Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, this is another thing.  The cops so rarely actually SAVE anyone directly.  Which is not really a dig at cops, that's just a timing issue.  It is not possible to have enough cops to actually interdict crime in progress.

But the notion that you will immediately become unsafe if there are fewer cops or fewer on the streets, or unarmed, is just flat-out silly, as is the notion that you will be markedly safer if there are more, or better armed.

Never thought of it that way, but you’re right. Killeen has like 250 officers for a population of 130k. You could quadruple the force and it would still be significantly undermanned in the event of a significant increase in crime. Cops largely show up after the fact, the only active crime prevention they really do is traffic enforcement. 

18 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Never thought of it that way, but you’re right. Killeen has like 250 officers for a population of 130k. You could quadruple the force and it would still be significantly undermanned in the event of a significant increase in crime. Cops largely show up after the fact, the only active crime prevention they really do is traffic enforcement. 

Traffic enforcement isn’t even crime prevention, it’s tax collection.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Always, feeling good.

Probably because I don't need someone's permission to be happy(except for my wife). And I don't go looking for victim status.

Thats right! All those poor black folk that are suffering from the effects of generations of discrimination and economic and social segregation need to just man the fuck up and stop being such victims! 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Thats right! All those poor black folk that are suffering from the effects of generations of discrimination and economic and social segregation need to just man the fuck up and stop being such victims! 

I do not think he is going to stop with the incendiary posts. Perhaps he will get some help. I have asked him the same question now twice and I know he has seen it. Instead he carpet bombs this thread trying to distract anyone here from focusing on the BLM Movement’s main message of being tired of brutalized by the police. 

I know two young men who were taken way too early in situations that involved black-on black gun violence. I do not come to this thread to speak about it though, but I will make an exception here. My last conversation with one young man was talking about him heading to college the following year. He was ready to leave gang violence behind and get a college education. I was proud of him. Then the following summer he was shot to death over a stupid dispute the night before he was leaving for school. I’ll never forget getting that news for as long as I live. Every August it comes back to mind. The situations young black men face in order to just keep their head above water is incredible. If it isn’t the police trying to terrorize them they also get taken out in neighborhood gang violence. Or like this innocent young girl in South Bend they get taken out for no reason at all. I am doing what I am doing with school so I can help change the trajectory of some young lives who need stability and a helping hand at an early age. I do not want to see another kid gunned down by senseless violence.

The BLM Movement has a main goal. It is ending police brutality. They also want to disrupt the Western nuclear family and make the village be involved in the raising of children when the parents need a helping hand. I absolutely support that. It brings a sense of togetherness and community and can help heal neighborhoods that need it. I also support the defunding of police departments with that money being poured back into communities that need it. We are wasting billions of dollars in this country on police when our own damn citizens are crying out for help and we as a society have mostly ignored them. We have got to get off our collective backside and help our fellow citizens and stop being selfish pricks. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

You mean people like me? 

LOL, clown boy.

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

You have anger issues. I say that to you as someone who uses therapy and enjoys it for a different reason than why I mention it to you. I feel free to speak about it because you are clearly exhibiting the behavior of someone who has some mental issues that a therapist can help you with. 

Again I will ask you this question. What was the moment in your life that caused your brain to be broken? You continue to verbally assault the BLM Movement for not adhering to something that is not the focus of their movement. You know exactly what the movement is centered on and it is police brutality. You attack them constantly like you are a real live caricature of Uncle Ruckus. It’s embarrassing to see you continue to do this for no real reason. If you don’t like the BLM Movement go and start your own and have it focus precisely on what you want.

I do genuinely feel for you. You are a broken man who is too proud to admit you need the help. I was there once. Many of us were if people here want to be completely honest. You are showing it here that you do need it with what you write. I do not want to be in the lane you are in because it is one filled with hate, unstable anger and that is repulsive to me and most everyone else who posts here. Try and do better and find a more positive way to vent your frustration man.

Again with the mental health smack..LOL. I say this as someone who has done this long enough to know when a pea brain is grasping at straws while trying to sound intelligent. I feel free to speak about it because I've seen frauds like you before. You are out of your depth and grasping at straws. Internet pussies dripping vagina juice.

Don't worry about my embarrassment or anger, please.  I can handle whatever mental issues I have better than you can snowflake. Aren't you the same clown that said racism was illegal in New York? 

Until you are mentally stable enough to leave your safe space, stay in your lane..Lil dude.

Fuck you and Goodnight

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, why not?

Did the Founding Fathers envision a well regulated militia that needed to be dropped off at the battlefield by Kyle's Mom?  

8 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

You mean people like me? 

LOL, clown boy.

There you go!  "I did it so fuck anyone else who can't!". The crux of the Republican message.

Our governor embodies this message perfectly. People who think like that fail to acknowledge such a critical fact, all the help they got along the way. All the people, situations, and opportunities that could have easily have been flipped or not available to them. 

I came from about as disadvantaged background as you can get. I'm talking homeless as a teenager. I pulled myself up from "my bootstraps" into the upper middle class. So fuck all the lazy cunts who aren't able to do the same! 

Yes, I worked hard and took advantage of almost opportunity I was given. But I got lucky multiple times and had some really great people give me a chance along the way. A few moments here and there with different outcomes can be the difference. There can be a very fine line between success and failure, and successful people should always remember that fact, rather than bask in their own hubris.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, why not?

That's fucking idiotic.

It's a straightforward self-defense case.

You do have to make an effort to defuse judgment resulting from the fundamental question "what the fuck was he doing there with a gun in the first place," but I think you handle that with a motion in limine to exclude discussion of that at trial, and by addressing it in jury selection.  That is, a) it's not a crime and b) to the extent it is a crime, it's not the crime for which the defendant is on trial.

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

They also want to disrupt the Western nuclear family and make the village be involved in the raising of children when the parents need a helping hand.

Again with this.  I don't believe the "Western nuclear family" is fundamentally inconsistent with community raising of children.  It was more or less a way of life in this country until certain "elements" began to emphasize individuality over community. In short, the boomers wrecked that with ideas carried forward from the 60s; and the systematic destruction of poor communities in favor of flawed subsidized housing developments; and the black diaspora in search of work.

Also, you really should stop with the personal mental health evaluations.  Argue the merits instead of amateur psychological analysis.  It's needlessly antagonistic.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Again with this.  I don't believe the "Western nuclear family" is fundamentally inconsistent with community raising of children.  It was more or less a way of life in this country until certain "elements" began to emphasize individuality over community. In short, the boomers wrecked that with ideas carried forward from the 60s; and the systematic destruction of poor communities in favor of flawed subsidized housing developments; and the black diaspora in search of work.

Also, you really should stop with the personal mental health evaluations.  Argue the merits instead of amateur psychological analysis.  It's needlessly antagonistic.

Fucking hippies.

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's fucking idiotic.

It's a straightforward self-defense case.

You do have to make an effort to defuse judgment resulting from the fundamental question "what the fuck was he doing there with a gun in the first place," but I think you handle that with a motion in limine to exclude discussion of that at trial, and by addressing it in jury selection.  That is, a) it's not a crime and b) to the extent it is a crime, it's not the crime for which the defendant is on trial.

You know they were going to go there.  The court will have to determine if "well regulated militia" is limited to government requested troops (I think it does, at least that is what I heard on the news yesterday) or if it covers bands of pasty thugs like this.  Or even if they will try to argue that Trumpian tweets are enough to throw these bands into the definition.

Beautiful arguments on both sides.

15 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Fucking hippies.

It's not solely the product of the 60s, but it certainly accelerated. There were a number of other factors, unrelated to notions of individuality, or even "rugged individualism"TM, that helped destroy community.

Brisket is right that notions of community barely exist in the US anymore, and that's a real problem.  I was momentarily seduced by some politicians' attempts to restore a sense of community (notably GWB for a minute there), but that rapidly devolved into just another "culture war" talking point.

24 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You know they were going to go there.  The court will have to determine if "well regulated militia" is limited to government requested troops (I think it does, at least that is what I heard on the news yesterday) or if it covers bands of pasty thugs like this.  Or even if they will try to argue that Trumpian tweets are enough to throw these bands into the definition.

Beautiful arguments on both sides.

I suppose that 2nd Amendment crap is directed to the misdemeanor charge of underage possession of a firearm, in which case it's maybe not all that ridiculous (but doomed to fail, imho).

Nonetheless, that misdemeanor stuff needs to be severed out  of the murder case and it it isn't creating a 2nd Amendment sideshow over a misdemeanor charge in a murder case seems to be really bad idea jeans in terms of giving the little moron the best defense.

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, why not?

You know 17 is legal age to join the military.

So why is this great patriot illegally carrying a rifle and murdering us citizens in the streets, when he could sign on the line that is dotted and stand up and legally defend this great nation?

6 minutes ago, DigDug said:

So why is this great patriot illegally carrying a rifle and murdering us citizens in the streets, when he could sign on the line that is dotted and stand up and legally defend this great nation?

Why sign up to defend the country when you can cosplay being a soldier here, kill people and be looked at as a hero by millions of fellow cult members.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sheriff in Arkansas County, Arkansas resigned after he was recorded yelling the n-word at his girlfriend. She was talking to an African American man at the store, and that was apparently enough to set him off and said that word about 10 times to her in various ways.

https://www.pbcommercial.com/news/20200829/wright-resigns-as-arkansas-county-sheriff

here's him a week earlier talking about that he doesn't have any African Americans on his staff because they don't apply.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1UY27510Ao

Smaller county with a population of ~17K, with a 70-25 White, Black population split. If he feels comfortable yelling the n-word on his own time, does anyone think he really can set that bias aside while on duty? 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sheriff in Arkansas County, Arkansas resigned after he was recorded yelling the n-word at his girlfriend. She was talking to an African American man at the store, and that was apparently enough to set him off and said that word about 10 times to her in various ways.

https://www.pbcommercial.com/news/20200829/wright-resigns-as-arkansas-county-sheriff

here's him a week earlier talking about that he doesn't have any African Americans on his staff because they don't apply.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1UY27510Ao

Smaller county with a population of ~17K, with a 70-25 White, Black population split. If he feels comfortable yelling the n-word on his own time, does anyone think he really can set that bias aside while on duty? 

He was probably hired or elected specifically for that bias.  He just said the quiet part out loud.

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 hours ago, DigDug said:

Murder? I'd like to see the proof that wasn't anything else but self defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Murder? I'd like to see the proof that wasn't anything else but self defense.

You don't get to claim self-defense when you pick up a weapon, drive 50 miles to cosplay solider with the intent to use the gun.

tl/dr:  You can't provoke a fight then claim self-defense.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

You don't get to claim self-defense when you pick up a weapon, drive 50 miles to cosplay solider with the intent to use the gun.

tl/dr:  You can't provoke a fight then claim self-defense.

It's incredible that there are millions of our fellow citizens who will parrot that exact line of thinking because our big, dumb president/cult leader has normalized the behavior exhibited by Rittenhouse. It was murder and I feel okay saying that because this young coward decided to do exactly what you said he did and he drove there looking for an opportunity to escalate violence. This is only going to get worse thanks to our racist-in-chief who will continue to exacerbate the issue. More cosplaying idiots will decide that they want to get involved in killing people and many of our fellow citizens will just nod in agreement with the ensuing deaths because, among other reasons, "Teach those libruls a lesson about messin' with 'Murica!"

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If you do not like that as being part of their platform take it up with them. I support it.

If you also do not like the pointing out of a poster who exhibits the behaviors of someone who could use therapy you might want to just put me on ignore because I am not going to sit quietly when someone is writing posts consistently that show they have pent up anger that is spilling over into the public domain that a therapist can help with. We are too quiet as a society on mental health issues. It cannot just be up to a therapist to tell someone to get help. That doesn't even make any kind of rational sense. Do you think there are thousands of therapists just walking around amongst the populace looking for new clients? Leaving people to their own devices with mental health issues is how people end up doing something they regret because no one ever attempted to help direct them to the services of someone that could give them a better way to deal with life. People should ABSOLUTELY speak up and try to get someone help when they see the signs of someone who needs it. I would bet if other posters on this board were honest they would admit that there was a point in their lives when someone had to tell them the same thing about getting help and it wasn't a therapist that directed them to it. I remember when someone stepped up to the plate and did it for me because they knew what would help with something that was bothering me. I am thankful to that person for standing up and intervening and not staying quiet. This sit back and not help people receive proper care is asinine and an outdated way of thinking.

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Strange, I didn't see any reports of exploding heads in Alabama this morning.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/08/nick-saban-leads-black-lives-matter-march-in-tuscaloosa.html

The videos are worth watching I believe. The comments on each, especially the first one show how far we as a country still have to go in getting people onboard with racial equality across the board.

15 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The videos are worth watching I believe. The comments on each, especially the first one show how far we as a country still have to go in getting people onboard with racial equality across the board.

The comments are why we are a failed state, and it is only going to get worse.  A LOT worse.  There is no bottom.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The comments are why we are a failed state, and it is only going to get worse.  A LOT worse.  There is no bottom.

Many of the comments are absolutely horrific. I personally look at America as currently being in the failboat, but my hope is that our younger generation that is engaged and involved will have the stomach for the fight that is in front of them. It's daunting to say that the future of our country and its ability to right the ship is in the the hands of the youngest voters, but here we are. I have heard folks repeat several times that each generation faces its own set of problems and how they react to them will define them. Our problems right now are multi-generational though and it requires all generations making sacrifices for the good of our fellow citizens. We have way too many right now who haven't gotten aboard to support those who need our help. Again many of those comments are despicable and come from those unwilling to help anyone outside of themselves.

Edited by UpperWestside

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting that all the story is about is his using the n-word, not him being an obvious domestic abuser.

Middlebrooks was on the receiving end of verbal threats from Wright after she made a friendly encounter with a black employee, identified as Nick Clark. She secretly recorded Wright as he expressed his rage, referring to Clark as a dread head n***** and calling the mother of his child a n***** lover.

But mainstream media won't touch the massive national disgrace that is police mistreatment of their own families. Political correctness run amok.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Interesting that all the story is about is his using the n-word, not him being an obvious domestic abuser.

Middlebrooks was on the receiving end of verbal threats from Wright after she made a friendly encounter with a black employee, identified as Nick Clark. She secretly recorded Wright as he expressed his rage, referring to Clark as a dread head n***** and calling the mother of his child a n***** lover.

But mainstream media won't touch the massive national disgrace that is police mistreatment of their own families. Political correctness run amok.

Reading the story and seeing that there was testimony to him doing this at other times leads me to be right there with you on this. This guy is at worst a domestic abuser physically and at best one that is being one emotionally. If his friends do what was said in the article and will seek to get him help then good on them and hopefully something good comes out of something so awful. I do want to say that I believe we should be placing a greater focus on police mistreatment of their families. They aren't just out there harrassing and killing unarmed black men and women. The families are often bearing the brunt of that anger in private and almost no one is helping them out. Our media reporting on this aspect much more often would be very helpful.

The "friends getting him help" thing is a VERY common cop-talk for sounding like they're going to do something without doing anything.

The family being abused by the cop is guilted into staying and putting up with it because the cop's job is so dangerous and stressful and their suicide rates are so high.

It's disgusting.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The "friends getting him help" thing is a VERY common cop-talk for sounding like they're going to do something without doing anything.

The family being abused by the cop is guilted into staying and putting up with it because the cop's job is so dangerous and stressful and their suicide rates are so high.

It's disgusting.

I won’t disagree with what you are saying. I just attempt to hope for a better outcome than the same old, same old. If he gets help it will take a long time to straighten out his demons. The hurt he has caused his own family is immeasurable because we cannot truly know the extent of what he has said or done to them in private. The whole situation is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

What in the ever living fuck are you blathering about?  

This kid was a fireman now?  Is there anything a radicalized 17 year old with an illegal weapon CAN'T do?

Get fuck out of here with that bullshit.  If was at home playing basketball or video games or grab ass like any normal 17 year old, instead of wandering the streets of some other persons town with a rifle, two more people would be alive and his life wouldn't have been entirely wasted.  Yet here we are.  And your dumbass, along with thousands of others up to including the dumbass president of the United States, are trying to justify it.  

Look in the mirror and ask yourself where you went wrong.  

Damn, why so angry? Dude chased Kyle after putting the fire out, kyle runs away. Kyle wasn't a threat. No show me where it was murder. If you gonna keep saying murder then show me it.

Hell, why have they fire extinguisher at all if he went there to murder.

Edited by workswithseed

58 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean maybe, but he was also running away.

Him running away doesn't prove deadly force was justified. You can't use deadly force just because some harm might befall you. For instance, fearing you might get punched or pushed wouldn't be sufficient. Deadly force is only authorized when it is "necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm[.]" He has an argument, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it is clear cut at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Being chased doesn't automatically privilege you to use deadly force. 

True enough, but it's been pretty thoroughly hashed out on one of the Kenosha threads and it looks like the little dipshit has a pretty solid self-defense case under Wisconsin law.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 406W30th said:

Yup, after dozens of eyewitnesses saw him shoot a man in cold blood, killing him.

(Also, Jacob Blake was walking away from a cop who put seven bullets in his back.) 

Are you talking about the first shoot or after that? If after the first shoot, he ran away again not blasting others away. He fell, and people attacked him while he was on the ground. Do you think if you're being attacked while on the ground, you should not protect yourself?

I personally look at America as currently being in the failboat, but my hope is that our younger generation that is engaged and involved will have the stomach for the fight that is in front of them.

nah son. I’d argue that the younger generation has MORE racists per capita.

white people have become much more polarized since 9/11 and Obama. for every one that went hard left, there’s an equal number (and I would argue more) that went hard right. the right has taken a page out of the ISIS playbook and realized indoctrination at a young age is the most effective way to gain power. Russia doesn’t really help either.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

nah son. I’d argue that the younger generation has MORE racists per capita.

white people have become much more polarized since 9/11 and Obama. for every one that went hard left, there’s an equal number (and I would argue more) that went hard right. the right has taken a page out of the ISIS playbook and realized indoctrination at a young age is the most effective way to gain power. Russia doesn’t really help either.

Interesting point.  Probably accurate.

However, I would probably note that a lot of those that went hard one way or the other otherwise would have remained fairly indifferent, which is a net loss for the cause.

Although the Trump administration has brought front and center a segment of the population that a lot of us didn't quite realize existed, it has probably also galvanized a substantial segment of the population out of their indifference.  If we survive, it could be the catalyst for some real change.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Are you talking about the first shoot or after that? If after the first shoot, he ran away again not blasting others away. He fell, and people attacked him while he was on the ground. Do you think if you're being attacked while on the ground, you should not protect yourself?

The 17-year old kid, who was illegally possessing a weapon, drove 25 miles to defend a Kwik Trip for some reason. He shot an unarmed person, killing him. The shooter ran away and was chased, because he was shooting a fucking AR-15 at people protesting the attempted murder of an unarmed Black man. This shithead posed an imminent danger to everyone around him. He shot the person who ran after him, the person who was defending himself and others from a rightwing nut who drove across state lines to hunt those protesting racial injustice.

This is not hard.

I have no faith in our "justice" system and I'd be a substantial amount of money that the rightwing shithead will go free, but if you have any sympathy for this sack of shit you really need to look in the mirror. He's a cold-blooded killer and a fucking bootlicker.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2