Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
New York Giants: Offensive line coach Marc Colombo has been let go, according to multiple reports. emoji16.png

Allegedly, there was a fist fight. Jason Garrett should be calling a realtor right about now.

between whom? colombo and a OL? if it's colombo and garrett then he may not have good cell service in the hospital. 

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

between whom? colombo and a OL? if it's colombo and garrett then he may not have good cell service in the hospital. 

Between Colombo and Joe Judge, the HC.  The rumor has already been debunked.  Their OL simply sucks and Marc hasn't done a very good job there.  Maybe it's scheme but guys like Will Hernandez aren't developing.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This division will get markedly better if Jones and Snyder let McCarthy and Rivera coach. If so, I’d expect all 4 teams to be highly competitive as early as next year. Of course it doesn’t take much to show marked improvement off of 10-26-1 (27% winning percentage). 

You say that like McCarthy is a good head coach. I feel like more and more evidence is coming out that he had nothing to do with Green Bay’s success. They’ve gotten better since LaFleur took over and I don’t know that anyone considers him a young genius. McCarthy seems like a complete dipshit who can’t be saved by the greatest qb I’ve ever seen anymore. I actually think Rivera is a better coach, and I don’t consider Rivera to be a really good coach. Maybe average to slightly above average, but definitely better than McCarthy. I fully expect us to go 9-7 next year because we’ll probably (hopefully) have a last place schedule and our offense will pick up where it left off before Dak got hurt. But even after that, I don’t expect him to be our coach heading into 2023. He’s too much of a fucking idiot. Garrett might actually be a better head coach. And before you say that’s crazy, I’d love to know what Garrett would’ve done with one of the 5 best qbs to ever walk on planet earth like McCarthy did. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s pretty crazy. I think all of these guys can coach to some degree, and I still believe McCarthy is better than Garrett. I already know Rivera and Pederson can coach, and it appears Judge can too. Firing Columbo was really smart. 

Let me rephrase what I meant. I’m sure he’s a fine coach, but I think at this point he’s clearly the worst coach out of Rivera and Pederson and I don’t think it’s close. Judge seems to have the giants improving and it wouldn’t surprise me if they won the division, but the jury is still out on him. When we made this hire, Green Bay fans almost unanimously said “you’re gonna find out pretty quickly that McCarthy is a fucking idiot.” I don’t need any more convincing on that. I think they’re right. He hired mike Nolan because he was returning the favor. Nolan hired McCarthy as the OC when he was head coach. So despite Nolan’s track record of being a bad DC, he hired him anyways. He’s among the worst of the recycled head coaches and there’s a reason the jets wouldn’t even give him an interview. Granted, the hired the one recycled coach that I would say is definitively worse than McCarthy, but it is still very telling. There’s a reason most of the new, younger HCs that don’t have any nfl HC experience have been successful. I’m curious to know why you actually think he’s better than Garrett? What has he done that would make you think he’s a better coach? Besides having Aaron Rodgers as duct tape for holding everything together. In my mind, he hasn’t proven shit. 

53 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not sure he is better than Garrett. But the guy does have a Super Bowl, had only 3 losing seasons in 13, including the last 2 that led to his firing. Aaron Rodgers isn’t the easiest guy to get along with particularly in his younger years and I suspect now. The guy is an alpha malcontent. He still bitches about Mack Brown - still - and whined when they had the audacity to draft a replacement for him at age 36 (just as they did with Favre and he was visibly impatient with that transition). MM had a 62% winning percentage at GB with 4 NFCC appearances (1-3). 

I think the differences between them COULD be distilled down to, simply, Aaron Rodgers, but while Garrett was masterful at getting to 8-8, when he did have good seasons and really good teams, he doesn’t have near the playoff success MM does, and Romo and Dak aren’t chopped liver.   I think in reality both are adequate to good coaches, but MM cannot simply be judged on this year. This year is the organization’s fault. Look at Pittsburgh last year: there is no way Garrett or MM or Tomlin could finish much better than 5-11 precisely because we have the most ridiculous top weighted roster filled with aging lineman and an overpaid running back. None of those coaches would’ve constructed the roster that way. MM or JG would have no ability to cobble together a .500 season without their star QB. 

Not sure if you listen to Pat mcafee, but Rodgers seems like he’s genuinely one of the coolest guys in the league. He goes on every Tuesday and he’s just a really cool down to earth dude. A handful of teammates have said he’s a douche, but I think that had more to do with Aaron being hard on them, trying to get the best out of them. I know you said younger Rodgers, but him and LaFleur have a great relationship. If anything, i can see how Rodgers wasn’t going to accept McCarthy talking to him any type of way when he felt like he was THAT much better at his job than McCarthy was at his. I have no way of knowing this, but I’m convinced that if Garrett and McCarthy switched places during the time McCarthy was coaching GB, I think Garrett would’ve won a super bowl and had the same type of success that McCarthy did. I don’t think McCarthy would’ve done as good of a jog in Dallas. He’s a fat fucking idiot who won’t get another HC gig after we fire him by 2023. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

We all thought it when he was hired, but we all talked ourselves into it being a decent hire. Then you look at guys like Kevin stefanski, Matt Rhule, (insert new HC with no NFL HC experience) and they’ve all done a lot better than McCarthy. It’s not just the injuries. We looked like shit before the injuries. All the injuries created was an excuse for him. Deep down, he’s probably thankful that the injuries happened because it buys him a little more time. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

you think thumbface will coach three more seasons here after 2020?

good-luck.gif

I think the Jones family will call this year a lost year and they won’t count it against him, even though they should. Then he’ll have two years to turn us into the Green Bay “were in the playoff conversation every single year” team, and if/when that doesn’t happen he’ll be gone. But my god I hope they fire him after next year so we can find a real coach.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Watch. They don’t work that way. If the D continues to improve and Dalton returns to serviceable form, they could win 6 games and the division. All three remaining division games are entirely winnable, as are Cincy and SF. Even if we still suck (we don’t just with Martin and LB’ers not named Jaylon back in lineup), we will fart our way to 4 wins. I’m telling you, this draft pick watch is laughable. 

Watch the Cowboys ??

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not buying that because of the way the respective rosters are constructed that have nothing to do with MM. The line quite simply hasn’t been what it was in ‘16 in a few years, maybe since ‘17. I can’t remember when Grady Jarrett teed off on Tyron’s replacement but it was ‘17 or ‘18. It is simply unacceptable to literally not have the personnel, play calling or QB play to scheme around one hurt player. And in the off-seasons, we never plan for depth. Ever. 

Smart teams do not invest so heavily in frontline name players with no plan B if they go down. McCarthy cannot fix that in one draft and one covid plagued season. With Tyron, Martin and Dak out, the season is over. Think about how ridiculous that is. 

We looked like shit before the injuries because of Nolan’s guys (yes, I know a MM hire, but they seem to be coming around), defensive injuries, and poor play from “leaders” - Jaylon. Zeke lack of production and fumbles, and yes, Dak turnovers creating holes. I would have loved to see this team healthy. I suspect we would run away with conference at 9-7 or 10-6, even with the shit start. Rhule and Stefanski have had injuries but they don’t affect the team as much because no team has poorer general management. None. Not even the Redskins. 

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree on that part. He definitely had a big say on the guys we brought in, and look at how that turned out. I think he’s legitimately one of the worst HCs in professional football. He’s on the very short list. There were rumors that during the last few years in Green Bay he didn’t do anything. Like, at all. He just let others do all the coaching and he was basically in charge of calling timeouts, saying when they should go for 2, and base level shit like that. I have a feeling you’re going to be singing a different tune this time next year, but I’ve been wrong once or twice in my life...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I haven’t watched since Dalton got hurt but probably will Sunday because my son’s season is over and no more Sunday practices. The fact that they are still in it makes it somewhat interesting. I actually believe 5 wins is the floor for this team. The Jones’ won’t ever tank. 

AW HELL, hard to not watch a train wreck about to happen... Just keep the beer fridge and liquor cabinets well-stocked...

beer-fridge-1-e1333134059399.jpg

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Between Colombo and Joe Judge, the HC.  The rumor has already been debunked.  Their OL simply sucks and Marc hasn't done a very good job there.  Maybe it's scheme but guys like Will Hernandez aren't developing.

Has it really been debunked though, or are they just pulling a “nothing to see here” to save themselves from embarrassment. Because I can’t recall a time where an assistant coach or a player for in a legitimate fist fight with a HC lol. Seems like something you wouldn’t want to get out if you were within that organization, but maybe I just want it to be true.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

13 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Never understood why people always want the Cowboys to trade down and get more picks. Is it because they hit on so many second, mid and later round picks?

It depends on who is there and who you really like. You don’t want to reach, so if there’s a player you really like that should be going from 10-20, move back and pick up extra top 100 pick. We don’t always hit, but this really is the one area where we’re actually better than most teams.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, LTtxfan said:

Drew will like this...

Actually I don't.  That just goes to show how much they NEEDED him because the defense was so bad and the running game was worthless.

I'd MUCH rather have him throwing the ball as much as Mahomes.  Where he can throw it 27 times for 270 yards and a couple TD's while the defense is trash.

• Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Never understood why people always want the Cowboys to trade down and get more picks. Is it because they hit on so many second, mid and later round picks?

Really? Would you rather have 3 Top 100(where most starters come from) or 5 or so this year, and a couple extra next year?

• Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Not sure if you listen to Pat mcafee, but Rodgers seems like he’s genuinely one of the coolest guys in the league. He goes on every Tuesday and he’s just a really cool down to earth dude. A handful of teammates have said he’s a douche, but I think that had more to do with Aaron being hard on them, trying to get the best out of them. I know you said younger Rodgers, but him and LaFleur have a great relationship. If anything, i can see how Rodgers wasn’t going to accept McCarthy talking to him any type of way when he felt like he was THAT much better at his job than McCarthy was at his. I have no way of knowing this, but I’m convinced that if Garrett and McCarthy switched places during the time McCarthy was coaching GB, I think Garrett would’ve won a super bowl and had the same type of success that McCarthy did. I don’t think McCarthy would’ve done as good of a jog in Dallas. He’s a fat fucking idiot who won’t get another HC gig after we fire him by 2023. 

You need to go read the analysis of defensive coordinators who play Aaron Rodgers. His entire career he’s played with an unwavering belief that he’s why the sun comes up. He leaves the pocket before he has to, makes throws he doesn’t need to and that kind of shit makes it very difficult to coach him. He’s also wildly successful but only has 1 super bowl. He’s quoted saying his “down years are career years for other QB’s”. That’s not a down to earth humble guy. That’s an asshole with a chip on his shoulder. If you need to tell people how good you are then chances are somebody else is better...i.e Brees, Brady, Manning. Dudes an all time great but I wouldn’t judge McCarthy until we see how he does with Dak or a decent QB with less attitude. 

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Can't wait to see Dalton get another 4.3 Yards/Attempt this week.  Gonna lead us to glory!! 

How many total TDs has this team scored since Dak went out? Pretty sure it isn't more than 2 or 3. But remember, this was actually going to be a more efficient offense without Dak lmao

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

How many total TDs has this team scored since Dak went out? Pretty sure it isn't more than 2 or 3. But remember, this was actually going to be a more efficient offense without Dak lmao

Yea, the Dak is "just a bus driver that doesn't elevate the team around him" narrative has been thoroughly put to bed (unless your name is futureman, our resident special needs poster). 

This team doesn't have a prayer without him. Reminds me of the Romo years. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, kevwun said:

Nolan sucks as a defensive coordinator and everyone knows it.  McCarthy willingly hired him.  That tells me all I need to know about his coaching acumen.

This. To me, Nolan was an obvious Bedford/Watson/Beck level bad coordinator hire. There was a good reason he hadn't been a DC in 7-8 years or whatever. Aside from his first season as DC in Baltimore the year after they won their first SB (inheriting an already established dominant defense), the guy has only helmed mediocre to shitty defenses his entire career.

14 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

lol.......okay.....People have been saying that about Dak for over 3 years now. 

For the first 3 years of Dak’s career he was a game manager. He isn’t a game manager anymore. Thats pretty much been the unanimous opinion of anyone that has an unbiased opinion of Dak. 

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

All the Dak hate really makes a lot of sense watching Wentz lately. Here I thought Futureman was on to something lol. Two former high first rounders playing right now that can’t hold Dak’s jock strap. 

dak is a 1-3 quarterback this season.  9-11 going back to last season. he isn’t good.  if you think garbage stats at the end of a loss equals good quarterback play then I don’t know what to tell you.  but we already knew you were a moron. 

40 minutes ago, futureman said:

dak is a 1-3 quarterback this season.  9-11 going back to last season. he isn’t good.  if you think garbage stats at the end of a loss equals good quarterback play then I don’t know what to tell you.  but we already knew you were a moron. 

Nick Mullens....you said we should sign Mullens. Lulz. Maybe you won’t be such a dipshit after you fist yourself on onlyfans. Our luck you’ll come back dumber. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Nick Mullens....you said we should sign Mullens. Lulz. Maybe you won’t be such a dipshit after you fist yourself on onlyfans. Our luck you’ll come back dumber. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nick-mullens-first-nine-starts-49ers-rank-among-nfls-best-ever

uh, nick mullens is a proven quarterback, bro.  better than some clown who can’t win the worst division in pro sports.  I don’t even have to defend it, the national media does it for me.  good post, though. 

24 minutes ago, futureman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nick-mullens-first-nine-starts-49ers-rank-among-nfls-best-ever

uh, nick mullens is a proven quarterback, bro.  better than some clown who can’t win the worst division in pro sports.  I don’t even have to defend it, the national media does it for me.  good post, though. 

Wait so mullens stats matter? 1-4 in his last 5 games but man he’s lighting up the nfl record books already. He’s played in 15 games in 3 years. You’re a dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1