Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Great news for LVE to get back out there but he's returning to practice, he's reportedly a long way from getting in a game.  3-4 weeks a least.  There is some hope Anthony Brown may be able to play this week.

Wouldn't be shocked if LVE doesn't return until after the BYE.

Brown news:

Anthony Brown: "uhhh....coach, I'm not sure I'm quite ready yet (to be a part of this shitty defense).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don’t want to talk about Dak’s game ending interception. Yeah, the defense is garbage, but the offense continually starts slow. Dak leads these crazy comebacks but put them in a hole to begin with.  

Not a dak apologist. But how does his play at qb have to do with the defense? His play has been good this year. 9 tds and 3 ints. Any team will take that with a 103 rating and you know it.

And you are set on that being his fault on the game ending interception last week? You didn't watch the game and saw the play by play box score on ESPN then, which I would totally understand.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Not a dak apologist. But how does his play at qb have to do with the defense? His play has been good this year. 9 tds and 3 ints. Any team will take that with a 103 rating and you know it.

empty. stats.

the important stat is 1-3 by the hair of his teeth.  this is essentially an 0-4 team for all intensive porpoises. 

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

And you are set on that being his fault on the game ending interception last week? You didn't watch the game and saw the play by play box score on ESPN then, which I would totally understand.

Not saying it’s Dak’s fault, but we knew the defense was bad. Maybe not this bad, but we knew it was bad. When this offense is leading the league in turnovers and most of those happen in the first half of games, it gives us no chance to win. Our offense is good enough to overcome our shit defense, but no team is going to win games if they lead the league in turnovers and turnover differential by a wide margin. Even if we had an above average defense you aren’t going to win games turning it over more than any team in the league. And when you go back and watch some of those games, it would be slot more turnovers if dbs could actually catch. There was a pretty bad one last week where it literally went straight out of the corners hands and straight into Galllups hands.  So yes, a lot of those are on Dak. Zeke has lost 2 fumbles too. The defense isn’t getting fixed anytime soon. This offense shouldn’t be leading the league in turnovers. We will out score virtually every team if we aren’t turning but over 2.5 times a game.

Yeah it seems Biadasz is an upgrade of Looney.

My opinion on Dak -- he could win plenty with a top 5 franchise which the Cowboys are not. Not a hof type and needs the right pieces around him but could win in the right situation ala not giving a guy with 0.5 sacks in the last 11 games Khalil Mack money or Jaylon Smith top 5 LB money when he's not even an every down starter. Or paying a RB without great hands $$$ in a passing league. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

People don’t want to talk about that. That don’t want to talk about the two 2nd quarter turnovers by our two most prominent offensive leaders that effectively spotted the Browns 14 points. They don’t want to talk about Dak’s game ending interception. Yeah, the defense is garbage, but the offense continually starts slow. Dak leads these crazy comebacks but put them in a hole to begin with. He’s the epitome of an empty stats guy. 

I say all this not to troll. I like Dak. But he’s Phillip Rivers or Tony Romo at this point. He is not an elite QB. 

The next 4 games are where McCarthy ought to earn his money. They must be 4-4 after 8 and 6-5 on Thanksgiving night. I’m not sure they can finish much better than 9-7, but unless Philly gets on a roll, that’ll do it. 

You can’t have watched that game and still say the offense started slow.  That’s just a mind numbingly bad take.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, futureman said:
empty. stats.
the important stat is 1-3 by the hair of his teeth.  this is essentially an 0-4 team for all intensive porpoises. 

Quincy Carter and Anthony Wright are free agents.

Nah man, Jerry got his eye on signing Ryan Leaf again.

Just being honest or disturbing?

Dallas safety Xavier Woods had quite the response when asked about the defense's effort in Sunday's 49-38 loss to Cleveland.

"Our effort’s been good. I mean on certain plays some guys, I mean me included, there may be a lack but overall the effort is there. I mean you don’t expect, we’re in the NFL, you don’t expect guys (to go) full speed for 70 plays. That's not possible," Wood said. "We're going to push as hard as we can. You don't expect a backside corner to make a play on the opposite side. (If) he's running full speed the whole time it's just not possible to be honest."

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

ESPN asked a question today on which QB has lost the most games as a favorite in the last 2 years. Bullshit phrasing as it should be team not QB. But the answer was Dak at 8. 

That question could be rephrased "what fanbase has the stupidest fans that continue to put money on a team that they constantly overrate".

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Also, I haven’t looked at how they were graded but Brandon Knight and Tyler Biadasz looked pretty good according to most people they know what they’re looking at when evaluating olinemen. Especially knight. He might just fuck around and be our swing tackle of the future
If Knight starts the game we probably score a TD to Lamb on Dak's stripped sack.

3adba93065fdae73fd830ff33cc7834a.jpg1cf055f898a81670896fd0e2dfa5f4e9.jpgfec5744f035c091f5997e79f628be80c.jpg4eb8148f0c60c4a9f57bef14c8d08c18.jpg96a9c71e029d548c1eab915e47161119.jpg

LT-Smith 

LG-Connor

C-Biadasz

RG-Martin 

RT-knight

If we can keep that oline somewhat healthy (asking a lot out of smith) then I expect this oline will start to have some chemistry within the next few weeks. Starting Steele was a moronic decision. Knight is better at every aspect of being a tackle.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Jimmy Johnson would. That’s for damn sure.

Would Jimmy see Woods as a viable starter or a John Roper scrub?

Even jimmy said he would have woken Troy or Emmitt  up.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

LT-Smith 

LG-Connor

C-Biadasz

RG-Martin 

RT-knight

If we can keep that oline somewhat healthy (asking a lot out of smith) then I expect this oline will start to have some chemistry within the next few weeks. Starting Steele was a moronic decision. Knight is better at every aspect of being a tackle.

if Biadasz could hold down center could we have Looney replace Connor?  that might be a pretty solid line.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

if Biadasz could hold down center could we have Looney replace Connor?  that might be a pretty solid line.

I’d rather have looney in his old role of backup to both guards and center. I don’t think there’s a big enough difference between Connor and looney to want to move people around if an interior lineman gets hurt. 

27 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

^That's a scary OL and not in a good way.

if tyron's out it'll be bad period.  this minimizes the damage.  but we'll still see a heavy dose of 1st down, run.  2nd down, screen.  3rd down, screen. punt. 

Poe has been one of the worst FA signings I can remember us having when you think about what he was actually brought in to do. He was brought in with the sole purpose of helping stop the run. Carolina being dead last in run defense last year should’ve been a bit of a red flag.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Totally fucked.  But I'm sure people will still expect the offense to be perfect regardless..

And yeah, that stat about QB's losing as a favorite is SUCH trash. QB's do NOT win games by themselves.  No matter what the idiots say.  They damned sure don't lose games on their own too.

It's like looking at the GB and Rams play off games and trying to blame the QB for either loss.

Since some of y'all love PFF and their grades. These are the grades after 4 weeks. Lmao at this defense. Good fucking lord.

QB: Dak Prescott- 82.2 Grade (8th) Passing grade 78.6 (9th)

RB: Zeke- 66.6 Grade (23rd)
T. Pollard- 62.7 not enough snaps to rank

WR: Amari- 81.5 (10th)
MG- 60.6 (97th)
Ceedee- 65.2 (77th)
N Brown- 72.9 not enough snaps to rank
C Wilson- 78.0 not enough snaps to rank

TE: Schultz- 66.8 (31st)
B. Bell- 67.9 (28th)
S. Mckeon- 60.5 not enough snaps to rank

Center: Looney- 64.0 (23rd)
Biadasz- 56.8 (30th)

Guard: Martin- 84.8 (4th)
Williams- 61.2 (37th)

Tackle: Tyron Smith- 67.8 (38th)
Steele- 47.8 (73rd out of 74)
B. Knight- 65.4 (44th)

DT: A. Woods- 54.4 (89th)
Hill- 34.1 (119th worst graded DT in the entire league)
Ty Craw- 49.8 (101st)
D. Poe- 55.7 (87th)
Gallimore- 53.2 not enough snaps to rank

DE: A. Smith- 61.4 (49th)
DLaw- 60.7 (56th)
Griffen- 49.7 (99th)
Armstrong- 58.0 (70th)
B. Anae- 77.5 not enough snaps to rank

LB: Joe Thomas- 53.5 (38th)
Vander Glass- 47.0 not enough snaps to rank
Jaylon- 41.7 (59th)

CB: Chido- 66.9 (32nd)
Worley- 57.0 (71st)
T. Diggs- 44.5 (96th)
AB- 51.3 not enough snaps to rank
J Lew- 53.0 (81st)

Safety: X Woods- 72.7 (8th)
D. Thompson- 45.6 (74th)
Brandon Carr- 54.4 not enough snaps to rank
D. Wilson- 46.4 not enough snaps to rank

Well no shit. That was their 2nd biggest mistake this offseason(not signing Dak being the biggest).

I mean I'm kind of torn...I know they'll probably win this division but get bounced in the first round or they could just go ahead and tank and get the best draft picks they can to bolster the defense and maybe even help the OL for the future.

44 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well no shit. That was their 2nd biggest mistake this offseason(not signing Dak being the biggest).

I mean I'm kind of torn...I know they'll probably win this division but get bounced in the first round or they could just go ahead and tank and get the best draft picks they can to bolster the defense and maybe even help the OL for the future.

The mistake that forced that decision upon them was giving Zeke and Jaylon their money (early at that). Byron Jones should've been priority 2 after Dak. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The mistake that forced that decision upon them was giving Zeke and Jaylon their money (early at that). Byron Jones should've been priority 2 after Dak. 

dak will only sign for franchise-destroying money because he is a greedy cancer. just like when russell wilson got paid and their roster got decimated.  except russell is actually good at football.

this isn’t hard. 

Top teams in PPG through 4 weeks:

Packers - 38.0

Seahawks - 35.5

Cowboys - 31.5

Browns - 31.0

Bills -30.8

Saints - 30.8

Ravens - 30.5

Buccaneers - 30.0

Chiefs - 29.3

Raiders - 27.8

Soooooo...outside of the Raiders and the Cowboys the other teams have winning records. This screams of how shitty the defense is.

i wonder if JJ understands that having competent Safeties and Corners helps the pass rush? Does he even understand Defense? Does McCarthy? We know Nolan sure as shit doesn’t. Most of the teams on that list above have a shot at the SB. And division championship/WC. If Dallas had a Defense...damn.

its only 1/4 of the season though. Covid, injuries, etc...can still wreck teams and units can still improve. But still. 1-3 with that kind of PPG numbers is just sad. 

Edited by Nicole44

Most even HOF type QBs like a Rodgers or Brees only get to a Super Bowl once unless they also have great coaches and management around them. 

Unfortunately we have like the 8th best QB in football, a joke of a GM, and a fat slob that was carried by Aaron Rodgers as a head coach.  And now we gotta pay our QB even more money cause our genius owners wanted to play hardball and instead pay Jaylon Smith, Zeke, and Demarcus Lawrence. We are screwed unless we hit on a ton of draft picks for a three year period. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

DLaw is a terrible extension as well. He has not recorded a sack on his own in over a year. He got paid and checked out. We are paying him to be a top of the league pass rusher. I see so many say he does stuff that does not show up on the stat sheet. Fuck that. He is getting outplayed by a guy who has been out of the league for 5 seasons. Imagine this defense without Aldon Smith.

DLaw, Crawford, Jaylon all got big extensions and they all fucking suck.

And I didn't mind Byron walking. He's like DLaw to me. He wanted a lot of money to not make any plays. You pay that money for DBs who can make plays, not a guy whose best attribute is he sometimes covers good. He was and will always be a combine warrior and a PFF "star". I want playmakers on my defense. We have maybe one (Aldon Smith) and Byron was not one at all.

So..... we're going to have a bottom 5 DL and a bottom 5 OL without Smith now..... Not how you win championships.  Shit, not even how you win divisions.  I'd say they need a reset but frankly, it's a Jones family issue and as long as Jerrah's still alive, they'll never win anything of value.  I'm starting to wonder about Stephen now too.  People without the requisite skills playing fake GM.  Sheesh.

Man I think if I’m dak, I refuse sign up to play for this incompetent management long term, and make them pay 40 next year for another franchise tag year and then walk, or don’t franchise him and walk after this year.  It’s not like there won’t be a market. There was a market for cousins and there was a market for tannehill, and Ryan Fitzpatrick continues to start in this league. 

Like when the Redskins played hardball with Cousins (who I think is slightly worse than Dak). It's like okay...I'll go to another franchise. Not like the Cowboys defense is gonna carry him.

Redskins are now stuck with Dwayne Haskins who is awful and gonna have to draft another rookie QB. 

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Man I think if I’m dak, I refuse sign up to play for this incompetent management long term, and make them pay 40 next year for another franchise tag year and then walk, or don’t franchise him and walk after this year.  It’s not like there won’t be a market. 

well, no one ever accused you of being smart.