AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

They don't break it out in the totals, but if dive into the individual cases they report last time in school and the classes they were in.  Here's a link - https://www.leanderisd.org/covid19dashboard/

Yesterday there were a lot reported where "last day in school" was the 13th.  Today you're seeing several of last day in school was yesterday.

That last time still could be they caught covid at the park over the weekend, came to class and then found out.

The state used to show both broken out. I just pulled it up but it hasn't caught up to Leander's being open yet. State still showing ~800 kids out of 5.4M having a positive case across state.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, midtown said:

So a school district broke the law trying to require face masks and is mad someone broke the law by ripping off a teachers face mask?   Districts and school are just setting themselves up for this kind of shit by implementing illegal mask laws regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

we-got-him-we.gif

1 hour ago, Mole said:

I’m hoping that’s a euphemism for permanently banning them from campus, otherwise, what’s the point of admin if they won’t support faculty when they’re assaulted?

Most likely is.  If a parent rips the face mask off of a teacher and the principal does nothing, the other teachers and a shit-ton of parents will be furious and it will get out.

Especially the parents.  I wouldn't want a psychopath with kids at my kids' school, and I'd be raising hell to see that charges are pressed and that he does not step foot anywhere said school.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just curious as they used to show both types. Were these cases caught IN school or cases caught anywhere?

We're only 5 days from the first day of school, any cases transmitted in-school would only just now start hitting the number.

Also, the chart shows somewhere around 37 cases as of 8/13, which was only the second day of school.

So really, that chart is pretty wonky.

Edit: My browser wasn't refreshing and this has been covered.  Not much chance ANY of those are in-school transmission.  

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, Abogado Peligroso said:

I used to live in that part of the district (we are now in cedar creek/hill country).  Put this shit on blast if you do find out who it is.  These people should be doxxed , shamed and harassed.  His employer should know about it as should all neighbors.  Fuck these assholes.  

Yep.  His employer and all of his neighbors.

I don't care if he's got personal demons or issues, if he's willing to pull that shit with another person, whether in front of kids or not, he deserves to have his life ruined.  Psychotic assholes like that need to serve as examples to other would-be assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

If only there had been some way to reduce his risk of exposure to airborne particles that he could have used. You would think with all of our advancements in science that this is something we could come up with.

now now, don't be insensitive to his PeRsOnAl BeLiEfS - you'll only embarrass him into further negligent behavior. Or something

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Surprised that the Leanderthals are going against the governor's order.

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Oh trust me, the shit that went down at Eanes will be nothing compared to the idiots up here.

Everyone I know in real life is fine with it.  Our kids were already wearing masks, and now the rest of their classmates will join them.

BUT

I know one crazy lady that I went to high school with, who lives in Steiner Ranch and her kids go to Vandegrift.  Let's just say, I'm looking forward to the fireworks on Facebook tonight after she's had a couple glasses of chardonnay and decides to vent.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Crazy you say?  Might be some fun, if you are willing to be tested for multiple diseases afterward.

quagmire GIF

She's very attractive, even now, many years post-high-school.  Your classic hot/crazy matrix would place her at the top right well into the Danger Zone.

If you're not gonna stop by for the insane politics of otherwise highly educated and successful people (so people better than me), at least come by for the yoga pants.  
Yeah, I can already tell I feel like going to start some shit.  I wouldn't care had this not happened in front of kids.  Teachers should be heroes to them, not punching bags for drunken dads with rage problems.  
That's the exact demo I hope to avoid right now, the wound up wackadoodles. now the stretchy pants, I just love me some stretch pants.

Everyone I know in real life is fine with it.  Our kids were already wearing masks, and now the rest of their classmates will join them.
BUT
I know one crazy lady that I went to high school with, who lives in Steiner Ranch and her kids go to Vandegrift.  Let's just say, I'm looking forward to the fireworks on Facebook tonight after she's had a couple glasses of chardonnay and decides to vent.

Send me her address, I live across the lake and can catapult dog shit to her address, with reasonable accuracy, and hey its Steiner so a miss is still a hit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

My kiddo is in AISD. Said mask usage was solid, loves his teachers already, and he's generally stoked.

Except his high school elected to do one lunch period. So 2200 plus kids all jockeying for a horizontal surface to eat lunch in a space designed for maybe 400

Shits shutting down in two weeks.

What a fucking joke.

we thought remote learning sucked. This semester is going to be ass my dude

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

My kiddo is in AISD. Said mask usage was solid, loves his teachers already, and he's generally stoked.

Except his high school elected to do one lunch period. So 2200 plus kids all jockeying for a horizontal surface to eat lunch in a space designed for maybe 400

What a fucking joke.

My 9th grader came home today and said "High School is so much better than middle school, anyone who complains that HS are the worst years of their lives are weak."

Austin High doesn't cram people into cafeteria. They have anywhere on campus to eat (except third floor) so there is a shit ton of room to spread out and eat lunch.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

What a fucking joke.

People who use the terms kiddo, wifey, or hubby are more detestable than non-mask wearers. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Free candy and a Free Covid test?  Permission to come aboard Captain Gacy?  

Just got a fun email from the local ISD Superintendent.  Apparently yesterday at one of the "meet the teacher" events around the district (not our campus, ours was today)...two separate and really fun incidents.  One verbal assault by a parent of a teacher wearing a mask.  And then a separate incident where a parent physically assaulted a teacher wearing a mask.  Grabbed the teacher by the arm/shoulder with one hand and ripped off their mask with the other hand.  What's more?  In plain sight of dozens of children.  

I bet dollars to donuts I know precisely who the parent was without using any lifelines, even though it's an older kids' campus where we don't attend.  If I'm wrong, GoLL will pay you back on my behalf.  I knew there'd be some parental showdowns and virtual signaling, and we're all likely gonna be fried a month or two from now with all this mitigation protocol.  But I did not envision somebody losing their fucking mind at "Meet the Teacher Lemonade Social" the first goddamn day in plain view of half the school kids.  But I read the incident report again and I'm 99% confident I know exactly who the parent is.  Their campaign slogan looks something like this:

C :  Children

U : Unmasked 

N : Need 

T : Teachers Unmasked! 

I pity the dumb motherfucker that's stupid enough to try some shit like that with Mrs. Wood (no pics) ... not because of what I'd do to them, but because of what she'd do.

8 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am still on Casis mailing list and just got note that a positive case was reported. Not sure how on 1st day they would already have validated test results (I wouldn't trust rapid test for this), but it has started.

They probably tested + over the weekend, like with the 10 kids who tested positive at my wife's (no pics) school.

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

What a fucking joke.

Bowie? Yeah, my kids reported all of the same.

My 9th grader came home today and said "High School is so much better than middle school, anyone who complains that HS are the worst years of their lives are weak."
Austin High doesn't cram people into cafeteria. They have anywhere on campus to eat (except third floor) so there is a shit ton of room to spread out and eat lunch.
Well I guess I should have moved my ex to Tarrytown

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Anderson.

Go Bulldogs, yall have a scrappy Mountain Bike Team and it looks like close to a nice campus

Yeah my kid was on the MTB team & did really well, but would rather play baseball & volleyball. Nice enough campus, but all under construction right now, and parking is always a nightmare there. So they built a 3 or 4 story parking garage for the kids to park in. What could possible go wrong?

My boys said they were having to walk around looking for a place to eat, and there were kids sitting on the ground eating all over the place in the courtyard. WTF?

• hayden_horn changed the title to AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18