Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Can’t wait to use the 5th round on a guy from Bloomsburg university that didn’t play his senior year due to injury 

We will take...

Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama (6-3, 235 pounds)

Moses is trying to pick up where he left off in 2019 after a knee injury wiped out all of last season and took away his chance to be a surefire first-rounder in 2020. Moses has everything you want in an inside linebacker for a 3-4 or 4-3 with his range, instincts, speed and quickness.

———————

And convert him to S. Or some other position that makes no sense. 

Siap... 

Cowboys might not choose to franchise DAK next year. May have to rebuild in 2021 and continue eating the terrible Zeke contract.  Guess they can hope that they luck into another good rookie QB and their less expensive contract.

Cowboys hot topic: It may be time to blow it up and start over 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/10/27/21536326/dallas-cowboys-hot-topic-it-may-be-time-to-blow-it-up-and-start-over

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap... 

Cowboys might not choose to franchise DAK next year. May have to rebuild in 2021 and continue eating the terrible Zeke contract.  Guess they can hope that they luck into another good rookie QB and their less expensive contract.

Cowboys hot topic: It may be time to blow it up and start over 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/10/27/21536326/dallas-cowboys-hot-topic-it-may-be-time-to-blow-it-up-and-start-over

It’s been posted about 75 times on the off-season thread and this thread, Zeke will only be here through next season because his contract was structured in a manner to make that happen.   

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It really is time to blow it up. 

What draft picks does Dallas have for 2021 and 2022??

So far I've found this...  https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/dallas/22/2021/

2021 NFL DRAFT -- DALLAS COWBOYS

• Rd 1                1 pick
  • Rd 2                1 pick
  • Rd 3.               2 picks
  • Rd 4                2 picks
  • Rd 5                1 pick
  • Rd 6                2 picks

Really hate to say it, but time to rebuild the Cowboys.  Let DAK go, and eat bad salaries in 2021 to get into a better position for the future.

And don't ever sign a RB to a high salary long-term contract...   DUMBASSES !!!

• Like 2

Assume when he broke the all time rushing record. Don't think it will be broken for a really long time with free agency and the fact its a passing league now. 

Regarding letting Dak walk for nothing- The days of Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and Quincy Carter give me bad flashbacks. Bears have been searching for a competent QB for 20 years.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Not gonna lie, 22 yr old me at the game shed a small tear that day.  Had Dad with me at the game.  

A lot of people forget that in the same game, Darren Woodson became the Cowboys all-time leading tackler and then got ejected not long after for damn near killing one of the Seahawks receivers.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Really hate to say it, but time to rebuild the Cowboys.  Let DAK go, and eat bad salaries in 2021 to get into a better position for the future.

Nah they can't just let him go. Tag and trade him. Exclusive Tag him to get a couple of 1st's.  Just letting him go would destroy this franchise even longer.

And these "bad contracts" will be there no matter what. Zeke is gone after 2021(not long), Coopers Deal was basically a 2 year guaranteed deal too, they're stuck with DLaw and Jaylon for a bit.

If they truly want to rebuild they need to get what they can for Dak, not let him walk. But I've been saying this whole time they need to tank, hopefully get one of those QB's on the radar and then trade THAT for a king's ransom, because Teams stupidly overvalue draft picks and their potential over proven players. Especially QB's.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Nah they can't just let him go. Tag and trade him. Exclusive Tag him to get a couple of 1st's.  Just letting him go would destroy this franchise even longer.

And these "bad contracts" will be there no matter what. Zeke is gone after 2021(not long), Coopers Deal was basically a 2 year guaranteed deal too, they're stuck with DLaw and Jaylon for a bit.

If they truly want to rebuild they need to get what they can for Dak, not let him walk. But I've been saying this whole time they need to tank, hopefully get one of those QB's on the radar and then trade THAT for a king's ransom, because Teams stupidly overvalue draft picks and their potential over proven players. Especially QB's.

They can post June 1 cut Jaylon next year and save a ton.  They could've done that with Tyron this year and saved $18 million.  You'd also want to Non-Exclusive tag Dak, not Exclusive.    

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

They can post June 1 cut Jaylon next year and save a ton.  They could've done that with Tyron this year and saved $18 million.  You'd also want to Non-Exclusive tag Dak, not Exclusive.    

Yeah that's right, you want those 2 Firsts if someone signs him.

I bet a QB needy team would offer a 1st rounder for Dak if they can sign him to a longer type deal. 

I would like a HOF QB no doubt but you could be on the hunt for 25 years.

There's still scenarios where a Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees retire with 0 Super Bowls in an alternate universe though. It's a QB heavy league but still need luck and a competent franchise. So we would still be screwed until a smart Jones family member is in charge.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster
  • Hook 'Em 1

Since the characters name is Jerry: 

Customer: (Cowboys fan):We sat here right in this room and went over this and over this!
Jerry: Yeah, but that TruCoat--
Customer: I sat right here and said I didn't want no TruCoat!
Jerry: Yeah, but I'm sayin', that TruCoat, you don't get it and you get oxidization problems. It'll cost you a heck of lot more'n five hundred--
Customer: You're sittin' here, you're talkin' in circles! You're talkin' like we didn't go over this already!
Jerry: Yeah, but this TruCoat--
Customer: We had us a deal here for nine-teen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get this car, these options, without the sealant, for nine-teen-five!
Jerry: All right, I'm not sayin' I didn't--
Customer: You called me twenty minutes ago and said you had it! Ready to make delivery, ya says! Come on down and get it! And here ya are and you're wastin' my time and you're wastin' my wife's time and I'm payin' nineteen-five for this vehicle here!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

I'm sure the Patriots want a 1st rounder 

I would try to move Amari Cooper or Gallup before the deadline

Amare is here through next season.  Maybe you can move him after next season but any discussion in trading him is really just click bait or stupidity from TV personalities.

Gallup could be moved but what for?  You'd need to get back a very good player on a rookie contract or a very good pick to make it worth it.  He's still on his rookie contract.

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Jerrah's old..... he doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild.  This reset is driving him crazy.  Good luck with convincing him to wait until 2022-23 to compete.

8 hours ago, Hate said:

There is not a team in this or any other league that would trade two first round picks for Dak.

Probably 3-4.  Bears being primary on the list.  They don't have to be back to back.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Tank this year and by tank I mean go 0 for the rest of the year. Trade out of the early pick unless there is someone that can make a difference next year, sign Dak, fire Nolan and McCarthy, bring in one of the young college guys, make another run at it next year. The release Dak nonsense is stupid, we’ve seen what the other side of the coin looks like. They need to fix the D and the OL and use this one year drop to get better draft picks. Fuck playing the QB lottery in the draft, it’s not worth it. I would throw hire a legitimate GM in there but that may be a bridge too far.

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably 3-4.  Bears being primary on the list.  They don't have to be back to back.

We could argue about this for years, but I do not believe there is a market for him that includes two first round draft picks. I think that is true especially when you consider his contact demands. Would he adjust those expectations coming off a severe injured? Maybe. I’d love to see Jerry do it to see if there are any takers. My feeling is that it will be crickets. I am not a Dak hater, I just do not believe that he is an elite QB or worth to first round draft picks...at least not to a well run organization.

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Tank this year and by tank I mean go 0 for the rest of the year. Trade out of the early pick unless there is someone that can make a difference next year, sign Dak, fire Nolan and McCarthy, bring in one of the young college guys, make another run at it next year. The release Dak nonsense is stupid, we’ve seen what the other side of the coin looks like. They need to fix the D and the OL and use this one year drop to get better draft picks. Fuck playing the QB lottery in the draft, it’s not worth it. I would throw hire a legitimate GM in there but that may be a bridge too far.

I think the only way McCarthy gets fired is if we just don’t show an ounce of “fight” for the rest of the year. I think he gets a mulligan with the coaching staff and the covid excuse. But if we just get the doors blown off of us every week, especially against teams like Washington, NYG, and cincy, I think he’s gone. Every packers fan I know personally and on Reddit laughed at this hire. And LOL at the idea that Jerry said he didn’t want to hire a young innovative coach. Look at all the young coaches around the league right now. Maybe I’m forgetting someone, but ALL of them have been pretty successful this year. Every single one. Kevin Stefanski (sp?) was pretty unproven, and he has the browns at 5-2. We need a young mind to get in here and shake things up. 

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think the only way McCarthy gets fired is if we just don’t show an ounce of “fight” for the rest of the year. I think he gets a mulligan with the coaching staff and the covid excuse. But if we just get the doors blown off of us every week, especially against teams like Washington, NYG, and cincy, I think he’s gone. Every packers fan I know personally and on Reddit laughed at this hire. And LOL at the idea that Jerry said he didn’t want to hire a young innovative coach. Look at all the young coaches around the league right now. Maybe I’m forgetting someone, but ALL of them have been pretty successful this year. Every single one. Kevin Stefanski (sp?) was pretty unproven, and he has the browns at 5-2. We need a young mind to get in here and shake things up. 

Dont forget the barely .500 former college coach that blew our doors off 2 weeks ago is 5-2 as well.   Lulz 

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Dont forget the barely .500 former college coach that blew our doors off 2 weeks ago is 5-2 as well.   Lulz 

Matt Rhule is another guy. That defense was atrocious last year and he has them playing pretty well. Then you pair that with Joe Brady, and you have a competent football team in Carolina that would’ve taken the saints to OT last week if Teddy B didn’t take a bad sack. Rhule was the guy I wanted last year (especially if that meant he was bringing Brady with him). It was just a frustrating short sighted decision by the Jones family, but that isn’t surprising. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Matt Rhule is another guy. That defense was atrocious last year and he has them playing pretty well. Then you pair that with Joe Brady, and you have a competent football team in Carolina that would’ve taken the saints to OT last week it Teddy B didn’t take a bad sack. Rhule was the guy I wanted last year (especially if that meant he was bringing Brady with him). It was just a frustrating short sighted decision by the Jones family, but that isn’t surprising. 

I was hoping Rhule would be the guy so bad, but there’s no way Jerruh was gonna give him total control of player/personnel like Tepper did