Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Top teams in PPG through 4 weeks:

Packers - 38.0

Seahawks - 35.5

Cowboys - 31.5

Browns - 31.0

Bills -30.8

Saints - 30.8

Ravens - 30.5

Buccaneers - 30.0

Chiefs - 29.3

Raiders - 27.8

Soooooo...outside of the Raiders and the Cowboys the other teams have winning records. This screams of how shitty the defense is.

i wonder if JJ understands that having competent Safeties and Corners helps the pass rush? Does he even understand Defense? Does McCarthy? We know Nolan sure as shit doesn’t. Most of the teams on that list above have a shot at the SB. And division championship/WC. If Dallas had a Defense...damn.

its only 1/4 of the season though. Covid, injuries, etc...can still wreck teams and units can still improve. But still. 1-3 with that kind of PPG numbers is just sad. 

McCarthy kept Capers on in Green Bay about 5 years too long and wasted the res for Rogers’ prime. Then at his next stop, he hired a DC who flamed out in 2014 because he couldn’t keep up with the innovations in offense at that time, so I’m gonna go with no on that one. 

59 minutes ago, Hate said:

Maybe we can tank our way to the #1 pick and get Lawrence?

More like go 6-10 or 7-9, win the division, and then pick 18th. 

Dak would be smart to bail, and the Cowboys, and those idiot fans that want him gone, would be stupid.

Also, if we're tanking this season it better be for stud Defensive or OL picks. NOT a QB. Drafting a QB to this mess would be a disaster.

And unless you're trading Dak for several picks, WTF would you want to tank to get a QB that's not better than Dak is right now...and probably won't be for several years.

Even if you think Lawrence or Feilds is better prospect and will be better than Dak over their careers(debatable but worth discussion) it'll be a long time before that guy is even giving you close to what Dak is now.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What’s the better lineup:

knight Williams center’s name McGovern martin

or knight McGovern centers name Martin williams

?

I’d rather have Martin at LT. I trust Knight can be serviceable at RT where Dak can see the edge rusher. I think right now I trust Knight more than Williams at tackle. I’ve at least seen Knight play tackle against NFL pass rushers and look decent at times.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Better point. He doesn’t deserve that money. 

Is that the tag number?  If so, I walk. 

It's almost like you haven't been paying attention to QB salaries. Your claims as to who deserves and doesn't deserve a certain salary has no bearing on this topic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'd rather have our best OL at his best position instead of playing at a lesser level at a less than ideal postion, even if he'll do pretty decent. That said, it tends to be easier to plug in a guard and scheme to protect him some. It's a bad situation with no perfect answer. Knight seems to have played semi-adequately at the tackle positions.

Edited by DougO

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

$40MM approaches Mahomes money and Watson was vastly overpaid. BOB was idiotic to do that. While that was no doubt a collaborative decision with ownership, I don’t think GMs are going to be as free wheeling with contracts because of BOB’s firing combined with the pandemic. 

Having said that, yes, someone will pick him up for about $35MM per. Until he starts winning games and stops turning the ball over at crucial times, I’m not sure that needs to be the Cowboys. He’s not going to evolve into an elite QB and I don’t believe we ought to expend that capital because we’re overextended elsewhere and need to rebuild each line and the back 7 on D. 

This bolded part is different than claiming that no one will pay him at some prescribed number. With Tyron's impending retirement and our other roster issues the calculus around paying Dak may change a bit, but that has no impact on the QB market and what other teams would be willing to pay him. Just take a look at the QB franchise tag growth over the past 4 years and even a conservative estimate would have Dak making 40 million within the next 2 years. There simply doesn't seem to be anything slowing down the QB market and that's even with a pandemic killing off a significant % of NFL revenues this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

God it's still so laughable how many idiots on here still think Dak is some bum QB.  Dude is playing with one of the worse OL's in football right now and still slinging it.

Dude dropped back 61 times last week and was sacked twice and had one pick on a bad route by Amari(even if Dak should have thrown to another player).  The Strip Fumble was completely on Steele and the coaching(bad long developing play call and not providing any help for Steele).

The fact he isn't getting sacked MORE and turning the ball over MORE is indicative of just how good he's become.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d rather have Martin at LT. I trust Knight can be serviceable at RT where Dak can see the edge rusher. I think right now I trust Knight more than Williams at tackle. I’ve at least seen Knight play tackle against NFL pass rushers and look decent at times.

Martin won't play LT unless a huge emergency.  It's RT or RG as a choice.  So it's probably going to be Knight, Williams, Biadasz, McGovern, Martin or at some point we may see this alignment.

16 hours ago, DougO said:

I'd rather have our best OL at his best position instead of playing at a lesser level at a less than ideal postion, even if he'll do pretty decent. That said, it tends to be easier to plug in a guard and scheme to protect him some. It's a bad situation with no perfect answer. Knight seems to have played semi-adequately at the tackle positions.

I generally agree but with so many injuries, it's a may be a matter of depth.  Is the delta of Martin over McGovern at RG more or less than Martin over Steele at RT?  We have no idea.  It's sort of really frightening that McGovern hasn't gotten any time in his career and also that Dallas had no real FA vet to go to with all of this.  This isn't a one week thing, this is a seasonal decision.

38 minutes ago, Drew said:

God it's still so laughable how many idiots on here still think Dak is some bum QB.  Dude is playing with one of the worse OL's in football right now and still slinging it.

Dude dropped back 61 times last week and was sacked twice and had one pick on a bad route by Amari(even if Dak should have thrown to another player).  The Strip Fumble was completely on Steele and the coaching(bad long developing play call and not providing any help for Steele).

The fact he isn't getting sacked MORE and turning the ball over MORE is indicative of just how good he's become.

2A794ACC-49A5-425E-B121-E83065142003.gif

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Drew said:

Drew. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. 

you’re talking to like 2 or 3 people, and I’m not even including futureman who is obviously trolling (although I don’t know if you fully get that yet, even after all this time). I feel like you just enjoy riding Dak’s dick because you take the bait every time someone brings up anything about Dak. It’s like a bat signal to you.

He’s not perfect fucking relax. He’s been part of the turnover problem in the first half of games, which is the main reason we get down. Is that correctable, yes. But we lead the league in turnovers. Some of that isn’t on him, but some of it is. You don’t have to do this every time someone says ANYTHING negative about Dak lol. 

Also the strip sack wasn’t on Steele. He’s an undrafted rookie going up against Myles Garrett. Dak tried to make a play downfield, knowing that he has an undrafted rookie protecting his blind side against the best pass rusher in the league. It’s not 100% on Dak, but you definitely need to have a little more aware of what’s happening in the pocket. Period. That’s all I’m saying. Stop riding his dick so hard. We have a good qb who has played well but has also made mistakes that have caused us to be down in games. That’s a 2 year pattern.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

I said "how many idiots". I didn't say All, or half, or most or anything.  Talk about overreacting.

And Futurman isn't trolling anymore. He's been doing it so long he actually believes it.  That's why he's on ignore, as well as Dr Beeper's dumb ass.

I never said Dak is perfect.  I haven't even said he's elite. All I said is that Dak is doing what he's doing despite the OL and other issues is an indication he has gotten even better.

BTW I don't say shit every time someone says anything negative.  There are TONS Of posts in this very thread that I never responded to or quoted or anything.

The issue is you specifically wait for me to say anything positive about Dak, or when I do finally shit on the people who are obviously making stupid comments about Dak, you come in here with a post like this.

Pretending every single post I make is like this or that I only respond to people trashing Dak.  You tell me to calm down and don't say any thing, when EVERY time you say something to me it's the same thing and you're wrong.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

I said "how many idiots". I didn't say All, or half, or most or anything.  Talk about overreacting.

And Futurman isn't trolling anymore. He's been doing it so long he actually believes it.  That's why he's on ignore, as well as Dr Beeper's dumb ass.

I never said Dak is perfect.  I haven't even said he's elite. All I said is that Dak is doing what he's doing despite the OL and other issues is an indication he has gotten even better.

BTW I don't say shit every time someone says anything negative.  There are TONS Of posts in this very thread that I never responded to or quoted or anything.

The issue is you specifically wait for me to say anything positive about Dak, or when I do finally shit on the people who are obviously making stupid comments about Dak, you come in here with a post like this.

Pretending every single post I make is like this or that I only respond to people trashing Dak.  You tell me to calm down and don't say any thing, when EVERY time you say something to me it's the same thing and you're wrong.  

Other people say things. You’re the only one who rants, and keeps saying dumbass shit like “Dak should bounce because he deserves better than these shit fans that don’t believe in him”, when you know for a fact that most cowboys fans believe in Dak. They just call out his flaws when they turn into patterns. I swear I haven’t just singled you out because your name is Drew. It’s because of the cringe worthy dick riding comments that IMO only you make. That make me reply almost as a reflex. But you’re right. I’ll stop...

Once again, you say it's the ONLY thing I say and ONLY respond to people who say bad things about Dak when that's not the case.

Yes I get a little extreme when it comes to my responses, because I can't believe some people are so damned stupid. 

Also, no..."most" Cowboys fans do NOT believe in Dak. This thread alone is proof of that, and if not go check out Twitter/Facebook/Intagram some time.  It's FULL of people who think like Futureman does(which is why I don't think he's trolling anymore).  So it's crazy that you keep acting like I'm saying something out of the ordinary.  And yes, I think he deserves better than this team and fan base.  I don't' think that's a stupid comment at all.

And it's fucking LAUGHABLE that you're saying I have some dick riding comments, when even I've called Dak out for mistakes and bad plays.  

Also that you don't call the absolute trash take haters out when they are obviously so biased against him that it's ridiculous.  Don't see you calling out those people, when they can't say ANYTHING positive at all.  But you'll come on here and attack me for my 1 or 2 posts a fucking week where I'm talking good about Dak.

But cool, keep the double standards alive. 

Edited by Drew
  • Like 1

this is an easy call for me.  you keep your best OL at his best position.  the interior position is important.  he knows how to handle stunts. if you're moving anyone you're moving connor to tackle.  move him to RT if you don't trust him on the blindside. 

10 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

this is an easy call for me.  you keep your best OL at his best position.  the interior position is important.  he knows how to handle stunts. if you're moving anyone you're moving connor to tackle.  move him to RT if you don't trust him on the blindside. 

You’re probably right. Maybe I’m not giving Knight enough credit. I think he’s an nfl tackle, but I feel like overtime he’s gonna get worked pretty bad. I don’t understand how we went into this season without a starting caliber swing tackle. It’s insane.

This is going to be the real test. Everyone was on adrenaline and playing for Dak for the last quarter. This was also the easiest game left on our schedule aside from when we play them again. What is this team going to do against the stiffer competition? It's Dalton's team the rest of the way.

I would almost root for a full tank at this time to get a high pick. But that would be 2015 all over again and that season was terrible and not fun. 

Just now, Hate said:

The last fun season was 25 years ago. We are used to no fun. Full tank.

A season can only be fun if they win it all? If that is how you view fun seasons, you are going to miserable with sports.

Let's not pretend 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018 were not fun. All ended in disappointment but it was a fun ride.

2016 was fun as hell. Started 0-1 and then won 10 or 11 in a row.

• Hook 'Em 1

This defense and OL are bad enough that we don’t have to tank to finish in the bottom 5. Assuming we have all of our picks next draft that should be sufficient for a good talent infusion in those areas. Would they rather spend that first pick on Lawrence or fields?  Who knows but knowing Jerry probably yes. Might only take the third pick to get fields if nyg is picking top 2, assuming there’s a player they would want to take there rather than trade back. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This defense and OL are bad enough that we don’t have to tank to finish in the bottom 5. Assuming we have all of our picks next draft that should be sufficient for a good talent infusion in those areas. Would they rather spend that first pick on Lawrence or fields?  Who knows but knowing Jerry probably yes. Might only take the third pick to get fields if nyg is picking top 2, assuming there’s a player they would want to take there rather than trade back. 

Most likely those two guys are the first 2 off the board so we'd have to be really bad.... If the Giants get the 2nd pick it means Jones has not progressed and the GM is probably gone, but they'd trade out anyway most likely, if they decide to keep Jones.  Depends on how Fields looks I guess.  Trey Lance is expected to be a top 4 QB off the board too but probably doesn't take a top 3-4 pick.  Frankly, I think as long as he's expected to make a full recovery, this leads to Dak signing an extension and then the team can upgrade at OT or CB.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1