that’s up for discussion. I think you beautifully illustrated that it is in fact possible in today’s society despite not having a built in advantage of accumulated wealth as a black person. That’s commendable.

For some reason, the insinuation is being made that if you don’t agree that racism is a widespread issue, and the #1 obstacle for black people acheiving the American Dream, you yourself are racist. Further, by claiming that it is not an institutional issue, we are somehow saying that it is a mythical figment of people’s imagination that never occurs. That’s simply not true. But the label “racist” is the ultimate trump card. There are not many worse things to be accused of. So it’s the “God’s plan” argument for the “why” that can’t be refuted.

It’s just absolutely mind boggling to me how people can question how Trump got elected at this juncture. As a moderate that leans left socially, Liberals have really fucked up by trying to shame people into agreeing with their viewpoint. People will retaliate against that line of thinking...especially when terms like “racist” are misapplied. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Are you an actual engineer and/or do you actually work at a company that hires almost exclusively engineers? Because I am and I do, and I host and interview my fair share of qualified candidates, and this statement is a rather large exaggeration at best from my experience.

Weird that Johnny Sack never answered this question

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Except we do and that’s not the argument being made by anyone here. It’s whether or not white people are preventing you from achieving that goal that’s up for discussion. I think you beautifully illustrated that it is in fact possible in today’s society despite not having a built in advantage of accumulated wealth as a black person. That’s commendable.

For some reason, the insinuation is being made that if you don’t agree that racism is a widespread issue, and the #1 obstacle for black people acheiving the American Dream, you yourself are racist. Further, by claiming that it is not an institutional issue, we are somehow saying that it is a mythical figment of people’s imagination that never occurs. That’s simply not true. But the label “racist” is the ultimate trump card. There are not many worse things to be accused of. So it’s the “God’s plan” argument for the “why” that can’t be refuted.

It’s just absolutely mind boggling to me how people can question how Trump got elected at this juncture. As a moderate that leans left socially, Liberals have really fucked up by trying to shame people into agreeing with their viewpoint. People will retaliate against that line of thinking...especially when terms like “racist” are misapplied. 

Except Trump is actually a racist. If you vote for a racist because someone called you a racist, they were right. 

You're basically saying, "oh, you're calling me a racist?  I'm not, but I'll show you racist now."

Thats not why Trump won though. He won because the South and Texas are straight ticket voters and he promised the midwest theyd get jobs on unicorn farms. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Except Trump is actually a racist. If you vote for a racist because someone called you a racist, they were right. 

You're basically saying, "oh, you're calling me a racist?  I'm not, but I'll show you racist now."

Or, they are voting against the party associated with that philosophy in protest. Like some people would never vote for a Muslim. Or a candidate’s view on abortion that differs from their own.

I voted for Trump as a registered Dem and I can’t stand him. But, Hillary was worse IMO. Plus, she’s white so she’s obviously part of the problem.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

White people prevent progress by constantly defending every situation in which a black person experiences racism. If more white people demanded that situations like these stop, then we would've moved past it decades ago. Instead it's, "Let's wait until all the facts come out", or "The police did what they were supposed to do". Black people are a small percentage of the population. We cannot do it ourselves. We need white people to band together and help us rid this country of overly aggressive police officers, racism, and constant profiling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

White people prevent progress by constantly defending every situation in which a black person experiences racism. If more white people demanded that situations like these stop, then we would've moved past it decades ago. Instead it's, "Let's wait until all the facts come out", or "The police did what they were supposed to do". Black people are a small percentage of the population. We cannot do it ourselves. We need white people to band together and help us rid this country of overly aggressive police officers, racism, and constant profiling.

So the solution, as you see it, is to claim racism first until proven otherwise? I can’t abide by that. I can certainly recognize that in some instances the evidence points to racism and/or prejudice as a motivating factor. It’s just not my immediate thought when I hear white cop, black victim.

I understand it’s frustrating. It’s infuriating for me as well. That’s why I maintain that we should seek out individual examples of racism to fight them together.

9 hours ago, Chooky said:

It would also be helpful if black people would announce that they are only in public because a man named Logan summoned them for a meeting.  Then they should subtly explain that Logan is a mediocre dancer at best, wears topsiders with no socks and owns more than one Christmas sweater.  

Ain't no righteous brother gonna admit he's got a gay friend. Who you trying to jive?

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Or, they are voting against the party associated with that philosophy in protest. Like some people would never vote for a Muslim. Or a candidate’s view on abortion that differs from their own.

I voted for Trump as a registered Dem and I can’t stand him. But, Hillary was worse IMO. Plus, she’s white so she’s obviously part of the problem.

Lol. Now you're in an obvious lie. You've gone from effective trolling to obvious troll. Registered dems don't get caught up in the "you called me racist, so I'll be racist" bullshit. 

Plus, white men hold generational power, not women. Learn your craft better. And you know this. Would you rather be Melania Trump or spankytoes?

Lol. Now you're in an obvious lie. You've gone from effective trolling to obvious troll. Registered dems don't get caught up in the "you called me racist, so I'll be racist" bullshit. 
Plus, white men hold generational power, not women. Learn your craft better. And you know this. Would you rather be Melania Trump or spankytoes?

Racist and a liar? Double threat guy!

Now go get your fucking shinebox...
b1c87cdf4a13e1109b7a3c629d8fd744.jpg

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

So the solution, as you see it, is to claim racism first until proven otherwise? I can’t abide by that. I can certainly recognize that in some instances the evidence points to racism and/or prejudice as a motivating factor. It’s just not my immediate thought when I hear white cop, black victim.

I understand it’s frustrating. It’s infuriating for me as well. That’s why I maintain that we should seek out individual examples of racism to fight them together.

Man, you really are going to walk this all the way to the end of the pier, huh? Silent Collusion-when someone remains silent instead of speaking up and disagreeing with others when they doing things such as stereotyping people and/or making disrespectful comments. Many times others interpret silence in these matters as support or agreement.

. No one is asking you to wildly toss accusations at every single situation. However, this situation is pretty obvious. Even the white people in the coffee shop were arguing with the officers, and yet you guys were arguing to the contrary. 

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man, you really are going to walk this all the way to the end of the pier, huh? Silent Collusion-when someone remains silent instead of speaking up and disagreeing with others when they doing things such as stereotyping people and/or making disrespectful comments. Many times others interpret silence in these matters as support or agreement.

. No one is asking you to wildly toss accusations at every single situation. However, this situation is pretty obvious. Even the white people in the coffee shop were arguing with the officers, and yet you guys were arguing to the contrary. 

Which is why I have repeatedly said that the Starbucks incident was motivated by racism. Albeit, I waited to hear ALL the facts first.

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

No one is asking you to wildly toss accusations at every single situation. However, this situation is pretty obvious. Even the white people in the coffee shop were arguing with the officers, and yet you guys were arguing to the contrary. 

I might be part of "you guys", but I agree that this incident seems pretty clearly racially motivated, barring this not being a viral marketing campaign for the Cinnamon Dolce Latte of course. 

I got drawn offsides by the "myth of the absent black father" and bad data. I just stuck around for the wild accusations of racism and the retreat into condescending white fragility claims.

Edited by Mole