Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Know Jason Garrett sucked but his teams never quit on him like the Cowboys have this year. Fat Mike needs to go.

When Dalton was nearly decapitated and  no one tried to fight Bostic or start shit on the next play...it’s obvious. McCarthy has lost the team (such as they are) and I his presser he was asked about the players’ reaction to the dirty Dalton hit and he admits that their response “was not what u would expect.” They ain’t winning another game. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Know Jason Garrett sucked but his teams never quit on him like the Cowboys have this year. Fat Mike needs to go.

You just know the next Jets coach is gonna be Garrett. Doesn't have to leave the city and look what he did with such a terrible team getting them to 8 wins! Woody Johnson is one of the biggest dipshits alive so it's probable

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 1

If only Jerruh could just admit he made a mistake and fire MM. just make Kellen the interim and raid the college football scene for the next coach. I guess he really doesn’t want to win that badly. 25 years of squandering talent. No NFC championship. Pathetic. MM was a mistake. Blow up the staff. 

F997D830-0744-42A0-817B-7187CE09C761.jpeg

Just remember McCarthy got this job because he met with the owner and lied to his face saying he studied every snap of the cowboys 2019 season and the owner was stupid enough not to grill him on it to verify if he's telling the truth. 

2-4 with a broken locker room is overachieving for these fucks

• Fuck You 1

Getting our asses kicked two weeks in a row is still better than year after year of mediocrity with Garrett. At least now - hopefully - we can just make changes in the offseason and quit pretending that next year Ginger is going to step up a level. 

Fire MM, get Dak back, and revamp in the draft and FA. 

8 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Getting our asses kicked two weeks in a row is still better than year after year of mediocrity with Garrett. At least now - hopefully - we can just make changes in the offseason and quit pretending that next year Ginger is going to step up a level. 

Fire MM, get Dak back, and revamp in the draft and FA. 

Lolz...the Cowboys have been rebuilding for 25 years.  They are still 5 years out at a minimum...

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

When Dalton was nearly decapitated and  no one tried to fight Bostic or start shit on the next play...it’s obvious. McCarthy has lost the team (such as they are) and I his presser he was asked about the players’ reaction to the dirty Dalton hit and he admits that their response “was not what u would expect.” They ain’t winning another game. 

I was thinking the same thing. Not a single Cowboy stood up to Bostic for their QB. Not a single motherfucker approached a piece of shit that could've very easily paralyzed their teammate with that hit. Absolutely no fight. No heart. Out of everything I saw today, that was the worst.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, D_Goose said:

I was thinking the same thing. Not a single Cowboy stood up to Bostic for their QB. Not a single motherfucker approached a piece of shit that could've very easily paralyzed their teammate with that hit. Absolutely no fight. No heart. Out of everything I saw today, that was the worst.

The rest of the schedule will be a beating for the fans. No heart is exactly right. By all accounts Dalton is a great person. It’s not like he stole Dak’s job or Dak was benched for Dalton. You’d think they’d have at least gave a damn their QB was hit like that. Even the fucking Washington players were distressed over that hit. Literally. I get McCarthy has lost the team and was a bad hire. No question about that. But to not care about your teammate shows something is systemically wrong here. It’s more than just MM. the root of the problem is the Jones clan. Stephen may actually be worse than Jerruh. 

The Cowboys, from McCarthy on down, can continue to pay lip service to how "bonded'' they all are, how wrong it is of the media to suggest there is a "disconnect'' in this brotherhood. But their inaction following the brutalization of their QB speaks volumes about what drives the 2020 Dallas Cowboys.

Nothing drives the 2020 Dallas Cowboys.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/washingtons-jon-bostic-earned-an-ejection-for-his-cheap-shot-on-cowboys-qb-dalton-but-in-addition-to-the-dallas-loss-the-aftermath-tells-a-story

• Hook 'Em 1

Nolan may suck, McCarthy may suck but I highly doubt they tell the corners and safeties to let WR’s run right by them.... or Jaylon Smith to run himself out of every running play...players are pointing at coaches cause its easier than getting better..... there are some poison players in the locker room and they need to be cut out and thrown away.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dalton knows 2 passes. Checkdowns/screens and 4 yard outs. He is beyond bad. I would not start him another game. There is zero point. No one even came to his defense on that dirty hit. No one cares about him or feels anything for him. He's useless here. Roll with the 3rd string the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dalton knows 2 passes. Checkdowns/screens and 4 yard outs. He is beyond bad. I would not start him another game. There is zero point. No one even came to his defense on that dirty hit. No one cares about him or feels anything for him. He's useless here. Roll with the 3rd string the rest of the way.

His not exactly trash and he did have his best play with jay Gruden as his OC. His stats through his first four years are almost identical to Dak’s. They are virtually the same. Only true difference is a playoff win and Dak’s injury. But through four years the stats are nearly identical in yards, completion percentage, TDs and INTs. Not that big a gap between the stats.

its not Daltons fault Dak is injured. No reason to hate on him. The team is a pile of shit right now. The coaching is awful. If the players don’t give a fuck and haven’t given a fuck why should we? 

Also, there is literally no argument left to what Dak meant to this team. We went from an offense that ranked at the top of most categories to now maybe the worst offense the NFL has seen in a long time. I don't give a shit about one more injury on the OL. even more so, his leadership. This team flat out does not give a shit anymore because they know they have no chance to win with Dalton under center. Dak held this team together and he was able to overcome his own mistakes, Zeke's fumbles, the worst defense in NFL history, a shit ass coaching coach staff. It wasn't perfect or even pretty all the time but we legit had a chance to win every time we stepped on the field. In steps Dalton and now we are against all odds to even score one single TD, much less win a game. I still find it fucking hilarious that people really thought Dalton would give us a better chance to win. Remember, we were going back to our roots! Lmao!! Dalton has made Gallup and Lamb absolutely worthless because he has no idea how to throw it down the field.

Dak is sitting back and laughing at this garbage. His price just went up significantly. Everyone thought he was stupid to not ink that deal. It was always the right move. Make Dallas keep franchising you until they break the bank or another team does. The Kirk Cousins model. Dak will actually benefit from this injury. We never knew how the team would play without him. It was always hypotheticals. We see it now. And it's beyond terrible.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

His not exactly trash and he did have his best play with jay Gruden as his OC. His stats through his first four years are almost identical to Dak’s. They are virtually the same. Only true difference is a playoff win and Dak’s injury. But through four years the stats are nearly identical in yards, completion percentage, TDs and INTs. Not that big a gap between the stats.

its not Daltons fault Dak is injured. No reason to hate on him. The team is a pile of shit right now. The coaching is awful. If the players don’t give a fuck and haven’t given a fuck why should we? 

Ok but Dalton's first 4 years are how far in the past? I don't care about Dalton a decade ago. Dak's first 4 years are literally his entire career up to now. Dalton is trash now. Beyond trash. Cincy moved on from him for a reason. He rode the coat tails of his defense when he stepped into this league. Not sure what the comparison of that was. Why not compare Dalton in 2016-2019 to Dak's 2016-19, That is more accurate and relevant. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ok but Dalton's first 4 years are how far in the past? I don't care about Dalton a decade ago. Dak's first 4 years are literally his entire career up to now. Dalton is trash now. Beyond trash. Cincy moved on from him for a reason. He rode the coat tails of his defense when he stepped into this league. Not sure what the comparison of that was. Why not compare Dalton in 2016-2019 to Dak's 2016-19, That is more accurate and relevant. 

Most of us here love Dak and realize what he means to the team as a whole. The Dalton signing wasn’t a bad one. I doubt he clears concussion protocol this week anyway. We will have to roll with DiNucci and Squints (who has been with the team all of a week). On paper, despite the injuries, we shouldn’t be this craptastic. We have no heart and honestly very little hope of winning another game as it stands right now. 

Cowboys fans have been overrating most of the talent on their team for quite awhile now. I'm not sure that there's a position group that the Cowboys would be in the top 10 in the league, outside of QB and OL (when healthy). I see a lot of talk about the WRs, but Cooper is an-average WR1 and Lamb still has yet to show much. And Zeke is solidly outside of the top tier group opf RBs. He is a relic of an NFL past much like slow big men without scoring touch are a relic of NBA past. He's a plodding power back who isn't all that powerful anymore. 

It's just not a very talented football team and the two position groups who covered up a ton of personnel deficiencies are now hurt, so you're seeing what you're seeing. Mike McCarthy, who was an absolute joke of a hire that most people knew was a terrible choice, certainly doesn't help either.

Gotta face the music, the Cowboys are a bad team in need of a rebuild.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re a moron...

.....an emotional (over a pro football team, lulz) one that is begging for a fight. Nobody here thought Dalton was better. Unless you’ve been effectively trolled by @futureman  

I cannot believe grown men with alleged UT degrees give a flying fuck about the Cowboys. It’s honestly more entertaining to me watching them suck, and watching you melt down every Sunday. Over a team owned by Jerry Jones. You’re a joke. 

Didn't you grow up in Austin? That probably has some effect on your feelings towards professional sports.  

Also, there is literally no argument left to what Dak meant to this team. We went from an offense that ranked at the top of most categories to now maybe the worst offense the NFL has seen in a long time. I don't give a shit about one more injury on the OL. even more so, his leadership. This team flat out does not give a shit anymore because they know they have no chance to win with Dalton under center. Dak held this team together and he was able to overcome his own mistakes, Zeke's fumbles, the worst defense in NFL history, a shit ass coaching coach staff. It wasn't perfect or even pretty all the time but we legit had a chance to win every time we stepped on the field. In steps Dalton and now we are against all odds to even score one single TD, much less win a game. I still find it fucking hilarious that people really thought Dalton would give us a better chance to win. Remember, we were going back to our roots! Lmao!! Dalton has made Gallup and Lamb absolutely worthless because he has no idea how to throw it down the field.
Dak is sitting back and laughing at this garbage. His price just went up significantly. Everyone thought he was stupid to not ink that deal. It was always the right move. Make Dallas keep franchising you until they break the bank or another team does. The Kirk Cousins model. Dak will actually benefit from this injury. We never knew how the team would play without him. It was always hypotheticals. We see it now. And it's beyond terrible.

The OL is terrible with La’el, Tyron and Zack Martin out. I don’t give a shit who is playing QB, it’s gonna be a shit show with this patchwork group out there.

Drew, do you still have Chaz Green’s cell? McCarthy might need it.

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jaylon Smith might be the worst starting LB in the NFL.

Depressing knowing he'll be starting next year as well.

He's certainly the most consistently disappointing.

Or maybe we're just looking at this all wrong. Since the Cowboys under Jones are never going anywhere, maybe we should just be happy about a badly injured young man who worked his ass off to steal from Jerry. He's hardly the first one to do it, but he might be the most inspirational.  

Went to my lease today during the game and didn't record the game at home.

Just looked up the score after the game was over and chuckled.
Quoting myself here.

Since the late 80s i always watched or listened to Brad sham or Dale Hanson. I'm tired of shit teams the last quarter century. If I have nothing going on yes, I will watch.

Today I went to my duck lease cabin to vacuum and mop and what not. Got done at 5 and looked up the score. Chuckle. Not even mad at all.

Vic thinks this team is a healthy Dak Prescott away from not being one of the 3-5 worst teams in football.  

You never want to see a guy get a season ending injury, but if he can come back healthy this is a blessing in disguise. Avoiding playing behind this offensive line is better for his long term health, and it’s better for his contract negotiations. 

Also, who is the best pass rusher in this draft? Anymore Bosa’s out there?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

23 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Vic thinks this team is a healthy Dak Prescott away from not being one of the 3-5 worst teams in football.  

You never want to see a guy get a season ending injury, but if he can come back healthy this is a blessing in disguise. Avoiding playing behind this offensive line is better for his long term health, and it’s better for his contract negotiations. 

Also, who is the best pass rusher in this draft? Anymore Bosa’s out there?

Probably Rousseau but he's not considered a top 5 guy right now...... I agree about the assessment about Dak.  Don't want him to get hurt but this team has missed on so many draft picks that getting some tougher ones to fuck up can only help.  If we can get Sewell we should.  Let him start out at RT until Smith's back buckles and move Collins back to guard.  Connor can become the jack of all trades backup lineman.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

The OL is terrible with La’el, Tyron and Zack Martin out. I don’t give a shit who is playing QB, it’s gonna be a shit show with this patchwork group out there.

Drew, do you still have Chaz Green’s cell? McCarthy might need it.

How many games did Dak play with Tyron? 1? Maybe 2? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably Rousseau but he's not considered a top 5 guy right now...... I agree about the assessment about Dak.  Don't want him to get hurt but this team has missed on so many draft picks that getting some tougher ones to fuck up can only help.  If we can get Sewell we should.  Let him start out at RT until Smith's back buckles and move Collins back to guard.  Connor can become the jack of all trades backup lineman.

If we get a top 5 pick I hope we trade back for multiple picks. Of course we chose the worst season to be absolute garbage. We'll have a lot of competition for a top 5 pick. 

Over the last 20 games (so across two seasons) the cowboys are 7-13. During that same time span, the New York jets...7-13. So for those of you thinking Dak would save the day, no he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t even if everyone was healthy. We’re just a terrible, terrible football team, and not having Dak along with these injuries makes us easily the worst team in the league. It really isn’t even close, actually.

Edited by youdunnf'dup