Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

DiNucci never fucking should have been in it from what I saw last night.  

Another wasted draft pick. Why the fuck do we insist on drafting scrub ass motherfuckers like mike white and dinucci in late rounds? Mike White was a fucking 5th round pick who is now playing on the Jets practice squad.

• Fuck You 1

DiNucci might be one of the worst QBs I have ever seen at this level. Nothing about him was good. At all. Then again, he was a throwaway 7th round pick rookie who should not even be sniffing the field. Probably what you can expect but holy shit. If the guy had any ounce of talent, we easily win that game. Carson Wentz struggled to beat a 3rd string QB and he actually made our defense look very good. He's a bum.

Here's some fun stuff.... 3.4 is worse than like Ryan Leaf.

Although no Dallas receivers were able to post remarkable numbers considering their QB’s play, perhaps one of the most surprising outcomes of the contest was Amari Cooper‘s sheet lack of usage. He saw just four targets, catching one for 5 yards. However, only one target was as the quarterback’s first read, highlighting how little Mike McCarthy and Kellen Moore called his number this week.

Regarding Amari.... DiNucci rarely got off his first or 2nd read.  Fairly obvious the coaching staff didn't want DiNucci going at Slay as the windows may have been smaller.

Steele is awful.  It's time to kick out Martin to RT and start McGovern or even Looney at guard.

There were a plethora of rookies on both sides of the ball tonight. Cowboys center Tyler Biadasz and tackle Terrence Steele both struggled across the offensive line. Biadasz allowed three QB pressures up the middle but created running lanes for his backfield to plow through. Steele was a turnstile at right tackle for much of the night, giving up seven pressures and three sacks — both week-highs for offensive tackles.

And finally...... in 3 games without Dak, the offense has scored exactly 1 TD.  1 in 32 drives and that was when we were down by 4 scores vs the Cards.  We've seen some dreadful offenses in our time, but this is certainly one of the worst without Dak and certainly Tyron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Just hoping Dalton doesn't come back and manage to f up our draft position. 

Can he play DT?  If not, he may be worth .5 a win.  Maybe 1.  We could start Gucci all year and definitely go 2-14.  Where's Jerrah?  How come the media's not calling out his inability to put together a good team?  Wasted draft assets, terrible extensions, awful free agent signings.  Yea, we've had some injuries but we don't even look like we belong playing on Sundays. 

Come on press, turn up the heat on the Crypt Keeper.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

DiNucci might be one of the worst QBs I have ever seen at this level. Nothing about him was good. At all. Then again, he was a throwaway 7th round pick rookie who should not even be sniffing the field. Probably what you can expect but holy shit. If the guy had any ounce of talent, we easily win that game. Carson Wentz struggled to beat a 3rd string QB and he actually made our defense look very good. He's a bum.

we could have drafted Poona Ford with a 7th round pick. there are no throwaway picks if you know what you are doing.  He was a McCarthy shout out pick because the kid talked to him in an elevator once and was on a basketball team his brother coached. par for the course with Jerry's dumb ass.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

we could have drafted Poona Ford with a 7th round pick. there are no throwaway picks if you know what you are doing.  He was a McCarthy shout out pick because the kid talked to him in an elevator once and was on a basketball team his brother coached. par for the course with Jerry's dumb ass.

So much this. You can't afford to waste draft picks on scrubs who straight up can't play.

Edited by Pam Cummings

That was about a poorly coached game as you will ever see. They gave Denucci a zero percent chance at success. That said Denucci is probably not an NFL QB. I hope they leave him in though and they lose every remaining game. I can’t believe I hear what I am saying, but I am actively cheering against the Cowboys. I will continue to do so until JJ is no longer running this team. They may not succeed at any level with Stephen at the helm, but I no longer care. Fuck Jerry Jones!

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I did see that connection last night during the game lol. 

Then again, Romo would have looked the same way had he played his rookie year. Parcells knew he was nowhere close to being ready and that is why he was stashed away on the practice squad for some years. DiNucci has had zero prep time and was never supposed to take the field. Maybe I am being hard on him but I feel Garrett Gilbert or Cooper Rush could have did better than that last night. Unless they are on full tank mode and just seeing what they have from their rookies. If so, I am fine with rolling with him for the rest of the year. See if he progresses any.

27 minutes ago, Hate said:

That was about a poorly coached game as you will ever see. They gave Denucci a zero percent chance at success. That said Denucci is probably not an NFL QB. I hope they leave him in though and they lose every remaining game. I can’t believe I hear what I am saying, but I am actively cheering against the Cowboys. I will continue to do so until JJ is no longer running this team. They may not succeed at any level with Stephen at the helm, but I no longer care. Fuck Jerry Jones!

Terribly called game from Moore and bad gameplan from all the coaches on offense. Way too much bullshit trickeration that never worked. The play that stood out for me was when we were up 9-7 in the middle of the 3rd. On a great drive. 9 plays, 9 runs and jamming it down their throats. We were taking their willpower. 2nd and 6 and what do we call? Some bullshit, slow developing reverse to Wilson. Loses10 yards. Gain a few on 3rd and then try and 51yd FG into the win. Missed badly. Eagles get good field position and go down and score to go up 15-9 and we were never the same after. That sequence did us in. We had zero room for error and needed points any way we could. At worst, keep driving and kick another FG to extend the league. Defense was doing their part big time. Kellen Moore has no feel how to call a game. He has did that shit too many times. Garrett as well the entire time here. Tries to "outsmart" the other team and ends up outsmarting himself.

Everything last night should have been short routes, screens, anything quick. Too many times, we had him drop back and scan then field. For one, he's a 7th round rookie making his first start. Two, our OL is in shambles. Three, he has no idea how to read an NFL defense. So why are we still calling routes down the field? Up 3-0 and inside the Eagles redzone, we make him drop back and scan the field. Strip sack and Eagles ball. Huge chance to take a 10pt lead early.

If Dak played last night, that would have been a blowout to the tune of what we did to them last year on SNF.

Eagles are a terrible team.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well, I've finally come around on one thing regarding a quarterback in the NFC East. Carson Wentz is dogshit.

Glad you finally  came around. Been saying it for years. Fucking turnover machine. All of his wins this year came where he had to only make a few throws at the end of the game to win. Giants he made some plays in the last 5minutes. Niners the same thing. Oh, and the Niners had their backup QB in and missing half their team. Giants had Daniel Jones. We had our 3rd string. He's in year 5 as a top of the 1st rd pick and he's barely better than Daniel Jones, whomever Washington throws out and other spares. Nothing but east coast media bias to prop him up.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Regarding Amari.... DiNucci rarely got off his first or 2nd read.  Fairly obvious the coaching staff didn't want DiNucci going at Slay as the windows may have been smaller.

Steele is awful.  It's time to kick out Martin to RT and start McGovern or even Looney at guard.

And finally...... in 3 games without Dak, the offense has scored exactly 1 TD.  1 in 32 drives and that was when we were down by 4 scores vs the Cards.  We've seen some dreadful offenses in our time, but this is certainly one of the worst without Dak and certainly Tyron.

That seems like it's awesome.  But the Cowboys were 2-3 in  his starts so he must be bad too.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But I thought Dak was terrible and the sole reason we were losing games?

He isn't any better than what they have now.  That's what I keep seeing on social media.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Glad you finally  came around. Been saying it for years. Fucking turnover machine. All of his wins this year came where he had to only make a few throws at the end of the game to win. Giants he made some plays in the last 5minutes. Niners the same thing. Oh, and the Niners had their backup QB in and missing half their team. Giants had Daniel Jones. We had our 3rd string. He's in year 5 as a top of the 1st rd pick and he's barely better than Daniel Jones, whomever Washington throws out and other spares. Nothing but east coast media bias to prop him up.

Yeah the more he plays the more i like him. The play where he held on to the ball forever and let Wilson come charging in from 15 yards deep to strip sack him was a thing of beauty.

41 minutes ago, Nope said:

Price tag continues to climb.

Unless..... unless.... Dallas gets a top 5 pick and tries to use it for leverage.  Don't get me wrong, he's going to get a strong contract with an AAV of probably 33 million, maybe more, but the cap may not rise or perhaps even going down.  It'll be fascinating to see what happens if the Dallas gets a top 2 pick with Lawrence or Fields staring them in the face.  It's unfortunate because Dak deserved to get paid before guys like Zeke or Jaylon, but the organizational failure and stink runs deep in Dallas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Unless..... unless.... Dallas gets a top 5 pick and tries to use it for leverage.  Don't get me wrong, he's going to get a strong contract with an AAV of probably 33 million, maybe more, but the cap may not rise or perhaps even going down.  It'll be fascinating to see what happens if the Dallas gets a top 2 pick with Lawrence or Fields staring them in the face.  It's unfortunate because Dak deserved to get paid before guys like Zeke or Jaylon, but the organizational failure and stink runs deep in Dallas.

No guarantees in this division, could very easily “tank” our way into 6 wins .

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

An NFL franchise that scores only 1 TD in 32 drives has much bigger issues than QB. I don’t care who the QB is.

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yep, it will be interesting. I'm on the record that I'm fine with them wanting to take the rookie QB. I think it's the wrong move personally, as a rookie QB isn't going to fix anything other than save some money that the Cowboys have proven they don't know how to use anyways.  As long as they tag Dak and trade him or do the Tag that a team that signs him has to give up picks.

But I'm wholly against them just letting him walk. That would be extremely stupid and right up Dallas' alley.

And I've been pretty firm in my stance that I would prefer them get a Top 5 pick and trade it to a QB starved team for a King's ransom, thus getting a TON of top 100 picks to improve the Defense and OL in much quicker fashion.

This team doesn't need an entire full on rebuild, contrary to popular opinion. They're not a Jets/Jax level team.  One decent, not even good, offseason and they're competing again.

Actually hit on some draft picks on defense for once and sign some legit defensive talent(not Ha Ha late in the FA period) and get healthy on Offense and they're probably favorites to win the division anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

An NFL franchise that scores only 1 TD in 32 drives has much bigger issues than QB. I don’t care who the QB is.

Well, to be fair, when that QB was Dak, they were scoring 32+ a game with the same weapons and basically the same OL(maybe worse as the new guys on the OL didn't have time to gel at all)

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Price tag continues to climb.

TANK and start over Cowboys... Won't get to Superbowl anytime soon with roster and Dak.

Don't franchise Dak for 2021...   Hell let him go !!!

Where would Dak end up as a free agent in 2021 ???

Edited by LTtxfan