Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

37 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What’s the whole story here?

Why would you try to chase down an armed man when you are unarmed?

*man attempts to rescue kid who's drowning*

GRHorn: What's the story here? Why would you try to save a drowning child caught in a dangerous riptide?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Republicans are acting like it’s the protests and violence that are what’s “alienating” them after BLM and it’s supporters have finally hit their breaking point after four years of BLM in particular and decades of police abuse against Black Americans.

Flashback to 2016 - Republicans cry and holler and pretend to boycott the NFL because Colin Kaepernick kneels for the first time and BLM is born.

Y’all snowflaky fraidycat racists lost your tiny minds over a Black man respectfully kneeling but now it’s the protests??

The rest of us aren’t as stupid as Republicans are so y’all need to do some more message workshopping.

Looks like Don Lemon would fail a Surly CR purity test. 

Maybe step out of the echo chamber, Bama

• Fuck You 3

Too many battles. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/25/realestate/blacks-minorities-appraisals-discrimination.html

"Abena and Alex Horton wanted to take advantage of low home-refinance rates brought on by the coronavirus crisis. So in June, they took the first step in that process, welcoming a home appraiser into their four-bedroom, four-bath ranch-style house in Jacksonville, Fla.

The Hortons live just minutes from the Ortega River, in a predominantly white neighborhood of 1950s homes that tend to sell for $350,000 to $550,000. They had expected their home to appraise for around $450,000, but the appraiser felt differently, assigning a value of $330,000. Ms. Horton, who is Black, immediately suspected discrimination.

The couple’s bank agreed that the value was off and ordered a second appraisal. But before the new appraiser could arrive, Ms. Horton, a lawyer, began an experiment: She took all family photos off the mantle. Instead, she hung up a series of oil paintings of Mr. Horton, who is white, and his grandparents that had been in storage. Books by Zora Neale Hurston and Toni Morrison were taken off the shelves, and holiday photo cards sent by friends were edited so that only those showing white families were left on display. On the day of the appraisal, Ms. Horton took the couple’s 6-year-old son on a shopping trip to Target, and left Mr. Horton alone at home to answer the door.

The new appraiser gave their home a value of $465,000 — a more than 40 percent increase from the first appraisal."

--------------------------------------

"After the first appraisal came up short on his house in an affluent, racially mixed suburb of Hartford, Conn., Stephen Richmond, an aerospace engineer, took down family photos and posters for Black movies and had a white neighbor stand in for him on a second appraisal. He was hoping to refinance; with the second report, he saw his home’s value go up $40,000 from the initial appraisal just a few weeks earlier."

"

In 2000, the American actor and comedian D.L. Hughley had an appraisal on his home in the Montevista Estates neighborhood of West Hills, a primarily white area in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. Despite a steady uptick in the housing market and the addition of a pool and new hardwood floors, the house was appraised for nearly what he had bought it for three years earlier — $500,000.

In Mr. Hughley’s case, his bank flagged the report.

“They were like, this has to be some kind of mistake because in order for your house to have come in this low; it would have to be in some level of disrepair,” Mr. Hughley said.

The bank ordered a new appraisal, which came back $160,000 higher, and Mr. Hughley went on to sell the home for $770,000."

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But all of your energy -- all of it -- is spent criticizing those uppity negroes for daring to be pissed off about police brutality.  They can't protest peacefully ("shut up and dribble!").  They can't commit peaceful civil disobedience ("don't block traffic!")   They can't do anything, except sit there for your patronizing pat on the head (in private, apparently, because public demonstrations are disrespectful of America and the flag and the troops and our greatest president IN HISTORY, GREATER THAN LINCOLN EVEN) telling them "gosh, you're right, that IS bad, really sorry little fella".....while you happily enjoy and work to preserve the status quo.

And you wonder why some people want to literally burn everything down.  It's fucking enraging.

These same people that clutch their pearls over a looted Radio Shack in response to police literally murdering black people, were gleefully cheering the Bundy clan when they were willing to execute federal officers over a dispute on where their cattle could graze. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Interesting that a white guy with a long gun can walk right up to a police car, while others drive by, gun over shoulder with hands up and not get told to get on ground immediately (or shot).  That video is the definition of white privilege.  Hope he gets a felony murder charge even if he tries to plead self defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Looks to me like some guys grabbed their guns and went out hunting....and the cops supported them.  

But those guys -- you know, guys who actually shot and killed people -- they aren't "thugs."  Not at all.

Same old same old.

Over 200 years ago in Virginia, Gabriel's Conspiracy, Nat Turner's Rebellion, and John Brown's Raid were actual organized uprisings (or in the case of Gabriel's Conspiracy, planned uprisings) against slavery, oppression, and tyranny. White Americans beat, slaughtered, and killed many as a result. W.E.B. Du Bois once stated, "the attitudes of an "imprisoned" group could take three forms: "a feeling of revolt and revenge; an attempt to adjust all thought and action to the will of the greater groups; or, finally, a determined attempt at self-development, self-realization, in spite of envisioning discouragements and prejudice." Through the retelling of the events of enslaved  blacksmith, Gabriel and slave preacher, Nat Turner, John Brown determined that he, too, would act for emancipation and ended up hanging from the end of a rope. "Death or Liberty" was Gabriel's motto taken and adapted from 1775's Patrick Henry.

These current protests are uprisings against oppression and tyranny and white Americans are showing up once more. Some to support and some once more to beat and murder those who cry out for justice.

From Selma to Tulsa to Charlottesville to Minneapolis their blood spatters all over the pages of history. What was it the RNC adopted during the convention? The teaching of American Exceptionalism? It must be America for all, EXCEPT if you're not white.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Where’s the concern trolling for this?

We should remember the rhetoric of the person who has emboldened white supremacists to commit these acts of murder. The President of the United States has gleefully looked on and condoned this. Thank you cult members once again for supporting your cult leader through thick and thin. The rest of us can only “thank you” because we sure enjoy seeing our fellow Americans get shot dead in the street by some of your team members. This is sad, tragic, embarrassing and if you think for one damn moment that any of you will magically get to just disappear and not own your part in all of this you’re wrong. Even the one concern trolling here will have to pay a price for all of this. This is all sickening to witness.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, UpperWestside said:

We should remember the rhetoric of the person who has emboldened white supremacists to commit these acts of murder. The President of the United States has gleefully looked on and condoned this. Thank you cult once again for supporting your cult leader through thick and thin. The rest of us can only “thank you” because we sure enjoy seeing our fellow Americans get shot dead in the street by some of your team members. This is sad, tragic, embarrassing and if you think for one damn moment that any of you will magically get to just disappear and not own your part in all of this you’re wrong. Even the one concern trolling here will have to pay a price for all of this. This is all sickening to witness.

Let's don't forget the cops who gave armed, untrained, unregulated civilians water and told them they appreciated them coming out to help in an extremely volatile situation.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

The media has indoctrinated folks with some much (extreme) propaganda, that no one has sanity to say "I disagree, but that's ok"...

118222142_10159258793563690_537169098298

The end result as stated before, is overthrow the stability of the United States as a sovereign nation, who dies on either side, is ok...

Edited by kopp0e
  • Like 2

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears, but I feel terrible for everyone in this situation. But on this incident specifically, this is a kid who threw his life away because, like the tweet above says, this type of shit has been glorified and he honestly thinks he's serving a just cause. He obviously deserves to have justice brought against him, but nobody is a winner here. We're all losing. Badly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

But Antifa, right?

If you read the DT thread right now, that is exactly right. Seriously, the problem isn't that a white supremacist just killed people, it is that the "riots" caused the situation to exist. Fucking crazy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If you read the DT thread right now, that is exactly right. Seriously, the problem isn't that a white supremacist just killed people, it is that the "riots" caused the situation to exist. Fucking crazy shit. 

We live in a country where the insane racists that populate that part of this board are running amok blaming everyone else for what is wrong when anyone with an IQ north of 12 can see that supporting Dotard and his racist agenda IS THE PROBLEM. Supporting white supremacy in any form IS THE PROBLEM. We are living in crazy town right now and the worst elements of our society just cheer it on and blame everyone but themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But all of your energy -- all of it -- is spent criticizing those uppity negroes for daring to be pissed off about police brutality.  They can't protest peacefully ("shut up and dribble!").  They can't commit peaceful civil disobedience ("don't block traffic!")   They can't do anything, except sit there for your patronizing pat on the head (in private, apparently, because public demonstrations are disrespectful of America and the flag and the troops and our greatest president IN HISTORY, GREATER THAN LINCOLN EVEN) telling them "gosh, you're right, that IS bad, really sorry little fella".....while you happily enjoy and work to preserve the status quo.

And you wonder why some people want to literally burn everything down.  It's fucking enraging.

You have anger control issues. That is known. Perhaps when you and your ilk get enraged, take a moment to think how the people actually involved feel. 

• Fuck You 7

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Where’s the concern trolling for this?

I'm behind on the news. I guess my latent racism or sense of just rage made me assume the shooting was angry protesters at the police. That would have been terrible. 

This is an absolute outrage if these tweets are true about police collusion with armed gangs. Outrageous but hardly surprising the more our eyes are forced open in these Days of Blatancy. This playing out against the second-rate Riefenstahl presentation from the White House is...fuck, I don't have a word for it.

Fuck.

38 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You have anger control issues. That is known. Perhaps when you and your ilk get enraged, take a moment to think how the people actually involved feel. 

They feel just like I do:

The violence sucks, is not productive, and has to stop.

And that fucksticks like you who focus only on that, and not on the utterly fucked up society and systems that bring us to this point, are a waste of fucking oxygen.

I'm good with that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm behind on the news. I guess my latent racism or sense of just rage made me assume the shooting was angry protesters at the police. That would have been terrible. 

This is an absolute outrage if these tweets are true about police collusion with armed gangs. Outrageous but hardly surprising the more our eyes are forced open in these Days of Blatancy. This playing out against the second-rate Riefenstahl presentation from the White House is...fuck, I don't have a word for it.

Fuck.

They (or someone with their dept) are probably the ones that sent the call out for militias that was spread on the ‘chan’ and social media. 

They welcome this because, in addition to being racist, many are lazy and cowardly and the ones that aren’t go along to get along. 

Just as the militias like to play dress up, so do many police. They have bigger toys and can legally use them. They also like the ego hit from being looked up to and deferred to by the cosplay soldiers. 

Right now, this is all disorganized protesting. What should scare the shit out of those cosplay soldiers is for all the internet sites, video games, and drilling they do, they lack two things that the people they keep trying to kill have: desperation and desire. 

Okay three things: intelligence. If the resistance ever finds it necessary  to get organized, they are going to outplay the cosplayers. (Leafblowers United says it all)

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And the pigs are blaming the dead victims.

Interesting, so the behavior of Kenosha, WI cops last week is now excused because of something some other guy did with a gun, in a different state, days later, 20 miles away?  Got it.  This is really gonna change up New York/Connecticut law.  I didn't realize you could justify your police officer's illegal behavior by going into the future, across state lines, and 20 miles away, and using those instances as justification.  

I musta missed the sequel to "Minority Report, Part II: Pre-Crimes, Stateline Edition!"  

Some surly attorney please explain to me in what peyote drenched world either of these two issues are remotely linked to be brought up at a police chief PC.

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Well there’s a whole frenzy of brigading on the Internet right now, once they killed T_D on Reddit those types infested /r/conservative and it’s even more rampant in the actualpublicfreakouts subreddit as well.  

Personally I abhor pointless rioting, destroying innocent businesses or hurling things at police...then again I see how the cops let actual gun-toting white guys waltz around and even thanking them for being there, and guess they feel they’ve run out of options to express their valid frustrations even if it’s counterproductive towards the ultimate goals and only fuels RW talking points   

What gets me here is the consistent pattern of low or no volume posters who come out of the woodwork to take part in the most divisive threads and consistently take the same side...hell that Iowa guy is about to get banned in DT for vehemently defending police.  They’re not bots like those twitter spammers, these guys use natural language and participate in real conversations...but they way they suddenly go cock strong into intense debates seems very suspicious to me.  

Maybe I’m off base, but I chose very carefully where to enter this rabid community back in 2010 when I joined...certainly not jumping right into the CR or gun conversations on a mission.  

Anyways just an observation that I’ve posted about before.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They feel just like I do:

The violence sucks, is not productive, and has to stop.

And that fucksticks like you who focus only on that, and not on the utterly fucked up society and systems that bring us to this point, are a waste of fucking oxygen.

I'm good with that.

That's why I had to stop reading the pearl-clutching sniffs on DT.

A car was burned. A store was robbed. It's all simple lawless hooliganism just like I always think it is. I LIKE BLACK PEOPLE, but they need to be more law-abiding like we good citizens.

Absolutely no politics which actually means no political disagreement with the cowering collective circle-jerking like it's the good old days. Life was so simple when they could ditto Rush and sigh along with Ronnie as the sun rose again on America.

I don't want to hate those guys, but it's gets more difficult everytime I read one of their smug posts.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They (or someone with their dept) are probably the ones that sent the call out for militias that was spread on the ‘chan’ and social media. 

They welcome this because, in addition to being racist, many are lazy and cowardly and the ones that aren’t go along to get along. 

Just as the militias like to play dress up, so do many police. They have bigger toys and can legally use them. They also like the ego hit from being looked up to and deferred to by the cosplay soldiers. 

Right now, this is all disorganized protesting. What should scare the shit out of those cosplay soldiers is for all the internet sites, video games, and drilling they do, they lack two things that the people they keep trying to kill have: desperation and desire. 

Okay three things: intelligence. If the resistance ever finds it necessary  to get organized, they are going to outplay the cosplayers. (Leafblowers United says it all)

They are organized. It's a civilized, thoughtful group called Black Lives Matter. The finest tradition of American Black activism embraces peaceful engagement. The racists only see rioter, looters, and thugs no matter how few their number among the throng.

MLK is likely the most important American of the 20th Century. He kept the struggle from becoming a war which would have led America into holocaust territory as whites exterminated blacks by the million. King saved his people from slaughter and his country from becoming an outlaw state hated by the western world.

BLM is doing the same thing for all of us. Their reward from the Trump Party? Scorn and lies.

• Hook 'Em 1