EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well well look at Everton.

indeed.  seem to have gotten at least some of the offensive mojo back.  a season defined by international breaks.

4-0-0 (with a win over tottenham)

international break.

0-3-1

international break

3-1-1 (with wins over chelsea and leicester)

the arsenal match this weekend is huge.  they are beaten down and we can really benefit if we step on their throats.

on another note, is anyone else getting to a point where they find liverpool games are getting unwatchable because their players fucking have a conniption fit every single time a call doesn't go their way?  ball goes out of bounds clearly for a corner?  thirty dudes losing their minds like someone murdered their mom in front of them.  every. single. fucking. play.

that is with the exception of mane.  that dude is complete class and a total badass.  won't root for that team but hard not to root for that dude.  works his ass off, puts the stupid neymar shit that everyone else at liverpool seems to be infected with to the side, and kicks ass.  guy is incredible.

also, any word on what jose was being a prick about to klopp at the end about?  just classic jose?

indeed.  seem to have gotten at least some of the offensive mojo back.  a season defined by international breaks.
international break.
0-3-1
international break
the arsenal match this weekend is huge.  they are beaten down and we can really benefit if we step on their throats.
on another note, is anyone else getting to a point where they find liverpool games are getting unwatchable because their players fucking have a conniption fit every single time a call doesn't go their way?  ball goes out of bounds clearly for a corner?  thirty dudes losing their minds like someone murdered their mom in front of them.  every. single. fucking. play.
that is with the exception of mane.  that dude is complete class and a total badass.  won't root for that team but hard not to root for that dude.  works his ass off, puts the stupid neymar shit that everyone else at liverpool seems to be infected with to the side, and kicks ass.  guy is incredible.
also, any word on what jose was being a prick about to klopp at the end about?  just classic jose?
What games do you watch...

36 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
39 minutes ago, sidis said:
international break.
0-3-1
international break

well, i watched today's.  i've probably watched them about 5 times this year.

well, i watched today's.  i've probably watched them about 5 times this year.
I have seen them quite a bit this year also but still cant recall these fits and whining you speak of....they do it about as much as every team and there are plenty of teams(players) who are way worse at it
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
18 hours ago, sidis said:
international break.
0-3-1
international break

No shit lol

44 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man I did a quick check on Sunderland in League 1 and noticed that they aren't in a playoff spot right now. The thing that really jumped out at me though is Wigan sitting in the relegation zone. From 8 straight EPL seasons ending as recently as 2013 to looking at League 2 right in the face.

Wigan had some bad ownership deal last season (Hong Kong based new owners) that sent them into administration and relegated them as a result of a 12 point penalty. 

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man I did a quick check on Sunderland in League 1 and noticed that they aren't in a playoff spot right now. The thing that really jumped out at me though is Wigan sitting in the relegation zone. From 8 straight EPL seasons ending as recently as 2013 to looking at League 2 right in the face.

Sunderland fired Phil Parkinson a couple games ago. They hired Lee Johnson and immediately looked better in the first game. In the second game they had 8 first team players test positive for Covid but didn't postpone because it was possible the EFL would hit them with a points deduction.

Wigan are still in administration. Hopefully a new owner gets approved soon. They sold of most of their team that would have stayed in the Championship except for the administration points deduction.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Sunderland fired Phil Parkinson a couple games ago. They hired Lee Johnson and immediately looked better in the first game. In the second game they had 8 first team players test positive for Covid but didn't postpone because it was possible the EFL would hit them with a points deduction.

Wigan are still in administration. Hopefully a new owner gets approved soon. They sold of most of their team that would have stayed in the Championship except for the administration points deduction.

On a similar topic I keep hoping that Sheffield Wednesday can overcome their point deduction. It got reduced, but they aren't playing great right now either.

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Arsenal are like a half step above Burnley in the “unwatchable” category for me. They play absolutely dreadful football these days. 

They aren't playing as a team, just individuals. They remind me of my grandson's soccer team (he's 8 years old) if the ball comes near them they just kick it around till someone else gets it. Everton played as a team.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Arm VAR, I’ll never understand it. Show me a goal that is allowed to be scored with that part of the body and then you can start saying a person’s arm is offsides. 

I think he was pretty cleanly off. Guess you could call his arm offsides but seems like his body was just ahead. 

Not advocating for VAR callbacks - it was a pretty goal and horrible marking.