Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

You love it more than me LT, amazing. Jerry will draft a WR no matter in round 1. Maybe a RB?

I can see Jerry falling asleep in the draft room and waking up shouting "randy moss!" and sending the card with the highest WR left on their board.

They need to target a left tackle.  Smith is done.  DB would be next on the list.  RB would be another disaster unless its to deal.

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I can see Jerry falling asleep in the draft room and waking up shouting "randy moss!" and sending the card with the highest WR left on their board.

They need to target a left tackle.  Smith is done.  DB would be next on the list.  RB would be another disaster unless its to deal.

I say DB first.  Smith can limp through one more season.  

Guys they literally took the best player on the board last year(which is what you're supposed to do, not draft for need) in the first round.  And followed it up with a bunch of pretty good picks it looks like.  

Yes they'll fuck up and take Jaylon and Taco from time to time...but most of the time they are taking a really good player in the first round or so.

17 hours ago, markstanco said:

I told him we want to lose and washington to win. Can you believe that apathy? Wont go anywhere in the playoffs with this team. Need draft picks. And Jerry to go away. It hasn't worked for Jerry since 95. Al Davis is laughing.

Why are you teaching your son to be a pussy? He'll never play football with that candy ass attitude. Hell even the chess club kids will beat him up. 

53 minutes ago, Drew said:

Guys they literally took the best player on the board last year(which is what you're supposed to do, not draft for need) in the first round.  And followed it up with a bunch of pretty good picks it looks like.  

Yes they'll fuck up and take Jaylon and Taco from time to time...but most of the time they are taking a really good player in the first round or so.

We have plenty of holes so best available is the right move, unless it's a WR.  It would be a waste of draft capital to have so much tied up in the WR room.  Or RB, but no running back should be on their best available in the first round.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they should take a WR there of course.  But I've seen some talk they should take the TE Pitts, which would be a similar take at a position that's not a need.

Just like they shouldn't take a RB or QB either.

Lots of Mock Drafts have Pitts gone before the 10th pick; when he gets drafted and how many QB's go in first 10 picks seems to be an interesting theme to watch for the 2021 Draft...

Several mocks have 4 QBs in the top 10 picks, and at least 5 total QBs in the 1st Rd.

Edited by LTtxfan

This whole narrative of the Eagles tanking to keep Dallas out (if we win) is nonsense. The only people bringing that up is fans. Hurts is playing for a starting job full time. They hate Washington as well. They are not going to lie down and allow them to win in their house and celebrate the East.

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This whole narrative of the Eagles tanking to keep Dallas out (if we win) is nonsense. The only people bringing that up is fans. Hurts is playing for a starting job full time. They hate Washington as well. They are not going to lie down and allow them to win in their house and celebrate the East.

Exactly. You think the Coaches care more about keeping Dallas from winning the Division than Washington?  To them allowing Washington to beat them to win the division is a much worse outcome.  Only fans, and maybe GM's care.

17 hours ago, DougO said:

If Alex Smith starts and is healthy enough the WFT should win, maybe easily.

Pretty much this.  If Smith plays, we're done.

Of course we won't know when we're playing, so that sucks.

It's Wednesday and Alex Smith wasn't taking 1st team reps in practice today.  If this were week 5 instead of week 17, we know he'd probably be ruled out by now but I know that shit franchise wants that division title bad.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him be a game time decision and end up starting.

@Drew coaches and players are not the ones who even have hatred for other teams. Maybe they used to in the earlier days of football but with how fluid it is and the amount of turnover every year, many coaches and players never develop any of that. It is all one big fraternity. Fans have the most hate because we never switch to other teams and we root constantly. Coaches and players change teams all the time. Even the rivalries today, those players don't really hate their rivals.

Coaches and players prepare all week to win. Look at the Jets and how happy those players and coaches were to win games. They didn't give a shit about draft picks.

Eagles coaches and players don't have all this hate for Dallas that they are going to purposely throw the game. I have seen that all week on social media. They think they are edgy and cool like they are the first ones to bring that narrative to the table. 

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

I haven't see anything about the WFT signing or promoting another qb. They only have two on the active depth chart. They must feel pretty confident that Smith can play.

It will most likely be Smith. And if not, Heinicke. Heinicke took 1st team reps today while Smith took a planned rest day. As most vets do, especially nursing an injury. 

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Seems like they could have plucked Mike White off the Jets practice squad and sealed this bitch up already.

Hell, if the Cowboys had just went ahead and got White when Dak went down, they'd probably be on an 8 game win streak tbh.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Smith is practicing today.  As long as he's not too sore, I expect him to start on Sunday.  Really, you don't cut Haskins unless you're confident in his ability to at least be available this week.

Well that probably seals it.  Cowboys will try to win.  WFT will still win an ugly game to win the division.