Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No other OT is really considered a no doubt, top 10 talent.  Maybe someone pops in offseason work, but it's mostly QBs, WRs, CBs, and a few other edge guys or Micah Parsons, who could be great, but will take time.  Maybe Slater from NW at OT, but some project him as a guard.

Sewell isn’t a consensus top 10 pick? 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Dallas with no pro bowlers on team for first time since 1989? Good thing they have great GM. No need to fire that guy. 

I mean I think all the OL and Dak being hurt cost them at least 2-3 there.  The WR's would have a shot too if Dak was throwin them the ball all year.  And I think Lawrence should have gotten more consideration.  That's probably 4 guys on offense that didn't make the pro bowl because of injury.

And for the record, this is NOT excusing that crypt keeper GM.  Just saying I think the lack of Pro Bowlers is mostly just humorous fodder more than anything.

As for Sewell, of course he's a consensus top 10 pick.  But I've seen numerous people say he wouldn't be a Top 3 OT last year(maybe not even top 4) and they aren't 100% sure he's the best OT in this draft.  This is not me saying that, as I have no clue.  Just what the draft people are saying.  Once again, it's a very week draft for this Top 10...QB's is super Deep this year.  WR's too.  That's about it.

Nice move by the NFL...  Need the Eagles motivated to beat the Cowboys thereby improving the Cowboys' 2021 draft position...

NFL schedule change: Week 16 Panthers-Washington moved to same late afternoon kickoff time as Eagles-Cowboys - Jeff Kerr, CBS Sports

The Cowboys need to win this week and see the Washington Football Team lose in order to keep their playoff hopes alive. With Washington playing their game earlier on Sunday, it was possible that they could be eliminated before even taking the field, but not anymore after a schedule change by the NFL.

The Washington Football Team can eliminate the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys from the NFC East race with a victory Sunday. The NFL won’t take the chance that the Eagles-Cowboys game — which had a later start time — won’t have any meaning in a national window.

The NFL announced the Week 16 game between Washington and the Carolina Panthers has been moved to a 4:05 p.m. ET start time and will still air on CBS. The game was originally scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET kickoff, but a Washington victory would eliminate the Eagles and Cowboys from the postseason (Eagles-Cowboys is scheduled to kick off at 4:25 ET on Fox).

With Washington playing simultaneously as the Eagles and Cowboys, the showdown between the two NFC East rivals obviously has meaning. The winner of Eagles-Cowboys will still be alive in the division race — if Washington loses — while the loser will officially be eliminated from the playoffs

Edited by LTtxfan

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Nice move by the NFL...  Need the Eagles motivated to beat the Cowboys thereby improving the Cowboys' 2021 draft position...

NFL schedule change: Week 16 Panthers-Washington moved to same late afternoon kickoff time as Eagles-Cowboys - Jeff Kerr, CBS Sports

The Cowboys need to win this week and see the Washington Football Team lose in order to keep their playoff hopes alive. With Washington playing their game earlier on Sunday, it was possible that they could be eliminated before even taking the field, but not anymore after a schedule change by the NFL.

The Washington Football Team can eliminate the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys from the NFC East race with a victory Sunday. The NFL won’t take the chance that the Eagles-Cowboys game — which had a later start time — won’t have any meaning in a national window.

The NFL announced the Week 16 game between Washington and the Carolina Panthers has been moved to a 4:05 p.m. ET start time and will still air on CBS. The game was originally scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET kickoff, but a Washington victory would eliminate the Eagles and Cowboys from the postseason (Eagles-Cowboys is scheduled to kick off at 4:25 ET on Fox).

With Washington playing simultaneously as the Eagles and Cowboys, the showdown between the two NFC East rivals obviously has meaning. The winner of Eagles-Cowboys will still be alive in the division race — if Washington loses — while the loser will officially be eliminated from the playoffs

You know, that is a pretty shrewd move for the NFL.  More people will watch Cowboys/Eagles anyways...no reason to make it less appealing.

Man if WFT loses and the Cowboys win, Week 17 will be a shit show. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Maybe as an alternate for one of Rodgers, Wilson or Brady. Or Brees. 

One of those is going to be in the super bowl I’m assuming, maybe he doesn’t get in due to INT’s and not winning games he should but I think he would have been damn close either way. Fruitless argument though, just curious why you were so sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

1800 yards in 5 games with the 5th only being a partial game. Why wouldn’t he have a shot at the pro bowl? If your response is the cowboys suck and Dak sucks then I’m sorry I asked ahead of time. 

He would’ve been a pro bowler with or without alternates. Rodgers and Wilson are locks. The Dak would’ve had as good of a case as anyone for that 3rd NFC qb. If for whatever reason we were in the AFC, I don’t think he would’ve. But that doesn’t matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

One of those is going to be in the super bowl I’m assuming, maybe he doesn’t get in due to INT’s and not winning games he should but I think he would have been damn close either way. Fruitless argument though, just curious why you were so sure. 

4-12 quarterbacks don’t make the pro bowl. 

Will ya'll stop quoting the idiots in here please.  The fact that people think Dak wouldn't even be up for the Pro Bowl this year is absolute proof they are clowns.

And before anyone says garbage stats(like I see all over twitter and have seen in here), tell me how many other QB's put up THOSE stats in garbage time when teams are behind all the time?  Especially when there were NO garbage stat games as all the games end up basically being 1 score games(Rams/Browns, 3 points before the godawful WR reverse for a TD) OR they have the fucking lead in the 4th quarter before losing(Seahawks), OR they flat out win(Atlanta/NY).  Tell me in which of those games were garbage time stats had?

• Fuck You 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Is Jerry just losing his mind, or is he actually looking himself in the mirror and saying changes need to be made. Has to be the former, right? 

Lol at thinking Jerry would ever, ever admit to making a mistake. He's going to continue coddling and enabling Zeke, further fucking up the locker room.

That damn win vs the 49ers may end up really costing the Cowboys big time in the 2021 NFL Draft... having the #4 pick would have given the Cowboys more draft capital to be able to trade down and pick up more draft picks.  Right now, Dallas has 6 current 2021 draft picks, and could really use a couple more mid round future picks.

By losing the last two games this season, the Cowboys can end up no worse than the 7th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft -- I really hope Dallas ends this year with losses to both Philly and NYG resulting in a final record for Dallas of 5-11.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Fuck the Eagles. Fuck Randall Cuntingham, Donapuss McNabb, fuck that piece of shit DeFaggot Jackson, Westbrook loser ass, Reggie “cocksucker” white, fuck Jalen pussy hurts, Cryin Dawkins, Nick dumbass foles, fuck Zach vagina Ertz. Fuck the Eagles. 

I might still be drunk from last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Fuck the Eagles. Fuck Randall Cuntingham, Donapuss McNabb, fuck that piece of shit DeFaggot Jackson, Westbrook loser ass, Reggie “cocksucker” white, fuck Jalen pussy hurts, Cryin Dawkins, Nick dumbass foles, fuck Zach vagina Ertz. Fuck the Eagles. 

Where do I subscribe to your newsletter?

19 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Haskins is starting today. Whoever wins our game today against the Eagles will probably win the division because the WFT ain’t winning shit with Haskins behind center lol. What a fucking world.

Damn Giants are so bad on offense, probably no way the Cowboys lose next Sunday in New York...

(trying to jinx Dallas so they lose and get a higher 2021 draft slot)

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

So..... you don't like the eagles?  

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wouldn't the Cowboys being +3 mean the Eagles are favored by 3?

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

you said cowboys were +3?  do you understand how the line works?

yeah I fucked that one up.  Been at the bar for ~4hours already and probably won’t finish watching the Seahawks or Cowboys...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Obviously WAS has the 2 way tiebreaker over Dallas - what if it's a 3 way tiebreaker if NYG and PHI win next week?

Eagles (4-10-1)  vs Wash  (6-9)

Dallas (6-9)  vs  NYG  (5-10)

If Wash wins, they are in...  if they lose the winner of Dallas/NYG wins the division and goes to playoffs...

Edited by LTtxfan

39 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Eagles (4-10-1)  vs Wash  (6-9)

Dallas (6-9)  vs  NYG  (5-10)

If Wash wins, they are in...  if they lose the winner of Dallas/NYG wins the division and goes to playoffs...

So NY owns the 3 way tiebreaker? Based on what - division record?