Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Well, the NBA just shut down the playoffs after the Bucks boycotted their game this afternoon with Orlando.

For how long?

What do they want? Reform via legislation?

Dems sat on some for political reasons. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Man, you're an even shittier poster than Johnny Sack. At least he's straight up about his bullshit.

They didn’t feel it was adequate, so instead of compromising and accomplishing something and then passing more after Biden is elected and they win the Senate, they punted on reform for 7 months. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, GRHorn said:

They didn’t feel it was adequate, so instead of compromising and accomplishing something and then passing more after Biden is elected and they win the Senate, they punted on reform for 7 months. 

How is this related to the NBA boycott? The players haven't even put out a full statement and you are already spinning it into a partisan issue.

Just now, F250 said:

How is this related to the NBA boycott? The players haven't even put out a full statement and you are already spinning it into a partisan issue.

I was talking about Democrats in Congress and attempted police reform. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I was asking what the players could specifically demand. Reform via legislation? There was an attempt at that. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

They are organized. It's a civilized, thoughtful group called Black Lives Matter. The finest tradition of American Black activism embraces peaceful engagement. The racists only see rioter, looters, and thugs no matter how few their number among the throng.

MLK is likely the most important American of the 20th Century. He kept the struggle from becoming a war which would have led America into holocaust territory as whites exterminated blacks by the million. King saved his people from slaughter and his country from becoming an outlaw state hated by the western world.

BLM is doing the same thing for all of us. Their reward from the Trump Party? Scorn and lies.

I'm not sure I made the point I was trying to make with clarity. Everything you say is true and it is good and it is the 'good trouble' to which John Lewis practiced and exampled, but it was not regarding BLM that I was talking about. If the police and militias and Proud Boys keep killing citizens, then some of those citizens will resist MLK's message and BLM's message and both of their methods and they will defend themselves by fighting back. I don't agree with violent resistance, but the way I view it there are too many guns and people willing to use them if they feel threatened. The Black Panther Party didn't spring up out of nowhere.

Yes, there are people who only see riots, looters, and thugs and some media only show riots, looters, and thugs. That is what they want to see. They don't want to change. They don't want to have to consider the past or the present and they cannot imagine a future where they and only they don't have power. It makes them uncomfortable. It makes them scared. But it doesn't make them think. So they start swinging clubs and shooting guns in some misplaced anger over property rights and patriotism. After killing that man, imagine that Illinois boy's fear when he suddenly realized that those people chasing him wanted to kill HIM. It's not a red badge of courage you're looking for, kid; it is the stain of our country's capacity to hate.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Left out an important contraction
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

In video allegedly taken after the shootings, an armed man, who appears to be Rittenhouse, walks directly toward four police vehicles, holding his weapon and his arms raised. People can be seen shouting at police that he had just shot someone, but the police vehicles drive past the armed man and do not detain him. When asked about the video Wednesday, Sheriff Beth said that in those situations police have “incredible tunnel vision” because of the loud noises — “there’s screaming, hollering, and chanting” — and could not explain why they did not detain him.

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

When asked about the video Wednesday, Sheriff Beth said that in those situations police have “incredible tunnel vision” because of the loud noises — “there’s screaming, hollering, and chanting” — and could not explain why they did not detain him.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Can’t wait to see the DT crowd praise the nba players for protesting peacefully.

Holy shit the DT "summer protest no politics" thread has devolved into posters wishing black people would come into the suburbs so they can light em up.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

He was just a kid! Show him some compassion!

/Sack and the other sack of shit racists on the DT board.

they've already decided it was clear self-defense and have returned to asking questions like "why DO black people commit more crime, then?"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Holy shit the DT "summer protest no politics" thread has devolved into posters wishing black people would come into the suburbs so they can light em up.

Says a lot about the notion of civil war that these fuckers dream about. They won't even leave their neighborhoods.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Says a lot about the notion of civil war that these fuckers dream about. They won't even leave their neighborhoods.

Isn't that so perfectly American?  I mean, we totally wanna go to war, man, and show those fuckers what's up!....but I mean, I ain't gonna leave my house or nuthin' to do it.

18 minutes ago, Foosters said:

You're not kidding.  So much wrong in that one.

And thread title has "riot" before "protest," which isn't accidental.   

Edit: LOL  "Summer Riots....(no politics please)"  What a load of horseshit.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

Look at just page 40 alone at the type of human beings we are sharing this country with. If you want to see why this election will not be the cure all, but only the opening salvo if Biden wins, that should be somewhat sobering. These cretins are out there just itching to shoot black people and they really don't need much provoking to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

You’re a lawyer.

If, and that’s a big if, the facts of the case are in line with what the initial report is from Wisconsin, what can the cop be charged with?

The 7 shots were definitely excessive, but what are the rules of engagement for a cop in that situation? If he says he thought he was going for a weapon, it’s fine? The guy admitted to having a knife.

Im sure y’all will neg away, but I’m trying to see how a resolution is found in this case. 

• Fuck You 2

31 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So, they tase him, he gets up, and they let walk around to the other side of the car?

If they believed he had a knife, let him get it and then draw your weapon and back up.

At no time did they say they feared for their personal safety or their lives were in danger.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Hook 'Em 2

Cops have to stop being executioners when faced with non-lethal threats.  Period.  That’s the holistic problem that has to be untrained.  You don’t shoot someone fleeing the scene (Atlanta) or in the back (here).  The training has taught them it’s ok to escalate that quickly.  That has to be fixed.  Police need a nationwide deprograming and I am afraid, like the gun issue, it’s too far gone to fix.  

Add to that the cops encouragement of the 17 yr old shooter last night just before he went out and killed two people, and the problem becomes even clearer.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

So, they tase him, he gets up, and they let walk around to the other side of the car?

If they believed he had a knife, let him get it and then draw your weapon and back up.

Well, you see, he's black. Blake's very existence and presence is a threat because, again, he's black. 

The first rule of a police encounter with a black man is shoot first and never ask questions.

The second rule is to make sure if you shoot a black man at point blank range seven times in the back that he dies. What officer wants to face the shame of not fulfilling their sacred oath to protect, serve and kill every black man or woman every chance you get?

17 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

If those are the facts of the case, what are the charges for the cop? 

Well, which was it....was he "going for a knife!" (which no officer said a word about at the time at the scene), or did they shoot him because he was about to get into a "car, which is a deadly weapon!"

Note, there is a knife in my car.  Just because I'm getting into my car doesn't mean I was "going for a knife."   If it did, then literally every time I am pulled over, the cops can and should shoot me (actually, it would be irresponsible for them NOT to shoot me -- I could stab someone before they know it!  Or I might drive my car into a lake with my kids inside!)

The mere possibility of risk doesn't justify a shooting.  They have to establish reasonable fear for their lives.   And "reasonable" needs to be more than a fucking scintilla of possibility.  Again, by the standard the cops would follow, any of us would be justified in shooting a cop because they have a proven track record of using unreasonable force, and for crying out loud, he had a gun!

That ain't the standard.  For us or them.

I hope this does turn into a more general strike.  It's the only sort of thing that even has a shot at making a difference.

• Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

You're not kidding.  So much wrong in that one.

And thread title has "riot" before "protest," which isn't accidental.   

Edit: LOL  "Summer Riots....(no politics please)"  What a load of horseshit.

Yep, that thread is an cesspool of excrement tongued off the boot of Good American Cops by super macho gun-totin' suburban patriots who excuse every shooting as self defense by right-wing political activists or justified use of force by law enforcement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You’re a lawyer.

If, and that’s a big if, the facts of the case are in line with what the initial report is from Wisconsin, what can the cop be charged with?

The 7 shots were definitely excessive, but what are the rules of engagement for a cop in that situation? If he says he thought he was going for a weapon, it’s fine? The guy admitted to having a knife.

Im sure y’all will neg away, but I’m trying to see how a resolution is found in this case. 

The quickest resolution would be to arrest the cop who killed Breonna Taylor. Then arrest this cop. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Sorry, indulge me in one more baseball tweet and a self-serving fan tweet.  I've put some the baseball forum, but mostly without comment (a dumb DT'er is already weighing in, and I honestly don't like to fight much on the interwebs anymore...if I get a few beers in me, that may change).

I may have never loved my favorite team more than today.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Right? American citizens are so quick to talk about American exceptionalism, yet we have terrible, unprofessional law enforcement who also happen to be little dick chickenshits. How is that cop so afraid in that situation that he shoots a guy seven times in the back just because he's trying to get in his car? He wasn't afraid, he was mad that the black guy didn't obey. That's what it always boils down to, pussy ass little children doing whatever they want to because they use their badge as a shield from punishment for their actions. 

• Hook 'Em 2