Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cincy without Burrow is going to be fucking terrible.  @ Cincy is basically for the 3rd pick as long as we don't do something fucking mindless like beat SF or NYG.  Going to guess it's a top 5 pick at probably 4.  If we go out and win a dumb game then could fuck ourselves into a 6-9 pick.

Just as long as Cowboys don't win the NFC East... #19 pick would suck!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/29/2020 at 3:33 PM, C-Man said:

Jason Garrett's team is in first place in the NFC East. L-O-fucking-L!

Is this supposed to be an accomplishment? His offense has been putrid this season. They struggled to beat Cincy without Burrow.They average 19pts a game and about 310 yards of offense. 

And he isn't the head coach anymore so not his team. But there have already been rumblings about moving past him. He already stunted and ruined Dak and Romo. Giants now see the same thing with Daniel Jones.

He's still a loser.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Ravens Steelers now pushed back to Wednesday so who knows if the Monday 4PM is gonna hold.  

Tuesday at 7:05 now.

It's fucking bullshit they keep moving that Ravens game back. Yet they made Denver play without literally a QB on the roster. This is now the 3rd time they moved it back. Either make them play with what they got or forfeit and move on. But Goodell has to protect his teacher's pets. He did the same shit already. But he made the Niners play with no WRs. If you suck are irrelevant, you have to play.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Ravens Steelers now pushed back to Wednesday so who knows if the Monday 4PM is gonna hold.  

Just make the Ravens forfeit... or play without Lamar.

Edited by slorch

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's fucking bullshit they keep moving that Ravens game back. Yet they made Denver play without literally a QB on the roster. This is now the 3rd time they moved it back. Either make them play with what they got or forfeit and move on. But Goodell has to protect his teacher's pets. He did the same shit already. But he made the Niners play with no WRs. If you suck are irrelevant, you have to play.

The reason for the continuing postponements is  because the Ravens keep getting new positive tests and playing risks expanding the outbreak even more. That wasn't the case with the Broncos

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Just make the Ravens forfeit... or play without Lamar.

Them playing without Lamar is the least of their worries. They need to have one day of no positive tests before anyone in their right mind would feel comfortable playing them. What a fucking shit show this has turned into. 

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

They’re saying that the difference is the Broncos shit was confined to just the qb room where as the ravens are in the midst of a legit organizational outbreak. That’s only happened with the Titans and ravens.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The reason for the continuing postponements is  because the Ravens keep getting new positive tests and playing risks expanding the outbreak even more. That wasn't the case with the Broncos

This!

Jesus it's like people don't care to do the least bit of reading or research at all.  The Broncos weren't having positive tests.  Just the QB room(which wasn't following guidelines and they were punished for it). 

The Ravens can't field a team with so many positive Tests and getting new ones every day.  You can't think that sending them out there with a bunch of guys who could be positive against another team would be smart.  Jesus.

55 minutes ago, Drew said:

This!

Jesus it's like people don't care to do the least bit of reading or research at all.  The Broncos weren't having positive tests.  Just the QB room(which wasn't following guidelines and they were punished for it). 

The Ravens can't field a team with so many positive Tests and getting new ones every day.  You can't think that sending them out there with a bunch of guys who could be positive against another team would be smart.  Jesus.

It still looks horrible to have different rules for different teams. League should have put in emergency measures into this season where I team can basically one game IR covid positives if the number got above 20 and could then bring guys off the street. 

or what I would have preferred let teams know what the very beginning if you get over 20 people who test positive then you automatically forfeit and nobody gets paid. Though the NFL doesn't have the balls to forfeit games even though they can pretty much do what they want still print money

• Fuck You 1

It wasn't "different rules" though.  It's the same rules. It's just looks different and bad because they literally had no QB's.

It was as simple as the Broncos did not have any more positive tests, and the Ravens keep having them and you literally can't let them on the field when they're having multiple positive tests every day.

Also the Broncos QB's weren't following proper protocol and that cost them.

The League needs to be clearer, or at least came out last week and was clear, as to the difference between these 2 teams situations.

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

It still looks horrible to have different rules for different teams. League should have put in emergency measures into this season where I team can basically one game IR covid positives if the number got above 20 and could then bring guys off the street. 

or what I would have preferred let teams know what the very beginning if you get over 20 people who test positive then you automatically forfeit and nobody gets paid. Though the NFL doesn't have the balls to forfeit games even though they can pretty much do what they want still print money

It really isn’t different rules though. If it were confined to one position group, they would say tough shit. The fact that the positive tests just kept coming and it was throughout the entire organization, they really didn’t have a choice unless they wanted to cancel or move it to week 18 (which isn’t happening). Also, I’m sure the Steelers wanted to see a day or 2 of no positive tests before they would even be willing to play the ravens

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They’re saying that the difference is the Broncos shit was confined to just the qb room where as the ravens are in the midst of a legit organizational outbreak. That’s only happened with the Titans and ravens.

It's still fucking stupid to make a team suit up without a QB on the roster. The day before they find out. And there is no possible way to bring someone in. You basically told Denver they are getting an automatic loss and you have deemed the game pointless. Would Denver have lost anyways? Probably but it isn't like Taysom Hill was lighting it up. A decent QB for Denver could have made it a much better game than this. Playing with no QB is the same as playing with a bunch of people all over the roster at different positions. The second it was found out Lamar Jackson tested positive, they moved the game back. The second Cam Newton was found positive, they moved the game back for NE. They are hiding behind this bullshit but it's clear as day Goodell as different rules for different teams and situations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It really isn’t different rules though. If it were confined to one position group, they would say tough shit. The fact that the positive tests just kept coming and it was throughout the entire organization, they really didn’t have a choice unless they wanted to cancel or move it to week 18 (which isn’t happening). Also, I’m sure the Steelers wanted to see a day or 2 of no positive tests before they would even be willing to play the ravens

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Goodell makes KC, Baltimore, Seattle, Green Bay, NE and the likes play a game with some WR off the practice squad. He is protecting his brand. Denver is irrelevant right now. If this was Denver when they had Manning and at the top of the league, the same shit would happen they are doing for Baltimore. This isn't about protecting people's health. The NFL, which makes teams play on 3 days rest for more national exposure to line more pockets and hid the dangers of concussions from players all of sudden cares about safety? Riiiiight.

You think it's a coincidence that every game that has been moved back or cancelled featured a team that was good? The same way your star players get preferential treatment on the field,your top teams get preferential treatment off the field. But they mask it telling you it is about the spread. Well not everyone buys that bullshit. 

there should still be severe punishment for not handling business correctly and allowing so many people to get infected on the team. These are millionaires they aren't people working at Walmart and forced to be exposed to the outside world constantly. The optics look horrible when they're bending over backwards to make accommodations for this team that's most likely going to the playoffs while they tell a bad Denver team to fuck themselves and play without any quarterbacks. 

the mistake the league made was not having extremely strict punishments outlined from the beginning of having forfeit games if the quarantine numbers got above a certain threshold. 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's still fucking stupid to make a team suit up without a QB on the roster. The day before they find out. And there is no possible way to bring someone in. You basically told Denver they are getting an automatic loss and you have deemed the game pointless. Would Denver have lost anyways? Probably but it isn't like Taysom Hill was lighting it up. A decent QB for Denver could have made it a much better game than this. Playing with no QB is the same as playing with a bunch of people all over the roster at different positions. The second it was found out Lamar Jackson tested positive, they moved the game back. The second Cam Newton was found positive, they moved the game back for NE. They are hiding behind this bullshit but it's clear as day Goodell as different rules for different teams and situations. 

What’s funny about this is the nfl actually made it a point to say “the Broncos have decided not to forfeit and the game will go on as originally scheduled.”

And to your point about they wouldn’t do this with a contender, I actually don’t have a huge problem with that if it were true. I don’t think it’s true, but there’s no way of knowing that until another team has an organizational breakout. I HIGHLY doubt the saints would even agree to play the Broncos if they were going through something similar to what the ravens are going through. In fact, I know they wouldn’t. But if everyone is getting negative tests except for the qb room, make them play. Especially when they aren’t following protocols like that particular qb room.

Absolutely insane that the Broncos couldn't bring up a QB and have him pass a Covid test on game day or the day before. They even tried to have an assistant coach suit up, and were denied. Total bullshit. And I'm a Saints fan.

We'd have kicked the shit out of them if their QB was Drew Lock or Drew Bledsoe anyway, but they still got hosed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Why can’t Stephen just have JJ sit on the boat and tell the captain to sail around the world perpetually until JJ is dead? They could set up fake meetings and fake press conferences for JJ to Zoom into so he feels like he is still in charge. They could even tell him he has complete control over the next draft and fake the whole thing with cuts and edits of old drafts.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’d still rather have him than JJ. Unless Stephen also has a radio show. Does he?

I at least trust Stephen to listen to will mcclay and respect his opinion. But I have a feeling mcclay isn’t going to be here for much longer and he’s going to take over as GM somewhere. When that happens, we’re probably fucked more than we are now

On 12/1/2020 at 7:20 AM, TonyTexas said:

Hmmm.....

On 12/1/2020 at 10:56 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Them playing without Lamar is the least of their worries. They need to have one day of no positive tests before anyone in their right mind would feel comfortable playing them. What a fucking shit show this has turned into. 

The NFL doesn't really concern itself with COVID if real money or inconvenience is on the line.  FTR, neither did the NFLPA who agreed to a plan with poor protocols and almost no built in contingencies so the NFL finds itself twisting itself into pretzels by recharacterizing risks and encouraging playoff teams into playing when if there was some foresight, easier solutions would be available.  It sucks for the reg line worker just trying to eek out a career, but both sides failed to learn much from the other sports leagues successes on the COVID front..... and failures.  

To bring this back to Dallas, Mark Andrews may not be available to the Ravens when they play the Boys.  Shouldn't matter, the Ravens should be able to run the ball effectively but he is their best outlet in the passing game.  

56 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hmmm.....

The NFL doesn't really concern itself with COVID if real money or inconvenience is on the line.  FTR, neither did the NFLPA who agreed to a plan with poor protocols and almost no built in contingencies so the NFL finds itself twisting itself into pretzels by recharacterizing risks and encouraging playoff teams into playing when if there was some foresight, easier solutions would be available.  It sucks for the reg line worker just trying to eek out a career, but both sides failed to learn much from the other sports leagues successes on the COVID front..... and failures.  

To bring this back to Dallas, Mark Andrews may not be available to the Ravens when they play the Boys.  Shouldn't matter, the Ravens should be able to run the ball effectively but he is their best outlet in the passing game.  

Let me preface this by saying I don’t know WTF I’m talking about, but I feel like there could be some type of lawsuit in play if they forced a team to play another team that was right in the middle of their outbreak. Denver’s situation wasn’t an outbreak. It was a qb room full of idiots not wearing masks when one of them has covid. I’m clearly naive, but I don’t think there’s anyway they would force the team to play. 

They won't force a team to play. They'll do what they did to Denver and say you have the option to forfeit the game and your pay. At this point they should just amend the rules for the rest of the season and allow temporary one week covid IR that allows teams to raid practice squads without having to cut anyone

• Fuck You 1

Wentz is and always has been overrated. I’ve been saying that for years now. I was very happy for Colt yesterday. He’s had a great career fro a journeyman. He’ll be able retire with a damn good chunk of change in the bank and probably still be able to walk and remember people’s names.

It’s laughable how much better Jalen hurts is for the Eagles, when we all know what Jalen hurts is. He’s smarter with the football, uses his legs when he should, yesterday when he ran he wasn’t taking big hits. I think hurts is trash, but he’s clearly better for the Eagles right now. 

If the Eagles could have a do-over after their super bowl, guarantee they keep Frank Reich as their HC and they let Pederson go. 

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Wentz is and always has been overrated. I’ve been saying that for years now. I was very happy for Colt yesterday. He’s had a great career fro a journeyman. He’ll be able retire with a damn good chunk of change in the bank and probably still be able to walk and remember people’s names.

I said it for years as well but for some reason, a lot of Dallas fans had a weird obsession with this spare and told us how great he was and would be. People would laugh at you and demean you if you criticized him. Every single time he gets benched or gets hurt, the team immediately gets life on both sides of the ball. It is not a coincidence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

NFL Draft Projected order 2021      (Thru 12/7)

1. New York Jets (0-12)
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11)
  3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-9-1)
  4. Los Angeles Chargers (3-9)
  5. Dallas Cowboys (3-8)
  6. Philadelphia Eagles (3-8-1)
  7. Carolina Panthers (4-8)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (4-8)
  9. Miami Dolphins (via 4-8 Houston Texans)
  10. Denver Broncos (4-8)
  11. Washington Football Team (5-7)
  12. Detroit Lions (5-7)
  13. Chicago Bears (5-7)
  14. San Francisco 49ers (5-7)

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

1. New York Jets (0-12)
  5. Dallas Cowboys (3-8)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (4-8)
  10. Denver Broncos (4-8)
  12. Detroit Lions (5-7)
  13. Chicago Bears (5-7)

trey lance will definitely be there at 5

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Whenever Beasley left and said the Bills were a much better run organization than the Cowboys and we went and signed a more productive/younger Cobb as a replacement for cheaper, I thought we were smart and Beasley was wrong.  Turns out he was probably correct. 

But considering what we got out of Cobb and what the bills paid for Beasley, it was the right move by both parties. But he was absolutely right about how both organizations are run. McDermott is a damn good coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

1. New York Jets (0-12)
  5. Dallas Cowboys (3-8)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (4-8)
  10. Denver Broncos (4-8)
  12. Detroit Lions (5-7)
  13. Chicago Bears (5-7)

Excellent.  Find a way to move up a spot or 2 and you're in PRIME QB trade up territory.  Teams WILL want Wilson or Fields, whoever doesn't go 2 overall.  Should be plenty of offers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But considering what we got out of Cobb and what the bills paid for Beasley, it was the right move by both parties. But he was absolutely right about how both organizations are run. McDermott is a damn good coach. 

Lolz.  Wes Welker is 5'9" with 50.  Beasley with 33.

Yes I had to look it up.

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

Lolz.  Wes Welker is 5'9" with 50.  Beasley with 33.

Yes I had to look it up.

For some reason I never felt like welker was going to break like I do when Beasley gets hit going across the middle. He was built a little different IMO. I could be dead wrong but I feel like welker was like 15-20 pounds heavier.

Not that it has anything to do with what you said lol, but I always felt that way when comparing Beasley to other small white wrs. They’re all built to be sturdier, even if they aren’t. 

Welker had about 50 concussions.

His ass would be out on his feet and he's trying to act like nothing happened stumbling to the huddle.

I felt like the DBs hated his ass for always being open and they tried to kill him.