AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

10 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Would be nice if the article named the fuckstick parent who assaulted the teacher.  Maybe that douchebag is proud of his actions, but it'd be nice if his name was publicized.  Not sure why there's any liability risk or other reason to keep the name out of the news.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am still on Casis mailing list and just got note that a positive case was reported. Not sure how on 1st day they would already have validated test results (I wouldn't trust rapid test for this), but it has started.

Any details on class/group? I have not heard anything on this yet.

26 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Casis was very anti-mask from the AISD survey a few weeks ago. Like only 40% would have their kids wear a mask.

I went to the Parent Informational and Meet the Teacher yesterday and every single person was wearing masks. This morning drop off I witnessed zero mask ripping ;)

So a school district broke the law trying to require face masks and is mad someone broke the law by ripping off a teachers face mask?   Districts and school are just setting themselves up for this kind of shit by implementing illegal mask laws regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Edited by midtown
  • Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Any details on class/group? I have not heard anything on this yet.

I went to the Parent Informational and Meet the Teacher yesterday and every single person was wearing masks. This morning drop off I witnessed zero mask ripping ;)

No details, was just a mass note from Tinnon. My youngest is a 6th grader at O'Henry now, I was just still on the distro for Casis.

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

So a school district broke the law trying to require face masks and is mad someone broke the law by ripping off a teachers face mask?

Yes, a school district defying the governor's order is justifiably upset that a piece of shit parent decided, rather than simply siding with the governor's order and refusing to have his child wear a mask, to assault a teacher who elected to wear a mask.  JFC.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

No details, was just a mass note from Tinnon. My youngest is a 6th grader at O'Henry now, I was just still on the distro for Casis.

I guess i'm not on the list. Post it here if you have a chance.

Edited by ZB'Tejas
correction

So a school district broke the law trying to require face masks and is mad someone broke the law by ripping off a teachers face mask?   Districts and school are just setting themselves up for this kind of shit by implementing illegal mask laws regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Serious?

9 minutes ago, midtown said:

There are conflicting orders right now.

And saying school districts are setting themselves up for people to act like children and assault teachers is a pretty dumb thing to say, even for you.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, midtown said:

To address your second sentence, no, districts and schools are not setting themselves up for piece of shit parents assaulting teachers.  Piece of shit parents decide to do that themselves.  Not because of any provocation from districts and schools.  But because they're pieces of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

And saying school districts are setting themselves up for people to act like children and assault teachers is a pretty dumb thing to say, even for you.

Both my parents were teachers in the 80's.   Parents acting like children is nothing new.   Do they really not have meetings where someone brings up the possibility that going against the law is going to cause people to lose their shit?

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I guess i'm not on the list. Post it here if you have a chance.

Notification of Positive COVID-19 Case

Cougar PRIDE Families,

Attached you will find a letter from AISD regarding a positive COVID-19 case. Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our students, staff, partners, and families. 

Thanks.

Samuel Tinnon

Principal

(rest of note were hyperlinks to LivingTree (app that Casis uses for communication etc)

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, midtown said:

dear uninformed genius, eanes communications have been clear that masks while travis county has issued a mandate, the texas supreme court undermined the enforcement of any mask mandate and that it was up to parents and students how they wanted to proceed.

yet you think it is somehow the district's responsibility that some fuckstick just walked up to a teacher (on the day their kids were supposed to meet their teachers) who made a choice to wear a mask (not mandated, a personal choice) and violently ripped it off?

jesus fucking christ this board. 

can't imagine why the teacher would want to wear a mask with some dumbfuck like that's kid in their class.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

Serious.  It's kind of ironic isn't it?   That parent is a piece of shit.   But is anyone surprised at the level of jackassery?  That this is causing?

The jackassery wasn't caused by the school interpreting the mixed messages/orders/rulings that are coming from Governor/Courts/County Health Departments/Internal GC's.  

Think about what happened midtown.  The parents receive the email invitation to come "meet the teacher over lemonade and school supplies."  He sees the teacher is a woman because they all included their names and photos.  He can even accurately surmise her size and age from the myriad pictures in the email and yearbook.  The email states, multiple times, that all teachers and staff will be adhering to mask mandates, even on "meet the teacher day."  All campuses this morning worked the same way, you parked and entered the building through pre-approved corridors.  You are encouraged to make your way either to your child's classroom or the cafeteria for snacks/lemonade.  While walking from your car all the way to one of those two rooms, you will have passed dozens of teachers and possibly hundreds of parents/children.  All in masks. So you know the score from the email and from your own eyes as you make your way through the building.  

So the guy makes it all the way to the 1st grade classroom in the back of the campus, having passed hundreds of masks.  And the he decides to unload on an innocent, young tiny female teacher, grabbing her violently and ripping at her face and throat with his hands.  ALL IN PLAIN VIEW OF A HUNDRED CHILDREN.  

That guy wasn't driven to that by a bureaucrat district CLO misreading some court rulings.  I promise you his morning was fomenting as the kids got dressed, "I'm gonna take a stand!"  He memorized the teacher's top half of her face since he knew it'd be covered when he got to school.  And instead of driving his kid to school talking about how exciting the year would be and making new friends and learning new shit, all the cliche stuff we other dads did this morning......he let his rage slowly build at each and every stoplight.  And then he huffed and puffed all the way into the building, dragging his 6 year old by the wrist.  And he beelined to the back of the building to find this teacher and take his little stand.  It's too late now, but if you were to pull a toxicology report on this guy...he'd have had some drugs coursing through his system.  

If you think this was some, "I just couldn't take the pressure and snapped, my apologies."........you're out of your fucking mind.  This guy was planning this since he got the email on Monday until the time he woke up Tuesday and was sitting in the garage popping or snorting who knows what?  Maybe something else bad is going on his life right now.  It's probably a better defense for him than your moronic proposal.  Pick him up as a client since he was driven to this by bad liberal health policy.  I'll PM you his name.  

Maybe the Proud Boys will take him on as a charity case because he's about to become the biggest pariah in West Austin, and that's an area known for asshole breeding.  

59 minutes ago, sidis said:

it did not say anything.  apparently the police were not called which is infuriating.  it was a first grade teacher valley view elementary that was assaulted.  the principal apparently met with the parents and encouraged them to enroll their children at a different school.

so tired of this district being a bunch of fucking pussies when dealing with these shit-for-brains.  trying to get info on the piece of shit that did it.

I used to live in that part of the district (we are now in cedar creek/hill country).  Put this shit on blast if you do find out who it is.  These people should be doxxed , shamed and harassed.  His employer should know about it as should all neighbors.  Fuck these assholes.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, midtown said:

New York No GIF by HULU

For Surly input, I present the Covid protocols for my kid's school.  I have two school aged kids 13 and 15, both vaccinated.  School is a small private school with at most 60 students in ATX.  It is middle and high school aged kids only.

My first impressions are does not go far enough, seems like it was made to please everybody, and difficult to enforce without flare.

Wanted to get some group think on this for my response but mostly to have some ideas that are not my own when my wife quizzes me.

I’ve listed below the measures with which we will begin the year:

• We are always keeping an eye on the wellness of our students, and always do a general wellness check as part of our morning arrival welcome and greeting. As always, if your student is showing signs of illness, they will be required to stay home.
  • For students age 12+ who are unvaccinated, masks will be required.
  • For students age 12+ who are vaccinated, masks will be optional. If your family is making the personal choice to mask even if vaccinated, we fully support you and will help to make sure your student is masking at school. We know that some of you have people at home who cannot vaccinate, and will support your student to mask for an extra layer of safety.
  • For students who are under the age eligible for vaccination (under the age of 12) masks will be optional. Again, we will fully support your choice to mask at school.
  • In the event of a Covid exposure on campus, we will consult with health experts and may need to close the school.

For students age 12+, if you choose not to wear a mask, you will need to show proof of vaccination. If you’re child is vaccinated, please send a photograph or photocopy of your child’s vaccination record for us to keep on file. Please send this as soon as possible, or bring your student’s vaccination card on Day 1 so that we can make a photocopy. If we do not have proof of vaccination we will ask your student to wear a mask on campus.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

the principal apparently met with the parents and encouraged them to enroll their children at a different school.

I’m hoping that’s a euphemism for permanently banning them from campus, otherwise, what’s the point of admin if they won’t support faculty when they’re assaulted?

6 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

For Surly input, I present the Covid protocols for my kid's school.  I have two school aged kids 13 and 15, both vaccinated.  School is a small private school with at most 60 students in ATX.  It is middle and high school aged kids only.

My first impressions are does not go far enough, seems like it was made to please everybody, and difficult to enforce without flare.

Wanted to get some group think on this for my response but mostly to have some ideas that are not my own when my wife quizzes me.

• We are always keeping an eye on the wellness of our students, and always do a general wellness check as part of our morning arrival welcome and greeting. As always, if your student is showing signs of illness, they will be required to stay home.
  • For students age 12+ who are vaccinated, masks will be optional. If your family is making the personal choice to mask even if vaccinated, we fully support you and will help to make sure your student is masking at school. We know that some of you have people at home who cannot vaccinate, and will support your student to mask for an extra layer of safety.
  • For students who are under the age eligible for vaccination (under the age of 12) masks will be optional. Again, we will fully support your choice to mask at school.
  • In the event of a Covid exposure on campus, we will consult with health experts and may need to close the school.

For students age 12+, if you choose not to wear a mask, you will need to show proof of vaccination. If you’re child is vaccinated, please send a photograph or photocopy of your child’s vaccination record for us to keep on file. Please send this as soon as possible, or bring your student’s vaccination card on Day 1 so that we can make a photocopy. If we do not have proof of vaccination we will ask your student to wear a mask on campus.

This sounds very reasonable and a great policy for all those who would attend; respects everyone's rights and freedoms by law and seems to strike professional yet empathetic and understanding tone for all. I'd be pleased with this.

11 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I'm about 99% sure there's going to be a considerable contingent of "muh rights" huns sending in fake/photoshopped vaccine card pictures to avoid their child wearing a TYANNICAL(!!!!!) facemask. 

IMO - just wear a fucking facemask. It drastically reduces airborne viral load by keeping potentially virus-carrying droplets out of the air, and we know that even if you're vaccinated that you can still be a carrier of COVID and pass it on, albiet at a lower rate than unvaxxed people. Facemasks work and are not the burden that so many relish bitching about.

Use every tool in the toolbox to fight COVID, all at once. No more half measures, otherwise this just keeps on going indefinitely.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm about 99% sure there's going to be a considerable contingent of "muh rights" huns sending in fake/photoshopped vaccine card pictures to avoid their child wearing a TYANNICAL(!!!!!) facemask. 
IMO - just wear a fucking facemask. It drastically reduces airborne viral load by keeping potentially virus-carrying droplets out of the air, and we know that even if you're vaccinated that you can still be a carrier of COVID and pass it on, albiet at a lower rate than unvaxxed people. Facemasks work and are not the burden that so many relish bitching about.
Use every tool in the toolbox to fight COVID, all at once. No more half measures, otherwise this just keeps on going indefinitely.

Way too much common sense in this post

27 minutes ago, Abogado Peligroso said:

I used to live in that part of the district (we are now in cedar creek/hill country).  Put this shit on blast if you do find out who it is.  These people should be doxxed , shamed and harassed.  His employer should know about it as should all neighbors.  Fuck these assholes.  

i am eanes elementary but wife works in the district.  trying to learn who it is in order to do just that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Seriously, what fucking freedoms are we talking about?  The State of Texas mandates that students K-12 get a host of vaccinations as a condition to attendance, including dip/tet, polio, measles, hepatitis, and others.  See here:  https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/school-requirements.aspx.  Why is that not any more of an assault against muh free-dums than requiring the vaccine for eligible students or requiring masks if the student isn't vaccinated?  What the fuck changed during COVID? 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

58 minutes ago, midtown said:

Both my parents were teachers in the 80's.   Parents acting like children is nothing new.   Do they really not have meetings where someone brings up the possibility that going against the law is going to cause people to lose their shit?

What law prevents teachers from wearing masks?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I ain’t calling in shit.  This parent wears this kinda shit as a badge of honor.  An arrest probably furthers the martyr status.  I feel bad for the teacher.  Real fucking fun coming to work each morning having to look over your shoulder from the faculty lot to your classroom.  

The spouse In question is a real beta cuck, the kind ‘real Texas men’ make fun of even though they all have a wild amount in common.  Might be cathartic to shove a mask in his mouth while beating the shit out of him to square up karma.  

What does his name rhyme with?

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not too concerned about the "muh rights" people.  Just not many people going to this school that have that mindset.

My concern is the effectiveness of the policy.  Seems like the goal of a good policy would be to protect especially those who cannot get vaccinated yet (the under 12 group) and those who are otherwise not vaccinated by having all students wear a mask.  Hell there are only 60 students and this wave is not going to last forever.

Implementation is another issue.  If this were my policy I would have armbands indicating if student is under 12 and another indicating vaccine status.  Otherwise, how is the policy going to be enforced?  Of course after a period of time this could be done away with as staff becomes familiar with student info.  But why mess with that Nazi shit at all?  Just have all wear a mask and be done with it.

Seems like they are asking for an administrative headache for a policy that is going to be ineffective.

Anti-Mask Rally tonight at the EISD administrative building at 5:00p.  

I'll be the guy on the news carrying a sign that says we should start a legal gofundme account for the asshole Dad who beats female teachers in front of children.  

And yes, we're getting cocktails first. 

I'm not gonna reveal his name, not my place.  I'm sure many of you know him.  It'll be pubic knowledge later tonight.  Maybe we should meet him after school behind the playground, Ray Velcoro style?  I dunno.  I honestly wouldn't have even batted an eye had he done this on some P/T conference day or some shit.  I'd think it was shitty for a grown man to do to a female teacher who is young and small, but I guess I'd just think, "Yeah, 2021 virtue signaling.  This is what it means to be a Texas hardass man nowadays."  But he did it with a hundred kids around, and it was the first fucking day of school (not even, just the meet the teacher day).  Now, for the next 186 days, that woman is going to be justfiably terrified each day.  That's the second crime here.  And the third crime is, she was already stressed the fuck out as it is with Covid-19, so you add this???----------she's probably not gonna be terribly effective as a teacher to the other 21 kids in her classroom.  They'll all suffer as a result of this asshole.  

But hey...like Midtown said...what did we expect was gonna happen?  Not all heroes wear capes, eh Midtown?  Whatever happens to this Dad next...hey it's like Midtown said, "Sorry I ruined the guy's life...what did you think was gonna happen with all these mask rules?"  Is that a good defense you fucking child? 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll be the guy on the news carrying a sign that says we should start a legal gofundme account for the asshole Dad who beats female teachers in front of children.  

Make sure to put his name on the sign and I'll buy your cocktails.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wonder if this is going to be like Halloween where all the other parts of town head over to get in on the rich people protest...er candy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Pulled from the Leander ISD page.  Note we went back to school Thursday last week, so at the end of today 4 days total in school.  

image.png.e0e23e94330dbb0c45de772d82e1b0e6.png

Just curious as they used to show both types. Were these cases caught IN school or cases caught anywhere?

If you're not gonna stop by for the insane politics of otherwise highly educated and successful people (so people better than me), at least come by for the yoga pants.  

Yeah, I can already tell I feel like going to start some shit.  I wouldn't care had this not happened in front of kids.  Teachers should be heroes to them, not punching bags for drunken dads with rage problems.  

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

Just curious as they used to show both types. Were these cases caught IN school or cases caught anywhere?

They don't break it out in the totals, but if dive into the individual cases they report last time in school and the classes they were in.  Here's a link - https://www.leanderisd.org/covid19dashboard/

Yesterday there were a lot reported where "last day in school" was the 13th.  Today you're seeing several of last day in school was yesterday.

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

They only track at the week.  So where you see 8/20, that's for the school week that ends on 8/20, so only this Monday 8/16, and Today 8/17.  It will continue to go up through the week

So on Sunday you will be living in the past.  Got it.

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you're not gonna stop by for the insane politics of otherwise highly educated and successful people (so people better than me), at least come by for the yoga pants.  

Yeah, I can already tell I feel like going to start some shit.  I wouldn't care had this not happened in front of kids.  Teachers should be heroes to them, not punching bags for drunken dads with rage problems.  

What alcohol would you recommend for an early crazy?

• hayden_horn changed the title to AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18