Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, futureman said:

andy. fucking. dalton.

that final drive was amazing.  veteran throws from a veteran quarterback.  there is wind in our sails!!  get ready for a win streak, boys.  I love all of you. 

On 10/12/2020 at 12:14 AM, futureman said:

this team is about to go on a run and dalton is going to surprise a lot of people.  he has talent around him that he never had in cincinnati.  sure he had aj green, but now he has three of them plus zeke elliott.  he is going to manage this offense better than people are used to seeing and we will actually start winning some goddamn games.  buckle up, bitches. 

On 10/12/2020 at 12:14 AM, futureman said:

america’s team is back, boys. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:56 PM, futureman said:

what are y’all gonna do when the offense is significantly better with a cool, smart, red-headed gunslinger taking the snaps? 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:14 PM, futureman said:

the offense and the team will be better and more efficient.  wins are coming.  much needed change is coming.  the dak-apologists are about to be in a world of shit. 

On 10/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, futureman said:

the only win that didn’t result from a miracle was orchestrated by andy dalton.  this isn’t hard. 

On 10/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, futureman said:

Tony Dungy is a super bowl winning coach.  he thinks dak getting hurt is a “blessing in disguise” and we will be a better team going forward.  how many of you have super bowl rings?  none of you?  ok then. 

On 10/13/2020 at 3:06 PM, futureman said:

we can talk in circles all you want, but I know one thing: andy dalton won that game on sunday.  and we’ll be better than 1-3 in our next four against a tougher schedule than dak faced.  it’s going to be very hard for y’all when everything I’ve said about dak will be confirmed this season.  get ready for a playoff run, dipshits. 

6 hours ago, futureman said:

nor do I.  we’ll be better. 

6 hours ago, futureman said:

dak was 1-3 coming off 8-8.  he ain’t the guy.  dalton actually gives us a chance. 

lolololol.gif 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

dalton had to bring us back from dak’s bullshit to win last week so let’s call him 1-1.  same winning percentage as dak last year.  and considerably better than dak this year.  he’s the better quarterback.

this isn’t hard.  

Lmao what? Dalton had a lead when he entered the game. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I was hearing on the radio a couple of weeks ago that there was some real fear that this fumbling thing was a form of the yips (e.g. Tiki Barber-itis) that can actually be existential as a threat for running backs if they don't get right with it immediately. Someone mentioned when he was a rookie they practiced with a ball that would squeak if you were holding it correctly (Zeke was asked and said they don't do that anymore or haven't for a while), but he needs two weeks of nothing but ball handling drills and fumbling drills or a psychiatrist. STAT.

He probably learned all of his fumbling from Stan Drayton.

I think we might actually be one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in football, and I’m ok with that. Lean all the way into the suck, don’t give the fans any false hope, and let’s try this thing again in 2021. A 2021 where we probably won’t have expectations, which means we’ll probably finish 10-6, and get bounced in the wild card or divisional rounds 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think we might actually be one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in football, and I’m ok with that. Lean all the way into the suck, don’t give the fans any false hope, and let’s try this thing again in 2021. A 2021 where we probably won’t have expectations, which means we’ll probably finish 10-6, and get bounced in the wild card or divisional rounds 

You mean a "dream" season?!?!

26 minutes ago, anacardo said:

so why are we *this* bad, exactly?  both lines sucking out loud seems like 50+% of it, Nolan another big chunk

An OL that’s been decimated by injuries to the point where it’s one of the worst in the league, and easily the worst DC in all of football. Nolan flamed out in 2014 because he couldn’t keep up with evolving offenses. Hiring him in 2020 was utter insanity, but McCarthy had to stay loyal to his buddy who gave him an OC gig back in 2005. 

Of all McCarthy’s flaws, selecting DCs is probably the biggest. He kept Capers about 4 years too long and wasted the back end of Rodgers’ prime and then he goes and hires Nolan at his next stop. 

aside from the terrible defense it can't be overestated how bad our OL is due to injuries.  from left to right this is who we had starting the game last night (compared to our preseason expectations):

4th string, starter, 2nd string, 2nd string, 3rd string.  

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

aside from the terrible defense it can't be overestated how bad our OL is due to injuries.  from left to right this is who we had starting the game last night (compared to our preseason expectations):

4th string, starter, 2nd string, 2nd string, 3rd string.  

Chiefs beat the Bills without 3 of their starting linemen don't even wanna trot out these bullshit excuses.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke was the right pick in 2016. 

This is not that same Zeke.

A RB is never the right pick in the top 5.  Never unless he can play both ways.  lol.  It sets up a cascade of events that hamstring your organization which you're seeing now.  Short shelf lives, value easily gathered elsewhere, poor resale value, and because he's a top 10 pick and they typically will be productive, the organization will feel they have to sign him to a 2nd contract.  It was a bad pick.  Doesn't mean he was/is a bad player, but it was a bad pick.  Picking RBs in the top 10 are antiquated ideas.

Giants will do the same silly thing when Barkley will ball out in his contract year and they sign him to a crazy dumb deal.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 2

lulz he capped the tv.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Chiefs beat the Bills without 3 of their starting linemen don't even wanna trot out these bullshit excuses.

these aren't excuses, i'm not trying to protect anyone from scrutiny.  there are reasons we're playing so poorly and i think the OL's condition is the main factor on the offensive side of the ball.  

20 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Thinking 7-9 honestly. This defense is real bad.

Watching Derrick Henry yesterday just reminded me we could have had Jalen Ramsey and Henry. Ended up with Zeke and Jaylon Smith.

This team isn't sweeping the nfc east and I don't think they best a single non east team let on their schedule. No way they hit 7 wins. I think eagles sweep them and they either split or get swept by washington. This is a3-4 win team with an outside chance of 2-14 if they've fully quit. 

They should lose as much as possible to get the highest picks then trade whoever can be traded at a reasonable cap hit and go full out rebuild. Tag Dak again and if lucky enough to get the number 1 pick then trade him. 

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

This team isn't sweeping the nfc east and I don't think they best a single non east team let on their schedule. No way they hit 7 wins. I think eagles sweep them and they either split or get swept by washington. This is a3-4 win team with an outside chance of 2-14 if they've fully quit. 

They should lose as much as possible to get the highest picks then trade whoever can be traded at a reasonable cap hit and go full out rebuild. Tag Dak again and if lucky enough to get the number 1 pick then trade him. 

One of the biggest problems is that Jerry Jones so desperately wants to win one more Super Bowl before he dies that he can't afford to take the three to four years needed to go through a proper rebuilding process. He's constantly convincing himself that he's only a few players away

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

One of the biggest problems is that Jerry Jones so desperately wants to win one more Super Bowl before he dies that he can't afford to take the three to four years needed to go through a proper rebuilding process. He's constantly convincing himself that he's only a few players away

We were actually just a few players away on defense in 2014 and 2016. Those offenses were fucking good. We were set there. But the defense was so fucking bad and both years, they let Rodgers carve them up. One year, being on one leg. Those were our years to pounce and win it all.

2018 was fool's gold. We got hot and ran through an easy schedule and got in the playoffs and beat a meh Seattle team. They were exposed big time against the Rams. That team had zero chance to do anything in the playoffs.

The Jones family just have no idea how to build a team. They see it as fantasy football.